Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LE no longer available for order
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
McShane
Just noticed the Limted Edition SR4 BBB is no longer available for order (pre- or otherwise) from Battlecorps. What does that mean? Is it a plot by the immortal elves/dwarves/invae to rob us of our spiffy books? Or does it mean something even more sinister - that they are shipping the ones ordered already and have enough orders that there will be no more for sale?
Ancient History
Who cares? I already ordered mine. When it gets here, I'll be happier than a swine in shite.
Bull
They had a limited number of copies available. Chances are it means they sold out.

Bull
Eddie Furious
QUOTE (Bull)
They had a limited number of copies available. Chances are it means they sold out.

Bull

Colour me a very satisfied amber (for the scotch I drink, I suppose) that I got my order in for the LE when I did!
Dingus_McGee
For once, the Impulse Buy pays off. Huzzah!
The Canterbury Tail
Well they've charged me for mine, so hopefully I'll get one.
mintcar
My instincts served me right this time smile.gif

So it sold out in less than a week. Regular people didnīt have a chance, how could they get their order in before an entire message board of lunatics who check the page several times a day? grinbig.gif
Athenor
Actually?

Given the lunatics here on Dumpshock, and the ppl at GenCon, I'm surprised I managed to place my order last night (after my attempt to get one remotely at GC fell through).

I've got a few backup options of Battlecorps oversold, however.
Nikoli
Well, my FLGS better come through, I placed my order a few weeks ago, I already paid (required for a pre-order)
CrystalBlue
O.O

Now...what happens when you've pre-ordered your books on a site other then Battlecorps? This can not bode well...
CrystalBlue
And what does FLGS and BBB stand for? ;_;
Grinder
Friendly Local Gaming Store

Big Black Book = the main rulebook
CrystalBlue
Thank you for the clarification. ^.^

Now...did anyone pre-order with anyone other than Battlecorps?
Nikoli
Yup. Dr. No's in Marietta, a few weeks ago.
I'm hoping to become their Fanpro SR4 Commando, but I need my book so i can grok it ASAP and write my 4th ed module.
tisoz
QUOTE (CrystalBlue @ Aug 23 2005, 08:17 AM)
And what does FLGS and BBB stand for?  ;_;

And you call yourself a hardcore gamer! wink.gif

(That little wink thing means I am kidding. I just couldn't resist after you came across like a gaming veteran when giving me hell. smile.gif) (And the last smiley means I still am not angry.) (Damn, see how much I'm trying to change my image. wink.gif)

QUOTE (CrystalBlue)
Now...did anyone pre-order with anyone other than Battlecorps?

Yes, at a couple of places online and at a couple FLGSs. Are you really not that resourceful or what? wink.gif
CrystalBlue
I preordered on a site. FRP Games. I hope that wasn't a bad thing...they took my money, so I know I'll get my books...I hope... frown.gif
tisoz
QUOTE (CrystalBlue @ Aug 23 2005, 08:29 AM)
I preordered on a site.  FRP Games.  I hope that wasn't a bad thing...they took my money, so I know I'll get my books...I hope... frown.gif

I'm not familiar with them. I know I have paid for SR stuff from other than FASA/FanPro and never gotten it, like a subscription to Shadowland magazine at the time they quit publishing it. I never got a refund either. I did get smoke blown up my ass, so that was an odd experience.
Shinobi Killfist
every time I see this thread title I think Lawful Evil is no longer available for order?? Oh yeah limited edition. LE = lawful evil is so ingrained in my system from growing up with D&D that I just can't shake it.
tisoz
AR - Assault Rifle
hahnsoo
QUOTE (tisoz)
AR - Assault Rifle

Or Augmented Reality, now.
Kaosaur
QUOTE (CrystalBlue)
I preordered on a site. FRP Games. I hope that wasn't a bad thing...they took my money, so I know I'll get my books...I hope... frown.gif

I did the same.

Here's hoping we get ours.

I used my credit card as opposed to paypal though...just to give me some recourse in case they try to scoot with my money.

