Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Code
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Lazarus
Sweet Lord! All of them! How did you know about the pla--. I mean don't be silly. Those aren't true. PHHH. You're so funny Emo

biggrin.gif
hyzmarca
Why the hell would a delta clinic want people who've had cosmetic surgery?
Capt. Dave
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Jan 4 2006, 09:19 PM)

Well, we're hardly going to implant cutting edge cyberware into ugly people.
Mr.Platinum
QUOTE (Capt. Dave)
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Jan 4 2006, 09:19 PM)

Well, we're hardly going to implant cutting edge cyberware into ugly people.

LOL.
fistandantilus4.0
Mr. Platinum: good code

emo: what the hell does your trivia quiz have to do with a runner's code!?

When it comes down to it, most runner's code is simply survival. There's things that many won't do for money, but a lot of htat changes when they're doing it to live. Guess that falls under honor in the shadows though.

As for 'rules to run by' , well, we've already gone over that pretty well. But the one universal truth should be that if you get screwed by your Johnson, get him back. The only thing keeping hte shadows going is the relative amount of trust between Johnson and runner. Mr. J trusts that you will do as you say you sill and not run off with his money so that he doesn't have to hire others to track you down. The runner trusts that Johnson will pay the balance upon completion of the job, so that he won't have to hunt Johnson down.

Runners always have to be careful not to cross the line from 'deniable'
to 'expendable'. But a Johnson can't be allowed to walk away after screwing a group. just like a bully, it'll keep going on. The truth is that Mr. J would be screwing over what is most often a group of professional killers, and said killers should respond accordingly. It doesn't have to be right away. But it does have to happen. Otherwise it's not long before Mr. J takes that step from not paying to using his assets to get his pay back over the runners dead body. That should be rule #1

Mr. Johnson doesn't walk away until the bill is paid.
Critias
QUOTE (emo samurai)
The girl scouts are linked to the UFO's. Whenever you sharpen a pencil, a percentage of the mass gets beamed into an antimatter/matter reactor aboard a NASA secret ship bound for Mars. The tradition of kissing under a mistletoe originated from a druidic fertility ritual which was brought about because popped mistletoe berries secrete a liquid not unlike semen.

Which of the above three sentences is true?

Who cares?
emo samurai
The trivia quiz was for Platinum, who said that he doesn't believe anything I say. And the whole thing about druids and semen-looking berry juice is true. And the deltaware clinic would want to know about the very best in cosmetic surgery that has gone beyond surgery, such as artificially enhanced metabolisms and elf ears that are actually the owner's ears biologically and magically made into elf ears.
The Stainless Steel Rat
All of which has exactly what to do with this thread again?
Tanka
Y'know, I keep seeing this thread and going "DaVinci Code?"

Doesn't help that I just read it, does it?
Mr.Platinum
QUOTE (emo samurai)
The girl scouts are linked to the UFO's. Whenever you sharpen a pencil, a percentage of the mass gets beamed into an antimatter/matter reactor aboard a NASA secret ship bound for Mars. The tradition of kissing under a mistletoe originated from a druidic fertility ritual which was brought about because popped mistletoe berries secrete a liquid not unlike semen.

uhhhh sea- man in side of berries? now i know your telling the truth now.
nick012000
QUOTE (Mr.Platinum)
QUOTE (emo samurai @ Jan 5 2006, 01:44 AM)

uhhhh sea- man in side of berries? now i know your telling the truth now.

Well, according to the Wikipedia article on mistletoe, they do have white berries, so that isn't surprising. I'll point out that they have a different explanation of the 'kissing under mistletoe' tradition though, dating back to the Vikings.
emo samurai
But is hunting surgically enhanced rich people for money okay, even if they aren't pissing off anyone in particular? That's the point of the plastic surgery question.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012