Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: About spirits.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Shrike30
QUOTE (emo samurai @ Feb 24 2006, 12:37 PM)
Rockman mecha will provide, like, 95% cover if I only leave the eye and mouth holes.

Nobody's figured out yet that emo's managed to create one of FASA's greatest inventions ever about a thousand years early... Elemental armor. grinbig.gif

A friend of mine is working on a library studies degree, and told me about a study recently done comparing Wikipedia to the Encyclopedia Britannica for factual accuracy. It turns out that Wikipedia's accuracy is pretty much the same as EB's. If anyone's interested, I'll ask her more about the study.
emo samurai
Nobody's figured out yet that emo's managed to create one of FASA's greatest inventions ever about a thousand years early... Elemental armor. grinbig.gif

What's so great about it? It's armor; is it anywhere near as awesome as the rockman mecha? Or is it something from Mechwarrior or Earthdawn?
Azralon
MechWarrior.
Dissonance
Emo, what you want is an above-water modified JIM suit from Rigger 3 Revised. It provided hardened armor, but requires VR control to pilot without any real nastiness. It's hardened, chemsealed, and a hell of a lot easier on your body than summoning a spirit, making sure you summon a Great Form of the aforementioned spirit, binding said spirit, and then using channeling to do it?

And if you had a spirit piloting you, you could do so much cooler than Megaman Armor. You could command the very earth to rip out of the ground and deflect ranged attacks a la Garaa /Edward Elric with sheer mass.
emo samurai
Is elemental armor magical or something? And is it awesome?

And if you had a spirit piloting you, you could do so much cooler than Megaman Armor. You could command the very earth to rip out of the ground and deflect ranged attacks a la Garaa /Edward Elric with sheer mass.

You mean possession? What does that do? I might have the book with that metamagic on loan, if that book is Cyberpirates. Does it allow me to cast? Because that's the main problem with VR piloting.
Brahm
QUOTE (emo samurai @ Feb 24 2006, 05:45 PM)
Is it magical or something? And is it awesome?

All of Rigger 3, and the errata so big it warrented the offical moniker of Revised but in truth only aggrevated the underlying problem, was a Magical Mystery Tour of stunning wonderment and titillating awesome.

It also is considered by many the very pinacle of what was the fundementally flaw in SR3.

If you mean magical in the awakened sense, no. It is a mechanical vehicle.
Dissonance
It's power armor.
Brahm
QUOTE (emo samurai @ Feb 24 2006, 05:45 PM)
You mean possession? What does that do? I might have the book with that metamagic on loan, if that book is Cyberpirates. Does it allow me to cast? Because that's the main problem with VR piloting.

You can pilot via VR and then push out of VR periodically to cast. You'll take a nasty penalty, but you can compensate for that with a couple of high Force foci. Come on, you can make it to level 4! smile.gif
emo samurai
I looked at the elemental armor. It's fat and funny looking. It is 73|-| 600PH nuyen.gif .
emo samurai
Also, if you use a spirit's movement power on, say, a car, does it throw off the driver at all? And if you're being carried by your air spirit, can you have another spirit use movement on the spirit you're being carried by so you're sped up, to, like, 300 miles per hour?
Shrike30
Depends on if the air spirit is CARRYING you to make you go faster, or just making you go faster. If it's the latter, then all you're gonna have is an air spirit that can keep up with your car, no actual speed increase.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012