Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is the evilest megacorp?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jaid
yeah, just a touch.
CountZero
Out of curiousity (as this may be effecting the results), how many of you who voted for Aztechnolgy were screwed by your Mr. Johnson when working for Aztechnology (for players); or, when the players were doing a run for Aztechnology, got screwed by the Johnson (for GMs).

EDIT: For full disclosure - I voted for Aztechnology, and in the course of a run I did get screwed by an Aztechnology Johnson - they tried to kill my character with a cell-phone bomb.
emo samurai
How did he NOT get killed by the cell-phone bomb?
Grinder
The bomb didn't work/ was jammed?
Jaid
he had the flaw that makes you unable to use technology, (the one that shapeshifters have) and failed the check to answer the phone successfully? biggrin.gif

'cause that would be really quite comical, IMO wink.gif
bclements
"Damn phone!" *presses buttons, then throws the phone down in frustration* KA-BOOM!! smile.gif

I'd give some karma for that scenerio.
warrior_allanon
i voted against the azzies. It was the Maria Mercurial run that got me against them. They sent a couple of Aguilar attack helo's to try and kill me, (vindictive flaw), but i'm being subtle on how i'm getting back at them so my GM doesnt catch on

MK Ultra
I voted for the Big A. (Never played against them but screwed my players over with them some half a dozend times in all these years wobble.gif )

So, why are they more "evil" than the others? Well every corp got sweatshops, Aztec is the 2nd biggest corp in the world and first in consumers however and they need many tiny hands for those cheap sportsshoes yīknow. They allso do thair bit of "metahuman research" (Fuchi, Evo or Shiawase would not do experimentation on humans, would they). They started of as a Drugcartel, getting mineral consessions by force (better then just taking Yak- nuyen.gif like MCT did or having Triade-links like Wuxing), than they went happy Techno-Piracy-Kings, nationalizing and stuff (payed for that with Ensenada). They built Aztlan as we know and lurv it, by "allowing unstable central american nations to join" (*winx to MCT/Philipines) and "liberating" some of south NA (not just flaring up conflicts to raise weaponssailes), they also were big in Military gear these days (nut as much as Ares thoug). Than thre was Blood-Magick and Horrors, the Board kneew, thoug not all approved it (Big D probably, Roxxy was quiet pissed about Darkes influence as well), the mayority of the votes did! They scrued a lot of runners, more so, then most others (this repīs got to come from somewere). They killed the prez! or rather drove him to suicide (I liked him, cool story arc thoug). They wasted Yucatan into toxicity (is this better then MCT/Tsimshian) and killed lots of Rebells (is this better then MCT/Saito). Speaking of MIND CONTROLL, they want to spread Aztec-culture all over the world, its illigal in Aztlan to belive in anything else and they have got a damn hot pr (greatings to Horrizon). Well probably AT is less racist then the japanacorps, but it helps if you are hispano wink.gif .

So, yes, there is no clean corp, but some are a bit (realy not so much) dirtyer then the others.

Oh, I forgot, Aztec wants to take over the world (like SK, just starting the other side of the pond and a bit more south), but then again, who dosenīt?
Talain
Chiming in on Aztech because their entire Thaumaturgy department expands the horizons of magical research via Mengele-style research and let's not forget they pioneered Psychotropic IC.
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (Talain)
and let's not forget they pioneered Psychotropic IC.

Huh? That's a reason NOT to like them? I thought that's what made them such a great and wonderful corporation. I'd like to buy more of their products, because they deserve my money. rotate.gif
(btw, I voted for the Azzies, too.)
Arz
Horizon, bringing telemarketing into the 2070's. Just think of all the ad campaigns these guys are willing to do for the Azzies & SK.
Talain
QUOTE (Arz)
Horizon, bringing telemarketing into the 2070's. Just think of all the ad campaigns these guys are willing to do for the Azzies & SK.

