Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sniping with Pistols
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Corywn
I'm looking for an alternative to my character's sport rifle for subtle work, and my main idea is to use one of the smaller Heavy pistols (probably Morrissey Alta or Elite.) The problem is Heavy Pistols have a relatively short range for sniping-type work, 60m, which would limit its potential use.

I have a few ideas to offer my GM, but wanted to see if anyone out there had anything already-existent to offer that I missed.

Extended Barrel: Not necessarily the exact modification from CC, but something close, to improve the range.
Heavier powder load: Similar to the Hi-C rounds, a more potent charge to improve the overall velocity of the round and therefore extend range before the bullet fizzles.
Match-Grade ammunition: Raygun's rules inspired this one; simply high-grade ammunition designed for accurate, long range use.

I intend to use a silencer with the weapon, of course, so the adjusted ranges Raygun offers will not help (they end up being the same after suppression.)

The weapon will probably be purchased on the street, and would be worked on by a contact.
Dr Vital
The most important thing in RL would be a shoulder stock, followed by a high quality sight.

Not sure why you'd need the silencer. Sniper guns don't have them... It's the distance that's going to keep you hidden.
Hot Wheels
Sniping with pistols? Suggestions? Yeah, don't do it!
Kagetenshi
Get within 60m of the target, or 66m if you're willing to spend lots of extra money on a pistol.
That's all I have for you.

~J
Erghitz
Design the gun the Joker pulled out of his pants to shoot down the Batwing in the first Batman movie. That should do it. I mean that was at least 200 meters away with that shot he made. Four times the range of a normal pistol. Yup yup. biggrin.gif

-- Erghitz
sir fwank
i'm not much into guns anymore but i know there are some competion hand guns out there. not sure what there ranges are in RL. you may want to look into something like that.

in RL there is some rifle-pistol thing. i forget the name, its a single shot break-action design. i really feel that its name starts with a C. its in the movie Hard Boiled, fired by mad dog in the underground weapons cache.

raygun may have some ideas for you.
Nath
QUOTE (Dr Vital)
The most important thing in RL would be a shoulder stock, followed by a high quality sight.

Depends on the reason you had to 'snipe' with a pistol rather than a riffle. I know that the French GIGN has in its armory 357 Magnum revolver (Manurhin MR-73 more precisely) with 8 inch barrel, mounting a scope and a bipod, with no stock. I don't have a clue on what prompt them to have those, but they probably know what they'r'e doing.
Corywn
QUOTE (Dr Vital)

Pistol with a shoulder stock? That just seems a little over-doing it to me, honestly.
Not sure why you'd need the silencer.  Sniper guns don't have them...  It's the distance that's going to keep you hidden.

2 of the 3 Canon Sniper Rifles include a silencer. The third claims to be free of the "design instabilities" of high power, plentiful ammo, a silencer, and a scope.

The main point is that currently, whenever we have an in-city job requiring a shootout, my character is left with his choice weapon, a Remington 950 with silencer, under the seat of the vehicle until we arrive. A rifle is not the most subtle thing to shoot from a vehicle, and a finely calibrated, accurate and long range pistol would be a much more ideal weapon. Also just for information, the character is an Adept with Mag3 Improved Sense, so a scope is not necessary.

Final bit is that a non-modified pistol could suffice, but I would prefer the extra range just in case.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
I got one for ya...have Hammerli make a heavy target pistol that works like their light pistol for extended range. Then get a vision magnification3 cyber of some sort and a smartlink 2 with a rangefinder.

In the end, it all comes down to not getting caught, right? So, use your stealth skill!!! A silencer'll help. Stick to urban settings and learn to use crowds, obstacles and distractions. Make sure your ammo's caseless, too. It sucks if ya forget to pick up that shell casing. Make sure any flash from the barrel's suppressed or lighting makes it impossible to determine.

Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (Nath)
QUOTE (Dr Vital @ Oct 20 2003, 07:17 PM)

Depends on the reason you had to 'snipe' with a pistol rather than a riffle. I know that the French GIGN has in its armory 357 Magnum revolver (Manurhin MR-73 more precisely) with 8 inch barrel, mounting a scope and a bipod, with no stock. I don't have a clue on what prompt them to have those, but they probably know what they'r'e doing.

