Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attack method
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Mortax
So, it's late and 'm board. smile.gif What are your favorite methods of attack? Either you or one of your pcs. Posting interesting methods is greatly apreciated. smile.gif GM's security methods are good too.
fistandantilus4.0
Control thoughts is a great one (unless you're playing w/ Fygg Nuuton nyahnyah.gif )

But also a big fan of BF shotguns.

That and stacking mana bolts and stun bolts together so that they put up their magic defenses , and then shoot the bastich w/ a silvergun
Kagetenshi
Drones. Lots of drones.

~J
Lady Door
My twin Predators, babee. biggrin.gif
Critias
SMGs, most of the time. Pistols, most of the rest.
toturi
Anything appropriate that is untraceable.
Grinder
Pistols & Magic.
Slump
Narcoject. Fast, Silent, and not deadly, so I don't have to worry about a murder investigation.

Nothin' says lovin like a dual-charge IR Smoke/Neuro-stun IV grenade when you have a narcoject gun with an ultrasound sight (and appropriate blood filtration cyber)
Edward
Options are the key.

My current character has sun spells and physical combat spells in bolt and ball form. A couple of low force elemental manipulations for secondary effects, some tactical spells that can improvise attacks (levitate, move earth). A heavy pistol for when it’s not worth the drain (rare lately) and a holdout with gamma-scopolamine casual rounds to take past security.

On especially nasty runs he also takes some grenades

Previous characters preferred large blades or shotguns

Edward
Digital Heroin
Tricycles with C4 under the seat... nothing says fun like: `Hey, look what some kid just left lying...` BOOM!
pragma
Environmental Conditions -- throwing your opponent into an electrified body of water, for instance (bonus points if you electrified it for that pupose). Unfortunately these are incredibly hard to pull off unless you have a sharp character and lenient GM.

Firearms are much more common and about half as good. The silenced Browning Max-Power being king among these.
ShadowDragon8685
Cruise missile.

Short of that, Ares Predator, bay-baaaaay!
fistandantilus4.0
Environmental Conditions -- throwing your opponent into an electrified body of water, for instance (bonus points if you electrified it for that pupose). Unfortunately these are incredibly hard to pull off unless you have a sharp character and lenient GM.

played the punisher video game that came out a few months ago?
ShadowDragon8685
oooooh.

Environmental conditions are fun. smile.gif
Trax
My current character's name is Gunner, as the name implies, he likes heavy weapons and explosives. Currently the proud owner of a SAM missile, and looking for an excuse to use it.

I tend to cause mass destruction with anyone I play. Sometimes on purpose, usually by accident. Is it my fault that nearly everything in the world is flammable?
Dog
Fists, forearms, knees, etc.
Ancient History
"I always knew...there was nothing wrong with you I couldn't fix with my hands."
--the Batman, to the Joker

"There are seven working defenses from this position. Three disarm with minimal contact. Three kill. One hurts."
--the Batman
pragma
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)

played the punisher video game that came out a few months ago?

Nope. I have played Half-Life though, and that has enough electrified water to last me to my dying day.
Ancient History
"Hm. Never disposed of sewage with toilet before. Obvious, really."
--Rorschach, after killing a con with a toilet full of electrified water
Jrayjoker
Nothing says I love you like a blunt force trauma...clubs.
Nikoli
Bumper love here my man, ramming speed!
RangerJoe
Is it a problem that my troll merc character doesn't consider a fully tricked out automatic shotgun a "big gun"?
Foreigner
Although his namesake in the comics has used many different means of execution (ninja-to, bare hands/martial arts, and firearms, to name a few), I voted "Other" because, although I have visions of my character eventually becoming a world-class assassin, he hasn't killed anyone-- yet.

nyahnyah.gif

--Foreigner
Mugzy
Clubs!

You can take almost ANYTHING and use it as a functional club.... especially if you're a troll...

Chairs, plates, guns, pool cues, mugs, plants, bats, table legs, mailboxes, cameras, pipes, street signs, lightposts, tire irons, wrenches, hammers, other metahumans, cyberdecks, rocks, scrap metal, car bumpers, rear axle off an old Lincoln, bicycles, whiskey bottle, axe handle, and lets not forget, a plain old piece of wood.

"Nothing like a good piece of hickory!" - Clint Eastwood as The Preacher, Pale Rider
sanctusmortis
My Ingram Smartgun and SPAS-12 full of explosive rounds, ta...
Dawnshadow
Lets see.. Pistols on one.
Blades & custom sustained combat spells on another.
Blades, combat spells & lightning bolts on one that I haven't gotten to use yet.
Narcojet & spirits on a conjurer I'm soon to use
Stun spells, pistols and pepper punch spray cans on the last.
SkeevePlowse
Swords and sorcery all the way for me.

I mean, the big tricked out shotguns and SMGs are certainly cool, and effective (and most of my characters carry at least one of those), but it's all about swords and magic, in my book.
Mortax
Hehehe, had an idea for fun security. My players, no peaking.

[ Spoiler ]
lorthazar
Actually I have this strange preferance for the Ares MP laser I stole on my last run against Ares. I even carry a spare set of batteries. Nothing like scaring the crap out the goon in heavy military grade armor or making dragons sweat.
John Campbell
Rocks.

