Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Earth's Dawn
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
HeySparky
Sphynx - so are you saying there's no clear hand-holds that I can see?
Fortune
QUOTE (HMHVV Hunter @ Jan 12 2005, 03:32 AM)
I looked up the rules, and it says that Active Skills could only support another active skill (in rare cases).  I didn't see anything about Attributes.

Is this a house rule we're using then?

SR3 pg 171: Assensing. Intelligence is used for the test, with Aura Reading acting as a Complementary Skill. The Complementary dice are rolled against a TN of 4, with 1/2 the successes counting towards the Assensing test (provided 1 success is made on the actual Assensing test).
Sphynx
ES: No clear hand-holds that you can see.
Lindt: Their Aura looks human enough, though admittedly warped a bit and all with umbilical cords that seem attached to the wormhead.
Backgammon
Lindt: you can't use spell pool for Conjuring, SR3 P.44 under Spell Pool.

Sphynx: I'd like a torough (well, as much as a Complex will give me) of the room very much including but not limited to possible escape paths. How many zombies, anyway? How far from us?
Sandoval Smith
He knows as much about Shedim as the next guy, I.E. a nasty, recent, kind of spirit that inhabits dead bodies and does the whole zombie schtick. They can't be much of a secret, since governments have been encouraging everyone to cremate their dead specifically because of Shedim, and places like morgues have been upgraded to keep the dead confined, just in case they do decide to go walking.
Fortune
And considering the phenomenon accompanied our boss out of the rift. wink.gif
Sandoval Smith
I'm a little fuzzy on events post 2062, so I'm not sure how much he's ever owned up to that fact. It seems like a rather unpolite topic to bring up in casual conversation too (and not just because he's our boss. There's that whole 'teeth as big as my head' angle to consider too).

*edit*
Does anyone know if you get the +3 power bonus for full auto when laying down surpressive fire?
Lindt
Eeps. "s what I got for posting while hopped up on cold meds.
Sphynx
BackGammon, you spend time counting the cadavers, and you count 32 total, 32 includes the ones that have fallen (only 5 are dead, leaving 27 to go through)

Lindt: 1 success on your conjuring, but it's a warped spirit, almost toxic.

Shedim: If you had to guess, you'd say these could be Shedim, if any of you have actually seen a Shedim from the Astral, you know they're not.

Sandoval: No, you don't get the +3

Sphynx
Fortune
I figured the barrier was there, because of the hermetic-style designs. But I had to try.
Sandoval Smith
Shucks, I didn't think you did, since I was pretty sure the +3 came from the fact you were pouring all those bullets into one space, instead of fanning them out like Jack did, but it couldn't hurt to check. Also, the 'shedim' thing from Jack was just internal monologue as he was trying to assess the situation before he went la-la. "Walking dead? Uh... shedim do that, and I'm pretty sure if you shoot them enough they stay down. Think I better test that out."

*edit*
Just double checking, but Jack got two bursts off right? (I think knowing whether or not I blew through 10 or 20 rounds is going to be important at some point).
Tarantula
Sphynx, were any drones able to get a sensor-lock on the big demonic thing?
Sphynx
Yes, sensor lock is established, you can add in half of your sensor value to future gunnery tests (if I recall the rules correctly)

Sphynx
Tarantula
Thats if I'm jumped in the drone. Which I can be for only 1 drone at any given time. The rest of the drones need a sensor-lock to be able to shoot any weapons whatsoever. I'll check if they get to add half sensors to their check as well, or if its simply their pilot rating.
Lindt
This rather F-ed up spirit is under my control though? Just making sure?
Sphynx
Seems to be under your control (you got 1 success anyhows nyahnyah.gif)

Sphynx
Toptomcat
Think these shells will work any better, guys?
Lindt
No, seeing as they have a starting avil. of BLOODY 16!! Me thinks you dont have them.
Sandoval Smith
*edit*
Looks like someone beat me to the punch. I think you're going to want to go back and fix that post, because those are defintely not temper rounds you're loading into that shotgun.
Toptomcat
BLOODY HELL!
Toptomcat
Okay, I've replaced the Temper rounds with one WP and two Incindiary grenades, and I'll throw the latter at wormface in an edited post I'll produce before the end of the day.
Tarantula
Another quick side-note, you don't have them in your character sheet either. (Unless you edited them out already, in which case disregard me.)
Toptomcat
In the [CHAR] thread, the most recent, I do.
Toptomcat
How far away is wormface from the closest friendly?
Fortune
Throwing defaults to Strength, not Quickness.
Toptomcat
's the same anyway.
Fortune
I know ... I checked. But it's a good thing to know for future reference.
Fortune
Gremish: Could you please remove your sig(s) from the IC thread.
Backgammon
Sphynx: Sorry, I can't find the post where you described our exits. There is a corridor from where we hear feet coming in, an there is another corridor that seems clear?

