Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shock Weapons
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Westiex
A shock glove does (STR - 1)M Stun + 7S Stun

Now, I'm guessing that the (STR-1)M is from the punch, so that gets resolved normally. For the 7S stun, which I'm guessing comes from the jolt of electricity from the gloves ...

Shock weapons include melee-combat stun batons and ranged-combat tasers. Both work on a similar principle, relying on a contact discharge of electricity rather than kinetic energy. Each causes Stun damage, and combat with a stun baton (melee)

A successful hit by a stun weapon stuns the target for a number of Combat Turns equal to the Power of the attack, minus one-half (round down) any impact armor worn, and also minus the successes generated from a Body or Willpower Test (whichever is greater) made against a Target Number 4. This state of disorientation imposes an additional +2 target modifier to all tests for as long as it lasts.
Impact armor protects against shock weapons, but its rating is halved (rounding down).

(P124, SR3 BBB)

So, I think that its resolved as thus:

Body resistance test against 7S, w/ half impact armor.
If the above test does damage, then there is a further test to see if the target is stunned for combat turns (Power - 1/2 impact), minus Body(4) or Willpower (4) successes.

Or am I confused by the rules?
weblife
Ya, thats it.

Note the discrepancy though, if you hit with shock gloves, you get a normal punch attack in addition to the stun, at -1P, where with a stunbaton, you only get shock damage.

I guess its because the batons are not used as clubs but more as cattleprods.
Crusher Bob
Be careful with the shock glove, as 'free extra attack' (both punch and shock attack) may lead to jokers holding big metal bars with their shock gloves for 'big metal bar' + shock damage attacks, the big metal bar conducts the electricity, right? rotfl.gif
weblife
The electricity runs through the path of least resistance. But most shock gloves have electrified knuckles, so grabbing a metal bar wouldn't send electricity into it. - Or short out the wearer.

It should be possible to integrate shock-tech into axes and staves. Thats just up to the GM if he wants powerful weapons in his campaign.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012