Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where's the SURGE?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Konsaki
You could always say Saytr legs could be any type of anthromophic legs... say like like a werewolf's or whatever.
Give them +1m to walk, +5m to run, +1 jump, +1DV to kicks. No bland or human looking qualities, and cloths/Full armor cost +20% due to your new freakish legs.
10BP to buy
Triggerz
QUOTE (FrankTrollman)
Chronic Osteocuspus was given a large negative value in the previous edition because it incapacitated the character for several months to get it, making the character unable to run and potentially lose their lifestyle and have to borrow money from team mates and such.

But in 2070, that just isn't going to happen. The comet passed by a long time ago, so the big incapacitation thing is years in the past - over and done with and relegated to character backstory. So the negatives are:

1. You have to get special pants (like a dwarf).
2. You heal slower (like a character with "slow healer")
3. You have to apply a belt sander to your body to have sex.
4. You stick out (like a character with non-retractable claws).

The positives are:

1. You do physical damage with your attacks (like a character with claws).
2. You get 15 BP worth of Pain Resistance.

---

Total scorecard: 20 BP worth of positives, 10 BP worth of negatives, and you need special pants and a half-hour thornicure if you want to get intimate with someone.

That sounds like it should be a zero, or even 5 BP positive quality.

-Frank

Hmmm... For number 3, you forgot to mention the part where it hurts like hell for the next four weeks as the thorns grow back, costing you 4 dice in everything you do for the whole time. You could, however, find a freaky girlfriend with some kind of regeneration power or healing magic who enjoys it a little rough... wink.gif

I would think that most of your contacts would somewhat freak out (as well as pretty much anyone else you'll ever see anywhere you go) and try to avoid you as much as possible, complicating your social life, obviously, but also your professional life as legwork becomes more complicated due to your newly-acquired freakiness. Oh! They still talk to you... most of them, anyways. But things are definitely not the way they used to be in the good old days when you were just another big troll with a HMG. grinbig.gif
Triggerz
I was going to give the big troll Critter Spook as well, but that would pretty much destroy his chances of Shapeshifter companionship. rotfl.gif Decisions, decisions... grinbig.gif
Triggerz
A quick question: Was slow healer part of the original SR3 package for Chronic Osteocuspus? I don't have my books with me here. (I only have my SR4 e-books.)
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Triggerz)
A quick question: Was slow healer part of the original SR3 package for Chronic Osteocuspus? I don't have my books with me here. (I only have my SR4 e-books.)

It was.

Chronic Osteocuspus is basically Slow Healer with a lot of bonuses, as game effects go.
Triggerz
Ok. Thanks. I wasn't sure because PlatonicPimp seems to have left this out of his description. (It might be a good thing to edit it in if you read this, PP. nyahnyah.gif )
PlatonicPimp
Like I said, I'm not touching my old conversions to fix them anymore. By the time my DnD campaign is over and I'll run SR again, all the darn books will be out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012