I ordered System Failure from them too....no word on either yet.
6thDragon
I ordered mine from Amazon a couple days ago. I hope it comes through. They are already saying expected delivery date after 20 Sept, but I don't think they charge the credit card until it ships.
bit_buckethead
QUOTE (CrystalBlue)
I preordered on a site.  FRP Games.  I hope that wasn't a bad thing...they took my money, so I know I'll get my books...I hope... frown.gif

I have had several dealings with FRP. They are a great company and have always be timely with books in my experience. Hope this eases some fears.
Eddie Furious
I'm not too worried about it. I got a confirmation e-mail from a fellow at BattleShop named Troy Garner (while he was at GenCon, no less!) indicating I'll get my book hot off the presses.

If that doesn't work, I've got purchaser protection, which I doubt I'll have need of.
Kesh
This is why I didn't bother ordering the LE version. Well, along with not wanting to spend $50 at the moment. wink.gif
mintcar
There were indications in another thread that a few pre-orders had been canceled (didnīt say were they had ordered). But Fan-pro canīt NOT get Battlecorps the amount of copies they were promised, or can they? I was assured by Battlecorps that they have a set number of copies reserved and that they have only accepted orders for those copies. So if you have placed an order with them, and you trust Fan-pro to at least keep their promises to distributors, or at least to distributors they themselves recommend on their homepage (the line has to go somewere right?), then you shouldnīt have to worry.
Adam
The BattleCorps guys have been very careful monitoring the number of copies sold to ensure that they don't over-sell. FanPro has promised them a set number of copies, and all of those are sold.

Stores should _not_ be selling the Limited Edition unless they pre-ordered them. The only stores that FanPro has partnered with are the BattleCorps Battleshop and Studio 2 Publishing -- and Studio 2 does currently have copies available at http://studio2publishing.com/shop/product_...d7bbc2e57ac4aaf
Wintermancer
QUOTE (Nikoli)
Yup.  Dr. No's in Marietta, a few weeks ago.
I'm hoping to become their Fanpro SR4 Commando, but I need my book so i can grok it ASAP and write my 4th ed module.

Hey Nikoli,

This is pretty ironic. I went into Dr. No's a few days ago asking if anyone else had preordered SR4 there, and they told me one other person had. It must of been you. I hang out down there a lot actually, and have been talking to them about going Commando for them as well. I have a hard time finding Shadowrun players in this area, so just wanted to shout out and let you know there's another one of us out here. Nice to meet ya. smile.gif

Wintermancer
mintcar
Thank you Adam. Now I only have to worry about the fickle nature of long distance shipping. Still your post makes me happy I didnīt rely on some less officially sanctioned european distributor for my LE.
Nikoli
Nifter winter. Would love to get a SR game going, once I have a chance to grok SR4 that is. PM me, maybe we can get something going.
the_dunner
QUOTE (Wintermancer)
and have been talking to them about going Commando for them as well.

In the name of all that's holy, if you do this, please don't wear the black utilikilt while you "go commando." nyahnyah.gif
bclements
...what they don't wear
under their kilts
Wintermancer
QUOTE (the_dunner)
QUOTE (Wintermancer @ Aug 23 2005, 04:28 PM)
and have been talking to them about going Commando for them as well.

In the name of all that's holy, if you do this, please don't wear the black utilikilt while you "go commando." nyahnyah.gif

Man, I sure am glad /someone/ picked up on my overt and deliberate phrasing there. I was beginning to wonder how slow you people were. wink.gif Heh!

Winter
Alvorn
Hey Adam, tell me the date at the bottom of the order page is just an estimate and we don't have to wait another whole month.
"This product will be in stock on Friday 30 September, 2005."
Halabis
Heh, I just moved out of Marrietta, used to go to Dr. No's all the time, never knew you went Nicoli. Congrats on the Wedding btw. wink.gif
Erebus
Not sure if its been mentioned.. but Studio 2 still has LE pre-orders... Says they ship 9/30 though.
Bull
QUOTE (Erebus)
Not sure if its been mentioned.. but Studio 2 still has LE pre-orders... Says they ship 9/30 though.

