Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Waving Axes
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
hobgoblin
ok, someone put a spork in this thread. its done, done done silly.gif

oh and:
The only safe way to play the Information Posting Game is not to play, it seems.

problem is that you will see your product die from lack of interest.

basicly its a no win situation. give out information and its bad, do not give out information and its bad.

so one puts on asbestos underwear and goes to work...
kinda reminds me of the open source community in a way, a lot of high and low quality flamewars going on there. hell, lets not forget the old classic, usenet.

if there is anything that you can be sure of, its that the net brings out the "worst" in everyone nyahnyah.gif
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (Synner)
Before we get into another round of FanPro-bashing, I would call peoples' attention to the fact that some of us have been informed that their books have been shipped - less than a day behind FanPro's October 3rd adjusted shipping date. In my case it happened Tuesday night at 04:32 PM according to UPS.

Ah, but all those have been from Studio2. None of the Battlecorps orders have shipped yet as far as I know. That still speaks of issues with their distribution channels.
Solstice
Nobody cares about excuses. They flubbed it plain and simple. It doesn't matter who's fault it was. The public only sees Fanpro's face not some binder in upstate NY. The sad thing is, they were trying to save the setting by attracting "new blood" well this isn't the way to go about it. You don't show up at work and tell your boss your presentation is a month away when the meeting was yesterday.
blakkie
If you are counting caring i don't care that the paper book didn't ship till now. So ya, i don't give a rat's ass about any "excuse" either. Why should i? I got the opportunity to purchase it some time back in PDF (and have already received a version that has a lot of corrections that should have not have to be made, and i have a paper version of it printed out that i consider superior in some ways to a hardbound book.

Plus, you know, it's a game. It's not like someone is going to die if it's a week or two late. *shrug*

It of course isn't the same for all people.
Synner
QUOTE (RunnerPaul @ Oct 6 2005, 12:18 AM)
QUOTE (Synner @ Oct 5 2005, 06:33 AM)
Before we get into another round of FanPro-bashing, I would call peoples' attention to the fact that some of us have been informed that their books have been shipped - less than a day behind FanPro's October 3rd adjusted shipping date. In my case it happened Tuesday night at 04:32 PM according to UPS.

Ah, but all those have been from Studio2. None of the Battlecorps orders have shipped yet as far as I know. That still speaks of issues with their distribution channels.

I fail to see your point. FanPro announced that October 3rd was the shipping date, meaning the date it ships from the distributor (ie. Studio2). In the case of most of the examples I've heard of so far (ie. people who ordered from the distributor), the books shipped within 6 hours of the adjusted release date.
Shadow_Prophet
Ok. Delays asside. Do you guys want to know what was realy unprofessional? The one single thing you can point out above all the delays and all the other stuff? The one thing you can NOT blame on anyone but fanpro?

Decemination of information to its customers and fans. When were we told we weren't getting the pdf on wedsday? Thursday morning. When were we told the book they KNEW several days in advance was not going to ship out on october 3rd was not going to ship out on october 3rd? October 5th.

You can blame the missed release dates on a myriad of things, but there is absolutely no reason, no reason at all, for them not to have been able to tell us on or before the 3rd that it wasn't going to be shipped (yes i know some of you have got confirmation of it being shipped to you).

So everything else aside. Bad form on their part.

But who's up for juggling monofilament chainsaws?
Bull
Threads been quiet for a few hours, but just so you all know, a handful of warnings have been given, and I'm repeating my standard "play nice" message.

Insults, Flames, and Baiting of other forum members is not allowed. So please quit it.

Bull
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012