Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zompochalypse IC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Konsaki
As Ryan hears Stasia quickly move her rifle, he spins around and raises his hands as he drops into a defensive stance. As he looks over the man, he relaxes a bit and stands up with his thumbs hooked in his pockets.

"I doubt it, but he might... Looks more like he's lost than anything.", Ryan says in Sperthial.

He continues to look over the man trying to see if he is armed and/or dangerous.
Kiedo
Stasia looks the man over, not nessicarily checking for weapons, but just because she didn't know this person, and had a hard time trusting strangers.
Dranem
Blades cocks his head to the side, listening to the pounding sound...
"Don't like the sound of that, being this close to the morgue probably ain't wise either."
He says in a gruff voice.

When the PA system is brought to his attention, he scans through mapsofts, locating the hospital and brings up the public floor schematics. A quick node check through general systems, points to the location they need to go. He's hoping they won't have to hack anything, he's running a replacement comm and only had the time to outfit the device with general programs.
He transmits the little blue blinking locator dot and map to the team. Three green dots show the location of the team, any unknown dots within sensor range come up as yellow.
"Got a bead on it, lets move."

He calls his roto-drone in the chopper, setting it on active duty. Soon as they get near a window he'll have it join them.
Tarantula
John manages to make his way towards the hospital and looks around steering wide of the wrecked car with the woman hissing and clawing. He spots the two others in front of the hospital and shouts,
"Hey, do either of you know whats going on around here?"
GingerKid
Archangel eyes the women. Abomination. Archangel turns to the man next to him. "Her body has died and risen. Her mind appears gone. She must be stopped before she can cause harm. If you have means please assist. If not please step back."

Archangel raises his arm and a predator appears in his hand. He fires.
WinterRat1
Drifter nods at the man and steps back. The guy seems to know more about what's going on than he does, so he's just as happy to let him deal with it.

"Go ahead man. You seem to know what you're doing so if you've got a solution, by all means, be my guest."
Tarantula
John sees the gun come up and raises his hands defensively backing away a bit. After the man shoots the woman he says,

"Woah, I'm not looking for trouble, whats going on? Why is theres such a big mob around town? Have any of you heard something on the news?"
Rokur
Gabe readies his submachine gun, pointing at the doctor's face, before saying. "Gamma, taking point." His head and hands duck low, as he stealths his way across the corridors saying "Hall clear" each time he moves around corner to corner and peeks his head around.
Divine Virus
Firewatch Team
You were in a small anteroom outside the autopsy room but before the Mourge proper. The only exit is through the room where all the cadavers are stored.
You open the first doorway to see a dozen or so pushed open drawers, with bodies clammering out, more are already standing. Almost as one the turn to face you.

Drifter, Archangel and John
Two shots ring out painfully load and the womans head explodes in a plume of bright reddness. the sticky pulp rolls to the ground.
Fresno Bob
Ace looks through the room at all the bodies.

"Oh, Fuck!", he exclaims. He takes a step back as the one looks at him, and raises his grenade launcher.

"We can try to run through, or we can try blasting them.", he says, pointing the launcher at a cluster of bodies.
ludomastro
"Easy there! I don't mean anyone any harm," Lucky shouts out to Stasia and Rayn. "All I know is that there is a massive mob headed this way. The news channels are saying that we should head out of town if at all possible. The name's John, but most people just call me Lucky."

With that Lucky slowly shows these new people his Pulsar, finger off the trigger.

I hope that these two don't think I'm a threat, they look like they could tear me apart if they really wanted to.
Kiedo
"Well John do you have any connection with Wolpertingers," Stasia asks not joking in the least. She lets the Alpha drop to her side, resting inside her jacket. She again shouldered the dufflebag, and took a few backwards steps in Ryan's direction.

"I hate to leave him here alone, no telling what crazy people are going to take advantage of the chaos," she says quietly in sperithiel.
Konsaki
Ryan lets out a small sigh as he looks from Lucky to Stasia. "Fine, fine. I dont think he is too much of a threat if that is all he has on him...", he replies in Sperthiel.

He looks over back at Lucky again and gives him a hard stare. "You can come with us, but dont try anything stupid. With the fraggin city going haywire, we would be wise to work together... untill we are out of this at least.", Ryan says to Lucky in plain English.

