IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

29 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [OOC] Earth's Dawn, [Closed Game] Oh... the HORROR!
Sphynx
post Jan 7 2005, 09:21 AM
Post #1

Neophyte Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,437

This thread belongs to those of you invited to the game. Ask anything you want here. :)

IC THREAD
CHAR Thread

Sphynx
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gremish
post Jan 7 2005, 11:44 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,879

Can i get a cheese burger with my fries?

+Quote Post
Lindt
post Jan 7 2005, 03:04 PM
Post #3

Man In The Machine

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,105

I wanna pony!

+Quote Post
Tarantula
post Jan 7 2005, 03:09 PM
Post #4

Dragon

Member No.: 6,686

Awwwwww... man! I wanted a pony.... :mad:

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Jan 7 2005, 03:15 PM
Post #5

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

Where are the babes?

+Quote Post
HeySparky
post Jan 7 2005, 04:02 PM
Post #6

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 6,658

Anybody want a mountain dew?

+Quote Post
Tarantula
post Jan 7 2005, 04:03 PM
Post #7

Dragon

Where are the cheetos? Roll to see if I'm getting drunk... Are there any women... cause if there are I wanna DO them!

+Quote Post
Lindt
post Jan 7 2005, 04:36 PM
Post #8

Man In The Machine

boy, if this is a sign of things to come....

EDIT:
Little over a hundred rounds total should get him through

My entire gear list is actually under 50kg. Providing the 3 kits are all the normal weight (5kg each) I just checked. Damm do I ever pack light.

Edit: ROUNDS... yeah, whos having a dislexic day?

This post has been edited by Lindt: Jan 7 2005, 04:53 PM

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Jan 7 2005, 05:45 PM
Post #9

Ain Soph Aur

Member No.: 600

"It's no problem sir, I'll put together a team to investigate it, and we'll get there before anyone else."

HAH! IN YOUR FACES! I'M TEAM LEADER! WHO YOUR DADDY? WHO YOUR DADDY?

Ok, I'm done. :D
Besides, I figure it's more like an informal leadership, mostly democratic.

+Quote Post
HeySparky
post Jan 7 2005, 07:26 PM
Post #10

Neophyte Runner

Character added to the CHAR thread. Need to update gear/cyber still (and leave out the stuff I had to leave at home - SLEEL).

+Quote Post
Gremish
post Jan 7 2005, 09:24 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,879

i wanna throw some kudos to Spynx on the beginning posts personaly that was exactly how i was thinking of gremish and the
researching with grenades would not be nearly as effective, he thought with a grin
is my personal favorite =D

Nice job man
Ps Backgammon OH YEAH well i cna still kick ur ass so HA!

+Quote Post
Sandoval Smith
post Jan 8 2005, 07:58 PM
Post #12

Running Target

Member No.: 6,690

I'm putting this here, because I don't want to interrupt Sphynx's posting in the IC thread yet. (Unless it's okay to move it).

IC:
By the end of day 2, Jack seemed well on the way to working himself into a nervous breakdown. He was fine on the trip over, spending a good portion of it perfecting an elven identity (elves had always been easy for him, especially since he never really gained back all of the weight he starved off in Chicago). But then he started pacing like he wanted to wear a hole through the plane floor. It was Tir Na Nog you were all flying right into the middle of, one of the most magically permeated places on the planet. Jack's dislike for magic was well known. He couldn't see it, understand it, or touch it, and about the only time he experienced it was when it was being used against him. He only stopped moving when the Veil came within view, sitting down with a white knuckle grip on the armrest.

Coming in through Cork disguised as a cargo flight meant that you didn't have any of those pesky customs officials to worry about, and the Bison wasn't that hard to blend in with the rest of the heavy vehicles moving around the airport shipping hub. Stopping at the tavern allowed him to sample a good deal of different vocal patterns, and file a few particularly apt sounding ones away for later use. It also gave him a chance to observe local behavior and body language. Useful things to pick up on if he was going to be around for a while. He started feeling better. Tir Na Drekking Nog or not, that was the kind of thing he did, and did well.

Then the next day he almost dreked his pants hard enough to blow a hole in the wall behind him. The cave crawl wasn't so bad. Good exercise. The glow that started to permeate the air? A little weird, but all the magical types were okay with it. Then when they got to the actual anomaly itself... If you said the word, 'mana' then he was already struggling to keep up with the conversation. When people start tossing around phrases like, 'remarkably stable focused immensely powerful mana warp possessing undetermined terminus,' his brain made a good effort to implode in on itself.