French wobble.gif

It sucks if ya forget to pick up that shell casing.
brass collector ++
Foreigner
Corywn:

Check out the following Shadowrun-related website:

Bocor's Lair: http://www.bocor.net/

In the "Light/Heavy Pistols" section, scroll down until you find the "BocoTech DevilRat" Heavy Pistol--essentially, an SR counterpart to the real-life Smith & Wesson Model 500 (.500 S&W Magnum caliber), except that the Smith & Wesson has a FIVE-SHOT cylinder instead of the SIX-SHOT cylinder of the "DevilRat".

Next, check the "Special Weapons" section. Scroll down until you find the "BocoTech Demon Rat". That's a conversion kit designed to modify the aforementioned "Devil Rat" Heavy Pistol into a sniper weapon.

(Incidentally, the weapon DOES exist in real life, as the Knight Armament Corporation Revolver Rifle ("R-Squared"). It's a modified Ruger Redhawk double-action revolver firing a special rimmed, subsonic .30-caliber cartridge (180-grain/11.66-gram bullet at a muzzle velocity of 1000 feet per second/305 meters per second) . I've read that it's accurate to between 200 and 300 meters. It was developed by the same folks who designed the SR-25 .308 Winchester (7.62 X 51mm NATO) semiautomatic match/battle rifle currently in use by the spotters in Marine Scout/Sniper teams.)

Just thought you'd be interested. Hope this helps! smile.gif

--Foreigner
Arethusa
QUOTE (sir fwank)
i'm not much into guns anymore but i know there are some competion hand guns out there. not sure what there ranges are in RL. you may want to look into something like that.

in RL there is some rifle-pistol thing. i forget the name, its a single shot break-action design. i really feel that its name starts with a C. its in the movie Hard Boiled, fired by mad dog in the underground weapons cache.

raygun may have some ideas for you.

You're thinking of a Thompson Contender.

http://www.tcarms.com/contpistol/
Ed_209a
I would use a TC Contender barreled for a "whisper" round, add a suppressor, and hand load the rounds so they are still barely subsonic with the shorter barrel.

If I need multiple shots, I'll go with something like a Desert Eagle .44 or .50, with the 10" barrel and a suppressor. Like above, I would use a heavy bullet loaded to be barely subsonic.

Shadow
Personally I think sniping with pistols is just a bad idea. Every once in a while you see a movie with some guy and a fancy pistol with a barrel extension and a rigid stock. And I think to myself, "the right tool for the right job". Pistols aren't rifles, they don't have the range, accuracy, or stopping power for such a venture.

They have there advantages, there concealable and powerful at close range. But you can also get a riffle that breaks down into a briefcase or backpack and take it just about anywhere.

If your just going for size might I suggest you making all these changes to a SMG. You get better range out of it and I belive a SMG will take more mods than a pistol.
Game2BHappy
I believe the Gyrojet Pistol from CC has shotgun ranges (Extreme = 100m).
Kagetenshi
Slaughterhouse Five!

~J
mfb
without commenting on the silliness of trying to snipe with a pistol, the best way to get the maximum range on a pistol is to use mag-3 with an extended-range laser sight. this way, your base TN is 3 at any range. if you have a pistol with burst-fire, use tracer ammo--slightly lower damage on your burst, but you get an additional -1 TN. the bad part, of course, is that everyone knows where you shot from, though i don't recall if that's reflected in the rules.
Siege
I guess you had best decide on what you mean by "sniper" or "sniping" and what range you're thinking of.

If you _Really_ want to, I'm sure some weaponsmith will chop down a bolt action rifle into a hand-held model, resembling a pistol.

With the proper strength augmentations, you could hold, aim and fire the thing.

But really...do you want to be tied to a custom weapon that screams "ID me?"

The more unique the weapon, the easier it is to trace.

-Siege
Tziluthi
What about those 10" barrel Desert Eagles. That'd have a decent range, I'm sure.
Siege
Actually not.

The Desert Eagle is a relatively close-range anti-material weapon. Any person you would kill with the Desert Eagle you could kill easier with a .40 or a .45.

Contrary to what you see on tv, those guns are monsters to use. I was on the range with one and every time he fired (the guy was twice my size and he still held the thing kneeling with both hands), my eyeballs _pulsed_ two bays down.

I'm told the weapon itself is unreliable, prone to jamming and breakage.

As for range:

http://www.zvis.com/dep/dep.shtml

http://arms.host.sk/firearms/deserteagle.htm

The weapon listed is 200m, but I'm not going to guess as to the effective accuracy range.

