Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruitment: Balance Due
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
BishopMcQ
Wanted: Shadowrunners who are disenfranchised with the established Church or actively wishing harm to the organization known in whispered conversation as Templars. Applicants should have combat and reconaissance experience and be available to work immediately. Must be willing to work in high stress, team-based environment.

If interested, leave brief bio for consideration.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so give me a concept, a history, a breathing person--Character sheets themselves are not immediately necessary.

This game will revolve around an active hunt of Templars and their agents, as well as, the repaying of certain debts contracted during Chasing the Prize. Characters with a personal stake in such endeavors will be looked on more favorably than those just in it for the money, but all concepts will be looked at.

Post questions if you've got them.

Re:Karma--I'm not posting a build guideline yet because I want to see what characters and concepts get thrown into the circle. From there we can discuss what you need to make the concept work the way you want it to...if it is overpowered, I'll work with you to scale it down and vice versa.
Digital Heroin
Oh I am so going to toss something up for this... ideas already boiling in my head...
Nightcrawler472
Y'know it's funny, I was just talking about a concept I had with a friend of mine, and then there's someone recruiting biggrin.gif

Anyway..

My current concept is an ex cage fighter turned Yakuza/Mafia goon/bodyguard turned shadowrunner.

He was born in the Sprawl, poor family, area pretty much run by whichever criminal syndicate (not sure which just yet). Anyway, he learnt how to fight to protect himself, and when he was in his late teens he heard that there was big money to be made in illegal cage fights run by aforementioned crime syndicate. Makes a name for himself in the fights, and the syndicate running the cage fights offer him a job as a goon/bodyguard for a mid ranking officer in their ranks, which he takes, thinking it's his lucky break. Works as a bodyguard for a few years, before eventually becoming jaded with the lifestyle and decides to move on...pulls a vanishing act and ends up working as a shadowrunner to stay alive, and stay out of sight of the syndicate he left.

That's all I've got for now, I can refine it a bit as time goes on...so, what you think?

Edit:

Actually, I've just had a thought...

Scratch the disappearing act, have him still working for the crime syndicate, and they send him after the Templars because they want something, or someone...

Hmm...I'll need to think about this angle a bit more, but I prefer it to him just being in it for the money, instead he's following orders (maybe with something in it for him if he pulls the job off?)
Mugzy
I think I';ll throw my hat into this one. Sounds neat.

I have a few ideas that popped into my head. maybe one could be developed more:

A dissillusioned ex desert wars force chaplain.. seen a lot of war, death, killing, etc...

An ex priest or one that didn't make it all the way through the seminary due to some collateral shadow activity, maybe a former member of the order of St Sylvester who used his "gift from god" to kill someone, or was forced out due to church politics... (friend / family member was kidnapped / killed...got them back or killed the perpetrators, but couldnt complete the ceremony because the guilt was too great or something similar)

Conspiracy nut who thinks "big brother is going to take over the world through the masons ruling all the corps.. etc...." I cant help but think of a crazy eye'd dwarf with scraggly hair living in a trailer in the woods surrounded by landmines waiting for the mothership....

Shadow
Operations File, Lancer Merc Div. Seattle Area. Classified M-6 or higher. Do not distribute.

Name: Daniel 'Downtown' Townsend
Former Occupation: CAS Special Forces

Primary Weapon: MSG90
Secondary Weapon: P-90

Training:
Infantry, Airborne, Air Assault, Pathfinders, Rangers, PLDC, Sniper, Spec Force.

Personality Profile
Downtown is the perfect team player, he is comfortable taking orders as well as giving them. He can operate independently in support of a team or in the front line. He rarely looses his cool, if ever.

History:
[ Spoiler ]

OOC: He doesn't really have a problem with the church per sea, but he is a friend of Bishops (Ecces character)

Ecclesiastes
Of course, I'll be adding Bishop into the mix from the last run. Bishop is an ex-Templar and is sick of running from them. Its time to turn around and fight!

Shadow: Downtown! Right on! biggrin.gif
Digital Heroin
I present to you my rough concept for Rowan MacBride, aka Sister Suffering.

[ Spoiler ]
Fenris
Okay, dual character concept myself and Buddha are working on:

Two members of Tigger's Hunt Club. Part of a somewhat more...proactive approach, this pair is seeking to prevent the deaths of any more shapeshifters at the Templar's hands. With the information passed on from Tigger, they've targeted the Society as their next proactive step in protecting the community.
Buddha72
Would be very team oriented (they like packs/groups) and open to working creatively. Shot you a PM McQuillan so you can slam us down in private. biggrin.gif
HeySparky
Edana will be right alongside everyone, just as soon as she's out of the pokey.

nyahnyah.gif
Digital Heroin
Dang, everyone's teaming up on this one... making a poor guy wanting to play a not so innocent girl sweat at his chances of getting in...
BishopMcQ
Mugzy--Choose the concept you like best and start fleshing it out a bit more.

