Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Earth's Dawn
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
Sandoval Smith
QUOTE (Backgammon)
Uh, Sphynx, Jack is moving bodies, not Slinky... and Jack is not, at the moment anyway, a woman.

Jack looks down at his chest. "Huh. Those weren't there this morning," she says. Then she realizes that she is now referring to herself with feminine pronouns. "That's it. No more mana warps for me."

I assume any mistakes got edited out. biggrin.gif
Backgammon
holy fragglesnot

BAAAAAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

That expression tickled me just right smile.gif
Lindt
I was gonna say the same thing... hells 'I' may have to use it sometime.
Toptomcat
Jack looks down at his chest. "Huh. Those weren't there this morning," she says. Then she realizes that she is now referring to herself with feminine pronouns. "That's it. No more mana warps for me."

If you REALLY want to mess with our heads, Sphinx, you can oblige him... devil.gif
Lindt
heheheheh.

quick question, has the background count dropped off now that we left the circle of doom?
Backgammon
LOL "Ninja Vanish". Yeah, that really adds to your sanity.
Fortune
QUOTE (Lindt)
quick question, has the background count dropped off now that we left the circle of doom?

As far as I know, it was limited to the Circle itself.
Toptomcat
LOL "Ninja Vanish". Yeah, that really adds to your sanity.

I know too, I'm just screwing with you.
Sandoval Smith
Did the 'earth elemental' actually move out of the way, or did it just stand up?
Backgammon
LET'S DO THEM!! LET'S DO THE WHOLE F*CKING VILLAGE!!

Sorry, too many Vietnam movies...
Backgammon
Ah, I was hoping someone had translate. I really should go over what spells you guys have dead.gif
Lindt
Sooo did anyone else see this one comming? "Chosen ones fight the deamons because it was said we would?"
Backgammon
Nope, didn't see that coming! wink.gif

Always wanted to die in a long lost past. And remember, no one have sex with the locals. You wouldn't want to accidently do one of your ancestors. Even if they're hot.
Tarantula
But if you dont then you'll never be born!
HMHVV Hunter
Just to be clear - ALL our gear was taken with us? Everything on our character sheet?

Just wondering, cause it might be a loooooooooong time before we can buy additional bullets.
Sphynx
Anything small enough to have fit in a large duffel bag, yes. That includes over 10,000 rounds of ammo that came with the Drones apparently. nyahnyah.gif

Sphynx
Toptomcat
Well let's try and fix that problem. A long shot, I know, but still possible if magic-for-mundo items are possible here (not being an ED person, I don't know)
Fortune
The Translate spell can be cast on a willing Subject so that they themselves can communicate with others. I assume that is what Gypsy has done with some (if not most or all) of the team for the meeting/briefing. The last few castings would be a bitch, but he does have Focused Concentration, which should help.

Sustaining them all would pretty much leave him unable to do much else requiring effort though. Of course, once the spells are actually cast, he could and would go back to providing Spell Defence.
Toptomcat
I thought he only used it on himself, which is why I called him over for translation, but if I don't need to it's all good.
Backgammon
QUOTE (Fortune)
The Translate spell can be cast on a willing Subject so that they themselves can communicate with others. I assume that is what Gypsy has done with some (if not most or all) of the team for the meeting/briefing. The last few castings would be a bitch, but he does have Focused Concentration, which should help.

Sustaining them all would pretty much leave him unable to do much else requiring effort though. Of course, once the spells are actually cast, he could and would go back to providing Spell Defence.

What if you ritually cast it? It would last for a long time with no need for you to sustain it. I'm sure these people have ritual material.
Sphynx
Or spend the "weekend" learning the basics of the language with the natives, and then spend that whole point of karma for a rating 1 in the language (Oh, I see the similarities in the language and <insert self known language>). If anyone really wants to know, the language does have similarities to both Slavic and Latin. Thus there will be similar words to nearly any common language, though the pronunciation could be incredibly off. nyahnyah.gif
Lindt
Hmm Armenian has a slavic base... Im all for basic communication. Just let me put a IC post up first.
HeySparky
Oh... I finally was able to get around to respecing my gear/cyber/bio with the extra funds from not paying for strength and quickness enhancements to arms/hands.

Didn't have enough to get bonelacing (cash or essence) but had enough to get integrity enhancement, enhanced articulation (really wanted it, but couldn't afford it - I'll understand if you say 'No' to changes at this point) and some additional techie gear. Mostly a couple more DNI mods to gear I already had, but also got a cyberware kit.

