Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: The Fix is In
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Silo
practices are usually closed. that's why i was thinking it would be easier to get you in to a press conference.

unless fade has knows somebody that knows somebody that could let you in for a minute or two type of deal.

oracle, feel free to change that location to one that makes more sense...or to expand it.

it probably wouldn't hurt to check out he main stadium downtown, the practice fields, and the 3 hotels.
TinkerGnome
I owe you guys a response. It'll be this afternoon, though.
gobogen
Actually, I can't believe that a team like ours can't easily get me in the practice location. I could probably even do it by myself without being discovered. But if the practices are closed, than it is much more trouble than I made it sound, you're right. The press conference might be a good idea too, but it's hard to say what is easier to get into. My set of spells and high skill can easily get me into most places anyways, even a press conference without invitation. Only problem that can arise is a mage security at the location.
HeySparky
Fade doesn't have any Arena ball connections. The only Brawl connection she has at all any more is an attorney.
Silo
Okay, if anyone sees other ways to do this, I don't mind. I was just trying to get some balls rolling really.

We need to decide on some type of strategy though, and right now, our best bet seems to be to injure the guy.
Oracle
I agree that injuring him seems to be the best way.
Silo
Oracle, earlier, I didn't mean that we should snipe him during the game (although that might be possible) but maybe on his way in to the stadium. Like from the baseball field. Check a google sat image of that area. You can't miss it.
TinkerGnome
@Silo

Chok can only tell you that he was contacted by a fixer by the name of Morgan. Morgan's known to have contacts with Ares, Novatech, and the mafia. Which one of those contacts, if any, were responsible for sending the Johnson, he has no idea.

@All

The practice stadium is not all that far from the safehouse. It's a large public facility, and only part of it is likely to be closed off for the practices. It's probably possible to infiltrate the facility.

The arena brawl game is being held at the same facility on the arena brawl field. It's a seperate part of the facility and it's likely that you can gain normal access when the brawl teams aren't practicing there.
Silo
@TG

I'll do a search on Ares and Novatech to see if they have any skin in this game. New products anything of the like that is wound up in it somehow.

Ares: 1, 5, 5, 6: 3 hits

Novatech: 1, 1, 5, 5: glitch (do the 2 hits matter?)

After that I want to give a ring to my Lone Star buddy and ask him if he knows of a Mafia related guy named Morgan.
TinkerGnome
Silo's investigations turn up an interesting article on Novatech's alleged involement with a Matrix gambling ring, but little else of note.
Silo
Er...was that info from the glitch or the hits? I'm asking cuz I am not sure how glitches work when you get hits too.
Silo
@TG:

After that I want to give a ring to my Lone Star buddy and ask him if he knows of a Mafia related guy named Morgan.

My basic intent is to get a quick feel if this guy is "known." I'd like to actually call my contact instead of leaving him a message. If I can't get him on the comm, I will only leave a generic message for him to call me.

I refuse to let it die. wink.gif

Oracle
Hello? Anyone out there? *waiting for echo*
gobogen
I'm still here, but I've been waiting for a while.

I hate how games just die like this.
nick012000
I'm here.
Silo
Yeah....here.

So, we got a plan? Keep rollin' on?
HeySparky
Barely here. biggrin.gif

Silo
So, what was/is our current plan again?

Razorblade scoping out a hotel, looking for a drunk PR guy or someone to get close too.

Freebired was doing some background on the fixer.

Who was going to check out the arena?

Oh, and we were going to get some astral perception and mind reading action going on too.

Anything else?
Oracle
BBO will check out the arena in the following morning.
TinkerGnome
Sorry, but I do seem to have let this game mostly die. The 410 crash game is qute responsible, but my children haven't helped.

If you guys want to continue, we can certainly try to do so.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012