Overall I like the concepts that are rolling down the pipe...

I'll make final choices Thursday and we can get moving.

For characters, use 125 BPs to get started and then add a reasonable amount of karma. This will be a run specifically targeting an organization that has world power on par with a Corporation, plan and build accordingly.
Digital Heroin
Just to clear things up, so as I know for sure, do you allow Raygun's weaponry? Also, what are the avaliability limits we're looking at, given this is an elevated level of power'n all...
Shadow
If McQ continues his trend of how he has answered that question in the past he will say,

"I will take Rayguns weapons on a case by case basis".
Buddha72
Ok did a little think tank action and we (me and Fenris) are doing Elves (mage/adepts) from Tir na Nog out to put down the Society for actions against the Elven People. McQuillan seems jazzed by the concept so we're going to work it out over the next few days. We'll do modern versions of simple weapons (bows, swords, etc) and follow the Paths of the Wheel magical tradition. We'll divide up the spell selections into utility and combat. We'll post more when we have more.

PS
Shadow - That was spot on!
Shadow
I so love your guys idea. I have been wanting to do a husband/wife team of runners with my wife for some time but we can't seem to find a game we both like.
HeySparky
Get her over here Shadow! biggrin.gif

So... Buddha... no more Tigger?
BishopMcQ
DH--Re: Availabilities, be reasonable...if you come packing a Barrett with APDS exclusively and wearing Heavy Hardened Mil Armor...I'm going to have a lot of questions. If you have mostly middle of the road gear with one or two things that are harder to find that's fine by me.

Re: Raygun's Guns--As per Shadow..."I will take Rayguns weapons on a case by case basis". I usually request a link to the gun in question.
toturi
Can I reload Graves? If I am not wrong, the survivors of the old crew have a heap of karma. Can we use our old PCs and karma up from there? Most of us need to reload on equipment and cash.
Buddha72
This game is going a little too dark and personal for Tigger but he's got a big old crush on Edana so put him down as a level one contact at least. He's pretty jaded about people but she left an impression that struck.

Speaking of karma, was there a wrap up bonus at the end?

And what cash should we be looking at having post creation and any cash for karma in effect?
Panzergeist
Where can I read about the Templars? And what is Chasing the Prize, is that a previous game of yours? If so, a short synopsis would help.
BishopMcQ
Templars are in Threats 2 and SoE has a little bit more.

Details on Chasing to Come later....need more time to write that up.
Mugzy
Bah,

Id love to get into this one, but it looks like real life is going to kick me where it hurts, and steal my time to do this.

I'll still get a concept together and maybe we can work something out, but I probably can't remain an active member of this one.

Too bad too.. this one looked like it was going to be killer..
Nightcrawler472
Ok, well it appears I'm being summoned to a pub in Holborn (London, for you foreign types), so I can't get anything done tonight.

Still, since I think you're in the US I should be able to get it written up by tomorrow, providing I can find my copy of the SR Comp (I can remember all the points except money)...

Anyway, I'll have something up tomorrow, but for now, [b]beer! lick.gif grinbig.gif
BishopMcQ
Chasing the Prize was my Bounty Hunter game, inspired by Ecc’s call for a legitimate team of Bounty Hunters. His call evoked too much interest and so I volunteered to pick up everyone who didn’t get selected for his game.

The story was basically that they had to bring in a Virologist to stand trial for murder charges and illegal medical studies. The virologist they learned had become a ghoul and released an airborne strain of VITAS in the Seattle subways during rush hour.

That’s when the run began to go down hill. Legitimate bounty hunters began taking loans from the mafia and hiring smugglers to get out of town. They made their way to France and in a confrontation with another Bounty hunting team known as the Society had several fatalities including their mark who had to return alive if they were to be paid. During the firefight, the alarm was sounded and French National Security arrived because they were in the chateau of a French Aristocrat.

Several members of the team were captured and some cooperated with the investigation more than others. Survivors called for revenge while the mafia and others called their balances due…
BishopMcQ
Obviously, that recap leaves out a lot of detail. If you want a more in depth recap, I'd recommend skimming through Chasing the Prize, iot just finished recently and should be found on page 2...
Shadow
I so have to read that thread now.
BishopMcQ
The List:
Shadow
Digital Heroin
Buddha
Fenris
Nightcrawler

Returning:
Ecclesiastes
ES_Sparky

I'm starting with a slightly larger group because I'm used to one or two people dropping out due to Real Life. If everyone stays in though I am comfortable with 7....Chasing after all had over 8...

