Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Earth's Dawn
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
Backgammon
Do we really hear birds (or what sounds like birds)?
Sphynx
Yes, birds. wink.gif
Backgammon
Well that ain't right
Tarantula
Too small for the drones??? The 'little bird' drones fit in your hand, if a person fits, they fit. Everything else except the Artys (as hernandos are parts now) are the size of a toy helicopter, so maybe 2/3mx1mx1/2m not much bigger than person if we're handing them through, and the artys being a mini-blimp aren't all that big either. (Well, you can deflate the balloon and reinflate it later)
Sphynx
It may be too small for a couple of drones, but you're a rigger. Means you can do cool things like gain enough speed, fold the rotos last-second, slide through; and unfold/fly by using Captain Chair mode. That's why Riggers are so cool. Show Dogma IC that he's wrong, don't tell him OOC. nyahnyah.gif
Fortune
Gypsy is currently sustaining 8 (eight!!!) spells! He wasn't actually volunteering to do recon as much as trying to get everyone moving so he can drop the spells. biggrin.gif
Fortune
Much obliged, Sparky. smile.gif
Sandoval Smith
I'd say you can probably drop the Oxygenate spells at this point. You kept everyone peachy while the dust was at it's worst, and hopefully we'll be getting out into the open soon. Everyone have their blankets handy?
Fortune
Does everyone even have blankets? eek.gif

Sphynx said that the breeze from the opening is keeping the dust circulating. That's why Gypsy kept/is keeping the spells up. He'll be dropping the one on Jack when he reaches the surface though. nyahnyah.gif

Oh, and you might want to change it to Sleel's drones. wink.gif
Backgammon
Toy helicopters? Don't these things have machine guns and stuff? I'm pretty sure you need at least a 1 meter by 1 meter frame or something.

Fortune, thats waht you get for nodding at me. Next time try to be more explicit grinbig.gif wink.gif
Fortune
Gypsy didn't nod ... he just eyeballed you and then waited for someone else to act. nyahnyah.gif biggrin.gif
Tarantula
Back, no, you don't, a toaster sized drone can get a machinegun mounted on it. Sure, its basically an ammobox on wheels, but you can do it.
HeySparky
First - Sphynx - Weeehooo! The bow!

Second - Slinky doesn't covet the bow - Sparky does, er, I do. And since I'm calling the shots poor Slink is dragged along to indulge my ghoulishness.

Now, let's see if she and Tevos can dig up James and Grem.
Lindt
biggrin.gif Heheh. Yay for spiritual construction crews.
Sphynx
We're running 1 day behind schedule, so I'll post a new thread on Tuesday for part-1 of the story. Be prepared for many surprises, and of course, a familiar face. By the time you read this, I'll hopefully have Karma Rewards posted on the CHAR thread.

Sphynx
Fortune
Sphynx: I haven't said anything before, but remember that I'm in a different time zone (+10 GMT). Since you last gave Karma, my post times and dates according to me are ...

February 15th (9:24 PM)
February 16th (3:44 PM)
February 16th (8:35 PM)
February 17th (8:19 PM)
February 18th (11:53 AM)
February 19th (12:43 PM)
February 20th (8:24 PM).

Seems to me that is more than 5 days. Even though it's only one Karma (each time), I don't really think it's fair to penalize me because I am not in your time zone.
Sphynx
Absolutely right you are, I forgot to look on weekend dates (I counted Monday to Friday). However, I said 5 posts a week was 2 karma, and so it is. nyahnyah.gif My mistake.
Fortune
See my PM.
Backgammon
The group postulates that this is Ghostwalker in the past and Dogma puts the kibosh on that line of reasoning.

I'm not certain if you're saying you think I don't think it's Ghostie or if you think I'm confirming it's Ghostie... My post wasn't super clear, so to clarify I also think it's Ghostwalker. It's just that I don't really care if it is or not. Just clarifying quickly ooc.
HeySparky
My comment was really just to acknowledge Dogma's talking without quoting him. Faster for me, and I need shortcuts. I understood what you were saying.
Sphynx
IC : Wyrm Food has begun. nyahnyah.gif
Fortune
Sparky posted while I was writing, which resulted in massive editing on my part. nyahnyah.gif biggrin.gif
HeySparky
Causality's bitch.

Nice.
HMHVV Hunter
Yeah, I liked that line too nyahnyah.gif
Fortune
As far as I know, more than 1 Trauma Patch is just a waste. They also need to be placed directly over the heart ... I'm not sure if they have any effect when used anywhere else.

As to the linked medkits, it could work. I'd use Gypsy's as the base one though.
Lindt
Actually if we are all using Sav. Adv. kits they do a lot of it on their own. Nice to know they have a much better biotech skill then I do.
Fortune
Very cool Sphynx.

