Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ancient History - Compiled
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Nyxll
I have been going through the archives and digging out basic resources and posts that people have written. Most of my resources are of course from Ancient History, so he has his own section at the bottom. (mainly because it was so long, and if it is at the top no one will read the other posts)

I have posted the names of the others in the posts, where possible. The formatting is loose at the moment, but at least it is some what oraganized.

Idea Compilation
Eldritch
<MR. Burns>"Excellllent"</Mr. Burns>

Very cool, Thanks!
Kagetenshi
Always knew he was an AI. Did you have any difficulty compiling him? I'm considering trying to build an optimized version for my personal use, but wanted to make sure everything would go smoothly before I set up a possibly week-long compile.

~J
Crusher Bob
AH, like all programs which alter their own source code, runs much better in an uncompiled state. The compiled copies of AH tend to be short sighted and erratic, with the last attempt in January of 1995 leading to near disastrous consequences. Thankfully, a crack team of replacement monkeys was rushed on site before the situation became unrecoverable.
Sicarius
Note to self: Buy replacement for replacement monkeys.
Tiralee
Did you want a collection of the damn NPC/Contact lists?

It may take a few days, but I should be able to hunt up "the pile" and modify/include the usual (Stats, skills, resources)

-Tir
Nyxll
Did you want a collection of the damn NPC/Contact lists?

It may take a few days, but I should be able to hunt up "the pile" and modify/include the usual (Stats, skills, resources)

I would love a list Tir. I just put them in point form for the time being, so the gems will not be lost in time. (my question back to you is if you put that much effort into them, should they instead be on the wiki? I can help with that if you wanted me too.)

Always knew he was an AI. Did you have any difficulty compiling him? I'm considering trying to build an optimized version for my personal use, but wanted to make sure everything would go smoothly before I set up a possibly week-long compile.

Compiling AH was kind of like trying to nail jello to the wall.

If you want to compile your own, you will need no less than 4 crays, and 19 terabytes of space. (he winds up generating huge volumes of text upon completion.)

I used his name in the title to basically push the interest in the thread. (it was like free celebrity promotion) I tried to glean the most pertinent parts of the posts. Sometimes that required additional comments.

If others can point out additional posts that should be added please let me know.
Velocity
Sweet idea, well executed. Whuffie.
Grinder
Good work. smile.gif
DocMortand
I wonder how AH feels about being compiled...

And I'd love to have statted NPCs as well.
Velocity
He's purring. biggrin.gif
Trax
Hmm, I notice there there was a run idea about the Predator aliens coming to Earth. Anyone got the stats of how one would build them?
Nyxll
I will dig up some old notes ... there were even stats on their weapons. Gimme till Wednesday night
Trax
You now have until 12:00am August 4th, 2005. biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Just noticed that "Old Bones" isn't listed in the free spirits (T: SH). Do Grande Zombies not get to be in the club?
Nyxll
It was from a list that someone compiled. I think AH ... there are a few to add ... including IVY... I will put in on the list of things to do tonight. Thanks.
Ancient History
That was a /very/ bare-bones list with /many/ holes.
Spookymonster
I think you need to re-compile AH again... looks like he's having /regex/ problems...
Nyxll
the Predator

There are the stats for your predator. You might want to make something unique about your predator, from 2 it seems that each predator has a unique style.

If you want to bump up the abilities, make the predator a physad, and stick some abilities, or possibly add some cyber/bioware. I tried making it tough like a troll, but it mainly relies on stealth. (I think that a predator would not use the cyber/bio) really since it is not really that sporting, but how sporting is a plasma weapon?)
JBlades
That just flat-out rocks. Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012