Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Smartlink
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Shalimar
Did I miss something? Does smart link now allow vision enhancers, and the ability to work with 2 guns at once? I ask because, nothing was said that would disalow it, as far as I saw in the PDF. Granted it is nowhere near as good as before, only 2 extra dice instead of lower target numbers, but did I miss anything?
Rotbart van Dainig
Yup, it 's compatible - hurray.

Keep in mind, though, that using two weapons forces xou to split your dicepool, and take a penalty on the weak hand.
Blacken
Unless, of course, you take the exceedingly cheap Ambidexterity trait/Edge (call it what you want, it's a friggin' Edge, now gimme my Flaws back) at chargen. :-/
blakkie
You still have to split your pool between the two hands, so you need some r33t skills to hit anything worth hitting.
Shadow
Acutally you just need 6 in the att and 4 in the skill, that gives you 4 dice for both hands.. plus a smartlink thats 5 dice. Odds are you will roll a 5 on 5 dice.
Spookymonster
On a similar note, there is no longer any distinction between smartgoggles and cyberware smartlinks; they both offer identical modifiers.
hahnsoo
You can't use a Smartlink or Laser Sight when dual-wielding Pistols or SMGs and firing both in the same Simple Action. p141, 2nd column, bottom paragraph -
Two-gun attacks also negate any dice pool bonuses from smartlinks or laser sights
These penalties don't apply if you fire one gun in one Simple Action and another gun in the other Simple Action.
blakkie
QUOTE (Shadow)
Acutally you just need 6 in the att and 4 in the skill, that gives you 4 dice for both hands.. plus a smartlink thats 5 dice. Odds are you will roll a 5 on 5 dice.

Great, so you'll be able to shoot a fence post 9 times out of 10. If only the opponents that you are normally going to be facing would be so kind as to stand as still as a fence post. cool.gif
Shadow
That is true, thos damn fence posts had it coming though!

To be serious though engagements often happen when one side isn't aware. And if someone is dodging they should be damn hard to hit anyways, wether your using one hand or 2.
hyb
Is there a place where it says you have to split your Dice Pool /evenly/ somewhere?
hahnsoo
QUOTE (hyb)
Is there a place where it says you have to split your Dice Pool /evenly/ somewhere?

No, you just split the dice among both attacks, as you see fit. No mention of even splitting, but in most situations, you'll want to do that to get the most "bang for your buck" so to speak.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012