Let me know if this stuff is okay and I'll update my sheet.
Backgammon
QUOTE (Sphynx)
Or spend the "weekend" learning the basics of the language with the natives, and then spend that whole point of karma for a rating 1 in the language (Oh, I see the similarities in the language and <insert self known language>). If anyone really wants to know, the language does have similarities to both Slavic and Latin. Thus there will be similar words to nearly any common language, though the pronunciation could be incredibly off. nyahnyah.gif

I was planning on doing that too. But a kill of 1 is 1 in 6 chance of getting an Oops!
HeySparky
Kangaroo anyone?
Fortune
QUOTE (Sphynx)
Or spend the "weekend" learning the basics of the language with the natives, and then spend that whole point of karma for a rating 1 in the language

I was intending to do that anyway, but it doesn't help for the immediate future, with the briefing and all. That is why I suggested the spellcasing alternative for now.

Another alternative is for Gypsy to cast it on the four or five people most likely to talk, and for Rebo to use Mindlink on the rest to relay translations.
Tarantula
Between all my drones, they only have 5,200 rounds of ammunition. They all carry their own ammo (2,000 on each Gunther, 500 each Hernandez and 100 each Ajax) in ammunition bins that are attached to the drone. If the drone comes, the ammo comes because the ammo is attached onto the drone.

Anywho, other than that, and my bison, everything came thats on the char sheets. nyahnyah.gif
Toptomcat
James will listen closely to the translation Gypsy provides and the actual words of those surrounding him, noting a few simple cognates and basic nouns and verbs.
In other words...I'll take you up on the over-the-weekend language course. I'll call the language Old Speriethiel on my character sheet, m'kay?
Sphynx
It's nothing like Sperethiel. nyahnyah.gif I'd call it "Common". wink.gif

Sphynx
Toptomcat
Edit AWAAAAY!
Lindt
Im doing the same. Common 1 it is.
Backgammon
How high can we raise it? I got enough karma to easily raise it to skill 3.. can I do that, with a combination of being a natural at it and mnemonic enhancer?
Toptomcat
*wince* It happened to me and I didn't like it either but...
The mnemonic enhancer is cultured bioware, and thus not available at chargen.
Backgammon
Sphynx didnt say anything about cultured restrictions, just avail and street index... What's the ruling?
Sphynx
Canon doesn't say anything about not allowing Cultured. As long as availability was 8 or lower, it's allowed. The only rules restricting ware's is no beta or deltas, there's no rules anywhere saying no cultured.

As for costs, yes, you can take it as high as you like, you'll see why in-game shortly. wink.gif

Sphynx
Backgammon
QUOTE (Sphynx)
As for costs, yes, you can take it as high as you like, you'll see why in-game shortly. wink.gif

Sphynx

Uh.. I don't like the sound of that... still, raising my "common" to 3... fluent in 1 weekend! go me!
Toptomcat
*reads, re-reads, re-re-reads*
I'll be damned. I was sure it was somewhere in there.
Sorry 'bout that.
Backgammon
It's a suggestion that cultured not be available at chargen, not an actual rule.
Fortune
Well, Gypsy can easily justify learning the language.

Is it a base language Sphynx, or can it be considered a specialization of something else? biggrin.gif

And I definitely agree with your ruling about ES Sparky's storytelling! smile.gif
Sandoval Smith
Jack is also going to put a point into learning the language. And could he get a chance to copy that 4th World Knowledge chip?
HeySparky
Aw shucks. Thanks. I'm enjoying this and I loved Earth Dawn, even if I never got to play it.

Sphynx - I redid my gear/cyber/bioware to spend the money I had left over from un-buying the STR and QCK upgrades to cyberlimbs. Mostly more of the same, though I did purchase Enhanced Articulation. Please let me know if it's okay to post the changes or if you want any changes to the changes. Uh... right.

About IC: Oh - I am SO learning that bow's name.
Sphynx
Post your changes. nyahnyah.gif
Toptomcat
Well, they kinda gave it to me...
HeySparky
Sorry, didn't see that it was given to you.
Gremish
back... was gone for the wqeekend for work =) il post in IG after i get caught up...
Sphynx
My apologies for no post this day. I was waiting for at least one of Gremish or Tarantula to post since they are the more intregal part of the current storyline. Will post as soon as I see they've posted.

Sphynx
Tarantula
Sorry about that. I had school yesterday, just started, and got home completely drained. Won't happen again.
Backgammon
I better not catch you going to school again! nyahnyah.gif

In the words of Mr. T "Stay in drugs, don't do school". Or did I get that wrong...?
Tarantula
Just meant that because it was the first day, all my classes were exceedingly boring and useless, and left my brain a pile of mush at the end.
Lindt
Same here, 6 hours starting at 4pm is gonna blow goats.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012