Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Countdown to release...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Nomad
Since it seems a bunch of us are still awake and waiting, what are the chances we will actually be able to download at midnight? And is that Eastern US Timezone, or something else?
Sabosect
My bet? 0% I think the download will be up sometime in the afternoon.
Bandwidthoracle
I really hope it's up soon, I'm suppose to grab it as soon as possible
Adam
Well, for starters, you're all a whole day early ... Thursday, people, Thursday... smile.gif
Kagetenshi
Really? I thought it had been quite specifically said that the PDF would hit on Wednesday.

Edit: yep, FAQ 6 says Wednesday.

~J
Nerbert
It says wednesday on www.shadowrunrpg.com
Adam
Pssh. Insanity. Who wrote that thing?

Guess I'm not sleeping tonight.
Ellery
Poor Adam. Don't forget, though--11:59:59pm Hawaii time is still "Wednesday"!
Adam
And in the game industry, a minute away from being late is like being MONTHS EARLY. wink.gif
Bandwidthoracle
QUOTE (Adam)

Well we are rooting for you Adam!
The Canterbury Tail
Come on, it's been Wednesday here for 8 and a half hours, and since we're on GMT we decide when the days are. So come on. smile.gif
ankh-le-fixer
QUOTE (Adam)
Well, for starters, you're all a whole day early ... Thursday, people, Thursday... smile.gif

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
does I have to wait another day?
...such a disappointment frown.gif

Ankh
camping on drivethrough homepage for SR4 pdf release
Phoniex
Countdown to gencon release: time on target T-minus 28 hours. Target locked, launching "missles" at 7pm EST cyber.gif
mintcar
That sure makes me dissapointed... IŽve been iniviting friends over and everything.
weblife
Pretty cool picture of the weaponsexpert though. At www.shadowrunrpg.com I mean.
mintcar
I guess I will stare at that until tomorrow. Then for 8 more hours because of the time difference. smile.gif
blakkie
I really like the weaponsexpert picture, though i don't get the ruby coloured glowing gems on her ear bud/mic. That is so not stealth. frown.gif But minor detail, and the colour splash really works for the picture itself. Maybe they don't actually glow. *shrug*

One thing i haven't seen anyone mention. She's mundane and w/o implants.
mintcar
Have you ever played Splinter Cell? Sam Fisher has these tripple flashlight goggles that could be spoted a mile away, and on his back is a mobile phone that shines just as bright. But it sure looks cool when heŽs standin in the dark and all you see is that three-eyed gaze. And besides, you wouldnŽt be able to steer him if he was entirely invisible, would you? Not exactly relevant to this issue, but itŽs an similar example. I think youŽre right about the color splash working for the picture.
Sidethink
So - is the PDF today or tomorrow? I'm gonna have a freakin heart attack here!
mintcar
We were given the wrong release date, and Adam knows it. HeŽll have it up as soon as he can I bet. I might just wait until friday myself. Might be better for my health that constantly checking on the computer for 2 days. smile.gif
The Canterbury Tail
QUOTE (mintcar)
We were given the wrong release date, and Adam knows it. HeŽll have it up as soon as he can I bet. I might just wait until friday myself. Might be better for my health that constantly checking on the computer for 2 days. smile.gif

Given the wrong release date? Oops, that's an issue as that FAQ has been posted all over the place, GamingReport, RPGNews, and a whole slew of other roleplaying sites, they're all reporting a PDF release of today. Aw well, these things happen, just have to wait another day.
Jrayjoker
What are we gonna do, anyway? Sue FanPro, mug Adam?
the_dunner
QUOTE (Adam)

Bah! You'll get plenty of sleep at gencon! spin.gif
Jrayjoker
So thats what you guys all do there. Sleep. Very refreshing.

By the way, nice tidbits on srrpg.com, thanks.
Spookymonster
QUOTE (Jrayjoker @ Aug 17 2005, 09:35 AM)

Well, we do know Adam's exact location for the next few days...
Slacker
QUOTE (Spookymonster)
QUOTE (Jrayjoker @ Aug 17 2005, 09:35 AM)

Well, we do know Adam's exact location for the next few days...

True, but those that can make it to GenCon aren't as concerned about when the .pdf is available, since they can get their hands on the hardcopy.
Nomad
I hate waiting...........
Slacker
Patience is a virtue... or so people keep telling me. smile.gif
Jrayjoker
Noone has ever accused me of being virtuous.
Sabosect
Patience may be a virtue, but I never heard of virtuous people getting the highest price for the paydata.
blakkie
QUOTE (Slacker)
Patience is a virtue... or so people keep telling me. smile.gif

Patience is only a virtue for those that have the time. cool.gif
Bandwidthoracle
Patience may be a virtue, but does anyone have any updates on when the book comes out?
Sabosect
Yeah. It comes out sometime between now and when SR5 is announced.
Bandwidthoracle
Well, last I heard Adam was going to be up all night. And that was twelve hours ago, and I'm kinda wondering if he passed out.
Sabosect
That would be funny... SR4 delayed because Adam passed out from a lack of sleep and spent all of today sleeping.
Spookymonster
He (Adam) indicated that the Wednesday release date was an error. The PDF will be released sometime tomorrow (Thursday, August 18, 2005).
Milo Simpkin
Gaah. Tomorrow? And here's me just back from work al fired up to buy the damn .pdf. <sighs> Still a little worrying if they can't get the date right on the official site. And even more so that having identified it's a mistake not bothering to correct it!
Jrayjoker
Well, Adam would be correcting the site as well. Which would you rather have him work on, the PDF, or updating the site?

biggrin.gif
Slacker
QUOTE (Adam's First Post)
Well, for starters, you're all a whole day early ... Thursday, people, Thursday... 

QUOTE (Adam's post after people said the FAQ listed Wednesday for pdf release)

This to me indicates that he incorrectly thought he had more time, and when he realize the mistake he was going to try staying up all night to get it out sometime today.
Darkness
Go, go Adam go!
Jrayjoker
Hook up the IV caffiene drip.
Kagetenshi
The evidence points very strongly towards today being the correct PDF release date.

Whether or not we will always have been at war with Eurasia is still in question.

~J
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
The evidence points very strongly towards today being the correct PDF release date.

Whether or not we will always have been at war with Eurasia is still in question.

~J

I want sources, references, and a specific time if you please. wink.gif
Jrayjoker
About the war that is...
Dashifen
QUOTE (Darkness)
Go, go Adam go!

Seconded. We love you man!!
Zen Shooter01
AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGH mad.gif
mintcar
I want sources, references, and a specific time if you please.

Sources? All sources. References? All references? Time? Always. Big Brother sees you. You are threading close to thoughtcrime. War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength.
Bandwidthoracle
Well me an my group our having our release party. Halo and Magic until we hear something. We're ready to SR4
Blacken
Who's doing the midnight wait thing?!

(You crazy bastids.)
Bandwidthoracle
QUOTE (Blacken)
Who's doing the midnight wait thing?!

(You crazy bastids.)

What time zone?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012