Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Earth's Dawn
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
Sphynx
This thread belongs to those of you invited to the game. Ask anything you want here. smile.gif

IC THREAD
CHAR Thread

Sphynx
Gremish
Can i get a cheese burger with my fries?
Lindt
I wanna pony!
Tarantula
Awwwwww... man! I wanted a pony.... mad.gif
Fortune
Where are the babes?
HeySparky
Anybody want a mountain dew?
Tarantula
Where are the cheetos? Roll to see if I'm getting drunk... Are there any women... cause if there are I wanna DO them!
Lindt
boy, if this is a sign of things to come....

EDIT:
Little over a hundred rounds total should get him through

My entire gear list is actually under 50kg. Providing the 3 kits are all the normal weight (5kg each) I just checked. Damm do I ever pack light.

Edit: ROUNDS... yeah, whos having a dislexic day?
Backgammon
"It's no problem sir, I'll put together a team to investigate it, and we'll get there before anyone else."

HAH! IN YOUR FACES! I'M TEAM LEADER! WHO YOUR DADDY? WHO YOUR DADDY?

Ok, I'm done. biggrin.gif
Besides, I figure it's more like an informal leadership, mostly democratic.
HeySparky
Character added to the CHAR thread. Need to update gear/cyber still (and leave out the stuff I had to leave at home - SLEEL).
Gremish
i wanna throw some kudos to Spynx on the beginning posts personaly that was exactly how i was thinking of gremish and the
researching with grenades would not be nearly as effective, he thought with a grin
is my personal favorite =D

Nice job man
Ps Backgammon OH YEAH well i cna still kick ur ass so HA!
Sandoval Smith
I'm putting this here, because I don't want to interrupt Sphynx's posting in the IC thread yet. (Unless it's okay to move it).

IC:
By the end of day 2, Jack seemed well on the way to working himself into a nervous breakdown. He was fine on the trip over, spending a good portion of it perfecting an elven identity (elves had always been easy for him, especially since he never really gained back all of the weight he starved off in Chicago). But then he started pacing like he wanted to wear a hole through the plane floor. It was Tir Na Nog you were all flying right into the middle of, one of the most magically permeated places on the planet. Jack's dislike for magic was well known. He couldn't see it, understand it, or touch it, and about the only time he experienced it was when it was being used against him. He only stopped moving when the Veil came within view, sitting down with a white knuckle grip on the armrest.

Coming in through Cork disguised as a cargo flight meant that you didn't have any of those pesky customs officials to worry about, and the Bison wasn't that hard to blend in with the rest of the heavy vehicles moving around the airport shipping hub. Stopping at the tavern allowed him to sample a good deal of different vocal patterns, and file a few particularly apt sounding ones away for later use. It also gave him a chance to observe local behavior and body language. Useful things to pick up on if he was going to be around for a while. He started feeling better. Tir Na Drekking Nog or not, that was the kind of thing he did, and did well.

Then the next day he almost dreked his pants hard enough to blow a hole in the wall behind him. The cave crawl wasn't so bad. Good exercise. The glow that started to permeate the air? A little weird, but all the magical types were okay with it. Then when they got to the actual anomaly itself... If you said the word, 'mana' then he was already struggling to keep up with the conversation. When people start tossing around phrases like, 'remarkably stable focused immensely powerful mana warp possessing undetermined terminus,' his brain made a good effort to implode in on itself.

He trusted that Ghostwalker had things under control, especially if he actually managed to not only obtain the land, but get permission to build a facility there, but he also trusted that no one else in the Tir had any idea what was really there. If word got out before the proper precautions were up, Ghostwalker owned or no, Tir forces would be lining up to see who got to ventilate their hoops first. Their first warning that the gig was up would probably come when the Reach Fuileach infiltrated the site and blew a hole in his chest big enough to throw a taliscat through.

Fortunately, the rest of the group were spared having to hear Jack's litany of bitchery, since he spent most of his time on the surface, looking like he was doing surveying for the propsed facility. During one of the times he popped down to speak with Dogma (the rock and the warp itself played havoc with radio communications) he observes the trouble that Sleel was having getting a drone through. "Have you tried attaching it to a power and fiber optics cable, and just throwing it through? That should prevent signal interference, and that'll get it to the other side."

When he returned to the surface, he double checked the two pistols he had concealed in his clothes, and the numerous clips he'd also stashed on his person. Just in case the Reach Fuileach were careless, and blew a merely kitten sized hole in his chest, he wanted the chance to shoot back before they finished the job. He must've picked up a few vibes from Gremish while he was down there, because he then proceeded to soundly curse out Big Boss for sending them out with only their standard operating gear. Not that a HMG would've been that much better. If the drek ended up hitting the fan, the Tir forces would be outgunning them so badly that they might as well be packing slingshots. Still, it would've made him _feel_ better.