Saying that, he pats Stasia on the shoulder and starts to head down the alleyway towards her house. As he walks, he looks for anything that might be unfriendly to his health.
Dranem
Blades cocks the grenade launcher on his riffle and grins. "Beta ready for action, I'll take the left side, firing in diagonal." Making the motions with his hands, more out of habbit than anything. "Alpha you take the right and crossfire. When the blast clears, Gama takes point and we'll cover."

He waits for acknowledgement before they move forward, who knows the others might have a better idea.
He turns to the coroner. "If you move, I will splatter the walls with your anatomy."
Fresno Bob
Ace pulls back the bolt on the Armtech MGL-12. He points the weapon slightly up, and sets the airburst to detonate over the heads of the assembled bodies.

"Works for me, Beta."
GingerKid
"Something is not right here." Archangel turns to Drifter and John. "The undead walking in the streets downtown should not happen. I must return to the church. You two are welcome to come along and take sanctuary." Without checking to see if the two men are following, Archangel takes off running back to the church.

While running he turns on his chameleon suit and pulls up two screens in his comlink. One is a local news channel, the other is a call to Cardinal Alba.

"Cardinal, contact made with undead in downtown Seattle. The abomination has been cleansed. Something doesn't feel right though. I recommend that I make my way out of Seattle. I will call you again with coordinates when I reach a green zone for extraction."
Rokur
Gabe looks in, "Maybe we should just clear a path to run through, Since it looks like we gotta kill the heads for the body to fall." He studies the shambling masses and see which area might have fewer people and a chance to escape through. "But I'm ready when you are.... I can't tell if they can see me or not."
WinterRat1
Drifter looks at John, then at the guy who just shot the woman and shrugs. "He seems to have some idea of what's going on, and if he's offering sanctuary, I guess it doesn't hurt to follow him."

That said, he turns and follows the man into the church. As he walks he turns his commlink over to the news stations to try to get an update on what exactly is going on in the city.
Tarantula
John says "Undead? What kind of undead?"

He follows the man into the church anyway... "Hows a church gonna protect us anyhow?"
Divine Virus
Ryan, Lucky and Stasia
You are walking for no more then 3 minuets when you come to a 4 way intersection. Ryan hears a noise to the right and he whirls to see a bloated looking man shambling towards the three of you.
Rokur
Gabe will attempt to clear a path as close as he can to the exit. He'll take out the Zombie closest to the KE team. Locking on target with his smartgun, he let's the SMG fire complete Full Auto burst straight at the zombie's head.
Divine Virus
Firewatch Team
The zombies head dissolves under the flow of lead. It is gone. the body leaks a bit of blood, and crumples to the floor. Rokur does a quick count, 15 zombies remaining. Blades does a quick count, 16 zombies remaining.
Fresno Bob
Ace pulls back the trigger on the Armtech, firing a frag grenade timed to burst over the heads of the largest group of bodies.
Divine Virus
The room is filled with a shower of shrapmal, blowing down the far wall and causing sever damage to the side walls. Alarms start to blare and the fire alarm goes off as the sprinkers turn on. the racing shrapnel also catches Gabe, Ace, and Blades, but it bounces off their armour. the Mortician is bleeding on the ground. All of the zombies are down, but a few of the ones away from the centre of the blast (about 4) are still moving, crawling towards you.
Dranem
Blades steps past the shattered doorway and aims to take out the remaining creatures. His riffle spits out a long burst of hot explosive bullets in as narrow a spread as possible for the most effect.
Flare Compensation kicks in as the now dark room lights up in a strobe-light effect from little flashes of mini-explosions.
Divine Virus
Bullits sprayed from Blade's gun, and ventalated one of the still moving zombies. a line way drawn across its form, the shots cutting it inhalf from crotch to collar bone. however the neck loosly held the two halves together at it dragged itself across the floor, leaving a trail of congealed blood and vital organs.
Divine Virus
the Far zombie is also raked with shots, and this time, it stops moving.
Divine Virus
The remaining three zombies continue to crawl forwards, however they do not move very quickly because of the scraps of shrapmal lodged in them. The nearest gets to its feet and shambles in to take a bite at Blades, who easily sidesteps while the other two just shamble closer.
Kiedo
Stasia turns to see what Ryan had moved so quickly about, and seesa festering hobbling man slowly making his way towards them. She again shoulders the rifle, but this time not out of reflex but out of fear.

An agent of the Wolpertingers, sent to finish the job.

"Stay were you are," she calls out, "I have no qualm with you, only your evil masters, and if you value your life you'll abandon your quest to end mine."