But at least they don't do full on psychotropic IC mind control...or if they do, the Azzies did it first!
emo samurai
Their ratio has only risen by like 75% over the past week.
MK Ultra
Well the reason why I would not vote for Horrizon is because the Question was "What is the evilest megacorp" not which will be badass #1 in the futer.. And realy any corp could be more evil than all the others, we just donīt know, but we know what AT has done so they deserve the priz

Motecozuma: "Thank you very much and special thanks to my mother, cocaine, the horrors, ... whithout them this would not have hapened, thanx. Buy Quezal-Cola!"
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (Talain)
But at least they don't do full on psychotropic IC mind control...or if they do, the Azzies did it first!

And Elisha Gray invented the telephone. Your point?
emo samurai
Dude, we should have psychotropic attack programs; mind control over the internet!
stevebugge
QUOTE (RunnerPaul)
QUOTE (Talain @ Jan 4 2006, 06:29 PM)

And Elisha Gray invented the telephone. Your point?

Then Elisha Gray bears the blame for Telemarketers! grinbig.gif
nick012000
QUOTE (Talain)
QUOTE (Arz @ Jan 4 2006, 10:16 PM)

Actually, according to the novel Psychotrope, the US military developed psychotropic IC as an attempt to treat their initial Echo Mirage team from going insane when they fought the virus.
PlatonicPimp
Stupid US government, Brainwashing people into Sanity.
MaxMahem
QUOTE (emo samurai)
Dude, we should have psychotropic attack programs; mind control over the internet!

Funny, I was pretty sure that YOU were such a program. grinbig.gif At least you make me feel psychotic sometimes.

------

I voted for SK, because I just hate that dam dragon.
Frackula
FUCHI! They gave me a crappy deck so I would lose to gray IC on their Matrix in the Sega game, and then there was the mission where I had to steal the human heart!

Fortunately Fuchi no longer exists, so I will have to go with Horizon. They make spam. That alone makes them more unholy than all of Aztlan and S-K put together.
emo samurai
Dude, they ALL make spam.
Dissonance
I nearly voted for Horizon, because for the longest time, I had them confused with Verizon.

And I hate that dude.
Lividicus
LOL I work in Verizons Wireless Data Tech support department. believe no conspiracy would come from a service provider only a manufacturer. Stupid companies like palm making my life miserable day by day makes me wish that commlinks were real......
neko128
I'm amused that Aztechnology has 110 out of 147 votes.

Not surprised. I mean, I voted for them; something about evil corrupted spirits and dragons and stuff. Bad mojo. But it's still amusing.
Brahm
Aztechnology, even after being toned down to Evil-Lite by the writers. Forgive and forget does not apply if you try help the Horrors come to town.
emo samurai
Yeah, maybe I should have left Aztechnology off. There really isn't any contest.
Brahm
If you had my vote would have gone to the devil we don't know, Horizon. Found guilty by metagaming parinoia! The incessant coldcall sales phone calls I recieve myself don't help their cause either.
stevebugge
Conversely, noone seems to think ill of Richard Villiers & Company, must be a pack of Yankees fans in here wink.gif
Brahm
Not a Yankee fan, but remember this a relative thing. I wouldn't turn my back on any of these bastards. I wouldn't even stand in front facing them. But in relation to the others Villiers is just a good old boy, never meaning no harm, making his way the only way he knows how, but that's just a little bit more than the law will allow.

Lofwyr? He's just highly competent with a sideorder of evil.
SL James
QUOTE (emo samurai)
Yeah, maybe I should have left Aztechnology off. There really isn't any contest.

Paraphrasing it would just do it injustice:

I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!

Maybe a little more reading and a little less premature posting would have cleared all this up.
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (Brahm)
Not a Yankee fan, but remember this a relative thing. I wouldn't turn my back on any of these bastards. I wouldn't even stand in front facing them. But in relation to the others Villiers is just a good old boy, never meaning no harm, making his way the only way he knows how, that's just a little bit more than the law will allow.