He trusted that Ghostwalker had things under control, especially if he actually managed to not only obtain the land, but get permission to build a facility there, but he also trusted that no one else in the Tir had any idea what was really there. If word got out before the proper precautions were up, Ghostwalker owned or no, Tir forces would be lining up to see who got to ventilate their hoops first. Their first warning that the gig was up would probably come when the Reach Fuileach infiltrated the site and blew a hole in his chest big enough to throw a taliscat through.

Fortunately, the rest of the group were spared having to hear Jack's litany of bitchery, since he spent most of his time on the surface, looking like he was doing surveying for the propsed facility. During one of the times he popped down to speak with Dogma (the rock and the warp itself played havoc with radio communications) he observes the trouble that Sleel was having getting a drone through. "Have you tried attaching it to a power and fiber optics cable, and just throwing it through? That should prevent signal interference, and that'll get it to the other side."

When he returned to the surface, he double checked the two pistols he had concealed in his clothes, and the numerous clips he'd also stashed on his person. Just in case the Reach Fuileach were careless, and blew a merely kitten sized hole in his chest, he wanted the chance to shoot back before they finished the job. He must've picked up a few vibes from Gremish while he was down there, because he then proceeded to soundly curse out Big Boss for sending them out with only their standard operating gear. Not that a HMG would've been that much better. If the drek ended up hitting the fan, the Tir forces would be outgunning them so badly that they might as well be packing slingshots. Still, it would've made him _feel_ better.

Big White seemed to have an idea that this was coming, so why couldn't he have given them a little more warning before shipping them out? His chipset was still set up for Denver opperations, so he could play an Aztlaner well enough to fool a Jaguar guard's mother, but if he had to pull an emergency infiltration, things were going to be dicey.

+Quote Post
Tarantula
post Jan 9 2005, 03:23 AM
Post #13

Dragon

Quick question for Sphynx... Would Sleel have also brought his 2 "Little Bird" drones along with him on the plane? Considering they're the size of about a hummingbird, and all they can do is scout/observe, I'm pretty sure they'd fit.

+Quote Post
Sphynx
post Jan 9 2005, 09:24 AM
Post #14

Neophyte Runner

Everyone brought everything on their character sheet. Not-brought stuff was stuff I made-up that your character would have possibly had just so there was a feeling of leaving important things behind (like your Steel Lynx, not on your sheet, but in your story).

Sphynx

+Quote Post
Sandoval Smith
post Jan 9 2005, 10:50 AM
Post #15

Running Target

Member No.: 6,690

Ah, I've got it. I was interpreting the talk of 'one bag' and some of the other stuff going around to mean that not all of our stuff was brought along. I'll fix my post to show that. Is it okay if I move it to the IC thread?

+Quote Post
Sphynx
post Jan 9 2005, 11:34 AM
Post #16

Neophyte Runner

No IC posts until tomorrow. Today I finalize the 'intro', and tomorrow you can backtrack-roleplay your part in the scenario.

Sphynx

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Jan 10 2005, 05:17 PM
Post #17

Ain Soph Aur

Spynx, could you edit the first post of this thread and link to the IC and character threads? Maybe add a spoiler in the IC thread and link to this thread and char as well.

+Quote Post
Lindt
post Jan 10 2005, 05:53 PM
Post #18

Man In The Machine

make sure to turn off your .sigs people.

Soooo we are in hell... we are in hell and we are gonna die...

+Quote Post
Sphynx
post Jan 10 2005, 06:10 PM
Post #19

Neophyte Runner

Gremish.... What dragon? (I think you're seeing things not even the GM sees. :P)

+Quote Post
HeySparky
post Jan 10 2005, 06:18 PM
Post #20

Neophyte Runner

Well, there was a dragon inbound with elementals in tow. But that was in the skies over Tir na nOg.

This worm-demon isn't any dragon.

IC post on the way.

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Jan 10 2005, 06:40 PM
Post #21

Ain Soph Aur

Don't worry guys, as soon as I gather my wits about I'll roll my Etiquette 6 and the horrible nightmare demon from hell will certainly be made to see how much of a cool bunch we are and we'll all go for tea :D

+Quote Post
Lindt
post Jan 10 2005, 06:45 PM
Post #22

Man In The Machine

And I reiterate. We are SOO gonna die.

+Quote Post
HMHVV Hunter
post Jan 10 2005, 06:51 PM
Post #23

Running Target

Member No.: 2,840

I'll post IC later.

+Quote Post
HeySparky
post Jan 10 2005, 07:55 PM
Post #24

Neophyte Runner

IC post posted.

And yeah. We're so dead.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Jan 10 2005, 08:03 PM
Post #25

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

Wussies! :P

Posted.

And edited ... nice Sparky. :)

+Quote Post

29 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:26 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.