-Siege
Arethusa
Actually, the Desert Eagle is supposedly quite accurate and often used with a scope by big game hunters with compensation issues. It isn't accuracy that the Desert Eagle fails at; it's, well, everything else. The gun is the size of your arm, can knock you over, kill your hearing, and jam if you so much as draw it incorrectly. It's a gun for bad movies and that's about it.
Siege
You might want to talk to Raygun about handguns used for big game hunting.

This one looks promising, although the notes about recoil terrify me.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/454casull.htm

If you're going to dig out a scope _anyway_, you might as well just get the whole way and get a rifle of some sort.

Most rifles will outclass almost any handgun in terms of range and accuracy at range.

-Siege
Mongoose
I think the simplest "by the book" answer would be to design a sub-machine gun that fires single shots and has a pistol-like look and ammo supply (10-15 round clip).
Unfortunately, it would use the sub-machine gun skill. If you don't have that skill, defaulting from pistols isn't TO bad, but probably not so good for sniper work. Maybe aiming would solve that problem.
Or you could just say that one gun uses the "pistol" skill just damn well because. Maybe toss on some drawbacks to make up for it, prefereably something besides just being expensive, like maybe its fragile or can't use any special ammo types or some such.
Siege
I stand corrected:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/products/firearms/m500.htm

For some reason, I remembered a revolver that could only load three rounds in the wheel but (unsurprisingly), I was wrong.

Of course, I stumbled across the monstrosity above.

If there was ever a pistol that screamed "TROLL!", I think this is it.

-Siege
Raygun
Yeah. Sniping with a pistol is generally not a good idea. In terms of Shadowrun rules, at 60 meters (with a heavy pistol), you're looking at a base target number of 9. A Mag-3 scope and a Simple Action aiming will knock that down to a 5. If you plan on using canon creation/modification rules, you can come up with just about anything your heart desires. I'm really not the person to ask about that kind of thing, but here are some suggestions where reality is concerned.

While you can use laser sights and tracer rounds to bring your target number down a bit more, you really should think about that in terms of how the opposition could react to those kinds of things. It's a very, very bad idea. At least it would be if I were running the game. (No offense, mfb. I'm sure you were aware of that fact.)

As for using suppression, it is used almost by default by snipers and sharpshooters these days. If you can afford it, you should use it. Not only does suppression make the weapon quieter, in conjunction with good fieldcraft (using your environment to your advantage), it makes you less visible by eliminating muzzle flash and smoke. When using a pistol in a close-range sniping role, using a suppressor along with it should be a no-brainer. If you have to be that close, you should also be as quiet as possible. Using a "heavier powder load" may increase velocity and energy, but if the bullet goes supersonic, it makes a lot of noise in flight, which is not a particularly good thing at such close range.

My personal favorite suggestion thus far was the suppressed Thompson/Center Contender in a Whisper caliber (say, an 8" barrel). It's a break action, single-shot pistol (SS mode), but they're incredibly accurate. I can whip up some stats for that if you're interested. Kudos, Ed_209a. smile.gif

A couple of people have suggested a Desert Eagle, but in my opinion, it would be the wrong tool for something like this. One certainly could be customized for that kind of use, but you'd be spending a lot more money than you need to. You could make heavy bullet subsonic loads for it, but the pistol would also have to be modified a bit in order to function with the smaller powder charge because it is gas operated. You could repeat fire much quicker, but you'd be sending brass flying (another visual signature to deal with) and a brass catcher really isn't practical on a Desert Eagle.

IMHO, the idea of "pistol sniping", even though it has been thoroughly explored in the past (ala the KAC Revolver Rifle that Foreigner mentioned), doesn't seem like a particularly smart or useful way of going about the whole thing. It seems desperate, really. From a shadowrunner's point of view, I can't think of a situation in which I'd actually want to do it, and I can think of quite a few other ways of accomplishing the task I'd try out first. Of course, it all depends on the situation and it's always good to keep your options open. There are lot of ways to conceal yourself if you have to shoot, but there are a lot of other, much sneakier ways of going about assassination.

But if I absolutely had no other choice, a very compact (say, 8-11" barrel) gas regulated and suppressed AR-15 (M16) type rifle chambered for .300 Whisper with a decent low magnification scope or red dot sight would be my choice. It would be small enough for most uses, accurate enough to 100 meters, very quiet, and it could be switched to full-auto should defense be necessary.
mfb
none taken. but i thought magnification in shadowrun was a straight reduction in range category, not reduction of TN--as in, mag-3 reduces the range cat by three levels, to short, bringing the TN to 4.
Modesitt
If your DM allows full use of the CC weapon creation rules...