Lofwyr? He's just highly competent with a side order of evil.

@whap Brahm

It's funny that you managed to include the dukes of hazard lyrics into it. But it also earned an @whap from me. wink.gif

As for Lofwyr, he's a dragon, of course he eats people when they displease him. But he really isn't out to destroy everything. Now Horrors on the other hand, and those who collude with them... I still view the Azzies as one of the worse, though Mitsuhama is also one I place up there.
emo samurai
Yeah, Lofwyr kind of sponsors lots of environmental reclamation research, if only because that helps his goal of long-term global domination. Villiers just really, really wants to run a company.

Why is Mitsuhama up there? I always saw them as relatively nondescript. All the other companies have something special; Renraku made Deus, Fuchi was Fuchi, Novatech was the same, Aztechnology has evil, Cross has the Seraphim, SK has Lofwyr, Ares has Knight Errant, Yamatetsu has metahumanity. What's so special about Mitsuhama? Yakuza? Big fucking deal.
stevebugge
Mistuhama might as well be called Ryumyo Sponsored Yakuza Frontmen LLC. Oh and they have a nasty reputation for overdeploying lethal black IC, and then there are their infamous "Zero Zones"
Brahm
QUOTE (stevebugge @ Feb 21 2006, 05:51 PM)
Mistuhama might as well be called Ryumyo Sponsored Yakuza Frontmen LLC.  Oh and they have a nasty reputation for overdeploying lethal black IC, and then there are their infamous "Zero Zones"

Merely misunderstood heroic protectors of tresspasser law and landowner rights.

EDIT While keeping that balanced with preservation of historic employer mandated finger-removal traditions.
September
Shiawase. Doesn't anyone remember the Shiawase decision?!?
emo samurai
That just made it the most successful megacorporation, not the worst. Plus, we're talking about "is," not "was."
Brahm
QUOTE (emo samurai)
That just made it the most successful megacorporation, not the worst. Plus, we're talking about "is," not "was."

You should remove "Cross has the Seraphim" then, or at least change the tense. wink.gif
Frackula
What is Neo Net doing right (or in this case, "not wrong")?
Brahm
QUOTE (Frackula @ Feb 22 2006, 12:17 AM)

That is a merger of Novatech, Transsys Neuronet, and Erika that appears to be primarily controlled by Richard Villers who, along with family members, had owned most of Novatech. Richard Villers has a long and colourful background in SR history. Among other things he smoothly slid himself into a key role in the history of the Matrix, not unlike a blonde-haired southern stud would slide through the window hole into an orange 1969 Dodge Charger.

--braces for another thrashing from PBTHHHHT--

He incidentally is also the only bigname offical NPC any of my characters ever met. He seemed like a nice guy, although my PC never did get around to trying to collect on that small favour Villers owed for that gunfight he delegated to us. smile.gif
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (Brahm)
QUOTE (Frackula @ Feb 22 2006, 12:17 AM)

That is a merger of Novatech, Transsys Neuronet, and Erika that appears to be primarily controlled by Richard Villers who, along with family members, had owned most of Novatech. Richard Villers has a long and colourful background in SR history. Among other things he smoothly slid himself into a key role in the history of the Matrix, not unlike a blonde-haired southern stud would slide through the window hole into an orange 1969 Dodge Charger.

--braces for another thrashing from PBTHHHHT--

Bram... no, I won't thrash you this time myself, instead I decided to outsource the thrashing like any good corper would do. I've hired Major Payne to do the dirty work on ya. Enjoy! biggrin.gif

yeah, bubba the love troll was busy so I had to settle for Major Payne instead *grumble*

Why I say Mitsuhama? Weren't they one of the big corp backers over in Tsimshian? That and their zero zones and such. I rank them as a high evil in going against and for causing havoc compared to other corp (second to Azzies).
mfb
Villiers is one of my favorite SR NPCs, because he's just a guy, yet me maintains equal footing with some of the baddest mofos on the planet. no dragons in the background pulling strings for him, no magical qabal backing him up, not even a horrible wasting disease that leaves his various parts floating in tanks. just a man with a devious mind and solid business sense.