At least I don't have to worry (I hope) about Gypsy passing out before he finishes sustaining the spell. Go Trauma Damper! biggrin.gif
Sandoval Smith
I rather hope that the next post from Sphynx does not include the line, "And then... Gypsy ASPLODE!!" Let's just hope that Jack's efforts to keep Gypsy from getting all the lifey goodness sucked out of him does then lead to the alternative scenario, "And then dragon go ka-boom."
Fortune
I was rather hoping you wouldn't do that. Oh well ... biggrin.gif

Sphynx: Gypsy will try to maintain concentration on the spell until its effects are finalized (if necessary). He doesn't need contact to sustain the spell, merely to cast it in the first place.
Sandoval Smith
I thought about it, but from Jack's prespective, your hair is going white, and you're starting to bleed from your facial orifices. As I've frequently said, he doesn't know a lot about magic, and what's happening to Gypsy looks like one of those REALLY bad things (actually, if he could see astrally, he'd believe that even more, so). Quarterback sack seemed his most probable course of action.
Fortune
Oh, don't get me wrong. It was totally in-character, and I am not upset about it. smile.gif
HeySparky
Sphynx - did you get my PM? Any comment?
Sandoval Smith
I just want to make sure that I'm clear on what was happening. What I thought was happening was that what Gypsy was experiencing wasn't just drain (which Jack has seen to varying degrees), but that the dragon was actually sucking the life out of him through the magical conduit. If that isn't what's happening, well then Jack will still think so, but I'll be clear on it.
Sphynx
QUOTE (ES_Sparky)
Sphynx - did you get my PM? Any comment?

Yes, got it, and I think it's great, better than I could do. smile.gif
Lindt
Heheh. As a Gm you never get sick of that line. Its just so... rewarding.

And on another note. Dont let the dragon eat me. Please?

Do I still have services left on those spirits?
Sphynx
Heh, figures. I picked out Lindt for being my weakest poster and he posts first. nyahnyah.gif

Gypsy, in case you're wondering how much drain you took for the heal spell, take 9 boxes, multiply it by itself, and then divide by 9. wink.gif

Sphynx
Lindt
And here I thought it was because I made the title comment... sarcastic.gif
Backgammon
Dammit, I knew this wasn't a good idea! Dragons is sooo stoopid.

And Sphynx, it's "Hors d'oeuvre"
Lindt
*internal monolog* I dont taste good with katsup! Im NOT crunchy!!

So this is gonna suck isnt it...

*edit* what was that line? Dont shoot him with that, youll just make him mad?
Fortune
I wonder what Gypsy tastes like? eek.gif
Fortune
Slight edit ... I'm not as tired now. smile.gif

If this is Ghostwalker, I'm thinking someone should be using his 4th World name, Icewing. We should know it, either though association, of from the assorted info on Gypsy's chip.
Sandoval Smith
I was looking for that. I knew we should know, since it was on the data that got passed around, but for the life of me I couldn't remember what that was (or where to find Dragons of the Sixth World). So, if nobody minds, I'm going to edit my post and bit (that and his name was Elliot, not William. That's what happens when I keep all my character sheets in the same file).
Fortune
Might as well be Jack, since Dogma seems to be too busy sucking up. nyahnyah.gif wink.gif
Sandoval Smith
Well, given that Jack has a Wisdom (I think that's what Sphynx meant) roughly akin to that of buttered toast, he does exactly what the voice in his head tells him too. (edit: okay, I double-checked, and his wisdom isn't that low, but it's still non too high. It would make a bit more sense if Dogma's action came after Jack spoke. I'll see what I can do about that.
HeySparky
Ohnoyoudidn't just ask an Earth Dawn era creature for it's name. wink.gif
Lindt
*jaw drop*
Can I officially nominate Sparky for a karma bonus for that tirade? Im just blown away. Wicked nice work =)

So whos getting eaten? wanna place bets?
Fortune
QUOTE (Lindt @ Feb 25 2005, 05:52 PM)
So whos getting eaten?

I expected Gypsy to become a nice light snack earlier ... or at least to have the damn dragon acknowledge his existance when he stepped out in front and faced off against him while he was in a rage.
Sandoval Smith
Hey, HMHVV, one thing I'm wondering about Rebo: why is he convinced that ALL magic is psi power? It just seems kind of strange.

And yeah, easy for you too look tough, Mr. I'm-not-the-one-on-fire.

mocking the charred man brutally

And Sparky, it's a damn good thing I got one of those screen protectors for my monitor, because I just blew a mixture of nose grease and diet pepsi all over mine (my keyboard on the other hand...)
Backgammon
AH HAHAHA

You know what I pictured? Me putting my finger to my temple and using one of those evil villain pain inducing collar things on Slinky. Could use one of those to keep you people in line! heheheh.... no... must resist urge to be evil team leader... Can you guess I'm playing a Sith in Knights of the Old Republic 2 right now??

And dammit, I knew asking it's name was gonna be a bad idea. Never played ED though.... did I just basically say "hey, your sister is a good lay, but not half as good as your mother"?
Sandoval Smith
Pretty much, except that he'd just walked in on you doing his dad when you said that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012