Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Earth's Dawn
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
Fortune
Zzzzzzzzzzzzz ... sleepy.gif
Fortune
Sorry Sparky, but it has been a very long and stressful day for Gypsy. There's no point missing out on rest time when it becomes available. wink.gif
Lindt
Sparky, I must commend you on making me laugh loud enough to trigger the cubical gophers. Thank you. *somewhere someone wants to play Thermonucler war*
Backgammon
This place reminds me of Pitch Black. Nice visuals in that movie. Lets hope the Horrors don't come out at night in swarms, though...
Sphynx
FYI, Slinky and Sleel are still below in the caves, working on the drones. You do not have solar energy 'yet'. That's why they're not with you. wink.gif According to my rolls, it takes Slinky 4 hours to make an Electronics Kit from parts, and with that, she can create a solar powered generator inside of 2 days (but Sleel still has to decide where he's willing to lose the solar panels off of, the micro drones are too small to take it off of)

Sphynx
Tarantula
Sphynx, all my drone except for the Hernando drones have solar cell modifications already on them, the only two drones that wouldn't be able to go would be the Hernandos, which is why I suggested swapping the guns of one with a gunther. Other than that, I hadn't said to canabalize them for parts. Sleel likes his drones damnit!
HeySparky
- I guess I should keep up with my bookkeeping better, but I'd earmarked 3 karma to get to 2 in Common. I guess what bit of Old Soul Slinky had must have lived in her arms. smile.gif

- And I will get around to updating my sheet. Shouldn't be any need to make an electronics kit out of the Hernandos... I have one... or should have had one before the refit.

- What I was thinking on the drones is that I could pull one of the solar power kits from one of the drones to make a battery charger of sorts. One that we could use to power our non-cyber gear. So, actually, we'd get to keep the Hernandos, but their batteries would have to be tinkered with. And one of the Solar powered drones would get 'gutted' or have it's solar power mod pulled to service other stuff (including the donor drone).

That make sense?

- Definitely.... definitely Pitch Black vibes.

Dibs on being Riddick.
Toptomcat
Uh, I think you miscalculated slightly with the whole 'doctor' scene. James has a platelet factory and he needs an anticoagulant to keep from dying- he doesn't need a coagulant.
Or did the doctor just misdiagnose?
Sphynx
Hernandos don't have batteries, and aren't convertable to batteries. The idea of using the Hernandos for "spare parts" is because they won't be anything other than a pile of slag otherwise. You could take apart a battery operated drone if you want, but that makes it useless since you don't really have the gear to operate in a manner that you can quickly re-assemble the drone after using the battery (getting simple tools like a screwdriver/wrench/etc are impossible, you're having to use the metal for 'parts' to even work on something.) Best choice is to use the parts of the Hernandos to create a generator.

Sphynx
Sphynx
Sorry Toptom, will edit the post. nyahnyah.gif

Sphynx
Tarantula
Also, Sleel has both a vehicle toolkit, and an electronic toolkit, so you don't need to "make" one. I didn't mean we wouldn't have the hernandos, and I still need to check if they are gas or electric powered, as I can't remember off the top of my head, and it'll make a bit of a difference. I think they're battery, but they couldn't fit a solar modification due to cargo restrictions. If that is the case, we could also remove one of the Arty drones (they aren't mini) solar power, and use that to jury rig something up, which might be the best solution yet.

And Sphynx, as I said, I do have the gear that would be required to take apart a different battery drone, most likely an Arty, in order to make a solar generator that we could use, even just pulling off the solar power, would create a solar charger pretty easy, leaving the drone intact, but without solar power. The hernandos I suggested simply swapping guns & ammo with a gunther, simply so that way I'll have one drone with rather heavy firepower if I need it, and the other with less, but considerably more ammo.
Sphynx
It's your guys calls on how you wanna do it, let me know which drones are sacrificed for it though. Hernandos run on jet fuel. Anyhows, just make sure the CF and Load is based on modifications, not design. Lemme see the final result. wink.gif

Sphynx
HeySparky
I betcha these Cairn dwellers have some rot gut lying around that would suffice for fuel. Check that jug cradled lovingly in Gypsy's arms.
Backgammon
So is Sleel with us or not? If it only takes a little while longer for him to arrange his drones, we'll wait and then all go. If it's going to take hours then we'll hit topside without him and I'll remove the last line of my post.
Sphynx
You hit topside without him. smile.gif

Sphynx
Fortune
Sphynx, can you give us a recap on the timeline? Like how long we have been here, etc. I'm now lost because of your 'past few days exploring' comment, since as far as I knew up till then everything was on the same day.

I assume that Gypsy, Slinky, and Sleel are still in the Cairn ... anyone else?
Sphynx
Damnit all, my edit to fix the one problem lost everything after the first spoiler. An hour long post was pretty nearly deleted.... I'll try to re-post yesterday's post asap..... *sighs*

-- Note to self, don't edit. nyahnyah.gif

Sphynx
Sphynx
Fortune, it took 2 days to learn the bit of language people learned. You've slept twice before heading to the surface.

Everyone: I reposted yesterday's post due to having deleted the majority of it. I apologize if it's not as all-encompassing as yesterdays, but you might wanna re-read it if you already read it just to make sure nothing wierd changed.

