Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: The Fix is In
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
TinkerGnome
Silo, if you really want it to be private, then you can email or PM it to me (email prefered, I have space for like 1 PM since I never clean it out). Otherwise, just stick it in the IC thread. You can use spoiler tags if you really want, but it's not necessary.

Anyway, I owe you guys a couple of things. First is a schedule.

The day of the meet is Wed. Thursday and Friday are about the same, the team is to practice from 7a to 5p at the Everett Public Facilities. Thursday's evening is set up for sight seeing groups and there is a tour agency listed, but no other info is present. Friday night, the team is invited to attend an Arena Brawl game at the facility where they practice. (Arena Brawl is like junior league Urban Brawl.)

Saturday there is no practice, but there are several press conferences listed. That evening there is a formal dinner event listed. Sunday at 6a the team goes to the Kingdome for the game.

Weather is going to be cold and rain will move in over the week. Sunday is going to be cold but clear again.

If I'm missing any info you guys want, let me know.

On another note, once there is a chance, I'd like someone to get themselves nominated group leader (OOC is fine). The group leader needs to be the one to make solid decisions from the group discussions. Otherwise, nothing will ever get done.
Oracle
BBO is now waiting for someone to make a decission. He himself is not the right person for the leading role, and he knows that
Silo
Freebird isn't leader material either. He is supposed to be the silent, point and shoot type.

I'd say Fade is looking like the leader, although she is a complete noob. biggrin.gif

I guess Freebird could do it. Nothing says the leader has to hog the conversation. Might even be better that way.

I dunno. I will go with whatever the group wants.
Silo
Question:

how does one interact with another person's comm?

for instance, if we are all there in the same room, is there a way for me to get the "address" or whatever to call someone?

can i shoot them a text message?

what is fair game and what is considered rude?

basically, should Freebird have shot his commlink # over to Fade? or all of them?

is that possible?
TinkerGnome
A Matrix perception test will get you the device ID of another commlink. You should be able to use that to send a message. Depending on the mode folks are running in, you may or may not be able to see them. When folks go to exchange numbers, they could all go passive and it'd be a pretty quick affair.
HeySparky
Fade's commlink is running passive, but has exposed her commcode to everyone at the table. The way I imagine it is like sending a contact request on IM.

So consider Fade's commcode 'published' for each of you and no one else.

As far as an IC leader, Fade would naturally position herself there, by skill/experience (Leadership 5) and by personality. But because she's a rookie in the shadows she would rely on the other more veteran folks.

We can hash it out IC. I'm fine with that.
Silo
Okay...since i didn't know this sutff before i posted last. let's assume i put my comm code out there for everyone before leaving.

assuming that is okay.
HeySparky
Sounds good to me, Silo.

Just to keep IC thread issues current - per your request TG.

Fade has a request into her fixer (Chok) for a safe/flop house they can at least plan in, if not use as an HQ for approximately a week.
TinkerGnome
Chok comes back with a lead on a place in about an hour. The asking price is 1k for the week which is a little higher than normal, but it's short notice.
HeySparky
Any specifics so I can propogate the data to the team?

Nice place/crummy place? General location? Parking situation? Very rough layout (like one undivided room, warehouse, small 1 bed-room apartment, abandoned office space - that sort of thing)

AND

When do we get wired the up-front money?
gobogen
Priest has 2 years of experience in the shadows but is not fit to be the leader in any way. The leader, amongst other things, should have a good way to communicate with the whole team at all times, and Fade is probably best suited just for that, if not for anything else, imo. IC, Priest might not like her to be in command, but that's whole different story.

For the rest, we could each ask our contacts for a safehouse and see who gets the best result in terms of location, quality and cost.

Priest leaves a message to Freezer and asks for a short term safe house for a small team, ideally located in Everett.
TinkerGnome
It's not bad from the sound of it. Basement apartment with an alley entrance. Parking is sufficient for two normal vehicles or maybe more if some are bikes. It's a little north and west of Everett downtown, which puts it within range of the hotels and the practice grounds. It's even furnished, though the furnature has seen better days. Here is a map.
Silo
let's take that place and roll. a grand ain't nuthin.

get freebird an address and he'll be in route.
gobogen
Since the first try is so good, let's forget my idea of all trying. We should fast-forward that we all agree Fade's fixer has found the best deal and move on.
Oracle
That looks like a Visio drawing to me. Am I right? ^^

This will be fine with BBO.
TinkerGnome
You each get the advance money shortly after the end of the meet.

