Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Street Magic now available!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
ATimson
BattleCorps now has Street Magic available to order; the PDFs are immediately available, while you can preorder print copies to ship as soon as they come in.

PDF
Book
PDF/Print Combo
Grinder
I'm awaiting first reviews by tomorrow midnight wink.gif
Brahm
Hot damn. See you all in a few days. smile.gif
Grinder
Stop sleeping, so you can finish the book quicker.

Too bad I have to finish a work for university and will be on a short vacation afterwards, otherwise I would have bought the PDF myself. Now I'll wait for the hardcopy release.
MK Ultra
Iīm salivating, but I donīt even have time to read my Runner Havens :-/

Guess the Hardcopy will take some time (at least over here).
Sunder14
I just finished downloading my copy, but I have to work in a half-hour. My coworkers are going to feel my pain, believe me.
knasser

I normally get stuff from DriveThruRPG.com but they don't have this yet. There's nothing on the Battlecorps site that gives any details about their PDFs. For example, are they watermarked like DriveThru? DRM?

If it's DRM, I'll have to wait for DriveThru. Can anyone confirm this for me, please as I'm itching to buy this?

Thanks,

-K.
the_dunner
QUOTE (knasser)
I normally get stuff from DriveThruRPG.com but they don't have this yet. There's nothing on the Battlecorps site that gives any details about their PDFs. For example, are they watermarked like DriveThru? DRM?

If it's DRM, I'll have to wait for DriveThru. Can anyone confirm this for me, please as I'm itching to buy this?

Thanks,

-K.

Battlecorps doesn't use any copy protection except trust. smile.gif
knasser
QUOTE (the_dunner @ Aug 7 2006, 02:11 PM)

Battlecorps doesn't use any copy protection except trust.  smile.gif

Their trust is rewarded! 80% downloaded now. biggrin.gif

It's times like this that make me glad I read that book on speed reading five years ago and practiced the techniques. See you all at midnight. wink.gif

-K.

EDIT: Turns to page 149. wink.gif

EDIT 2: Mantid Spirits... Karma... Ahhhh!

EDIT 3: pg 171 - What a spell! Thank goodness all Shadowrun players are mature and sensible. Oh wait... biggrin.gif
ATimson
QUOTE (the_dunner)
Battlecorps doesn't use any copy protection except trust. smile.gif

Indeed. No watermarks, no DRM. We offer plain, simple PDFs, trusting that people will consider them worth paying for. smile.gif
Brahm
QUOTE (ATimson)

Indeed. No watermarks, no DRM. We offer plain, simple PDFs, trusting that people will consider them worth paying for. smile.gif

Thank you.
Rotbart van Dainig
Well... there are some interesting changes here.
Let's just say - forget about warding cars.
venenum
Whoah... The book is already out on amazon. Oh nevever mind it says its a paper back copy and the book is paper so oh well if i had the extra mony i would buy the pdf and the book but i would prefer to have the book over the pdf so oh well.
knasser
QUOTE (ATimson)

God bless you! I don't care about Watermarking, but DRM is an abomination.

I hope you sell a million!
zero skill LPB
QUOTE (ATimson)

Sold another copy right there.

Thanks!
stevebugge
I must say I am displeased to see adept centering return to the rule mix.
Shrike30
I dunno, having ninjas that whale on guitars right before they totally flip out and kill everyone was kind of amusing...
stevebugge
It's the ones that take Zen Meditation to enhance their assault rifle skills that piss me off.

Just notied that per the rules in the BBB pg 189, Zen Meditation is no longer a valid centering choice! Time to go get the GM Nerf bat and play munchkin pinata!
Synner
Also note that Adept Centering does not generate positive modifiers.
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (stevebugge)
It's the ones that take Zen Meditation to enhance their assault rifle skills that piss me off.

That's noting - think about those using katas combined with dual pistols. wink.gif
emo samurai
QUOTE (Rotbart van Dainig)
QUOTE (stevebugge @ Aug 7 2006, 11:47 PM)

That's noting - think about those using katas combined with dual pistols. wink.gif

That is named something I like to call "AWESOME."
Grinder
QUOTE (knasser)
EDIT 3: pg 171 - What a spell! Thank goodness all Shadowrun players are mature and sensible. Oh wait... biggrin.gif

Ooooookkk... noone else here is doing it, so I will: tell me the spell, tell me!!!
Rotbart van Dainig
That's an old one... IIRC, Barbie had it online ages ago.
Kalvan
QUOTE (Synner)

Then what is the point?

