Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mintcar´s SR4 record sheet
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
mintcar
I have now finnished my SR4 record sheet. It has one front page and two different back pages, one for mundanes and one for awakened characters. My goal was to keep a simple, functional layout and tweak some things that I found lacking in the official record sheet. And off course to make it in the style that I would have wanted.

It´s made with Adobe Illustrator. These samples are regular .gif images. I can make separate .pdf´s of the originals, but I don´t know how to merge them into one file. There´s actually not much left but to find someone to host the files so that you can get them.

Enjoy. cool.gif

Front page

Awakened

Mundane

(If you find any errors, please tell me and I will correct them)

Dashifen has been kind enough to compile two nice pdf´s for me, and he is now hosting them for download. Be my guest.

This is Dashifen´s site. Check it out it´s very pretty.

Download Mundane Record Sheet

Download Awakened Record Sheet

(added these links to sig as suggested by blakkie)
Nomad
Ummmmm......it didn't display for me
Darkness
Neither for me.
mintcar
try now
Darkness
Nope. Still seems broken for me.
mintcar
damn it! It should work. try again smile.gif

There´s like one person a second watching this page. Could someone tell me if it´s still broken now?
littlesean
still broken
mintcar
aargh. What could it be? I cant find anything wrong. It works for me frown.gif
Darkness
It's still broken for me. Even tried different browsers. If it isn't broken for someone else i would at least know, that the problem is somewhere in my side.

/Edit: It tells me [bla bla bla image] couldn't be displayed, because the image contains errors.
mintcar
tried another host. say it works now
Darkness
No. There seems to be something wrong with the image itself. Perhaps you should save it again with a different quality factor (as it is a .jpg), or something similar.

/Edit: Still getting the same error as above. Does it work for someone else?
Dashifen
Nope. What did you use to make the image?
mintcar
I did what you said. now I need another confirmation.
Toa
Still nothing, even with forced reload.
Darkness
Same here.
SL James
Works for me.
mintcar
K. Now I exported the file as a straight windows bmp (using mac) loaded into photoshop and saved as gif using the "save for webb" option. If it doesnt work now it never will.
Darkness
Now it does work for me also.
Sabosect
I like what I see so far.
Darkness
Indeed. Nice Layout. Looks very good.
Ellery
Nice. Better than the published one, IMO, at least in black and white. It looks at least as good and feels more like SR to me for reasons that are difficult to articulate.
SL James
Ellery: It's not puke green.
Sabosect
Neither is the other; it's more of a mixture of neon and snot.
Nomad
I agree, this looks really good. In fact, it looks as good as Wordman's sheets for SR3
mintcar
Thanks, I´m glad you like it. It´s past 2 a.m here so I´m gonna finnish the rest tomorrow.
Toa
I'm always fond of black/white character wheets with no grey-scales, since my printer can easily handle them. biggrin.gif

Some points, in no particular order, as I'm looking over the sheet:
- You could make the interior lines of the description box somewhat thinner, to make it seem more like a closed box.
- I'd make armor a small separate list, since people tend to different combinations.
- The S-Logo might look better if it were more vertically centered on the black space.

So far I really like it. Looking forward to the back pages. wink.gif
Dashifen
very nice look. when you have it done, I'd be willing to host it permanently for you if you need me to. Drop me a PM and we can chat if you need to.
Spookymonster
If you have OpenOffice v2, you can import the graphic and create a form with text fields, then save it as a PDF. When you open it in Adobe Reader, viola!, you've got a PDF form that you can update and print. The only downside with a PDF form is that you can't save it (you can, however, send it to another PDF printer, thus creating a read-only copy of your filled-out character sheet, but that's another story entirely).
Dashifen
i was thinking that myself
mintcar
OpenOffice 2. Has that been released?
fistandantilus4.0
hehe, sorry, reading the first part of the thread, reminded me of a calmer version of the garbage compactor scene in Star Wars.
mintcar
Hm... hehe. It does biggrin.gif
mintcar
Toa said:
Some points, in no particular order, as I'm looking over the sheet:
- You could make the interior lines of the description box somewhat thinner, to make it seem more like a closed box.
- I'd make armor a small separate list, since people tend to different combinations.
- The S-Logo might look better if it were more vertically centered on the black space.

