Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR4 PDF for sale Now!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Vairdic
We're live.

PDF: $25.00 - http://battlecorps.com/catalog/product_inf...roducts_id=1617
PDF/Book Combo: $54.99 - http://battlecorps.com/catalog/product_inf...roducts_id=1618
Marc Hameleers
Great...just now i have arrived at work smile.gif

Oh well, I 'll know what i'll b e doing this afternoon!!

Good that it is there!
Milo Simpkin
Yay. And I have 2 hours before I head to work. Well. DLing it now, so I can have a skim at least smile.gif
Ranneko
Excellent!

EDIT: It crashes Preview =(, but acrobat reader on my PC seems to work.
Abschalten
Alright, so I ordered the combo, how the hell do I download the PDF? Am I missing something? frown.gif
tirsales
JABADABADUUUU!

Finally!

@Adam&Devs: THANKS
Cyberon
Ohh noooo.. 17 hours and counting... Maybe leave work early.. Maybe they won't miss me....
Vairdic
QUOTE (Abschalten)
Alright, so I ordered the combo, how the hell do I download the PDF? Am I missing something? frown.gif

Check your email, I found the problem and fixed it so it won't be repeated. We'll get you the PDF ASAP.
Darkness
Yeeeeehhaaaaaaa!!!
tirsales
BTW: The pdf has 53 MB, 54184 KB to be exact.
The DL is zip-compressed with 44036 KB.

Approximation with 8KB/s: 1.53h
Approximation with 125KB/s: 5.87min
Approximation with 750KB/s: 0.98min (I *like* DSL6000)

But my printer ... my poor printer ...
Skywatcher
Thanks to all the SR4 Dev'Team !
Abschalten
Ah, poo. I got hit with some little glitch. Oh well, it's paid for, and I'll have it soon. Thanks a bunch, SR4 Team. It's much appreciated.
Oracle
That's around 2 hours of downloading for me. And the earliest time I can start is 2:30 PM GMT due to work. frown.gif
Dustbin1_UK
biggrin.gif WELL SLAP MY CHEESE SLAB AND COOK ME A LENTIL AND ARMADILLO SOUP!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif WOOOOOPPEEEEE!!!!!! biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif Well done to the DEV team and all others involved. You have just made my day, week, month, year... etc. biggrin.gif

Jürgen Hubert
Hmmm...

No. I have far too much work during the next three weeks, and after that it should be easy enough to get the print version...
rabauke
Just grabbed the pdf and it looks nice (and my first post here). smile.gif

One thing that came up though (that is noteworthy) is that my Acrobat 6 full version seemed to crash (or at least really really take its time opening) with the pdf, Adobe Acrobat Reader 7 works flawlessly though. so if you have an old version of Acrobat and run into problems you may want to get the latest release of Acrobat Reader.
The Canterbury Tail
Yay I have it, shame I'm at work.
Elve
Grrml Bought the book...

Paypal had an error and I couldnt return to the site...
So monery is payed.. But Battlecorps says nothing is bought... frown.gif
The Canterbury Tail
Wow, Acrobat 6 really throws a hissy fit with this, Page 4 is very tempramental. Upgrading to Acrobat 7 clears it up nicely and allows it to work perfectly.
mintcar
My Machintosh Preview program decided to show it in black-and-white. Is that normal? That is without pictures. Never mind, Acrobat Reader 7 works it like a charm anyway.
Elve
Since it is 3am in Seattle it will take some time till I hear something from battlecorps...

Anybody any suggestions what to do?
Try to buy again and demand a refund for the first try?
Grinder
I won't buy again and hope you'll get a discount. Send them an email and wait for their reply, even if this takes some hours.

Oracle
He's right. Asking for a refund is probably much more difficult. Possibly Vairdic can help you. Viel Glück dabei! wink.gif
Triggerz
5:30 AM, working laaaaaaaaaaate on a paper, work around 9. I should have just went straight to bed to get a few hours of sleep, but hey! biggrin.gif It's finally here!!! eek.gif Sadly, Preview crashes on my computer too, but Adobe Readeer 7.0 works fine. I just read the adept powers and metamagics! Cool stuff!!! Really cool stuff!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Elve
Grml...

I have access to a printer now... And not when it's morning in Seattle...
The Canterbury Tail
QUOTE (Elve)
Since it is 3am in Seattle it will take some time till I hear something from battlecorps...

Anybody any suggestions what to do?
Try to buy again and demand a refund for the first try?

Check your PayPal account to see if the transaction has actually been processed, if not then you can try it again (or use a credit card).
Elve
it is paid...
Vestifex
Had the same Problem.
I´ll wait. You can´t expect somebody to be at work 02:30 am.
It is the first time I got Problems with PayPal. It showed an error report and crashed the browser window. As it tells me I have payed, it should also tell BC that I paid.
So it´s just to be patient and see what happens.
Cantello
QUOTE (Elve @ Aug 31 2005, 09:56 AM)
Grrml Bought the book...

