Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Waving Axes
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
RunnerPaul
In case you missed the post over on shadowrunrpg.com:
October 5th, 2005
Where’s that Book?
Obviously, Shadowrun Fourth Edition has not shipped yet … we expect it will ship “really freakin’ soon” but don’t have an exact date yet.

We apologize for the continual delays, and we’re waving axes at the appropriate people.

Posted in SR4 by AdamJury

I know I'm less than impressed.
Critias
What professionalism.
mintcar
They... fumbled away their main product. That´s gotta hurt.
Synner
Before we get into another round of FanPro-bashing, I would call peoples' attention to the fact that some of us have been informed that their books have been shipped - less than a day behind FanPro's October 3rd adjusted shipping date. In my case it happened Tuesday night at 04:32 PM according to UPS.
Shadow_Prophet
QUOTE (Synner)
Before we get into another round of FanPro-bashing, I would call peoples' attention to the fact that some of us have been informed that their books have been shipped - less than a day behind FanPro's October 3rd adjusted shipping date. In my case it happened Tuesday night at 04:32 PM according to UPS.

Atleast theres some good news out of all of this
Shalimar
Professionalism, a dying art form.
Squinky
Axes were a mistake, they should be waving mono-whips....
calypso
QUOTE (Squinky)

You really don't want to do that, you'll just end up hurting yourself.
Lord Ben
Professionalism? Sure, then have a dress code that requires they wear suits and ties to the office.

Gaming companies are the last business I expect to be professional. Hell, it's just a lucky fan who gets paid to think crap up.
Phantom Runner
It's not really Fan Pro's fault that the binder flat out lied to them when they said the books were ready....
coolgrafix
For the love of christ, these poor guys can't post anything without getting flamed by someone. No wonder they're reluctant to give out information, it always gets twisted into something negative.

They gave us the Shadowrun 4 FAQ, which set off months and months of vitriol, pure speculation, and doomsaying on this forum.

They relay information that is the best available and every monkey in the peanut gallery picks it apart.

The only safe way to play the Information Posting Game is not to play, it seems.

I, for one, just stopped reading the forum this summer it got so distasteful. A number of my friends did the same. Just too negative. And it just continues it seems.
Critias
Cool. Then leave again.
Shadow_Prophet
QUOTE (calypso)
QUOTE (Squinky @ Oct 5 2005, 11:06 AM)

You really don't want to do that, you'll just end up hurting yourself.

Yes instead wave monofilament chainsaws about!
coolgrafix
QUOTE (Critias)
Cool. Then leave again.

I'd be happier if we could all just show a little more "professionalism" and respect for one another since we seem to be demanding it from others.
Critias
I'm just sayin', if a little real-world feelings, griping, negativity, disagreement, bitching, or whatever you want to call it really upsets you and your buddies so much you quit an internet forum for months (and then mention it, first chance you get)...then, well, maybe the internet is just a little too cynical and grown-up for your delicate sensibilities. So, y'know, leave again if you want.

And just as soon as I start getting paid for, and setting canon with, my thoughts and opinions where SR is concerned, I'll start showing some professionalism. 'Till then, I'm a customer, and I can bitch all I want.
blakkie
Perhaps if a bit of obvious humour injected into someone's statements rubs your "professionalism" sensibilities the wrong way you should stop playing RPG games?
coolgrafix
We have to be the change we want to see in others.

Not that it matters, but I've been back since the release of the PDF, reading and posting as usual.

Now I'm the source of derision. Perhaps it's the nature of the medium itself. Flaming seems to be endemic in forums and always has.

If you wish to have a private conversation I'm available through email. This is not the place.
Critias
I don't care about them trying very very hard to be zany and cool (like Starbucks, or pop music, or Chipotle), I care about them once again saying "Duhhr, we dunno when the books are gonna ship." If your head is so far up their ass, Blakkie, that you can't realize that the inability to produce a product on time shows a lack of professionalism, then I'm sorry to say that even shock therapy can't help you (though it would be fun to try).
blakkie
Yes, because it is clearly unprofessional to be honest.
calypso
http://www.tombraider4u.com/puppy-pictures.../cute-puppy.jpg

Please click that link.
blakkie
I like this one better, but only because i've seen it at a resolution that is legible. smile.gif

http://www.tombraider4u.com/puppy-pictures...y-picture04.jpg
mfb
honesty has nothing to do with it, though it's certainly an admirable quality.
Critias
I just remembered that I'm tired of remembering Blakkie exists, much less rolling around in the steaming fecal matter that is a conversation with him.

So I will summarize: I'm irritated at the company's inability to supply a consumer with a product. Period.
blakkie
QUOTE (mfb)
honesty has nothing to do with it, though it's certainly an admirable quality.

Getting let down by a supplier doesn't exactly equate to being unprofessional either. *shrug*

I just remembered that I'm tired of remembering Blakkie exists, much less rolling around in the steaming fecal matter that is a conversation with him.

Maybe you should leave? rotfl.gif Or stop making dumbass statements? That might work too.
mfb
QUOTE (blakkie)
Getting let down by a supplier doesn't exactly equate to being unprofessional either. *shrug*

if you're talking one or two late books, sure, i agree. we're talking about a history of late books over the course of several years of production.
Wasabi
I wish my copy had arrived also, Critias, and to be quite frank... its a small thing if they missed a ship date. After all, they put together a product we all want (a massive improvement all things considered) and if I have to wait an extra week to get it I'll be anxious but not condemning.