I wont bother with the lines, because they´re not lines they´re strokes of rectangles. Just seems like unnecessary work getting the right lines to appear thinner.

Different armor will have a listing on the back. The Armor Value has a space on the Condition Monitor because you will have to know it every time you take damage. Also, it seems rational to have someplace to put you´re total value if you can still layer armor. Look at it like the thing you write on the front page is the Armor Rating of your character, and the thing you write on the back side is the armor gear-up itself.

I´m going to allign the logo.
Toa
QUOTE (mintcar)
Different armor will have a listing on the back.

Didn't know that. In that case, it's good to have a place for the "most common" armor value up front, you're right. smile.gif
blakkie
QUOTE (Ellery)
Nice. Better than the published one, IMO, at least in black and white. It looks at least as good and feels more like SR to me for reasons that are difficult to articulate.

Perhaps the lack those crazy, heavy, zagging arrows cluttering up the damage monitor boxes?
mintcar
That alone would have necessitated making this record sheet.
mintcar
DEVELOPEMENT. See the first post for the second page.
Darkness
Nice one, but:
IIRC it's spelled "Handling" not Handeling.
mintcar
Thank you. I appreciate if you point out any mistakes I might have made.
Rotbart van Dainig
Looks impressive - especially the version with the centered Logo.

One question, though - is the original pixel- or vector-based?

In any case, CuteWriter is able to produce .pdf directly by mimicking a printer.
mintcar
Answer to this is in the edited first post.
Rotbart van Dainig
Thxalot - composition as one .pdf would require Adobe Acrobat though, indeed... would it be an option to release the vector versions for someone to compile?

BTW... does the position of the Logo on the front page intentionally differ from the position on both back pages?
mintcar
BTW... does the position of the Logo on the front page intentionally differ from the position on both back pages?

No it does not. I re-placed it on each separate page using eye-measurment. I guess I´ll have to correct it before publishing a pdf. (Although I do think it may be an optical illusion due to the size difference of the black areas behind the logo, which I can´t fix because it would screw up the whole layout... scratch that, I´m gonna try and fix it.)

In answer to the question about making the originals available.. I´m gonna have to think about that. smile.gif (I can see that it would benefit a lot of people, and I won´t suffer for it. Sort of Open Source and I like it. It just goes against some art-class conditioning I´ve had wink.gif)
mintcar
I´ve checked the placement of the logo on the first page, and made some changes. It still looks as if it´s placed differently, but that´s unavoidable because the layout is different from the two other pages. Believe it or not, both the logo and the black space are now as close to being equal between the pages as they can be.
blakkie
So you still need web space? If so fire it off to: send_junk_to_me_now(at)hotmail.com
mintcar
Not anymore. The pdf´s are now available for download. Links are in the first post.
icharbezol
It's not too bad, but the gear/notes section is pretty small. Maybe a 4 page version would be able to remedy that later. I myself prefer a sheet that is a little less monochromatic and while I don't really like the official sheet's particular shade I like the color approach better. Maybe some kind of neon blue or something. Thanks for your efforts, mintcar; other than those minor notes I've made I think they look great.
mintcar
You wont be seing any color, because I have a black and white laser printer. smile.gif But more than that this is the way I like it.
Nerbert
Excellent work mintcar. It is both aesthetic and functional.
Shadow_Prophet
Only thing i see that may be a problem as is with the official sheet the spirit table and the power table are also for deckers. Sprites and complex forms. But I'm not sure how much that would play in? Just a thought as i was looking at it just now that jumped out at me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012