Actually, when you order, it says it will ship in 3-5 business days.

<shurg> I'll double check my order shortly.

Bull
Bull
Doesn;t really say anything specific about shipping dates. *shrug*

Bull
Ottergame
One thing I don't like about that Studio2 site... sometimes when you go to the page, you'll be logged into someone elses account.

I went, and was logged into a Cain Chandler's account, from Alberta Canada. Cost him $17 to ship a $50 book to Canada, heh.
Darkness
That's because the links on srrpg.com contain critical security information, allowing users to steal the session of someone logged in. I informed Adam already via PM, but if someone who knows other means of contacting him, would inform him to change the links as i have stated in my PM that won't happen anymore.
tirsales
QUOTE ("Darkness")
I informed Adam already via PM

I don't know how many PMs about www.srrpg.com and the above link the poor guy has got wink.gif
I wrote him one too smile.gif
Darkness
QUOTE (tirsales)
QUOTE ("Darkness")
I informed Adam already via PM

I don't know how many PMs about www.srrpg.com and the above link the poor guy has got wink.gif
I wrote him one too smile.gif

rotfl.gif Let's hope he doesn't mind, then. biggrin.gif
BTW. The links are fixed now.
Adam
No, I totally appreciate it -- and I'm going to have a chat with the S2 guys to see if that problem can be fixed permanently.
blakkie
QUOTE (Ottergame)
One thing I don't like about that Studio2 site... sometimes when you go to the page, you'll be logged into someone elses account.

I went, and was logged into a Cain Chandler's account, from Alberta Canada. Cost him $17 to ship a $50 book to Canada, heh.

Either that is a higher priority method, or Battlecorp just has cheaper shipping, because they were only going to charge me $8 for the cheaper of two shipping options.

I figured screw that though, i'm pretty sure i'd end up paying extra duty and stuff too. So if my LE pre-order through the FLGS comes then good. Otherwise i can live without. If the art on the standard books somehow really got to me, in a bad way, i can just tape plain brown wrapping paper over it. But frankly judging from the images so far i've seen much fuglier.
flowswithdrek
I asked my normal retailer to order me a copy of the LE a few weeks ago and i got this reply today, must admit im a bit disapointed. frown.gif Looks like they are being used as bargining chips now.

Apparently, I can only get one (1) Limited edition if I order 12 of the
regular one, and then it would be sent to me from Fan Pro.
Let me know if you want to cancel having the regular one. I am
disappointed I couldn't do better on that.
Bull
That has to do with the distributors, I believe. This is usually pretty standard for Limited Editions of both gaming books and comics as well. Order X of the regular to get 1 of the Limited. This way the distributor can guarantee sales of the regular vs the limited, and can spread the limiteds around a little bit. AFAIK, this is entirely out of FanPro and Studio2's hands, and in the hands of distributors like Alliance.

Bull
flowswithdrek
Damn capitalism nuyen.gif . Just a shame i shop at small store that cant carry that much stock. ahh well as long as i get my hand on a rule book all will be forgiven.
Sijal
Talked to my friend who runs the local store and convention here in town.. he coulden't get ahold of a LE unless he bought 36 regular copies.

He ordered 4.

I bought my LE from Studio 2, and have been charged for it, so hopefully I'll get it.
RunnerPaul
So, anyone know what the timetable for when Battlecorps and Studio2 will be getting their limited editions so they can start shipping them out? I put in my order with Battlecorps, and other than one email from them saying it'll ship when they get it, I haven't heard anything else from them. Even emailed them asking for an update, but they haven't answered.
Adam
Paul: Not sure. Probably won't be at least for a week or two, though, but that's totally a guess.

Also, I'd like to point out that stores were not suddenly told that they needed to order a certain number of copies of the regular edition in order to obtain the Limited Edition -- they were first told this news back in late March/early April. The Limited Editions were rewards for stores being on the ball early.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012