She gave not even the slightest passing thought to how the others would interpret her command, focusing only on the wobbling ghasty figure of the man. She gave her alpha the command to switch from safety to burst fire, and hoped what was left of the mind inside the poor man's head would heed her warning. Even with her dire hate of the infernal rabbit-abominations, she still had her senses and left the underbarrel grenade launcher on safety. If she had been any less certain of her victory over the thing she would, of course have readied it as well.

"The poor man, those evil bastards turned him into this and unleashed him to kill us," she says to Ryan in sperthiel, "The wolpertinger is a truely deadly opponent and uses many tricks. Once they even used thier mind controlling powers to convince a group of eco terrorists that they were an endangered species, and my team and I, before they fell, had to exterminate then entire group."
Konsaki
Alleyway, Downtown Seattle 10:58

"Maybe so, but looking at how slow it's moving, we'd easily outpace it right now. Lets just keep moving straight ahead and see if it follows us. If it does we can either move faster or attack it.", Ryan replies to Stasia's concerns. "Keep an eye on it while I take the point."

He starts to move throught the intersection in the same direction that they were previously going, Stasia's house. He keeps an eye out for more things that are out of the ordinary.
Wierd, but not the wierdest thing I've ever seen. Better keep a good eye out though, just in case.

Ryan dials up some numbers on his commlink as he walks down the alley. "Torold, answer the comm...", he whispers in Sperthiel.
Rokur
Gabe blinks as the grenade goes off clearing more than half the room of zombies. He then switches his gun to burst fire mode through his skinlink. I guess these fragging demons aren't as tough as I thought at first. Next he sends a short burst at the closest zombie. Then he begins to move along the right wall, and shoots another burst out of his gun. Hoping to clear the room.
GingerKid
Archangel bursts into the church, and looks around for the priest "Father. Father. Hey priest! Where is he?"

After Drifter and John come in the door, Archangel shuts and locks it. "Do not let anyone in that is acting like that...Lady was outside. She was one of the walking undead. I don't know what is going on, but an undead in downtown Seattle should not happen and is not good. I'll be right back."

Archangel goes back to his cell and pulls out his bag from the secret compartment. He makes sure the Alpha is loaded with a full clip of regular rounds and the Walther has a full magazine of regular rounds. Archangel zips up his bag and says a small prayer. With that he stands and goes back out to Drifter and John.
ludomastro
What is that thing?!? Lucky looks at both Stasia and Ryan. "Let's get out of here!" With that, Lucky heads out with both Stasia and Ryan.
Kiedo
Stasia almost doesn't go with them, she stands for a minute transfixed on the shambling thing. When lucky speaks up she snaps out of her daze.

"Tell your masters I'm coming for them," she says in russian and starts to run with the other two, keeping a constant watch on the camera screen.
Divine Virus
Lucky, Stasia and Ryan
They are hurring down the alley away from the thing when Ryan gets a catch tune stuck in his head. Really catchy. So focused on what he sees around him, Ryan starts to whistle the tune, them humm it at about as loud as he can, then
"Da-da-da-da da da DA da. Daaa Daa DAAAAA and light da dada dadada and da da DA da-da..."

Firewatch Team
THe bullits rake through the zombie, both times doing serious damage, tearing off an arm and spilling its intestines, but it keeps shambling onwards.

Archangle, Drifter and John

The three fall back into the church. The father is in the main chapel room.
"sheee" he says, "In times like this, it is most important to respect the sanctity of the church. We cannot have shouting, people must know that we are still a house of good, and they they will be safe here,.
Fresno Bob
It won't fall!

"Ah, just die you fucker!", Ace shouts. He lets the grenade launcher drop, and charges the short distance to the zombie. He twists as he nears it, and brings up his right leg, looking over his shoulder and aiming the heel of his boot at the zombie.
Konsaki
Alleyway, Downtown Seattle 10:58

"....And damn the bastards who block me! I am the Catastrophy!", Ryan starts singing out loud as he raises his fist into the air in victory. "Holy shit, he knows how to pick his answering machine BGM. Still sucks that he isnt answering...", he says as he puts his commlink back in his pocket.
He walks on ahead, laughing a bit at the song still stuck in his head, but it is more subdued than before.
Kiedo
Stasia calls up a map of thier current location, trying frantically to find an alleyway that ran west. Currently they were headed north, but pretty soon they'd have to turn. She picked up her pace a little bit, taking the lead once she was sure the agent of the wolpertingers hadn't followed.

