Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What book's the best for knowing about megacorps?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
emo samurai
I know Corporate Download exists, but that doesn't seem very current, perhaps even less current than Blood in the Boardroom, which I'm borrowing. Is there any newer book that has lots of detail about the megacorps, such as the state of Renraku after the disaster with the SCIRE?
RunnerPaul
The other good Corp book is even older than Corporate Download. It's called Corporate Datafiles.
PlatonicPimp
which is even less current.

Corporate culture hasn't changed much as shadowrun has progressed. Things tend to change AROUND the corps, but the corps usually sail straight through. Sure, some make the jump to AAA, some dive into obscurity, and some (Villers) simply change teh name of their corp whenever the last one becomes inconvienent. But the culture remains the same.
MK Ultra
At least CD is set after BITB, but PP is right, both books are quiet usefull, there are also some smaller corps described in Dunkelzahnīs Secrets (also before BITB).
JongWK
Book order:

Corporate Shadowfiles --> Blood in the Boardroom --> Corporate Download

I seriously suggest getting Corp Download, an extremely good book.
Drace
I'd agree, and the part in it for the gms to use is a life saver for quick story arcs, and building sec
fistandantilus4.0
the ones that have had the biggest changes since CD are:

Cross - Lucien went bye-bye , corp is currently holding at AA while Damien Knight picks it apart

Novatech - now Neonet, merged w/ Transys Neuronet and Erika to become the third largest corp in the world.

Shiawashe - the pot has been stirred and the borhter that was in charge is now the little man on the totem pole, Rhonabwy is out, and Hitomi stands to gain a lot eventually.

MCT - hasn't changed yet but Eiji Yakamura (skag on Z-O that owns 20% of the corp) should be kicking it any time now

Renraku - The CEO is dead, long live the CEO. And the wanna be CEO is in prison for misuse of corporate funds.

Ares- well.. only diff with them is that they're getting bigger by eating CATco alive.

This is all the current biz as of post System Failure. Before that, the status quo was pretty much the same as in Corporate Download.

Oh yeah, and Yamatetsu changed their name to EVO, and Yuri (the ork CEO) announced that he has a disease that effectively ages his body faster. So he'll be busy w/ leonization treaments and such.

That's about it.
MK Ultra
Aztech - CEO Juan Azcapotzalco went up in smoke by a bombing of the 2064 peace talks with the Yucatan rebells. Yucatan becomes a semi-autonomous Province and the supposed bomb thrower, the feathered serpent Dzidbalcen was given to new Yuk-Gov Pobre (another f.s.)
fistandantilus4.0
danke.

damn i want that book to come out!

doesn't really change much though since Juan had been missing up to that point anyways. Sure it was the real Juan?
Grinder
It won't be a book... (Holostreets) wink.gif
MK Ultra
Sure it was the real Juan?

well, not in my SR for that matter
Grinder
Yeah, would be too easy.
MK Ultra
I posted a Thread on this topic some days ago
Grinder
I read it. And i would be disappointed when such a powerful being like Juan is written off by a simple car bomb.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Grinder)
It won't be a book... (Holostreets) wink.gif

I know. Stop mocking my pain man. That jsut hurts. I love that new book smell. I enjoy sitting down on the coach for an afternoon of devouring a book. I like to pore over old books years later and remember, see what has changed. Holostreets might be cool, but I still want my dead tree SoLA.

I still think Juan was being possesed by something, and his little 'package' from Big D was a way to protect himself. I'm think corrupt feathered serpent w/ possession metamagic. What else could beat Ehran at masking?! It wouldn't have to possess him all the time of course, just when it's important. makes sense to me.
Mr.Platinum
QUOTE (emo samurai)
I know Corporate Download exists, but that doesn't seem very current, perhaps even less current than Blood in the Boardroom, which I'm borrowing. Is there any newer book that has lots of detail about the megacorps, such as the state of Renraku after the disaster with the SCIRE?

yup i see many people knwo that it is corprate download.

pretty good source book i must say.
JongWK
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
I know. Stop mocking my pain man. That just hurts. I love that new book smell. I enjoy sitting down on the coach for an afternoon of devouring a book. I like to pore over old books years later and remember, see what has changed. Holostreets might be cool, but I still want my dead tree SoLA.

That makes two of us.

I know that as soon as SoLA is released, I'll print a copy with the best possible binding I can find. Hardcover, if possible.
winterhawk11
QUOTE (Grinder)
I read it. And i would be disappointed when such a powerful being like Juan is  written off by a simple car bomb.

Hey, if it was good enough for Dunkelzahn... biggrin.gif
Grinder
QUOTE (JongWK)
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Jan 5 2006, 08:38 AM)
I know. Stop mocking my pain man. That just hurts. I love that new book smell. I enjoy sitting down on the coach for an afternoon of devouring a book. I like to pore over old books years later and remember, see what has changed. Holostreets might be cool, but I still want my dead tree SoLA.

That makes two of us.

Three. biggrin.gif
Grinder
QUOTE (winterhawk11)
QUOTE (Grinder)
I read it. And i would be disappointed when such a powerful being like Juan is  written off by a simple car bomb.

Hey, if it was good enough for Dunkelzahn... biggrin.gif

Calling Dunkie's Assassination a "simple car bomb" doesn't cath the point exactly biggrin.gif
BishopMcQ
Would you rather a Thor Shot? It's a lot splashier and expensive, but the writer's might just do it... grinbig.gif
Fix-it
mmmm.... thor shots..... spin.gif
emo samurai
How about a dragon eating him? No one major has been eaten by a dragon yet.
winterhawk11
QUOTE (Grinder)
QUOTE (Grinder)
Calling Dunkie's Assassination a "simple car bomb" doesn't cath the point exactly biggrin.gif

Hence the smiley. smile.gif
MK Ultra
QUOTE (Grinder)
QUOTE (JongWK @ Jan 5 2006, 03:25 PM)

That makes two of us.

Three. biggrin.gif
Grinder
Already did so. smile.gif
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (MK Ultra)
QUOTE (Grinder)
QUOTE (JongWK @ Jan 5 2006, 03:25 PM)

That makes two of us.

Three. biggrin.gif

I think that the problem w/ PDF only (well, most likely in sections, not the full book form the rumors) SoLA is what really kills. Now, if we had both and the option to get either or, it'd be all good.Part of my is just ticked because they go on about how System Failure can still come out after SR4 because it's mostly text, not so much rules, but they can't do that with SoLA. Then others talk about how SR4 is supposed to generate more revenue , but they won't put out a book that's good to go!

As far as I understand , the Shadows of.. series has been well recieved, so I don't see why they didn't think that this one would do well on paper. I know it's been gone over and over, and the devs are probably tired of hearing it. Heck, I'm tired of whining about it. I guess I'm just ticked because I was really looking forward to getting this book. It's an area I've ben wanting to see more on, there's authors whose stuff I wanted to read, and threads I wanted to follow or see resolved.

The lost of this book has been the biggest dissapointment to me over any of the issues with the 3rd/4th edition change over, and having to wait until a new website is up and running, just to see the book make appearances in bits and pieces, for a small fee, is just.... extremely aggravating to put it mildly. I know it won't change, and I may be getting annoying some folks responsible for going on and on, but they at least appreciate that we want this book. We just want it as a book!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012