Big White seemed to have an idea that this was coming, so why couldn't he have given them a little more warning before shipping them out? His chipset was still set up for Denver opperations, so he could play an Aztlaner well enough to fool a Jaguar guard's mother, but if he had to pull an emergency infiltration, things were going to be dicey.
Tarantula
Quick question for Sphynx... Would Sleel have also brought his 2 "Little Bird" drones along with him on the plane? Considering they're the size of about a hummingbird, and all they can do is scout/observe, I'm pretty sure they'd fit.
Sphynx
Everyone brought everything on their character sheet. Not-brought stuff was stuff I made-up that your character would have possibly had just so there was a feeling of leaving important things behind (like your Steel Lynx, not on your sheet, but in your story).

Sphynx
Sandoval Smith
Ah, I've got it. I was interpreting the talk of 'one bag' and some of the other stuff going around to mean that not all of our stuff was brought along. I'll fix my post to show that. Is it okay if I move it to the IC thread?
Sphynx
No IC posts until tomorrow. Today I finalize the 'intro', and tomorrow you can backtrack-roleplay your part in the scenario.

Sphynx
Backgammon
Spynx, could you edit the first post of this thread and link to the IC and character threads? Maybe add a spoiler in the IC thread and link to this thread and char as well.
Lindt
make sure to turn off your .sigs people.

Soooo we are in hell... we are in hell and we are gonna die...
Sphynx
Gremish.... What dragon? (I think you're seeing things not even the GM sees. nyahnyah.gif)
HeySparky
Well, there was a dragon inbound with elementals in tow. But that was in the skies over Tir na nOg.

This worm-demon isn't any dragon.

IC post on the way.
Backgammon
Don't worry guys, as soon as I gather my wits about I'll roll my Etiquette 6 and the horrible nightmare demon from hell will certainly be made to see how much of a cool bunch we are and we'll all go for tea biggrin.gif
Lindt
And I reiterate. We are SOO gonna die.
HMHVV Hunter
I'll post IC later.
HeySparky
IC post posted.

And yeah. We're so dead.

Fortune
Wussies! nyahnyah.gif

Posted.

And edited ... nice Sparky. smile.gif
Backgammon
and depending on what comes of Dogma's attempt at parley

AHHHH HAHAHAHAHHHAHAHA

I just had the mental image of Johnny Depp in the cave with all the pirates in Pirates of the Carribeans.... "Uhm, par-ley?" AHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif
Oh man, that was hilarious.

Since I'm a PBP n00b, I assume I shouldn't post again before everyone else has had a chance to say what they're doing?
Gremish
Posted.... Ah young grasshopper not strong of mind! We survive!

My bad on the Dragon i guess... i thought that when Drone man found out a Drag was inbound the "..." informing them of the danger, meant we knew it was incoming and since dragons arnt exactly THAT rare in the sixth world i assume we all know what a Drag is =P Woops on my part.
HeySparky
QUOTE (Backgammon)
Since I'm a PBP n00b, I assume I shouldn't post again before everyone else has had a chance to say what they're doing?

Typically, yeah, just so everyone can register an action. As the game progresses you'll get a feel for the way this group works. Sometimes, as with an exchage between an PC and an NPC the GM and a Player might have a long/rapid series of back-and-forth before it is storifically ™ relevant for others to post again. For now, I'd say start composing your post and see if a few hours brings responses from the rest of the team.

If you can't wait, go on and post. smile.gif I won't hold it against you. biggrin.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (Gremish @ Jan 11 2005, 07:59 AM)
My bad on the Dragon i guess... i thought that when Drone man found out a Drag was inbound the "..." informing them of the danger, meant we knew it was incoming and since dragons arnt exactly THAT rare in the sixth world i assume we all know what a Drag is =P  Woops on my part.

A dragon was incoming, and in fact it seemed to attack. At the same time, you (the character you) touched the warp, and things went weird. No more dragon and elementals, but hello demon pit fiend and zombies.

Hope that clears things up somewhat.

As to multiple posting ... In a game with 8 players plus the GM, the waiting time between acceptable posts varies greatly. It's best to keep track of who has and hasn't posted, or if a post from them would be relevant. With interaction between PCs, posting back and forth is good, but not usually done whenever combat or 'turn-based' events are happening ... such as now.

And guys, please go back and edit out the sigs from your posts in the IC thread. smile.gif
Sandoval Smith
You know what I'm really scared off? All the people who seem to be getting ready to whip out grenades. I just know that someone's going to botch a roll, and then it's chunky salsa time for everyone.

Of course, this being a target rich enviroment, even with grenades, you don't have to waste much time aiming. Just huck it into the middle of the zombies and let them suck on it. Just make sure middle of the zombies = far away from us. I'm going to be showing my fondness for surpressive fire.
Tarantula
At least mine are defensive grenades.
Fortune
HMHVV: Assensing is Intelligence with Aura Reading as a Complementary skill. wink.gif
Gremish
Yeah, i realize i touched the warp but at the same time i dont KNOW that the dragon is gone =P for all i know the prick came along for the ride.... yes Demons adn Zombies frighten me but.... GOD DOES A DRAGON MORE!