Frame: Sporting rifle
Design Options
Ammo Load: Break Action(-5 DP, +1 conceal)
Barrel Reduction(+8 DP, -.5 FCU, -.25 weight, +2 conceal)
Bullpup Configuration(+25 DP, -.5 FCU, +2 conceal)
Firing Mode SS(-5 DP)
Improved FCU 4(+40 DP, +1 FCU)
Increased Power 2(-.5 FCU, +160 DP, +.5 weight)
Weight Decrease 6(+30 DP, -1.5 weight)

Final design: Conceal 7, Ammo 1b, Mode SS, Damage 9S, Weight 3.25, Cost 1890.
If you desire concealability, the ability to have a silencer, and raw stopping power, you've found a new best friend. Add a silencer, a scope design of your choosing, a laser sight, and you're good to go. Reason they're not built in is that they reduce concealment. You can just attach them on location if you like. Plus, you can save money by swapping them between various guns. You can also use it with your Rifles skill, so no need to invest in Pistols.

If your DM doesn't allow the above...

Morrissey Elite's a keeper.

Depending on just how good you are with a pistol, the Walther PB-120 is an option. Load it with capsule rounds that contain the deadly toxin of your choice, fire one or two shots at the target, and let the poison do the rest.

The Elchiro Hatamoto is a good gun if you only care about getting the gun TO the target and not actually hiding after the first shot. Well, you CAN hide but it's going to be damned obvious to everyone that someone had their head blown off and people will be looking for you.
Crusher Bob
There are some 'hunting handguns' that are typically available in the 'lighter sport rifle' calibers like .240, .250, and so on.

About 200-250 meters in range and maybe 6S or 7S in SR terms.
mfb
those are probably, by the rules, rifles like the one presented above. i do the same thing, adding burst-fire and 20-round clips to a rifle in order to represent higher-powered assault rifles. it irks and annoys me that you have to use a seperate skill, but that's the rules.
Corywn
QUOTE (Modesitt)
If your DM allows full use of the CC weapon creation rules...

Frame: Sporting rifle
Design Options
Ammo Load: Break Action(-5 DP, +1 conceal)
Barrel Reduction(+8 DP, -.5 FCU, -.25 weight, +2 conceal)
Bullpup Configuration(+25 DP, -.5 FCU, +2 conceal)
Firing Mode SS(-5 DP)
Improved FCU 4(+40 DP, +1 FCU)
Increased Power 2(-.5 FCU, +160 DP, +.5 weight)
Weight Decrease 6(+30 DP, -1.5 weight)
Final design: Conceal 7, Ammo 1b, Mode SS, Damage 9S, Weight 3.25, Cost 1890.

That's something I hadn't considered before. Although, there are a few circumstances that limit me here, mostly personal style.

So, I've designed my own variation:
Frame: Sporting Rifle
Options: Ammo Load (Clip), Barrel Reduction, Bullpup, Increased Power 2, Selectable Clip, Weight Decrease (1k)
Customizations: Extended Clips (+1/+4, so 5/cool.gif, Silencer, Extended Laser Sight, and Personalized Grip
Final: Conceal 4, Ammo 5c/8c, 9S, SA, 3.35kg (~7.5lbs), Cost 4,000 nuyen.gif .

Now, to soften the blow of "Designing" this weapon from scratch, what I'm going to offer to my GM is having some of my character's suitable contacts hack up a Remington 950 and reconstruct it as this weapon (paying both costs, worktime, etc), so that some of the work fully designing a firearm has been done.
Ed_209a
Regarding the T/C Contender, I recently saw a folding stock handgrip as an Contender option. With the stock folded, using the 8" barrel Raygun mentioned, the compacted weapon would be about 2" longer than it's scope.

Sure, that would make it a rifle, not a true pistol, but still interesting for compact, accurate firepower.
Fortune
QUOTE (mfb)
it irks and annoys me that you have to use a seperate skill, but that's the rules.

Assault Rifles are considered Rifles in my games. I don't see the need for a seperate skill for each.
Shadow
Well for one there built completly different. Theres a vast difference from firing a single shot bolt action riffle, then firing a M-16 in burst mode. Granted there isn't as much difference as there is between a pistol and a riffle but theres still a difference.

