Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun on the XBox
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Large Mike

So. Shadowrun on the XBox. And apparently without putting emphasis on skill-advancement a la the SNES of Genesis versions. The read I got was that it'd be a straight FPS.

To paraphrase someone else, just because A is the first letter in a new alphabete, doesn't mean E is the fifth letter.

On the other hand, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Thoughts? Opinions?
Astelaron
We needed another first person shooter. Doom, Quake, Half Life, Unreal, Halo, and now Shadowrun.

A first person shooter will really capture the essence of shadowrun. I mean running around and shooting people is what the game is all about.

Sarcasm aside The Wheel of Time video game was actually pretty good and was a first person shooter. The Machin Shin in The Ways scared the hell out of me. If The Wheel of Time can be turned into a descent first person shooter then so can Shadowrun. That said, I like everyone else on these forums was hoping for a really good rpg shadowrun game. Something of a cross between Neverwinter Nights and Grand Theft Auto would be much preferred.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Astelaron)
That said, I like everyone else on these forums was hoping for a really good rpg shadowrun game. Something of a cross between Neverwinter Nights and Grand Theft Auto would be much preferred.

*Finally stops retching*

Speak for yourself.

~J
SL James
QUOTE (Astelaron)
That said, I like everyone else on these forums was hoping for a really good rpg shadowrun game.

Of course.

Oh... wait. You meant a RPG video game. Oh...

To hell with that.
Mortax
A Halflife or Fallout:Tactics style game would have been my preference.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012