Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Mirrors in the Shadow
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Cold-Dragon
This is, yes, you guessed it, the OOC for the MitS! (ironic with the acronym, eh?)

Here is for all those important little OOC moments for my game. Questions, rolls, rewards, and so on. Those not in the game are semi-allowed, in that I would prefer you had a good rason for posting in here if you're not part of the game.

Otherwise....working on the IC version now!
Cold-Dragon
Well, this is rather embarassing (though predictable, since I'm not a major history/geopgraphy/similar sort of person). I go and finally hunt down where Seattle is, and unless I missed a couple of fellow cousins by the same name, it's in Salish-Shidhe Council territory? What the hey?

So I'm all confused there, heh. Maybe I should just pretend we're in a place of my liking? nyahnyah.gif

Ah well, wherever we are, it's Seattle.
GodaimeSama
And there we are. The first PC post.

*sighs* Here's to hoping for next time.
BlackHat
Sorry, missed this thread popping up somehow. smile.gif WIll post something by the end of the day (will be working on it while at work for the next couple of hours).
Cold-Dragon
Understood, and take your time. ^-^
BlackHat
One question: I didn't see when the meet was planned to be at... one post refered to 10 another to 8, and I didn't see it in the main post.
Cold-Dragon
It was deliberately vague that way, essentially letting you decide 'when' you left and got there. THe time looks like it's at 8 or whatever, according to Godaime and Kray, so stick with that.
BlackHat
Posted. Didn't spend as long as I said I would on it, but you were online, so I thought I'd hurry it up a little (plus, I'm not sure who else will be at the table when I got there, so I didn't want to describe it much further)...

Didja like how I made Knives late because I was late IRL? biggrin.gif Lolz, I R so witty.

Anyways, unless there is any trouble getting directions to the elf, I'm set to arrive "fashionably late" but have no idea what he (or anyone else) at the table looks like.
krayola red
Oops, I didn't notice that Godaime had already established a time. My previous post has been edited accordingly.
Cold-Dragon
Online and now going to evaluate and discipline anyone that needs it...kidding. wink.gif heheh.

edits for any relevant details afterwards (if neccessary).
BlackHat
I want to show up late, so whenever the other two are through with introductions I'll make my dramatic hasteful entrance. =) Feel free to queue me you two. wink.gif
Cold-Dragon
Fine by me, and so far no one gets hanged. wink.gif Just waiting for JackRipper, if he pops in.
krayola red
Just so you guys know, JackRipper mentioned on another thread that he's been having computer problems, which is probably why he's still inactive.
Cold-Dragon
He PM'd me on that. said he's make up a post to put when ever he was on a more reliable computer. Which is why I'm leaving open part of that chance, of course. If it really causes issues, he can 'join in' later on or something. ^-^;
JackRipper
It seems to be working again (my connection) I'll still reserve my right to cuss about Embarq as I dont find them that reliable.

And a BIG apology to my fellow players for the hold up.
Cold-Dragon
Apologies from myself too for my periodic quiet times. I generally can't get on until the late night. ^-^; (darn that college and babysitting and eating and sleeping...I don't need the sleeping to live!)

Oh...really?

I was just informed by a professional doctor that you do ineed need sleep to live! Well dang...guess I should get one of those sleep regulators.

Ah, by the way Jack, you missed a little something here on your nose...*puts a / into a bracket* wink.gif

No worries, I have fun finding those, lol.
krayola red
10k total only? Our Johnson is a total cheapskate. nyahnyah.gif
Cold-Dragon
lol. Well, maybe he's a small john? *shrugs* Or maybe what he's asking for is really quite simple. wink.gif
krayola red
Negotiations roll to see if I can squeeze some more out of him:

1, 6, 3, 5, 2, 5, 3, 2, 4, 5 = 4 hits

Hell, I might as well toss some Edge into that to reroll failures:

5, 2, 5, 5, 4, 5 = 4 more hits, for a total of 8 hits.

Edit: I have no idea about the capabilities of everyone else's characters, so if someone thinks they'll make a better face, feel free to do the negotiating instead.
Cold-Dragon
Hrm, well, you did roll, and use edge, so...depending what happens, I'll see if that has use or if you get your edge back. ^-^;
krayola red
I'm guessing the Negotiations roll failed miserably? This guy is one tough cookie.
Cold-Dragon
Nono, it's not that so much as you (or I, if I haven't figured it out yet) saying he's not providing information when he's told you it's all in the envelope with the other stuff. wink.gif So he's a bit taken aback by what is either forgetfulness, lack of brain matter, or quite possibly himself forgetting to say something. wink.gif

And depending what it turns out to be, will determine what your roll does if I decide it still applies in some fashion. (if it turns out void, you get your edge back, however).
krayola red
QUOTE (Cold-Dragon)
Nono, it's not that so much as you (or I, if I haven't figured it out yet) saying he's not providing information when he's told you it's all in the envelope with the other stuff. wink.gif

Problem is, we can't open the envelope until we accept the job, so at this stage of the game, it's useless to us. That must mean he's hiding something. eek.gif

And depending what it turns out to be, will determine what your roll does if I decide it still applies in some fashion. (if it turns out void, you get your edge back, however).

