Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: changes, changes, changes
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
6thDragon
I'm just glad there are no d20s, levels, random starting attributes. Otherwise what change do you feel was the most needed. I'd have to say the damage, they appear to have changed many of the broken aspects of the previous edditions. Now a knife will usually do more damage than a fist. And not all samis, gangers, and gun-bunnies will be unlikely geniuses in order to max out the inititive.
Rolemodel
Skill caps. Thankgod they're finally here.

-RM
Bandwidthoracle
I had to do other. The fact that magic was toned down was really the largest cool thing
nezumi
I said the wireless matrix, but more because I like the turn ALL the technology has taken. It's gotten more prevalent, which is a fun change, and easier for average people to use.
Sabosect
Magic. They finally cleaned it up and reduced the clutter. Power-wise, I would say it's about the same as before.
Morphling The Pretender
QUOTE (Rolemodel)
Skill caps. Thankgod they're finally here.

-RM

For those of us still in the dark (and desperately curious), can you elaborate?
blakkie
QUOTE (Morphling The Pretender)
QUOTE (Rolemodel @ Aug 24 2005, 12:50 PM)
Skill caps.  Thankgod they're finally here.

-RM

Never, EVER invite a vampire into your home.
Morphling The Pretender
QUOTE (blakkie)
QUOTE (Morphling The Pretender @ Aug 24 2005, 11:57 AM)

-RM

NOW you tell me.
blakkie
QUOTE (Morphling The Pretender @ Aug 24 2005, 12:03 PM)
QUOTE (blakkie)

-RM

NOW you tell me.

Just look around the threads here, starting in the "So far" polling thread. You'll find more of his words, and replies to same, than i reckon you'll want to read.
Sabosect
QUOTE (blakkie)
QUOTE (Morphling The Pretender @ Aug 24 2005, 12:03 PM)
QUOTE (blakkie)

-RM

NOW you tell me.

Just look around the threads here, starting in the "So far" polling thread. You'll find more of his words, and replies to same, than i reckon you'll want to read.

Just dodge the 7 page (I think it was that long) flamewar in one topic from a few days ago that he and I got involved in. I think the most worthy reading of it comes when everyone else finally gets annoyed with it.
bit_buckethead
I answered other because I like the concept of armor penetration the best.
mintcar
I would say all if I could. But right now it feels like loosing the dice pools will rather unlikely be one of the absolutely biggest improvements. The pools were a aspect of the game that I hade a hate/love relationship with. I loved them because they were awsome and I couldnīt imagine the game without them. I hated them because nothing was so hard to implement and so open to interpretation as them. One of the longest and most heated discussions Iīve been in here on DS was about them. "When can you use them and when can you not." Im eternaly grateful not to have to answer that question anymore.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012