Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Earth's Dawn
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
Sphynx
It's right after. The sky is a dull pink from the sun no longer being visible, but there's still enough light to make for a very eerie effect. The shadows seem to be coming from the northeast, the sun sets in the West/SouthWest).
Lindt
(is a boob who didnt read your last post on the IC thread). So is it night with moon, or sunset.? Not that its going to change my post much, I was trying to assertain if it was just before sunset, where summoning spirits is somewhat futile... haveing screwed someone on the before.

Edit, yeah on the 28th you said it was a moonlit night, today its just sundown with no moon.
HMHVV Hunter
Ok, a couple things:

1. Are these beings astral or physical? (For that matter, can I even discern which they are?)
2. How long have I (Rebo) been astrally projected by now?
Sphynx
1) Are you spending a Simple Action to discern the nature of the creatures? From a basic glance they appear to be ghosts.

2) About 9 hours (but as I said earlier, you took a 6 minute pause after around 5 hours)

Lindt: Yep (moon cycles twice a day, so always half the night is moonless wink.gif) It is post-sunset, pink skies from after a good sunset. If you summon spirits now, they'll last til morning (sunup/sunset are suppose to be guidelines, not a way to screw players nyahnyah.gif)
Lindt
Got'cha.
HMHVV Hunter
Alright.
Backgammon
Force 7 great form = "safe"?

This should be interesting. It'd be funny if you got up, turned around on yourself in panic, screamed, then passed out. Hehehehe....

Of course if you do pull it off, that's gonne be one mighty spirit!
Fortune
Force 5 ... still tough, but not impossible.

I'm waiting for ES Sparky and Tarantula to post.
Sandoval Smith
HMHVV: I'm not sure that 'aural' is the word you mean to use, since I believe that means 'sound.'

Jack probably isn't going to answer you right away, as currently he is rather anti-ok. twirl.gif

Sphynx: Can Jack get a perception test against, or a better description of what the moving shadow things were, as he was staring intently at them before freaking out?
HMHVV Hunter
No, I mean "aural" as in "aura." I just don't think a psionicist would use a term with such magical connotations as "astral."
Lindt
Safe as in numbers wise I cant knock my self out if I blow all the drain rolls. Worst Id get is a moderate ontop of a serious. Just dont count on me doing anything after that.
Actually at this level the only 'real' bonus the great form has (other then storm power, which is BADASS but dangerous unless we have something using its guard power) is that I can summon more then one. Or at least summon a non-great form one now.
Living on the edge of BLIND PANIC!
Sphynx
Sandoval, that's precisely what you see, moving shadows. There's no other way to describe them. They have no real shape, identifying marks, size, etc, they're just moving shadows and look a bit like ghosts might look.
Fortune
I'd post IC, but I'd really prefer to wait for ES Sparky to make an appearance. If there is no IC post by tomorrow (my time) though, then I'll chuck one up anyway.
Sandoval Smith
So we can see these shadow things in the real world too? Just confirming, before I try and do anything completly ineffectual in my next post.
Sphynx
Yes, you see the shadows without astral perception. As a matter of fact, you see everything going on except the Greater Mountain Spirit itself. You see the siphoning of energy from Rebos, the shadow creatures, and of course, the "effects" of the Spirit.

Sphynx
Lindt
Sphynx, my TNs for the invocation where 9, not 10. Its force times two minus initiate grade. The second drain would have been S (as it is equal to 1.5x my cha).
MitS pg 75.
I wouldent be out, but Im at 5 boxes stun. No second sprit for me...
Sphynx
Good call, post being adjusted. wink.gif

Sphynx
HeySparky
Apologies for spotty posting. Will try to make sure to communicate any expected lapse in posting before said lapse in the future.
Fortune
Hunter: I don't believe you can cast Physical spells (like Fireball) while Projecting in SR3.
HMHVV Hunter
Waiting for the GM's ruling on this.
Sandoval Smith
Physical spells cannont be cast while projecting.