Sphynx
Sandoval Smith
The 'edit' function always loses text if you have more than one spoiler tag. If do that, right click the thread link at the top of the page before you submit the edit, and open it in a new window. Since you haven't updated, the old data will still be there.
Gremish
Hmmm good things to know although ive had a few posts where i had more then 1 spoiler and it edited fine.... other then the 2nd spoiler dissappearing when i went into edit it was stil there when i posted again =P
Tarantula
Take the solar from one Arty drone, and use the hernandos to make the generator. Its our best option atm.
Lindt
And I will take 'Horror Lore' For one karma Alex.
Fortune
Does this 'old soul' thing mean Dogma and Gypsy can learn the language cheaper?
Sphynx
No, it explains why I let you "start" with buying it at a 3 with only 2 days of studying it. nyahnyah.gif So, if by cheaper, you mean in a much shorter time span, then yes. wink.gif
Fortune
Can't blame a guy for trying. wink.gif
Sandoval Smith
When you say, 'the team should be arriving soon,' do you mean that the surface team is returning, and almost back to the cairn?

(sorry about my spotty posting, but I've curenttly got some heavy duty cold medicine trying to keep my immune system from being completly routed, and my focus is a bit... sporadic...)

Jack's next post will cover what he does on the surface, and his reaction to current develpments, if his team is almost back to the cairn.
Sphynx
Meaning that from Gypsy's, Slinky's and Sleel's perspective, they should be returning soon. They are not aware that what was previously 3 hours, took 8 hours this time due to a deeper cave. 8 hours for you to get to the surface, plus the time it took for the sun to set. That would have been plenty long enough to get up and back down if the tunnel were the same length as in the 21st century (a 3 hour trip back then). Obviously there's been plenty of erosion over the few thousands of years from the time you came out until the time you entered.
Backgammon
How far, exactly, is Britain from where we are? Is it feasible to walk there and building a boat? Or should we just forget about that whole thing?
HeySparky
Who hears the screams? The cavern group of Gypsy, Slinky and Sleel (what I thought it read) or the topside group of the rest of the team.
Sphynx
The people in the cave (which does include Rebo, as he said, he's staying with you Astrally in both of his last 2 posts). I'm not really sure though, that his physical body would have awakened at a scream though, will check the rules on that.

Topside hears no screaming at all (you're 9 hours away).

Backgammon: If you'll recall from the first posts, you're at the SW corner of Ireland. I think I even gave you a town. Your position has not changed (same cave just longer).
HeySparky
Town is Dunmanway, Co. Cork.
Backgammon
In other words, we aint going to Britain any time soon...
Backgammon
Ok, is Rebo on the surface with us or not??
Tarantula
QUOTE (Sphynx)
The people in the cave (which does include Rebo, as he said, he's staying with you Astrally in both of his last 2 posts). I'm not really sure though, that his physical body would have awakened at a scream though, will check the rules on that.

Topside hears no screaming at all (you're 9 hours away).

There ya go Back.
Backgammon
Yeah, I know that's what Sphynx thinks, but I don't see it anywhere mentionned he didn't come up with us (especially after I said "Everyone come up"), THEN project.
Fortune
As far as I knew, Rebo went with the surface group, and Projected from the cave entrance when the group stopped.
HMHVV Hunter
Alright, here's the deal:

After an IC post was made that said, "Rebo doesn't need to go anywhere; he just needs to project" (or something along those lines), I had Rebo stay where he was before and just project. So I'm still in the cave.

On a side note, just how bloody big is this cave? I must've missed the time references, 'cause I had no idea we were 8 hours away from the demon circle.
Fortune
Whatever. How did he expect to report his findings? The order of posts made it look as if he traveled with the team to the surface, and then Projected from there.

The cavern we are in isn't 8 hours from the Circle. The surface is 9 hours from the cavern, which is a little way from the Circle.
HMHVV Hunter
Well, that's not how I intended things to go. Then again, I didn't know what the heck they wanted me to do in the first place, since the orders weren't that clear. I mean, did he want me to accompany him on the astral, or on the physical plane as well? I wasn't clear on it.

BTW, in the future, when someone offers an explanation in good faith, don't blow them off with "whatever." It's disrespectful.
Fortune
Don't assume I was 'blowing you off'. It's disrespectful!

I was really meaning that since it isn't my character, it isn't really my concern. I was actually going to bow out of the conversation at that time, but the thought about 'reporting' crossed my mind, so I added it to the post.
HMHVV Hunter
Alright, sorry then.

Well, as far as I was concerned, I was in the cave and tagging along only in the astral. Not sure what Sphynx's ruling will be though.
Fortune
It's cool. Sorry for any offence I might have caused. smile.gif

As far as Sphynx's ruling, I'm pretty sure he's already made it (Rebo is still in the Cairn). The only thing that would change it (in my opinion) would be if you were to post stating that you did indeed accompany the surface team all along.
HMHVV Hunter
Well, I accompanied them on the astral; at least that was my understanding. Not sure how that might affect things.
Sphynx
Page 173, 2nd paragraph under While you were out. You are unaware of the screams while on the surface.

Hunter and I both read/understood that he was only going in Astral form. He is unaware of the screams though, and would wait about 2 more hours before he would go back to recover lost essence for 6ish minutes.
Fortune
So that would mean both Backgammon's and Lindt's posts are not really valid? And neither is Hunter's, since he doesn't hear the screams?
Sandoval Smith
QUOTE (Fortune)
So that would mean both Backgammon's and Lindt's posts are not really valid? And neither is Hunter's, since he doesn't hear the screams?

Correct. I'd suggest that they go back and correct them, since Rebo wouldn't have been able to hear the screams. (I'll post after I get some sleep. My heads pounding just a bet too hard for the focus needed for a good post right now).
HMHVV Hunter
Edited
Toptomcat
Stomach flu feel horrible out awhile
Toptomcat
Stomach flu feel horrible out awhile
Lindt
Before I post, is this before or after natural sundown?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012