Edit: nevermind, got it.
Gremish
Yep will removed them and make sure they arnt there anymore, sry.
Backgammon
Made some of your chars do a few actions, sorry. If you want anything changed, let me know.

Just to be sure, Tarantula, you can still walk around and follow us if you have your drones cover the rear, right? Don't want you to go RAS overrride on us right now...

Edit: And James should be taking point about 20 meters or so ahead of us. Far enough to scout a bit, but close enough so we can still see him.
Tarantula
Yeah, its just anything requiring a roll gets a +8 jumped on top of it.

Note to Sphynx:
[ Spoiler ]
Fortune
So Sphynx ... anything familiar or particularly useful about the Hermetic (?) designs?
Sphynx
Tarantula.... you have 2 of every drone?!? nyahnyah.gif Didn't notice that before...

No Fortune, you don't recognize any of it, even remotely.

Tarantula
Yes...... except the bison, theres doubles of everything... (I had no where else to spend the money, and I didn't feel like making a 10+ custom drones...)
Sphynx
I normally don't read ahead on your IC posts, but thought I'd take a look see and noticed there was some misconception going on. nyahnyah.gif

They could hear somethings, lots of somethings, heading their way from the tunnel to the right.

The scampering seemed to be from 1, maybe 2 individuals, and they were running away from you.
Backgammon
Woah, that changes everything. Hold on, going to have to redo the whole post.
Tarantula
Not to be a stickler or anything tom, but I noticed you have 8 pts thermal dampening on the camo full suit, when the max mod it can take of anything is 5. Only reason I noticed that was cause it makes you hard for me to spot as well nyahnyah.gif
Toptomcat
Au contraire. 5 Ballistic, 3 Impact, 8 total available points of modifications.
HeySparky
I can never remember what standard availability is... is it 8 or 10? If it's 8 Toptomcat, you can have 8pts of mods, but the Availability of camo is 5 and Thermal Dampening makes Availability X2...
Toptomcat
Jesus, Mary, Joseph, Bhudda and Elvis, this is getting old.
Fine. The thermal's on my armor jacket and the chem lining's on the camo. I'm wearing the former.
Fortune
QUOTE (Backgammon)
Woah, that changes everything. Hold on, going to have to redo the whole post.

I'm glad I didn't post what I was originally intending in relation to yours then. That's a mighty big edit. biggrin.gif
Tarantula
Top, the total amount of modifications is 8 yes, but the maximum of a single mod is 5. you could have 4 & another 4, or a 5 & 3, but not 6 & 2 or 7 & 1 or 8.
Toptomcat
Sweet baby Jesus H.W. Christ on a tricycle juggling chainsaws!
Give me a few, I'll edit. Total mods in effect will remain the same, their distributions will not.
Toptomcat
*twitchity twitch*
Done. 8 pts of Thermal. Couldn't quite keep the same stuff, but close enough.
Oy. Next it'll be my right arm that's above Avail 8.
Tarantula
nyahnyah.gif Sorry, it just clicked off something in my head when you somehow pulled thermal 8 off with just 1 piece of armor from the get-go, when I tried for ever and ever do that a little bit ago with a character. So I wanted to see how you did it. Now that thats all squared away, back to the game!
HeySparky
Nope. That would be me. wink.gif
Sphynx
In a rare pleasure, I'll have to post here today due to your telling the story so well. I'll provide just the data, and you can do the story side of it. smile.gif

Sleel: The right hand tunnel, the same tunnel the scampering of feet had come down, dead ends about 50 meters down (it is downhill, about a 20% drop on average). Apparently some sort of cavein that seems to block further passage.

Jack: Exploring the left passage you recognize more than a few similarities with the cave you found the mana warp in. It heads upwards, and you'd almost swear it was the same passage you took down, with only minor changes, such as this time there are places where steps have been chiselled into the ground.

Magic Types: The circle is definitely not hermetic, and even more definitely not shamanic. A different type of magic entirely. Another point of interest. The Cadaver men did not seem dual natured, yet they couldn't get past the Astral Ward. Magical residue still hovers in the area (and FYI: Background count here is about a 3, but only in a spherical pattern that includes the ward, about 3 meters in diameter.)
Fortune
So, was Gypsy's previous spell successfully cast?

I can't recall if I specified it earlier, but Gypsy has assigned all his dice to Spell Defence (consider this the default setting).
Sphynx
Yes, he has a +3d6 without drain.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012