As well as being mana only, spells cast while projecting incur physical drain. IIRC on the second part.
HMHVV Hunter
Great. So I'm completely fucked. Can't run, can't fight, AND I've lost Magic.

Wonderful.
Fortune
Yeah, and Gypsy's best offensive spell is Stun Bolt! I feel your pain ... or at least some pain real soon!

Try using your Sorcery skill to kick ass in Astral Combat. At least you might have a shot.
Fortune
Day-amn! Two successes from 14 dice! Sucks to be me! eek.gif

Too bad that I didn't mention Karma Pool.
Sphynx
I stated at the beginning that I would remove (through IC death, or other options) characters who were inactive in the game. Monday I start killing off anyone who isn't posting so that the people who are helping with the story don't continued to feel hindered through obligation to wait for everyone to post. That gives you a couple of days to show you're not idle in-game.

Meanwhile in other news,

Hunter: Psi returns at 1 per hour of rest, as per the rules on page 176. wink.gif
Others: I'm still only at the Intro to this story. I'm not going to kill off anyone (unless they're too idle) at this stage of the story, so don't feel hopeless in this battle, the idea is to give a "Horror" feel to the game.

So tell me, how are we doing? I'd much rather hear here that you don't like something than lose players due to them feeling that the game is hopeless. I promise to take any criticism well. wink.gif I didn't really warn anyone that it would be a setting like Cthullu (horror oriented), in order to keep some of the suspense. Now is a good time to say if you'd rather have things a bit more cheerful. smile.gif

Sphynx
Fortune
I ain't going anywhere! Keep up the good work. smile.gif
Backgammon
Lindt, please don't let the mountain fall into the ocean wink.gif rotate.gif
Lindt
QUOTE (Sphynx @ Feb 3 2005, 05:36 AM)

So tell me, how are we doing?  I'd much rather hear here that you don't like something than lose players due to them feeling that the game is hopeless.  I promise to take any criticism well.  wink.gif  I didn't really warn anyone that it would be a setting like Cthullu (horror oriented), in order to keep some of the suspense.  Now is a good time to say if you'd rather have things a bit more cheerful.  smile.gif 

Sphynx

*slightly awed* Dude......... wicked sick stuff going down. I the immortal words of someone "Me likey!"

Lindt, please don't let the mountain fall into the ocean

Ill try.... really I will...
HMHVV Hunter
QUOTE (Sphynx)

Hunter: Psi returns at 1 per hour of rest, as per the rules on page 176. wink.gif

I thought I lost one point permanently thanks to those shadow beings?
Sphynx
As I said, it returns 1 point per hour of rest. wink.gif I wouldn't screw a player like that...
Lindt
Man.... If I keep with these great forms I really should get myself a foci of some sort... glad sprit foci only have a 2x force , karma cost. Now... how to find a fixer in the 4th world...

Long post, be up late this afternoon/early evening.
Sphynx
If you ever get to a place that has them. You're not quite in the 21st century anymore. wink.gif
Gremish
Spynx.... you ahve done a hella a job.... i love hopeless situations. If there was always an answer that wa obvious how woul it be fun.

I have been working like a dog cause my car broke 3 times in 2 weeks now, water pump $250, Brakes $300, and just yesterday Radiator $415, =( so i aint had time nor energy for ANYTHING. ive been trying to post here like 5 days a week but it just hasnt been working. Im sry if im not here enough and if you guys dont want me here still just say the word and ill bow out. i still really wanna play and ive read everything to date and been trying to post asap but i dont wanna start somethign that i dont know if ill be there tommarow for so ive been trying to let everyone else do mosta the talking / working =(

Sry, plz tell me whats up. and i say again Good job Spnx =P
HMHVV Hunter
Ah ok. Yeah, I just turned to the page and read the section. Ok, now I understand.
Sandoval Smith
I wish I'd brought more bullets.