I'm not sure first ed didn't have it right with the "firearms" skill. But with it this way it allows for you to trick out your character a whole lot.
Fortune
QUOTE (Shadow @ Oct 22 2003, 11:40 AM)
Well for one there built completly different. Theres a vast difference from firing a single shot bolt action riffle, then firing a M-16 in burst mode.

While that may very well be true, IIRC not all the guns listed under the category of Rifles are bolt-action weapons.

That being said, combining the two categories works for my games, and that's all that really counts. smile.gif

I prefer the seperation of firearms skills from a GM point of view.
mfb
the difference between firing a bolt-action .223 and firing a .223 M-16 is so small as to be almost non-existent. the way you hold the weapon is the same, the way you sight is the same, the way you breathe is the same. the difference between bolt-action and burst fire is already handled in the rules, with recoil and firing mode.
Corywn
QUOTE (mfb)
the difference between bolt-action and burst fire is already handled in the rules, with recoil and firing mode.

It is, I don't recall anything specific.

Both the Sport Rifles listed in SR3 are bolt action, and they're SemiAuto.
Shadow
I agree that the principle for firing any fire arm is the same. breathing, sighting, and the squeeze of the trigger. But having fired a variety of weapons I can say that there is a difference between firing a riffle and an assault riffle. Is it enough to justify another skill I don't know. But if you take someone who has only ever fired riffles (not milspec stuff) and give him an m-16. It will take a hundred rounds or so for him to acclimate.
mfb
you'd get the same difference if you went from the M-16 to an AK. all weapons have their idiosyncracies, but the basic principles behind firing an AR and firing a hunting rifle are the same.

i mean, let's take a hunter who's used a bolt-action rifle all his life. hand him one of the 'rifles' i mentioned above, which include burst fire in the design. by your logic, he should have to use a different skill to fire that rifle; by SR rules, he uses the rifle skill.

the difference between bolt-action (single-shot or semi-auto, depending on the weapon) and burst fire is the firing mode and the recoil. this is, to be honest, plenty; there's no need to set up rules that require two different skills to fire the Bushmaster and the M-16.
Shadow
There are two skills in SR, Riffle and Assualt Riffle. If you use a riffle you use the riffle skill. If you use an asualt riffle, you use the AR skill.

I think if we want to continue this (I don't) we should move it to a new thread, I don't want to hijack the pistol sniping thread.
mfb
i know there are two skills. that's what i have a problem with.

yeah, if you wanna start a new thread, i'll jump in. i'm too lazy to start one of my own.
Foreigner
Corwyn:

There may also be a police-only variant of the Magnum Research Desert Eagle which might fit your needs.

It has (what appears to be) a barrel between 12" and 16" long, with a built-in muzzle brake (Gas Vent, in SR terminology) and telescopic sight mount base.

In addition, there's also a detachable metal skeletal shoulder stock with cheekpiece.

My source (THE ULTIMATE SNIPER: An Advanced Training Manual for Military and Police Snipers, by Major John L. Plaster, U.S. Army (Ret.), Copyright © 1993 by John L. Plaster and Paladin Press, pages 208-209) doesn't say which calibers it comes in--I think it's available in all of the standard calibers for that model: .357 Magnum, .41 Smith & Wesson Magnum, .44 Smith & Wesson Magnum (a/k/a ".44 Remington Magnum"), and .50 Action Express.

Also, at the time the book was printed, the weapon was still in the prototype stage of its development. I don't know whether or not it actually became a production item.

Also, keep in mind that, SR notwithstanding, .44 Magnums and similar high-powered pistol and revolver cartridges are viable propositions out to 600 yards in the hands of an experienced shooter.

In 1956, the late Elmer Keith, who was instrumental in developing the .44 Magnum cartridge, took one of the first production Smith & Wesson .44s, with a 6.5" barrel (then known simply as the ".44 Magnum"; it was assigned the model designation "Model 29" later) on an elk-hunting trip in Montana. Firing from the prone position, at a range of between 550 and 600 yards, he hit his target--a Mule deer buck--twice out of six shots fired; the first shot went completely through the animal's face in the cheek area, with the second completely penetrating the chest cavity, damaging both lungs, breaking two ribs upon exit, and leaving a .60-caliber exit wound. The second hit was crippling, enabling his hunting partner, Paul Kriley, to finish it off with a single shot from his rifle. Kriley was armed with a hunting rifle, chambered for the .300 Winchester Magnum, and had previously wounded the animal in both forelegs--his shot had nicked the back of the deer's right leg, then broke the left one.