And yes, that's a Visio drawing wink.gif Best thing out there for quick floorplans. I have a RPG mapper program that I've had quite a bit of success using for DnD, but it doesn't work so well for floorplans.
Silo
TG, I’d like to use my paltry Data Search skill [1+3=4 dice] to run some background checks.

Also, I want to actively use Perception (Visual) [3+2+3=8 dice] in the alleyway behind the safe house.

Do you want a search for each runner?

Any modifiers on the Perception?
nick012000
I get 2 dice on the Data Search test, thanks to Hot Sim. She'll just spend however long she needs to on the extended test.
HeySparky
Fade is browsing the chip, can we get a full report on this guy's cyber/bio? (apologies if I missed it)
TinkerGnome
His physical attributes are at the limit of what bioware and cyberware can do. The full list of augmentations is (note that I allow beta grade bioware and everything on the list is betaware):

Reaction Enhancers R2
Bone Density Augmentation R4
Enhanced Articulation
Muscle Augmentation R3
Muscle Toner R2
Orthoskin R3
Platelet Factories
Suprathyroid Gland
Symbiotes R3
Synthacardium R3
Pain Editor
Reflex Recorder (Athletics skill group)
Synaptic Booster R3

Expect his physical attributes (except Body) to be solid 9s across the board.

Razorblade's matrix search turns up little incriminating. Clayton Cassano (that's the player, in case I haven't mentioned it... you figure that out quickly) is single and has a clean record as far as anyone knows. The only thing that's actually interesting is that he's quoted in several articles in the Washiongton Times about changeling rights. There is also the accompanying Humanis hatemail scattered around the net, of course.
Silo
he's a pretty stacked dude.

changling rights. hmm.
Silo
What race is he?
TinkerGnome
Human. He's not a changeling, either, as far as anyone's ever seen.
Silo
QUOTE (Silo)
TG, I’d like to use my paltry Data Search skill [1+3=4 dice] to run some background checks.

Also, I want to actively use Perception (Visual) [3+2+3=8 dice] in the alleyway behind the safe house.

Do you want a search for each runner?

Any modifiers on the Perception?

Can you answer these Qs so I can figure out what to roll?

Thanks.
TinkerGnome
Just straight rolls if you would (one of each for each player). I'll leave it up to the other players to let you know what you can find out. I have a feeling the data search isn't going to turn up much of anything on most of the PCs.
HeySparky
Fade has a background and a legit SIN. It wouldn't be too hard to find out about her.
TinkerGnome
Well, with only four dice it might be wink.gif

Unless you tell him your real name or are broadcasting your real SIN, at least.
HeySparky
Hah, yeah, four dice doesn't buy much Search-fu.
Silo
Bah...wait till you see my 4 hits.

And, let me in the safe house damn it.
Silo
Data Searches

Fade: 3, 4, 6, 6: 2 hits.

Razorblade: 4, 4, 4, 4: 0 hits.

Eddy: 1, 3, 3, 6: 1 hit, 1 glitch.

BBO: 3, 3, 3, 4: 0 hits.

Priest: 1, 2, 5, 6: 2 hits.

Perception (Visual)

In the alleyway by the safehouse: 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 5, 5, 6: 4 hits, 2 glitches.

nick012000
QUOTE (TinkerGnome)
His physical attributes are at the limit of what bioware and cyberware can do. The full list of augmentations is (note that I allow beta grade bioware and everything on the list is betaware):

Reaction Enhancers R2
Bone Density Augmentation R4
Enhanced Articulation
Muscle Augmentation R3
Muscle Toner R2
Orthoskin R3
Platelet Factories
Suprathyroid Gland
Symbiotes R3
Synthacardium R3
Pain Editor
Reflex Recorder (Athletics skill group)
Synaptic Booster R3

Expect his physical attributes (except Body) to be solid 9s across the board.

Razorblade's matrix search turns up little incriminating. Clayton Cassano (that's the player, in case I haven't mentioned it... you figure that out quickly) is single and has a clean record as far as anyone knows. The only thing that's actually interesting is that he's quoted in several articles in the Washiongton Times about changeling rights. There is also the accompanying Humanis hatemail scattered around the net, of course.

