Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Upcoming adventures and campaignbooks?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
zeno
Hi people!

I've been away from Shadowrun since FASA went belly up. But a friend nagged me enought to get back into this whole RPG-thing again. So I thought I would go ahead and start up with my favorite game and got the new 4th edition rulebook.
Nice looking thing so far. Haven't had any time to sit down with it yet though.

The last thing I GM'ed was the Brainscan-campaign (well I more or less stuck the Brainscan-campaign in to the existing campaign) and our group had great time.
They still make trips down memory lane and brings up scenes from those meetings.. Now isn't that just one of the best awards you can get as a GM?

Anyways! Since I'm one of those who actually like most of the so called "cannon"-stuff (I can't say that I've read that many of the novells though) I'm looking for something to bring us up to the current timeline.
I know I saw something about an upcoming campaignbook called "Critical Error"?? Anyone know anything about this? A (supposed) supposed releasedate?
Ancient History
http://srrpg.com/products/index.php
Brahm
Hot paydata from Der Deutsche Spion, MY$T1C.

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=11909
the_dunner
"Critical Error" was rolled into System Failure as the last SR3 release.

As far as announced SR4 adventures, there are only two options. The first is "On the Run" which has already been mentioned in this thread.

The other is the Shadowrun Missions campaign. While that's not available in hard copy, adventures are available as a free monthly download, starting next month.

No other adventures have been announced at this time.
Wounded Ronin
I'm actually writing a new "introductory" adventure right now for SR3. When it's done I'll post it here so everyone can tell me how it's inappropriate for beginners. And people.
Adam
If you didn't read any of the SR3 FanPro stuff that came out after FASA closed, you also missed the following campaign/adventure/plot type books:

Year of the Comet [tons of different events and plot hooks.]
Wake of the Comet [related adventure set]
Survival of the Fittest [set of linked adventures that tied in with Dragons of the Sixth World]

And System Failure, as others have mentioned.
SL James
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin)
I'm actually writing a new "introductory" adventure right now for SR3. When it's done I'll post it here so everyone can tell me how it's inappropriate for beginners. And people.

Given your recent posts, I can say for certain that the latter is nonsense. I'm sure it's clean, wholesole fun for the whole family.

Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (SL James)
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin @ Feb 22 2006, 06:10 PM)
I'm actually writing a new "introductory" adventure right now for SR3.  When it's done I'll post it here so everyone can tell me how it's inappropriate for beginners.  And people.

Given your recent posts, I can say for certain that the latter is nonsense. I'm sure it's clean, wholesole fun for the whole family.

Well, I *am* writing in Chuck Norris, and you know he's all about wholesome family fun. Just watch "Sidekicks"...
SL James
Just after I finally had it purged from my memory? Thanks, but no.
zeno
Aha I see, its in the System Failure-book.
Thanks for the heads up people!
Gonna order that whole Comet-package wink.gif

Where there any novells released that had ties to that piece of plot?
tisoz
QUOTE (zeno)
Where there any novels released that had ties to that piece of plot?

No, it has been a fasting time for SR novels. The discussion of the latest 2, actually Duels novels, can be found here.
MYST1C
QUOTE (tisoz)
QUOTE (zeno @ Feb 23 2006, 08:43 PM)
Where there any novels released that had ties to that piece of plot?

No, it has been a fasting time for SR novels.

Well, a number of novels have been published in Germany over the last years but none of them were tied to game metaplot and, unfortunately for the rest of the world, none of them were translated to other languages.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012