"Once we get a little closer I can navigate the backways very good, but my stealth escape routes only take me five blocks in any direction and were a good ten west of my place," she says.

"I'm going to pick up the pace once I start seeing familiar things, I hope you boys can keep up."

The map had shown a path that cut over three blocks if they crossed the street once emerging on the road they'd need to take west, and as she approached it she slowed only to check for more rioters.

[ Spoiler ]

The streets looked like a war zone, but were for the most part empty. There were a few people walking around looking like they were in a daze, but none close enough for her to worry about. Cars were scattered around some burned some covered in streaks of blood, but Stasia didn't notice as she darted nimbly through the smoldering hunks of metal. She stopped on the other side of the street, about a meter into the alley, to watch and make sure Ryan and Lucky made it across okay. She pulled the Alpha out from under her coat and held it at her side, just in case there were more of those things.

Once both of her traveling companions were safely across, she again took the lead jogging down the alley until it turned and began heading west.

"Ten blocks to go, if you need a breather nows the time, no stops once we cross 81st street," she said matter of factly.
Divine Virus
Stasia, Ryan and Lucky

They had gone no more then 10 meters when the shambler turns into the same alley of them, and tires to keep pace behind. three more join it. You three pick up your pace a bit but find that five more shamble up infront of you, from the next convergence of alleys.

Drifter, John and Archangel
The news reports are scattered. From what it sounds like most of the city is in riots, no news from out of town, word is that the militairy may be delployed to quell things...

Firewatch Team
Ace's roundhouse kick catches the zombie in its temple, and crushes its skull. its relaxes completely and drops.
GingerKid
"This city seems to be spinning out of control. The news is talking about the millitary coming in. I don't know about you two, but I would rather not be here if the military is coming. I'm going to try and get out of the city. You are welcome to tag along if you want."

Archangel turns towards the priest, "That goes for you too, father."

Turning back to the two men who came in with him Archangel eyes Drifter and John up and down, "Do either of you have weapons to defend yourselves with? If not do you know how to use any? By the way the name is Michael."
Tarantula
John nods. "Yeah, I've got one I can use... and my fists aren't all that bad either. Getting out of town sounds like a good idea, so I'm all for that."
WinterRat1
Drifter shrugs nonchalantly. "You can call me Drifter. Any place seems to be better than here right now, if things are so bad they're calling in the military. I'm ready to leave now. Oh, and to answer your question, yes I have something I can use to defend myself, thanks."
GingerKid
"Alright lets head out. I'll take point, you may not be able to see me, but I'll be about 50 feet in front of you guys. We should open a three-way on our coms to keep in touch. Do either of you know the quickest direction out of town. Keep an eye out for a good abandoned vehicle to commondeer." Archangel sends a conference call request to Drifter and John and shoulders his bag.
Kiedo
"Drek, we're surrounded," Stasia exclaims rounding the corner and seeing the five things standing in front of her. She comes to a stop, slowly reaching down for the Alpha. Readying it she sets the mode to burst fire and unlocks the grenade launcher with a quick thought.

"I hope you boys have some serious firepower, protected by the magic of the wolpertinger coven, these things will be hard to take down," she says motioning to Ryan and Lucky to get ready and form a tight perimeter. Feeling satified they were complying, she shouldered the rifle and waited for the best time to fire.
ludomastro
Lucky picks out one of the zombies and fires his Pulsar at it.

What are these things and what the heck are Wolpertingers?
Divine Virus
Stasia's bullits tear up the nearest servent of the Wolpertingers, and it looks like he is only being held together by semi shattered bones. none the less, it keeps advancing

Lucky's pulsar strikes the Wolpertingers-thrall but doesn't appear to have much of an effect, except to make it move more jerkly then before.
Konsaki
Ryan drops down into a defensive stance as the world starts to slow down around him. He takes a breath and begins to focus on the environment around him.
Think... Think... What here will work to your advantage?!
Dranem
Blades grumbles in anger, he brings his riffle up to the bear on the remaining zombies, and snaps.
"When we shoot you, you stay down!"

Squeezing the trigger twice, letting 3 bullets go each time, aiming for the head.
Divine Virus
THe buillits rip through the zombie, tearing large peices of flesh from it, but not enough to drop it
Rokur
Gabe looks around at the destruction and starts moving over to the exit door at a run. "Gamma, scouting out exit. Leaving the rest of these scum to you fellas." With that, he fires one last short burst at the zombie and then runs to the exit, looking at the hall to see what it's like.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012