Paypal had an error and I couldnt return to the site...
So monery is payed.. But Battlecorps says nothing is bought... :(

Same with me. PayPal shows it as paid but I cannot return to BattleCorps's page... :-(

I sent an email to BC, hope they can do something fast, waiting impatiently for the book! :-)
CrystalBlue
We should all make a "We love Adam" gift card! biggrin.gif And send him some flowers or something. And candy!
Ancient History
He'd probably be happier with a six-pack and a sandwich.
CrystalBlue
nyahnyah.gif It's the thought that counts...

And I don't condone drinking.
Bull
QUOTE (Ancient History)
He'd probably be happier with a six-pack and a sandwich.

6-pack of what? smile.gif Not sure whether or not he drinks beer. But a 6 pack of Red Bull would probably do him good.

And have you seen that boy? Give him more than one sandwich. he needs to eat! smile.gif
Jrayjoker
But sometimes a sandwich and a beer is the bestest ever!

Mmmmmmm, saaaaaandwich. lick.gif
Jrayjoker
Not sure if he drinks beer? What kind of Canadian would he be if he didn't, that is what I want to know.
Dustbin1_UK
biggrin.gif WAHHHHH!!! I HAVE IT!!!! And I'm at work, but I don't care! I think no work is going to be done today! HAHAHAH!!!! biggrin.gif

So far I am really impressed! It's shadowrun alright, but, new... and different... and smoother! The sample characters are amazing art work! cool.gif

I wonder if anyone will notice me printing on our colour lasor? sarcastic.gif twirl.gif rotate.gif wobble.gif spin.gif
Dashifen
Anyone else having trouble opening it in Acrobat 6.0? It's working fine for me in Acrobat 7.0 but not the earlier versions. Course, since 7.0's a free download from Adobe, it's not so bad.
Ellery
It doesn't work in Acrobat 6 as far as I can tell. In Acrobat 5, it sort of works, but with lots of stuff missing. I haven't tried Acrobat 4.

It doesn't even work all that well in Acrobat 7--page loads are quite slow, but not as horrifyingly slow as some of the previews. At least everything shows up, and if you're going to read it cover to...er, well, start to finish, the slowness won't affect you. If you like flipping around a lot, really fast, you'd better either have a very fast computer or print the thing out.

(I don't think Acrobat is designed for graphic art on every page, or if it is, the encoding tools aren't designed to efficiently place the art on every page so Acrobat can load it rapidly.)
Sir Randel
Well i have acrobat 6 & 7 and i don't have any problems with the pdf on both versions.
CrystalBlue
I don't like the slang...they've come back with the F word. Drek isn't on the list, either. Grrrr....damn the book. Frag and drek are staples of SR.
Kagetenshi
Preview makes the thing take an acid trip and a half, as others have noted.

It makes the cover actually look decent.

Hoo boy, this thing's going to take some fixing…

~J
Lord Ben
Is it just a .pdf I can download? Like I can read it both at home and at work? Or is it some funky other thing where I need to be connected to the internet and install odd software?
CrystalBlue
When you buy a PDF off the internet of a book like this, most times it will be water-marked with your name on it. This means that the file is yours to do with as you please, just like any other PDF. However, because it is watermarked (though I'm not seeing the watermark on mine), this discourages people from freely distributing it over the internet. Not that that kind of thing won't happen. It just makes it easier to trace backwards.
Fizzygoo
mmmm shiny shiny new electrons dancing like electrons new and shiny mmmmmm
Stormdrake
Seven hours till I get home and can buy this bad boy. Thanks again Adam for all the hard work.
ShadowGhost
Have you made sure your version of Acrobat (reader, professional, etc) is up to date? Acrobat 6.04 is the latest version for Mac.
Dustbin1_UK
don't like the slang...they've come back with the F word. Drek isn't on the list, either. Grrrr....damn the book. Frag and drek are staples of SR.

In my opinion I really found Drek and Frag annoying. We know what they are implying and kid's ain't as stupid as grownups think. nyahnyah.gif
OSUMacbeth
I too always found it a bit asinine and juvenile. It was a concession made to protect the kids who would likely buy shadowrun from the Big Bad Words. Besides, these things go in cycles. In another twenty years people will get tired of these "old" curse words, and Drek and Frag will be back again.

OSUMacbeth
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (ShadowGhost)
Have you made sure your version of Acrobat (reader, professional, etc) is up to date? Acrobat 6.04 is the latest version for Mac.

I took the unfortunate step of downloading Reader for the PDF. The day when I can delete it again is eagerly anticipated.

~J
Kesh
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Preview makes the thing take an acid trip and a half, as others have noted.

It makes the cover actually look decent.

Hoo boy, this thing's going to take some fixing…

~J

Preview does this on most Acrobat 7 files (and a few 6.0 files). It's a bug in the app itself, not the PDF.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012