Razorblade would have searched for any information on his family during her search for blackmail material as well.

Also, Razorblade has a Tanamous contact, so if we kill the guy, we could make some decent money fencing his 'ware.
Silo
so, what is up with this game? it doesn't seem to be getting much play from everyone.

is this standard for playing by post?

TinkerGnome
PbP tends to be pretty slow, in general. That's one reason folks tend to play more than one at a time.

Anyway, on the family. Razorblade turns up that his father died of cancer three years ago. His mother is still alive and living in the DC sprawl somewhere. He maintains a healthy lifestyle for her, but there's nothing overly suspicious.

He has a kid brother, though after 2064, Razorblade can find no record of him. He appears to have just vanished.

FYI, I'm capping extended rolls at a number of rolls equal to the dice pool per the suggestions in the RAW. Razorblade had a grand total of 1 die for her searching.
Silo
I'd like to try to search some more on that kid brother. Since that was a Razorblade specific thing, do I need to wait until it is told to me?

gobogen
I think we need to do something to keep this game moving.

Also, Eddy's player Nu_Fenix hasn't been heard in a month (last post Feb 17).
TinkerGnome
Yep, things are dragging.

New IC post. If you were doing something IC and I didn't address it, just let me know here and I'll back up and address it.
Silo
I was just trying to wait and not continue to post without giving other people a chance.

Can we agree that from now on, if like 2 days pass without a post, we can move on from the current "scene" or whatever and progress the story?
TinkerGnome
Well, if we have a leader type, that person will be responsible for moving the discussions ahead as much as possible. I will be moving the game ahead again on Friday by a little bit, so I encourage everyone to have at least some plans made by then.
nick012000
Razorblade is trying to seduce Fade for the heck of it.

She'll have a base of 24 dice on the test before modifiers (and, in all probability, an "I don't swing that way" penalty). I say that it should just be a penalty (rather than simply being impossible), because A. she does have more dice on the test than a tricked out shaman using mind control and B. research has shown that women's sexuality tends to be more malleable than men's.
HeySparky
I hadn't really considered her sexuality which means she's probably mainstream. She would resist being seduced by anyone though. So how do I put up a feeble fight against Razorblade?

EDIT: She'd probably would resist being seduced by anyone especially while working. Thought I should add that.
nick012000
You resist Con tests with a (Con or Negotiation) + Charisma test. You take -1 to the test if you're drunk.

Modifiers that might affect my roll, are Fade's attitude (+2 if she's freindly to -1 if she's suspicious, another -2 if she's prejudiced as well), Fade's evaluation of the seduction (at best, it's of no value (+0), at worst it's harmful (-2), most likely it's just annoying), - Fade Street Rep (most likely 0), +1 or 2 for plausible supporting evidence, +1 if Fade's distracted, -1 if she has plenty of time to think about it. Then there are any modifiers the GM feels are appropriate.
TinkerGnome
If you guys want to play something like that out IC, feel free, but social skill tests are only effective against NPCs. PCs are immune to simple die rolls. Thus no one can force anyone to do anything.
nick012000
Fair enough. The text of the book isn't entirely clear on that.
Silo
You're more than welcome to seduce Freebird; although, you may not be prepared for the results of your actions. wink.gif
TinkerGnome
QUOTE (nick012000)
Fair enough. The text of the book isn't entirely clear on that.

Well, every table includes "NPC" and the text as well seems aimed that way. From a realistic sense, I don't think game designers typically allow that kind of thing because, well, they've met gamers wink.gif

If you want to make a roll, however, you can use that as a suggestion of how convincing your character is. The PC is then free to agonize over whether or not to accept the tantilizing offer.
nick012000
Well, the text says characters, without specififying NPCs. wink.gif

Also, I'll point out to folks that RTazorblade is by and large a con artist, so this sort of work is new to her, which is why she's throwing out a whole bunch of wacky ideas. wink.gif
gobogen
Cool. Won't change what my character thinks as long as he doesn't know. But cool. smile.gif
Silo
@TG, I am asking Chok to give me any info he can on the Johnson.
Oracle
I possibly missed that. But where is the stadium located? And what security level does the area around it have?
gobogen
When are the teams practices? I believe we already have this info?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012