Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: The Fix is In
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
HeySparky
I'm trying not to hog IC time.
Silo
i still don't get auto-notification messages. that's annoying.

Oracle
BBO agrees to the job. And now he is waiting...^^
gobogen
On the news today. An ancient dragon has eaten nicko. In an unrelated incident, Nu_Fenix is found missing this morning. Dragons are probably involved. And that's right: he was found missing.
nick012000
I'm here.
TinkerGnome
Well, please post. I'm moving things along tomorrow morning. If negotiations have not been attempted by then, they're not going to be attempted.
Oracle
Well, I don't think BBOs style of negotiations is, what is needed here... wink.gif
TinkerGnome
Well, I figured the face adept might want to give it a try since her dice pool is obscene.
Oracle
Her dice pool is not the only obscene thing on her. biggrin.gif
Silo
Freebird don't negotiate much. He mostly just nods.
Silo
Did I read right that we are getting 10,000 nuyen each and 20% of that upfront?
TinkerGnome
That is correct. So 2k up front and 8k on completion.
HeySparky
EACH?!
TinkerGnome
Yes, each.

It's not like the guy isn't guarded.
HeySparky
Sweet.

So, about that per diem...

TinkerGnome
Heh, "per diem" is another way of saying "negotiations". If someone wants to roll on it, feel free. With two grand up front, there ain't no per diem.
HeySparky
The best I got is 6 dice to intimidate the guy.

Somehow... somehow I think that's not the best course of action. smile.gif
gobogen
Come on, let the cute one seduce the guy into giving us 20k instead of 10k. biggrin.gif
HeySparky
I think, in Razorblade's case, 'cute' is probably not entirely appropriate.

wink.gif
gobogen
Ok then. Let the awesome, beautiful, charming, dazzling, enticing, foxy, gorgeous chick do it. (I was going to do all the letters but 'h' is tough cool.gif)
HeySparky
smile.gif

'hawt'

k... k is hard.. smile.gif
gobogen
Wow I'm bad at this. And well, i and j come before k. Irresistable. 'j' I dunno and k is hard lol.

Ok enough of this. Come on guys, post something!
Silo
k is for killer.
HeySparky
QUOTE (gobogen)
Wow I'm bad at this. And well, i and j come before k. Irresistable. 'j' I dunno and k is hard lol.

guh... how braindead am I?

I gave our face an opening, just waiting for nick/she to pick it up.
gobogen

I gave our face an opening, just waiting for nick/she to pick it up.

I know .. it was directed at nick and fenix. wink.gif
Silo
maybe they need a friendly kick from beneath the table.
nick012000
Negotiations test: 6,6,6,6,6,5,5,5,5,5,4,4,4,3,3,3,3,3,2,2,2,1,1,1: 10 hits, no glitch.
Oracle
Her approach is so...subtle. ^^

And an idea: Possibly it's better to give the dice rolls unsorted. This makes it easier for the GM to use additional modifiers.
TinkerGnome
Alright, updated offer. Ask any questions you might have now as the meet will be ending with the next post (Monday).
gobogen
Well we might have questions on the information we get, if the info is incomplete or to verify its quality. That could be done ooc'ly I guess.
TinkerGnome
Well, the info you get is going to be pretty basic. I have to throw it together. Essentially, it's the guy's cyberware listing (as registered with the League), the team schedule for the week, and the hotels that the team is probably staying at. It'll be complete as far as those items go.
Silo
how would the betting lines be affected by a late "will not play" call?

if it happens early in the week and is known, the lines will adjust themselves. but, if it happens late....

TinkerGnome
Silo gets a bonus karma point for being perceptive.

The Johnson did indicate that the injury should occur on Friday or later. Seeing as how it's Wednesday night, I don't think you guys could pull it off before that.
gobogen
TG: to be fair, Sparky seems to have thought of it first as Fade thinks about betting on the team in the IC post..
HeySparky
My post for Fade didn't highlight the timing of our caper, so I won't begrudge Silo any karma for that. But thanks, gobogen. smile.gif
TinkerGnome
Bah, Sparky, gob, and Oracle all end up with a karma for being very active this week.
HeySparky
Who's Bah?

spin.gif
Silo
lol...bah humbug is going to be my next character's name.
HeySparky
Nu_Fenix, I put the time only a little after when you said Eddy showed up. If that's not cool, let me know.
HeySparky
Anyone have a safehouse or other secure location where we can discuss plans? Fade is running one down just in case we don't.
Silo
Not me...but I wish I did have one.
TinkerGnome
Finding a safe house shouldn't be a problem if you have a fixer, though expect to pay a little for it. From an initial look at the data you have, it's apparent that the team you're intending to hit will be spending a significant amount of time in Everett.

I'm working on the materials right now.
HeySparky
Okay, well consider a request in to Chok to line up a place for us. If nothing else a place where we can do some early planning and get sorted out. If we need something more specific or different after that we can get that later.

Cool with folks?
nick012000
So, who's going to place bets on Seattle? wink.gif

So, are we going to start the planning?

If the guy we're after's married, I reckon that Razorblade could probably just seduce him, then use a recording of the sex as blackmail.
If not, she could seduce him, than afterwards, get him to come over to 'her place', where the rest of you guys can jump him.
Oracle
QUOTE (nick012000)

Me not. I do not trust GMs.
gobogen
If the guy we're after's married, I reckon that Razorblade could probably just seduce him, then use a recording of the sex as blackmail.
If not, she could seduce him, than afterwards, get him to come over to 'her place', where the rest of you guys can jump him.

Plan A is very risky since he might not care about the blackmail and we have no way of figuring that out. Well unless I mind probe him, which I would. I think it would actually be easier to mind probe him first and find out what we could blackmail him with if anything is possible in that regard, or maybe mind probe him while you're seducing him, I dunno.

Plan A2: Mind Probe might reveal his whereabouts. Get him and break something.

Plan B: It is probably a very good shot if we don't find any way of making plan A work.

Plan B2: Control Thoughts on the guy to get him to go where we're waiting for him.

Plan C: Snipe the guy's shoulder with explosive ammunition, anyone good at that?

Plan D: Any other ideas?
Oracle
QUOTE (gobogen @ Mar 2 2006, 01:39 PM)
Plan C: Snipe the guy's shoulder with explosive ammunition, anyone good at that?

*raises a finger* "Me!"

But possibly we should take this discussion into the inplay thread. BBO already has some ideas.
gobogen
Sure thing.

We'll probably all say what we have to say again in character, but some things are more easily said ooc. IC you sort of need to wait for everyone's answers and it can get slow imho.
TinkerGnome
QUOTE (nick012000 @ Mar 2 2006, 03:55 AM)

Whoops. I meant to add something about that. I edited the Johnson's last bit in the IC thread.

Also, the Johnson indicated (and it's generally true) that blackmail of football players is difficult because people pretty much expect them to be animals. If you get some footage of him raping a nun while burning an orphanage and shooting the fleeing children, that might work. Anything less... not so likely.

And a general note on posting and actions. I'm horrible at reading comprehension sometimes, so if you need anything from me in an IC post, I highly suggest you also put up an OOC post directed at me. I'd even go so far as to encourage a format like this:

GM: I am going to call xxx and ask about a safehouse near yyy.

It seems a hassle to do, but it'll really make life easier for everyone in the end.
Silo
i'm new to playing by post, so am i supposed to relate everything i am doing, including things away from the other party members in the IC thread?

it isn't secretive stuff...but i am not sure.

and, sorry about leaving, but fuck, its been days since anyones posted. it was either leave or start shooting the silent ones....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012