re: AZT, sure some of its former leadership was into the whole horror-summoning scene, but nowadays they're using their horrible magical powers to make tons of money--which means they're really not any more 'evil' than, say, Lofwyr. now, Horizon? bugs. bugs.
hyzmarca
Disney. If it is still around its only a AA but it pioneered the techniques that make the big boys as powerfull as they are. Except for the blood magic they are more evil today than Aztechnology is in 2070 and it is possible that Disney is doing blood magic.
mfb
yes... i'm sure they waited until 2070 to use the horrible secret scrolls Walt received from Hitler.
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (mfb @ Feb 22 2006, 01:07 AM)
Villiers is one of my favorite SR NPCs, because he's just a guy, yet me maintains equal footing with some of the baddest mofos on the planet. no dragons in the background pulling strings for him, no magical qabal backing him up, not even a horrible wasting disease that leaves his various parts floating in tanks. just a man with a devious mind and solid business sense.

re: AZT, sure some of its former leadership was into the whole horror-summoning scene, but nowadays they're using their horrible magical powers to make tons of money--which means they're really not any more 'evil' than, say, Lofwyr. now, Horizon? bugs. bugs.

Aye, I agree with ya on Villiers, very great character without the need for magic and such.

As for Horizon? Where's the evidence of bugs? And why the fear of them? They're hear to bring us all together, striving for an ideal place where everyone can belong, you can be a member and not feel alone. Yes, the bugs are not a danger, one is a danger to themselves and only through enlightenment and understanding can you achieve the path of acceptance and inner peace. So please stop by the Horizon webpage and take a moment to sign up for your initial assessment test where we can help evaluate where you are on your path to a better you. wink.gif

edit: the cracks at disney makes me think of that one episode from the Venture Brothers...
boskop-albatros
well the bad thing disney could be doing right now is letting sexual abuse rituals go down in disney world-disney world is rumoured to have alot of child abductions and sex abuse-this can also be mixed with the LSD that is known to be used ritualisticlaly by some people who go to disney world- of course on the really HARDCORE conspiracy sites I've seen claims that Walt Disney was into Child sex abuse too-and with all those tunnels under disney world?; WHO the Hell KNOWS what goes on down there(besides them Watching You)

The Background Count in Disney World must be something else Huh??(Good and bad all at Once!)

Of Course Talking about Tunnels Ol' Commander X Siad it first about the Gum'ment and the aliens doing experiments down there under ground and the new story going 'round about the Aliens Building A Child Labor Camp Under the New Denver Airport!

Just something to thing About............
cool.gif
boskop-albatros
Back to Horizon now

It would be too obvious for Horizon to be bug what with Ares being Infilltrated by Bug...no wait thats The bugs being infilltrated by Ares.....so in a way they are assimilating each other---soon bugs will be working for(DAMM!) Knight-Errant

No Horizon is one of Three Things

One of the Main Pashions From The 4th world is reexpressing It's Self

Its That other Buried Threat form the past The Black Lodge! (Calling Mr. Denisairias)

Or It is a compleatly New thing- A Cult Corporation founded around that melingined Magical Tradition --Psionicism
stevebugge
Or another option, it really is just a new Megacorp devoted to the previously overlooked by Canon Industry of PR and Advertising. Still I suspect they have a connection to Hestaby somehow.
MK Ultra
QUOTE (stevebugge)
Or another option, it really is just a new Megacorp devoted to the previously overlooked by Canon Industry of PR and Advertising ..

Yay, sure, and NERPS does not cause cancer wink.gif
stevebugge
Wait so you are saying that in addition to Curing EVERYTHING, NERPS also cause cancer which they then cure? Wow NERPS really are the best thing evah!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012