Let's get some sheets posted and start talking about gear...

Buddha will work as my proxy while I am in transit...expect to get started towards the end of next week.
HeySparky
Good luck with the packing, McQ. We'll be all a-titter in here.
Buddha72
Have a safe trip and much love/luck your way!!

For character sheets go ahead and email them to me. Any gear questions you all can post here or PM me with questions. Feel free to post more definitive info about the character you're bringing to the game.
Whizbang
Darn...too slow to come up with an idea. frown.gif
HeySparky
I'm retooling Edana as if re-genning her. She won't be substantially different from her CtP presence, but maybe more focused/effective in Astral or have better skills.

Any advice for a would-be Astral snoop and general Astral ass kicker?
Shadow
Name: Daniel 'Downtown' Townsend
Former Occupation: CAS Special Forces

Primary Weapon: MSG90
Secondary Weapon: P-90

Training:
Infantry, Airborne, Air Assault, Pathfinders, Rangers, PLDC, Sniper, Spec Force.

Personality Profile
Downtown is the perfect team player, he is comfortable taking orders as well as giving them. He can operate independently in any enviroment.

Staff Sgt. Daniel Townsend
“Down Town”
Creator: Shadow
Ork Sniper Ex-CAS Army
Weight: 180lbs
Level 3 Physad

For those of you who prefer mystory (like me) I will spoiler Tag the actual character.

[ Spoiler ]
Shadow
Enjoy.
Digital Heroin
Alrighty, concept's locked in, time to craft... only thing is, I reckon I'm not sure whether to go the mundane, magical, or machinated route for Ms. MacBride... I do know she'll be well rounded in her combat, with enough face to play up the 'innocent flower' bit if need be...
Panzergeist
I don't think I'll have time for this. Happy hunting.
Digital Heroin
Still working up details... might go Adept, but that ability would probably have been recognized while she was with the church... cyberware would seem sinful to her, but given her vocation, she'd probably consider that she'd ultimately be forgiven... she is doing God's work, after all...
toturi
No go for Graves, McQ?
HeySparky
I think he's in a vat, toturi... frown.gif
toturi
Oh, then perhaps I can join this one with another PC.
Shadow
He may have mist your post Toturi, you might want to PM him
Ecclesiastes
Does anyone know how much karma we got by the time Chasing ended? As in... how many weeks did it run, cause we get 1 karma for each week.
HeySparky
40 weeks. 40 karma.
Nightcrawler472
Ok guys, since I felt...errm...fragile (note to self: Next time, go home earlier) yesterday I didn't get much done, but I'm now in the process of writing up a character, so I should have it finalised by Saturday.

The only thing I do need help with is karma, since I've never been in a game that lasted particularly long so I'm not sure how to spend it.

Oh, also...on the subject of hard to find equipment, would a Cougar Fineblade (long) be allowed? It's Avail. 8 which isn't too bad, but I thought I'd check.
Buddha72
Nightcrawler The Cougar fineblade is fine. On the how to spend karma question, it depends on what type of character you're wanting to make. I know you're doing an ex-cage fighter but is the character cyber based, skill based or an adept? With a little more info I'm certain we all would have suggestions on how to spend the karma.

Shadow I will send you a PM with questions about your character so far, so keep an eye out.

As a player (takes off Proxy hat), are we going to have any connections to one another before the game starts? McQuillan mentioned that someone else was from Tir na Nog so they might already know the duo Fenris and I are doing.
HeySparky
Edana is from Tir na nOg. As is Rowan, DH's character.

What's with the all the nOg love? Wow. biggrin.gif

Shadow
Bishop and Danny are old service buddies. So they have somewhat of a connection.
Nightcrawler472
Well, my character'll be mostly skill based (as the Adept system confuses me), but have some cyberware to make him a bit more long lasting. So, I'll appreciate any advice.

Oh, also, can anyone think of anything similiar to knuckle dusters or armoured gloves? The closest I can find is the Hardliner Gloves in the CC, but if anyone can suggest something else I'd appreciate it.

This game should be fun smile.gif
Digital Heroin
Well a pair of elves who're fighting anti-elven movements, if that's what I saw, might not get on too well with Rowan, given that she was Official IRA, and likely clashed with the elfstocrisy from time to time...
Buddha72
That's good to know, we can switch it to just going after the Templars. They've been messing around in Ireland and we could even work the angle of the enemy of my enemy is my friend with Rowan.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012