You being irritated is reasonable, but don't expect it to be encouraged. Its not like you're the only one waiting on a copy!
blakkie
QUOTE (mfb)
QUOTE (blakkie)

if you're talking one or two late books, sure, i agree. we're talking about a history of late books over the course of several years of production.

Really, using someone else's screwup as another excuse to bash Fanpro? Pitiful.
mfb
blakkie, i'm only talking about fanpro.

and to set a record straight that blakkie has confused, the way he confuses everything else with his dipshittery, i like fanpro. i like 90% of what they've put out. by and large, i'm happy with where they've taken SR. this latest change i'm not so happy about, and i'm not going to support it. but that doesn't mean that i suddenly hate their guts.
blakkie
QUOTE (mfb)
blakkie, i'm only talking about fanpro.

Yes, that is the problem.
mfb
blakkie, you idiot. the same people have been involved in fanpro since its inception. fanpro has a history of late books. therefore, i'm not blaming anybody for fanpro's problems than the people at fanpro.
calypso
QUOTE (mfb)
blakkie, you idiot. the same people have been involved in fanpro since its inception. fanpro has a history of late books. therefore, i'm not blaming anybody for fanpro's problems than the people at fanpro.

Could you at least pretend to be trying to be civil?
Lindt
So whos with me on storming the binders with pitchforks and torches? Its their fault, and Im honestly suprised that FanPro hasent looked into legal ramifacations dealing with this crap.

But I still dont 'like' sr4. And I have an LE that should be here eventually.
blakkie
QUOTE (mfb)

The problem is in holding this particular incident against them. Bitch, whine, and moan about past occurances all you want....and it is plainly obvious that you want to...but Critias using this as particular incident as another excuse to spill bile is exactly that.
mfb
no, he's looking at their track record. if your product is late 10 times in a row, it doesn't matter if there's a good excuse every time or not. the root problem is internal to your organization. this is as true in putting out game books as it is in any other industry.
Superbum
Do a search for the word "feces" and filter by "critias" and you will find a beauty of a post by Critias to Blakkie where you can quote this:

Oh, and Blakkie? Do us all a favor and shut up. Then pretend I'm a line developer, and get back to work rooting around in my feces for yummy, yummy, peanuts (while paying me cash money for the priviledge and praising my genius all at the same time).

Do another search for the word "fecal" and filter "critias" and you will find this very thread in which again he is battling with Blakkie over something and you can quote this beauty here:

However, when thinking about everything I just typed I get a great big laugh from this quote here:

well, maybe the internet is just a little too cynical and grown-up for your delicate sensibilities.

Man, I want to be grown-up like you guys. Let me get my boots first so I can easily wade through all your BS.
coolgrafix
Sometimes small companies are maneuvered into long-term contracts with larger companies and are forced to accept what comes. FanPro isn't the first small publisher to enter into a contract with a vendor only then to be screwed with no recourse.

All this asside, we all wanted the printed book sooner. And I guarantee that the small, dedicated band of fellow gamers cum game company employees at Fanpro, whose very livelihood is in large measure staked on this release, wanted the printed book sooner as well. No question that this has hurt sales and reputation in a dramatic way. Unfortunate all around.

Can we not let this rest?
mfb
some of us are discussing the gaming industry, superbum. and some of us should quit posting in this thread.
blakkie
QUOTE (mfb @ Oct 5 2005, 01:18 PM)
some of us are discussing the gaming industry, superbum. and some of us should quit posting in this thread.

But you haven't yet. nyahnyah.gif
mfb
now that's a nice, on-topic reply that highlights both your facility at debate and your willingness to be a good loser. i'm out.
calypso
QUOTE (mfb)

I'm glad you're being the bigger man and bowing out.

Calypso
blakkie
QUOTE (mfb)
now that's a nice, on-topic reply that highlights both your facility at debate and your willingness to be a good loser. i'm out.

Buh-bye.....again. Please let it be the last time, thanks.
Superbum
QUOTE (mfb)
blakkie, you idiot.

I forgot how name calling and belittling went hand in hand with civilized discussions.

My apologies.
Tanka
Who here is surprised that the majority of this thread is insults and horrendous retorts and counter-retorts?

I'm not.
calypso
QUOTE (tanka)
Who here is surprised that the majority of this thread is insults and horrendous retorts and counter-retorts?

I'm not.

That's what she said! (burn!)
BishopMcQ
Tanka--
I mainly read these forums for the trainwrecks and the games...if there wasn't a stream of perpetual insults from some of the established members it wouldn't be nearly as entertaining.

I personally want to go on record thanking Adam and the team at FanPro for letting us know that they are working on the problem despite the morale beating they are receiving here.
Lindt
QUOTE (tanka)

I'm not.

/sigged.
Phantom Runner
QUOTE (tanka)

I'm not.

Nope, not surprised in the slightest. ...
What has surprised me is that no one has gotten on and started a rambling incredibly long post detailing every single aspect of the binding process in minute detail. Then someone else questioning their facts, and then a large discussion about binding forms....

cool.gif
blakkie
You feel let down by the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world? Damn, sorry about that lack of professionalism. Here, does linking this help any?
Veggiesama
You fools.

You're supposed to be bitching at FanPro. Not each other!

They've turned us against ourselves!
blakkie
Pay no attention to the crazy vegetable, or anyone that suggests i'm employed by Rob to distract and divert venom spitting fanbois. rotate.gif I, umm, found this big bag of money...in...umm... the ditch. Yaaaa that's the ticket, the ditch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012