Even flavor has its limits.
stevebugge
QUOTE (Kalvan)
QUOTE (Synner @ Aug 7 2006, 05:00 PM)

Then what is the point?

Even flavor has its limits.

It still reduces negative modifiers, it's just not capable of reducing every target number to 2 anymore, or something equivalent (like extra dice) in SR4
Oracle
QUOTE (ATimson @ Aug 7 2006, 09:56 PM)

I'll buy mine this evening.

Concerning the spell mentioned...what is it? Not the infamous orgasm spell, is it? biggrin.gif
PBTHHHHT
Sweet, that'll really distract the guards. How about a mass ecstacy spell? Can you imagine the after action report for the base personnel? 'At 1:45 am, you were doing what exactly?' 'We, were all... uhm... uh...'
Rotbart van Dainig
Well, the area version is called Orgy.
Hasagwan
Haven't read it all but the threats section is masterfully done. Lots of details and new ideas to torment your players with grinbig.gif
Oracle
QUOTE (Rotbart van Dainig @ Aug 8 2006, 08:47 AM)
Well, the area version is called Orgy.

You are kidding. Aren't you? rotfl.gif Imagine the possibilities. Try to sustain that spell for half an hour...
Smokeskin
The real interesting question is, will mages be able to resist casting it on themselves?

"Ok Gandalf, scout the area astrally. Gandalf? Gandalf? [notices the smile and vacant look on Gandalf's face] Oh ffs Gandalf not again"

In fact, they'll cast it on themselves, sustain it until they pass out, recast when they wake up, repeat until death.
Grinder
rotfl.gif
Rotbart van Dainig
On the other hand, spells like Bugs/Swarm are much uglier.
Grinder
But less...uhm... satisfying.
Rotbart van Dainig
That depends on the preferences of the caster.
Smokeskin
And while those security know they should be trying to resist that orgy spell, they might not want to. "But boss, he had a spell on us"
Oracle
QUOTE (Rotbart van Dainig @ Aug 8 2006, 10:43 AM)
On the other hand, spells like Bugs/Swarm are much uglier.

Nothing can be uglier than a multiple hour application of the Orgy spell.
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (Oracle)
Nothing can be uglier than a multiple hour application of the Orgy spell.

Not even bugs crawling over and into your body, trying to eat you alive?
Oracle
I assume the spell is an illusion? If so: No.
Grinder
QUOTE (Smokeskin)
And while those security know they should be trying to resist that orgy spell, they might not want to. "But boss, he had a spell on us"

And they get paid for it biggrin.gif
venenum
I cracked. I bought the pdf.

I am possesed. The book has overcome my mental barriers. Th flavor is awesome the book is worth every penny.
Synner
I think I speak for the devs and the authors when I say: thanks, that's best type of praise you can ask for. biggrin.gif
venenum
Only one thing is lacking, apet powers that are effective with melee wepons not unarmed that dont require other skills.
Moon-Hawk
What? I don't understand what you're saying.
Brahm
I think he is refering to an Adept power that can juice up a sword somehow. Like Killing Hands, Distance Strike, and Elemental Strike does for Unarmed.

EDIT Nerve Strike, Penetrating Strike, and Smashing Blow are also likely candidates of his envy.
venenum
QUOTE (Brahm)
I think he is refering to an Adept power that can juice up a sword somehow. Like Killing Hands, Distance Strike, and Elemental Strike does for Unarmed.

EDIT Nerve Strike, Penetrating Strike, and Smashing Blow are also likely candidates of his envy.

Oh yes , i just dont like how there are making you fight unarmed if you want to have cool powers. If you can light your hands on fire why cant you light your sword on fire, especially if its a weapon focus.
Critias
Because your hands are a part of you, and a sword isn't. Adepts are all about (symbolically) affecting themselves, not the world around them, with their powers. They can boost their strength, but not their buddy's. They can wrap themselves in mystic armor, but not their pal. They can heal their own wounds faster, but not someone else's (traditionally).

Internal usage of power? Adept.

External application of mystical force? Mage/Shaman.
venenum
QUOTE (Critias)
Because your hands are a part of you, and a sword isn't.  Adepts are all about (symbolically) affecting themselves,

Hence the reason i said a weapon focus
Brahm
"Killing Hands" and "Smashing Blow" is basically turning your hands into real weapons. So they would be redundent with a real weapon.

BTW there is one power that you can use your sword with, Inertia Strike.
Mr. Unpronounceable
Anyone else get a chuckle out of the newly introduced mentor spirit, Artificer?

And, what do you know, they (sort of) explained the wacky flooding pattern of LA.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012