From orbit.
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (John Campbell)
Rocks.

From orbit.

"Yes, Ares at Home shop by phone? I'd like to order a cow please. Rush delivery. From orbit, that won't be a problem, will it? No, no, I don't mind the S&H. Yes, charge it to my cred. Thank you."
FlakJacket
Siroccos.
John Campbell
You attack people with warm breezes?
FlakJacket
No, the Russian anti-ship missiles. 20SN of high explosive fun. biggrin.gif
JackDaddy
QUOTE (FlakJacket)
No, the Russian anti-ship missiles. 20SN of high explosive fun. biggrin.gif

Oh if were going to play with Naval Scale stuff...

ANDREWS
Smiley
Nuking the planet from orbit.

Only way to be sure.
Fygg Nuuton
nothin says i love you like a gun to the face
FlakJacket
QUOTE (JackDaddy @ Jul 22 2005, 08:18 PM)
Oh if were going to play with Naval Scale stuff...

Well he said favourite, not the ones you use most often. wink.gif
ShadowDragon8685
Ares Victory, then. smile.gif
littlesean
Eichiro Hatamoto II with a Force 4 Combat spell focus built into the custom grip. One shot lead, one blast from a Stun Bolt or Mana Bolt.

"Here is a trick mom showed me while you weren't looking" Avatar to Blackwolf in Wizards
Catsnightmare
I second BF shotguns, Remingtons specifically. Got your Roomsweeper for portable concealed carry, and the big 990 for when it hits the fan.
Edge2054
QUOTE (Mugzy @ Jul 21 2005, 03:44 PM)
Clubs!

You can take almost ANYTHING and use it as a functional club.... especially if you're a troll...

Chairs, plates, guns, pool cues, mugs, plants, bats, table legs, mailboxes, cameras, pipes, street signs, lightposts, tire irons, wrenches, hammers, other metahumans, cyberdecks, rocks, scrap metal, car bumpers, rear axle off an old Lincoln, bicycles, whiskey bottle, axe handle, and lets not forget, a plain old piece of wood.

"Nothing like a good piece of hickory!" - Clint Eastwood as The Preacher, Pale Rider

Don't forget Polerams skill for the street signs, Edged weapons for the broken bottles, and throwing weapons, to, well, throw all of the above!! wink.gif

I voted for firearms though, from my current character's perspective. He doesn't feel safe if he's not packing heat.

Still trying to convince my GM to let me toss the monowhip in the finger compartment though. Call having that around his plan B.

*coughs and edits*

I also like the poor man's Assualt Cannon.

Tossing a boat load of additional RC into an Ares Alpha. Eight rounds of EX ammo coming at you with no recoil mods. 18D BABY!!
Foreigner
I don't recall where I saw it, but there was an SR-related Website whose operator--presumably a GM--had taken the phrase "Time to open up a can of Whoop-Ass!" literally.

His/Her version (called "Can of Whoop-Ass", naturally smile.gif ) was an aerosol can filled with a metal-based epoxy--either titanium or steel, I think.

The stuff hardened upon contact with air, and the can served as the handle.

IIRC, it only lasted for a few Combat Rounds, though--the molecular structure wasn't exactly stable.

At the end of the specified time--predetermined by the GM, I think--the whole thing disintegrated, leaving a residue resembling a pile of glitter or the fragments found in a metal machining shop.

--Foreigner
6thDragon
I have three characters that I rotate through; each with their own preferred method. My favorite a compulsion (3 pt flaw) for blowing things up, if he has explosives on him when the run is over...he'll use them on something; Second character control thoughts spell; third character capsule rounds with a variety of chemicals. I've found a use for hold out pistols after all!!! The amount of the chemical and the effect is the same if it's a hold out pistol of a shotgun. I love it!!!
Edge2054
QUOTE (6thDragon)
I've found a use for hold out pistols after all!!! The amount of the chemical and the effect is the same if it's a hold out pistol of a shotgun. I love it!!!

*strokes chin* devil.gif

A composite hold-out pistol loaded with chem rounds.

Say goodbye to all your weapon detector worries.
Ancient History
We had these back in the day. We called 'em "Ares Squirt" guns. Better than Narcojecs, believe you me.
Straw Man
Free Action to Activate Brightlights, Complex Cyber-Implant Combat (With Close-Combat Option from Pentjak-Silat), using Improved hand razors coated with Hyper-DMSO and Bliss-DMSO fed from Venom Sacs.

Can you say +10 TN modifier? Sure. I knew you could.
FrostyNSO
My favorite attack:

A well maintained network of contacts and a full credstick.

[ Spoiler ]
Mortax
QUOTE (Straw Man)
Free Action to Activate Brightlights, Complex Cyber-Implant Combat (With Close-Combat Option from Pentjak-Silat), using Improved hand razors coated with Hyper-DMSO and Bliss-DMSO fed from Venom Sacs.

Can you say +10 TN modifier? Sure. I knew you could.

That is one I'm gonna remember. smile.gif
Yawgmoth
Aimed, called face shot with a smartlink-2 equipped slivergun. Sandblasting anyone?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012