Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Living in the Shadows: Recruitment 2
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Cold-Dragon
I'll need that help eventually - history and geography are not my strong point. ^-^; I at least have an idea for the character at least, not just the statistics.

But I resume tweaking and stuff tonight. enjoy yourselves.
Cthulhu449
I am going to throw my hat in for this game, it sounds pretty impressive. I have a question for the "rules dm" or whoever can answer it. There are quite a few unclear points in regards to cyberlimbs currently. How do you add up all the armor on a characters cyberlimbs, and how does that number add into layered armor within this game's universe? Also, any other clarifying points about cyberlimbs that you find important to mention about LitS 2 would be a real help to me in making my character.

Thanks for the help, I hope to have a character soon.
grendel
Cyberlimb armor applies in two ways. The full armor rating is applied against attacks directed at the specific location (called shot to shoulder/elbow/knee). For full cyberarms and legs, half the armor of the pair of limbs is applied to any worn armor. So a character with a cyberarm and a cyberleg each with 2 points of armor would add two points to any worn ballistic and impact armor. This bonus does not apply to armor encumbrance rules. Cybertorso armor adds directly. Cyberskull armor is treated the same as a helmet for purposes of armor.

If a character managed to gain a full cyber replacement body (2 arms, 2 legs, skull, torso) the armor calculations would look like this:

torso + skull + (left arm+right arm)/2 + (left leg + right leg)/2

Other questions regarding cyberlimbs?
Cthulhu449
That answers it pretty much, thanks. I sent in a character history/description for approval, so I'll add this new info to the working character sheet. Thanks for the help.
Smilin_Jack
Is recruitment still open for this?

I saw the at the beginning of the thread that recruitment is perpetually open but haven't seen any movement in the thread for a while.
bishop186
I believe you don't see much movement in this thread because you don't actually post charsheets or backstories here, instead this page is for questions regarding the Guidelines in what have you.

I believe it would still be open, you just need to send your backstory/charsheet to the email. I, of course, could be terribly, terribly wrong.
Marmot
They're still up and kicking in the 'game' thread, so the body hasn't dropped to room temperature yet, I think.

And hell, what can it hurt you to send them an e-mail expressing interest, right?
WinterRat1
Recruitment is, as always, still open. You may contact us via the email in the first post: alexwong945@yahoo.com.

If you have any questions for us, you can send them via email, PM, or just post them here.

Regarding the game threads, yes we are still up and running. On the downside, we've been a little slow lately due to the holidays and a convergence of RL issues hitting a lot of the GM staff at once. On the upside, the positive of an RPG bureacracy is that we're virtually guaranteed to stay open for business. smile.gif
Digital Heroin
I'm going to toss my hat in the ring here again, I've cooked up a semi-unconventional character, but one that could be quite fun. Actually, I've cooked up the actual Digital Heroin character, just need to flesh out a rather detailed background to explain how the corporation he worked for until very recently failed to see his Awakened potential and allowed him to get cybered...
Konsaki
Ok, question on Commlinks. Can you buy them to just act as a cellphone, or do you need to buy a cellphone?
If you want to get on the matrix, can you use trodes /w a commlink acting as a deck?
WinterRat1
Currently I am unable to send PMs via Dumpshock for some reason. I don't have the time right now to figure it out, so I'm going to respond to everyone who's contacted me here in this thread.

Trigger - I received your character submission and will go over it and get back to you as soon as I can.

Smiling Jack - Go ahead and send me your character sheet, background, 20 questions, and timeline. You can PM it to me (as I can still receive PMs), but to be safe I would also email it to me at alexwong945@yahoo.com.

Konsaki - Commlinks currently function exactly as they do in SR 4 as written, with the exception that the wireless infrastructure needed to support all its features is not currently in place. So in other words, you could hack with a commlink just like you would in SR 4 if you were in Downtown Seattle, for example, because that's an upscale area that more than likely has wireless access.

On the other hand, if you wanted to hack in the Puyallup Barrens, you would almost certainly not have wireless access and would have to plug the commlink into a jackpoint (just like you would in SR3) to access any Matrix-related features.

However, the phone lines operate independently of wireless networks and therefore would always be accessible, so yes, you could always use your commlink as a phone.

As for using trodes, I am going to have to pass that along to Grendel. I'll tell him to post a response here for you. Otherwise, did I answer your questions?
Smilin_Jack
Thanks for the reply WinterRat.

I've sent off an email with my concept submission.
WinterRat1
double post
Konsaki
@WR1

Thanks for the response, and yes you answered my post pretty well.
Digital Heroin
Oh things get better and better with Wireless being a partial reality... I just need to finish up my twenty, cook up a sample post (something I always do to get into a character's head), and timeline things... then application I shall...
Konsaki
Application for Matthew Mordred sent to WR1.
Konsaki
WR1
I tried to send you a reworked charsheet via PM, but I dont know if it went through correctly. I dont really want to spam your PM box by accident, could you tell me if you received the reworked character?
WinterRat1
Konsaki - I did not receive the reworked character. Try emailing it to me at alexwong945@yahoo.com.
Konsaki
Sent
SocialChameleon
WR1,

Sent an email with a brief concept writeup.

-SC
Cold-Dragon
WR1,

Sent a PM on a request, but I don't know if your PM's are still having troubles or not. ^-^;

It does me no good to sit and be shy, so I'm prodding this thread at least to make sure I didn't get hindered by bugs (bloody insect spirits).
djinni
QUOTE (WinterRat1)
LITS Story Index Page

the link doesn't work for me...
grendel
We're in the process of attempting to consolidate our websites into either a wiki or a more user-friendly website interface. Until that time the individual storylines won't be available. On the plus side, this means you'll be exposed to all of the many and varied talent present in the LitS universe as you read through the IC threads.
grendel
For those who are harboring interest in the Living in the Shadows campaign, we are still running. PM me if you're interested in joining, but please make sure to review the appropriate guidelines thread located here. If you want to review the various character storylines to date you can find them at the Living in the Shadows wiki: http://litsproject.wikispaces.com/.
Raiden
Hey I've skimmed over the guide lines and can say I am already very interested I will read over them in depth in a bit. I have about two characters that I have put a lot of time into the stories and stuff and would love a chance to get to play them for extended periods of time. I am on a lot either phone or computer. the two characters are as follows, an ex swat gun adept with a bone to pick, and a genius hacker with an even bigger bone to pick, (and with a very big fish).
grendel
Thanks for expressing interest in joining LitS. Right now, though, our recruitment is on hold until after SR5 is out and we've been able to as ertain how to incorporate the new rules. We'll let you know when we're accepting applications again.
Moirdryd
Nice to see LITS is still about. When SR5 kicks in a may look into rejoining when recruitment opens.
Fastball
It looks like there is some activity in the IC thread. Is this world alive, or has everything moved on to 5e?
grendel
We're currently transitioning from 4A to 5 in our rules schema, as well as transitioning off Dumpshock and onto Rpol.net. If you're still interested, let me know and we can talk about character creation and campaign building.
Fastball
Hmm, I was trying to avoid having to buy more books, but I might be in touch again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012