=) its all good though
Fortune
Wanting to post IC, but waiting for some of the quicker team members to act first.

*rolls Willpower TN 6 - 2, 8*

Phew, made it. biggrin.gif
HMHVV Hunter
Wha? Complementary skill?

What's that mean? I'm lost.
Tarantula
Means its kinda relevant, but not the main skill. Mechanics wise, you roll half the ranking of the complementary skill as well.

I.e. in the aura reading example....

Int: 6
Aura reading: 6

You roll 6 dice for intelligence, + half of aura reading. For a total of 9 dice.
Sphynx
Just a quick correction. You roll your Intelligence, then your Aura Reading, and for every 2 successes on your Aura Reading, you get another success on your Intelligence. Not a huge difference, but since you round down, it is a difference (page 97 of the core rule book Hunter)

Sphynx
Tarantula
Since you said 'everything' came with us through the jump... we have a Bison sitting with us as well?
Sphynx
Ack! Good call. No, there are no non-drone vehicles with you. nyahnyah.gif

Sphynx
Tarantula
Was gonna say, I think I have our escape plan... monster truck zombie madness.
Sandoval Smith
Don't point things out like that to the GM until it's too late to take them back. I'm saying that Jack had everything assembled into a single heftable pack so that he could get it wherever he needed to go while they were setting up. It's about sixty pounds worth of heavy, but you don't want to be trying to juggle three suitcases and a duffle bag while attempting a fighting retreat from the Reach Fuileach (hence why he also had SMG slotted. Not really time to change chips in a fight, and when trouble came calling, they probably weren't going to call ahead of time. Also, it'd make precious little sense to wander around with an SMG, and no SMG skill).
HMHVV Hunter
I looked up the rules, and it says that Active Skills could only support another active skill (in rare cases). I didn't see anything about Attributes.

Is this a house rule we're using then?
HMHVV Hunter
Oh, and is the GM making all the dice rolls for us?
Tarantula
QUOTE (Sphynx)
Ok, starting new threads today.  I'll be making 3 threads in total, an [IC] [OOC] and [CHAR] thread. 

IC posts should not begin until the 9th and should be formatted in such a manner:

InCharacter description of what the character is doing, and what he has done/thought/etc.  Do not hesitate to add your own character's view on the previous post. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Initiative (Not your roll, I roll the dice): 2d6+4
Offense: 7 dice (4 from unarmed, 3 from Combat pool)
Defense: 4 dice (4 from Combat Pool)

Weapon Damage: 4M
Ballaistic/Impact: 5/3

<or if not in a combat situation>

Etiquette: 4 dice
Resistance: 5 (Availability) <Could also be Open for Open Tests>

<or for a spell>

Casting Dice: 7 <5 from Sorcery, 2 from Spell Pool>
Drain Dice: 7 <4 from Willpower, 3 from Spell Pool>

<Etc, fewer calcs I have to do, the better my posts>

Description of what exactly I'm trying to do OOC.

CHAR thread should only have 1 post per person, ever. Put your character sheet there, and Edit it whenever you get Karma. There should be a seperator at the bottom of the sheet for what you've spent Karma on.

The OOC thread is for anything at all EXCEPT IC stuffs.

Most important thing to remember is that you should do your best at the bottom of the IC thread to make sure I don't have to go looking over your character sheet repeatedly to find out what you need to roll. I take a 30 minute break every day, purely for the purpose of writing the next part of the story, the more time I have for IC, the better the story. smile.gif

Sphynx

I'm pretty sure the answer is there.
Lindt
2 questions:
First, is there actually a snake eating Rebo?
Second, are these Shedim? (only because I said I was perceving, though I didnt make it clear what I was looking for)
Backgammon
That's not all that clear to me... We only state the number of dice we're using for any particular test, and Sphynx rolls?
HeySparky
My impression is that all but initiative is ours. I didn't make my rolls yet - wanted to see how the 'parley' came out. Poorly, I see.

Sphynx - what did scanning the ceiling for spots to grab hold yield? Anything? Rebo getting his face chewed off (or just moving towards Big Nasty against his will) is definitely grounds for Slinky to launch into her plan. So...
Sphynx
Rolling of Dice: My job, just say what you'd allocate.

Snake Eating Rebo: Astral Perception shows the imagery of the snake-headed monster. Those without the Perception see a worm-skull. There is no snake eating Rebo, but from the astral side, it did look like one of the Astral Snakes gulped Rebo for a split second.

Shedim: Does your character know what a Shedim is?

Ceiling: The ceiling looks like old style cave rock, and the flickering torchlight in the room makes it difficult to see what's what that high up.
Toptomcat
Sorry I couldn't get here earlier, a stomach flu knocked me on my butt.
Lindt
Aye, good point. but they ARE sprits. And thusly can be banished.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012