In other news, I'll post when I get up, where I attempt to smack soul sucking shadow thingies with my fist. If that doesn't kill me, then the mountain going for a skinny dip will. nyahnyah.gif

It was nice knowing you all.
HeySparky
Save your brass... bullets are just lead right? We can do some reloading. smile.gif Bound to be some guano in the caves? Right? I have a chem kit... Voila!

Oh - and Sphynx, I think the game is great. I loved Earth Dawn and am having fun being a Chosen-fish-out-of-water. Hard for me to keep up the pace and quality, though. So if I'm targeted at some point for death-by-holding-up-the-game - let me know and we can work out something spectacular - and no hard feelings. smile.gif

Sphynx
QUOTE (Sphynx)
I stated at the beginning that I would remove (through IC death, or other options) characters who were inactive in the game. Monday I start killing off anyone who isn't posting so that the people who are helping with the story don't continued to feel hindered through obligation to wait for everyone to post. That gives you a couple of days to show you're not idle in-game.

2 people posted, guess it's going to be a really small game. OOC posts do not count ( I said active IN the game ).

Anyhows, I can't post with such a small level of interest.
Fortune
How can people not be posting when combat is involved. C'mon peoples, let's use some of those vaunted battle skills. biggrin.gif
Tarantula
So Sphynx, I'm in a beserk rage sitting around in captains chair mode. Thats... awkward.
Lindt
The only one we really havent heard from is Tomcat (james).

Ill get something good up today, I promise!
Sandoval Smith
With the luck that the dice seem to be throwing our way right now, it's going to be the sixth age again before Jack manages to land a punch on a spirit. This could go... poorly.
Backgammon
I'm kinda waiting for something else to happen before I can post... If the Mountain spirit isn't stopped form turnng, we all die. The magic people need to banish it or something, since defeating the shades/ghosts doesn't look an option. As soon as that's done, I'll have everyone retreat into the caves.
HMHVV Hunter
QUOTE (Sphynx)
QUOTE (Sphynx @ Feb 3 2005, 11:36 AM)
I stated at the beginning that I would remove (through IC death, or other options) characters who were inactive in the game.  Monday I start killing off anyone who isn't posting so that the people who are helping with the story don't continued to feel hindered through obligation to wait for everyone to post.  That gives you a couple of days to show you're not idle in-game.

2 people posted, guess it's going to be a really small game. OOC posts do not count ( I said active IN the game ).

Anyhows, I can't post with such a small level of interest.

I posted. In fact, I just posted an action; I just couldn't think of anything I could do at that point yesterday.
Lindt
Its sat night.... am I fired yet? Can I plead the MS blows defence?
Im just getting an action up for the moment, Ill make it nice later.
Fortune
QUOTE (Lindt)
Im just getting an action up for the moment, Ill make it nice later.

Does that line work with the women?
Lindt
shush, it means you nutters can post again... cause Ill be dammed if I know what to do. Well other then tell it to storm strike and kill everyone topside.
Fortune
Zzzzzzzzz ............. sleepy.gif

Only 24 castings??? I hate your dice! nyahnyah.gif
Lindt
Question and 2 comments.
Are we heading in the direction of the recently departed? IE we climed up that cliff-esk thing to get to the surface? Ie we can bury the bodies (and loot their stuff, which we will need).
And change Lindt to Tevos. Lindt (as a different PC mind you) would have shot most of the living and himself by now.

Also, Im apoiligizing for my ass-ly posting. I just started a research writing class and a design studio, both of which are seriously draining on my creative mojo. So Im upping the coffee dosages, and seeing if that helps. LOVEING this game though. Danka Sphynx!
Backgammon
Yeah, can we assume in our next post that we have "succesfully" retreated into the cave?

And yeah, this game is ze gut shit Sphynx, keep it up!
Sphynx
You are safe in the cave. PC's have fallen a few thousand feet to their probable death. I chose that option just in case Gremish shows up and wishes to be active again (he said he might in OOC), he has Levitate and could save himself if needed. Toptom is truly dead to the game. Will fix the Typo Lindt/Tevos
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012