Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Breaching a wall
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Kremlin KOA
Not really, it is harder to douse the napalm than straight gasolene

Austere Emancipator
I figure it'd be harder to douse 30 square feet of gasoline than one jerry can of napalm. smile.gif
Kremlin KOA
Yeah but spreading either like that would be problematic
OTOH you are right on one thing, renade for the can not Tracer round

Need something to spread te stuff
hobgoblin
a tracer round in a jerry can of petrol should result in something of a fireball yes. but unless said fireball makes contact with something that can burn with ease, all it will result in is some fancy pyrotechnics. a napalm area will be a more lasting problem i guess.

but then i have not tryed to blow up cans of petrol using tracer rounds...

hmm, if its distraction one wants, i think a combo of flashbang and thermal smoke should make people think something is burning, atleast for a while wink.gif

hmm, my book says that the smoke from a grenade only lasts for 4 turns. sounds kinda short to me.

as a magical alternative to the napalm, have a fire spirit make camp in the entrance area wink.gif
Austere Emancipator
QUOTE (hobgoblin)
a tracer round in a jerry can of petrol should result in something of a fireball yes. but unless said fireball makes contact with something that can burn with ease, all it will result in is some fancy pyrotechnics. a napalm area will be a more lasting problem i guess.

It won't be a fireball. Worst case scenario is that the gasoline just leaks out and doesn't even ignite. Fire a few holes in the can, and what you get is flaming gasoline leaking out of the can and spreading all over the floor.

With napalm, you'd be lucky to even get the stuff to ignite with tracer fire. Once you get it to ignite, it'd just burn in the can and on the floor right next to it.

Instead of a flashbang and thermal smoke, why not just use a WP grenade? And yes, 4 CTs for a smoke grenade is far too short. Especially if you throw it indoors without great ventilation.
hobgoblin
thing is that SR4 do not have stats for a WP grenade (yet).
Austere Emancipator
It doesn't have stats for jerry cans full of petroleum derivatives either. nyahnyah.gif
hobgoblin
heh, true. but then that was not my suggestion. i prefer to stay within what the books give me, most of the time.
Voran
I was just wondering, is a monowire 'chain saw' as loud in use as say using a regular chainsaw on something like a wall? If you took away the engine noise of a normal chainsaw, how loud is it cutting through things? Would the monowire part just make it not dull-out, kinda like dikoting the damned thing, or is it like using a monowhip on something?
Austere Emancipator
You're still crushing and tearing apart a wall. I'd say it's pretty loud.
juggertroll
nah, a troll, a crowbar and a can of nitro do the trick
Edward
On the subject of signature for a spell cast buy a summoned spirit, I would say it would be a signature unlike to eth spirit but derived form eth summoner, thus the threshold to recognise the summoner would be increased.

A can on petrol will splash around, spred all over eth lobby floor and burn for 5-15 minutes, during witch time it will go to a big fire ball. Hell good old fashioned half leater molitiovs will work just as well, not as much fuel but they light more readily.

Arranging a house call has its benefits but asking for a particular girl when you’re not a regular customer, or even asking for a rare trait she posses, will throw up red flags,

hobgoblin
just state that patron so-and-so recomended her wink.gif
Shrike30
The initial fireball and subsequent burning of a significant amount of gasoline inside a room should be enough to catch any reasonable flammables (like, say, the walls and furniture) pretty thoroughly on fire. If you're trying to make a firebomb, take your jerry can, and put a grenade inside of it. Toss that into the room, toss a road flare in after the grenade goes off just in case. The grenade's intended purpose is distribution and evaporation, not ignition.

I realize white phos grenades aren't in the rules yet, but they exist. If a player of mine just wants to use one for an ignition source for five gallons of gasoline, do you really need to cook up a damage code for the WP grenade, too? Just use the standard HE grenade code, and then add on "oh my god I'm on fire" if it's necessary.
hobgoblin
ah, silly me. i forgot that they have generic fire damage info in SR4. applying that to a HE grenade should indeed fit nicely. only problem then would be cost and availability. but then thats something the GM can wing for the moment (like say a one shot deal).
Shrike30
"What, you need a WP grenade now? Got 250 nuyen?"
Apathy
QUOTE (Kremlin KOA)
silence spell
no noise escapes the area

AV rocket + silence spell on rocket = silent wall boomage

The silence spell would only work on the portion of the wall that's in line of sight. The sound on the far side of the wall would transmit just fine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012