Hell, since I only have 1 Edge anyway, I'll just sleep it off.
Cold-Dragon
Heh, well, that's fair point. Good for you for thinking more shadowrunny than me at the time. >.< I'll see what I can weedle out.
krayola red
Well, it's the job of the players to be cautious, because we all know GMs are evil bastards who would hesitate at nothing to screw us over. wink.gif

I'm kidding, please don't burn me.
Cold-Dragon
*Puts warm water by your bed for later*

Burn? No burning here. wink.gif

It's true, I will try to kill you given a good excuse.
Cold-Dragon
Yes, eat your fill Clay. Eat, eat it all, all of it I tell you! Muahahahaha!

...oh...wait, I'm suppose to be subtle. Right....*slinks*
Cold-Dragon
For the sake of charging you money (and because it gets us some dice practice) go ahead and roll negotiation if you want to be persistant with your getting a room for free Red. Otherwise, just play along with the fact he says no.

Assume you have that +2 advantage, but keep them separate from regular dice if you do it.

*goes and makes first IC response*
krayola red
Okay, here goes:

08 08 05 04 04 03 03 02 (Skill + Attribute)
01 01 (First Impressions Bonus)
Total # of Hits: 3

Clay's going to do everything he can to drive down the price, since 750 is almost a tenth of our cut from the job. Also, he's a miserly bastard, due to being practically homeless and whatnot. smile.gif
Cold-Dragon
...where'd you get 8's from???? O_o
krayola red
I'm using the NSRCG SR3 dice roller 'cause it rocks, and I'm too lazy to change them back to 6s since it doesn't really matter anyway. nyahnyah.gif
Cold-Dragon
Ah, okay. That helps to know then. smile.gif One moment and I'll see what you manage.
krayola red
Hmm, did we get any money upfront for expenses from Mr. Firebright? I forgot to ask about that.
Cold-Dragon
He never gave any such thing, so nope! wink.gif You may have to mooch off your new 'friends' or else find some alternative to paying Mr. Dwarf.
krayola red
Alternative, eh? How about killing his sorry...oh wait, I'm not playing a murderous psychopath. Nevermind!
BlackHat
YOU'RE not. wink.gif Let me at em
BlackHat
Also, it seems I never rolled strting cash for Knives? This jive with what you have CD?

I don't have my book with me this weekend, so I am not sure what to roll. I assume it would be unlikely for me to have less than 150 bucks, so if I have that much, I'm in... otherwise, I will have to mention not having any cash too. biggrin.gif

Will look it up when I get home tonight - unless someone wants to let me know wht someone with a low lifestyle should roll.
Cold-Dragon
Yeah, I kinda forgot to have people roll that, heh. Whoops!

Low 3d6 x50, +1 on the roll for every 100 nuyen you have leftover from using resources (to a max of +9).
BlackHat
[3] [4] [1] = 8x50 = 400 nuyen, and I am in for my 150... so 250 left
JackRipper
Guys, Having connection problems again at home. Sorry about that, i hate Embarq. If i'm not doing anything you can post me as mumbling in a corner or laughing at a joke no one else heard. I'll also understand if you think it's better to cut me.
Cold-Dragon
I'd try to keep you in Jack, if this doesn't become too much trouble, but if you go missing for a few days at a time, I will go ahead and possess you for those moments. *patpats* Sorry about your connection. Have you trie threatening it when a 9 iron or telling it you'll throw it skyclad into a room full of surly dwarves?
Cold-Dragon
...I can't help but notice things have been quiet. ^-^; Do I need to provide more things to reply to? Are people just distracted and busy with life? Do my letters smell? I know Jack has his net troubles.

Just in case there are problems...
GodaimeSama
Eh... don't know what to say?

Or, I have a character who's just a little too taciturn to state an opinion without it being directly asked for...
krayola red
Post up to get things rolling. smile.gif

By the way, Fuchi? When's this game taking place? question.gif
GodaimeSama
Fuchi? What about them?
Cold-Dragon
In theory, Seattle, which in theory is in Salish Sidhe. The map and whatnot was so damn confusing...heh. I think I gave warning about my problems with that, yes?

Anyways, Fuchi would matter if they have people working for them in the area. There is the Matrix, after all.

Oh yeah, when...uh...whatever year it is? ^-^;
krayola red
Fuchi crumbled and reincarnated into Novatech a long time ago, which itself folded and was reborn into NeoNet shortly after the second Crash. Assuming we're playing on the standard SR4 timeline, Fuchi does not exist and has not for over a decade.
Cold-Dragon
Odd, I guess I read a name badly in the book then. >.< Damn.

Okay, pretend it's 'Puchi' for now, with no major relation to a megacorph. I'll tweak the letter information, etc.

And if Puchi means something really bad, tell me asap. ^-^;
krayola red
XD, Puchi. wobble.gif
JackRipper
Well, with a name like Puchi none of us will ever brag about it.

CONVERSATION OVERHEARD IN A BAR

So, there I was about to make this run, the target was Puchi.

Wait chummer...you hit poochie?

Yeah, Puchi.... what of it?

Man, youre sick.

What? what you mean?

LOL...sorry just struck me as funny (the whole word play thing)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012