--Foreigner
Arethusa
Holy thread resurrection, Batman.
SpasticTeapot
My GM is going to hate me when I ask if I can buy one of these fron an antique store.

EDIT: Here's a few to look at:
http://www.shootingusa.com/SIGHTING_IN/7_H...un_hunting.html
Amongst conventional revolvers, the Smith & Wesson 500 12" barrel seems to be similar to the guns mentioned above. (I've yet to shoot a real pistol, and never intend to.)
They also sell hunting handguns intended for use with rifle cartridges. Wether these are any good, I do not know, but they look pretty scary if nothing else.
The Grifter
I don't know about range, but how about using a C96 Mauser 1932 Broomhandle? It has a detachable stock that doubles as a holster, and is chambered in 7.63 mm.

Seems like this might be a moderately effective sniping pistol.
SpasticTeapot
Here's a link to the Mauser mentioned above:
http://www.rt66.com/~korteng/SmallArms/msrstock.htm
And here's some specs:
http://www.rt66.com/~korteng/SmallArms/mauser96.htm

A 6" barrel seems to be a bit short to me, but that's not my place to say.

EDIT:
I'm making a particularly nasty pistol-adept, and want to know if anyone could throw out a few SR specs on the pistol chambered for rifle ammo mentioned above. I'm thinking along the lines of 8S, with a range table roughly 1/2 of that of a real rifle. The firing rate would be SS; you'd have to spend a full combat turn to fire one because it's a break-loader, if I'm not mistaken. Concealibility perhaps around 4-5, including scope.
The Grifter
If you're making an adept, I'd say scrap the scope, spend the .25 of a power point for Vision Magnification, and then you could use it with any pistol. But that's just my opinion.

As for stats, 8S sounds pretty steep to me, but then again I guess it would depend on what type of rifle round the handgiun was chambered for.
Charon
Say your cybereyes have the vision magnification enhancement. And you have a smartlink.

You could be sitting in a park with a silenced pistol on your lap, hidden by a newspaper. 50 meters accross from you, your mark is mowing his lawn or sunbathing, whatever.

Using your smartlink and you are able to aim at the target without having to get into marksman position. Lock your arm against the bench to handle recoil and *pop*.

Then you get up and walk away.

RL it ain't, but it's good enough for SR, I dare say. And that's as close as sniper work with a pistol as I can imagine.
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Charon)
Using your smartlink and you are able to aim at the target without having to get into marksman position. Lock your arm against the bench to handle recoil and *pop*.

Except you can't use a Smartlink with Vision Magnification of any kind.
hyzmarca
For a good pistol sniper start with an Adept. Fancy modifications just get in the way.

Give him
Stealth 6
IA: Stealth 6
Disguise 6
Pistols 6
IA: Pistols 6
Athletics:6

Vision Magnification

And whatever else flaots your boat. Negoation (Fast talk) 4/6 is good as are any sensory powers.

Sniping isn't just about range. It is about finding a vantage point from where you can shhot your target without being seen. Range helps but there are places where it is impossible to get decent range. Inside an office building it would probably be wiser to snipe with a pistol from the air ducts than trying to find someplace where you can get the necessary range to justify smuggling in a giant rifle.

As the character gains karma, initate and get Centering (stealth), Centering (pistols), and attunment metamagics in whichever order you feel is best.

For a pistol, don't bother with custimizing untill you have attunment. Any generic wepaon will do untill then. USe get an extended laser sight to help reduce TNs when you don't have time to aim. It should be avoided as much as possible, however. The red dot can give your intentions away.
A customized grip or heavy barrel can help with recoil when you have to shot more than once, which probably won't be often.
When you have attunment get a simple weapon with a custom grip, enhanced concealability, and +1 power. An extended barrel may or may not be helpful, depending on your willingness to sacrifice concealability.
Fortune
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
As the character gains karma, initate and get Centering (stealth), Centering (pistols), and attunment metamagics in whichever order you feel is best.

Just a note to remind people that Adept Centering applies to whole categories, not just individual skills. The first is applied to all Physical Skills (Athletics, Stealth, etc.), and then others can be acquired for other categories such as Ranged Combat, Melee Combat, Social, B/R, etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012