Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Release Dates
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Prime Mover
I see in sr3-sr4 conversion guide list of future releases. Augmentation,Arsenal,unwired and players companion. Surfing forums I see Emergence (setting book with technomancer info?) and corp zones. Am I not seeing complete list somewere or just isnt one.

Looking for complete list upcoming products and/or release dates or pretty much open ended?

(thanks ahaed of time if anyone can help)
Synner
This has come up several times. The current release schedule has no definitive dates but the books will be coming out in approximately the following order:

Emergence [on final approach] - setting/campaign book set following the turmoil in 2070.
Arsenal [on final approach]- advanced rulebook for guns, vehicles, tech and gear of all sorts.
Augmented - advanced rulebook for all types of cyber, bio, nano, genetech and a few surprises.
Corp Enclaves- second core location book focusing on Tokyo and LA.
Unwired - advanced rulebook for the Matrix, hackers, riggers, technomancers and a few surprises.

Further down the line:
Feral Cities - core location book focusing on, well, cities gone feral.
Running Wild - Critters, pets, and paranormal guard animals.
Awakened Haunts - core location book focusing on Awakened sprawls and sites.
Runner's Companion - Player's companion, think MrJLBB meets SRCompanion meets Sprawl Survival Guide.
Corporate Guide 2070 - Corporate Download 2.0
Zolhex
Corporate Guide 2070 - Corporate Download 2.0 nice this should be cool now they just need to update the Shadow Beat book.
fool
fuck yeahx2
Zen Shooter01
I'm about the only person who liked Shadowbeat. I thought it offered a lot of very interesting angles for campaigns and PCs.
Prime Mover
Thanks much, now can spend too much time looking foward to the releases. lol

Been playing since version one and 4th edition has really reinvigorated my grp for the setting, we've put all our other games on hold, back to running the shadows. Cant wait to expand the 4th edition goodness. (tired of converting a half dozen sources on the fly)
Tekumel
QUOTE (Synner @ Oct 8 2006, 12:06 PM)
Emergence [on final approach] - setting/campaign book set following the turmoil in 2070.
Arsenal [on final approach]- advanced rulebook for guns, vehicles, tech and gear of all sorts.
Augmented - advanced rulebook for all types of cyber, bio, nano, genetech and a few surprises.
Corp Enclaves- second core location book focusing on Tokyo and LA.
Unwired - advanced rulebook for the Matrix, hackers, riggers, technomancers and a few surprises.

Does anybody else see the illogic in the ordering of these two? I mean, if you're going to write a major book focusing around TMs...shouldn't they be given all of the resources of Unwired?
BlueRondo
The first book acts as a teaser.
Tekumel
Uh...I dunno if you've read the Matrix section of the SR4 core book, but...they've already got the perfect teaser.

I mean, it's got just enough of a taste to give you an idea of what's going on, but still leaves you waiting in anticipation for the REAL Matrix rules to come out.
Synner
QUOTE (Tekumel)

Does anybody else see the illogic in the ordering of these two? I mean, if you're going to write a major book focusing around TMs...shouldn't they be given all of the resources of Unwired?

There are very good reasons for the books being published in this order and they will become apparent once Emergence is out. Some of the surprises that we've reserved for the Emergence campaign would have been blown out of the water if we introduced them in a dry rules context first.
dog_xinu

The order was based on the amount of data that changed, importance, etc. Including tweaking rules/ratings to make things equal. You dont want one uber-class and the rest all 3rd-rate. The guys are busting humps for the new books.

I can not wait til they come out either. My mouth is watering waiting for arsenal.

dog
Ancient History
QUOTE (dog_xinu)
The guys are busting humps for the new books.

Guys and gals.
Slithery D
Can you put cooties in a DMSO shot?
Cognitive Resonance
QUOTE (Synner)
QUOTE (Tekumel @ Oct 8 2006, 09:03 PM)

There are very good reasons for the books being published in this order and they will become apparent once Emergence is out. Some of the surprises that we've reserved for the Emergence campaign would have been blown out of the water if we introduced them in a dry rules context first.

Please don't make the magical. I love technomancers, please don't make them magical.

::CogRes begs for his namesake's mundane-ocitiy::
Ancient History
No, it requires aura-to-aura contact.
James McMurray
Don't worry, they won't make them magical. I believe it's been said several times by many different authors that technomancy (despite the name) is not magic.
Cognitive Resonance
QUOTE (James McMurray)
Don't worry, they won't make them magical. I believe it's been said several times by many different authors that technomancy (despite the name) is not magic.

Phew, I hadn't seen one of those.

Thanks for the re-assurance.
TheRedRightHand
QUOTE (James McMurray)

Really? I kind of figured that's the way they were going with it. Not that I mind either way it turns out, but if they are not magical, then why does their power decrease with their essence rating? If magic is not involved then it really shouldn't matter. Also why can't you be awakened and a technomancer? From a rules point of view I can see them not wanting to allow any character to get to powerful and unbalanced, but from a setting point of view why would this be impossible unless Technomancers were magical already?
James McMurray
Not that I mind either way it turns out, but if they are not magical, then why does their power decrease with their essence rating? If magic is not involved then it really shouldn't matter. Also why can't you be awakened and a technomancer?

From a rules point of view I can see them not wanting to allow any character to get to powerful and unbalanced

You answered your own question. The flavor text of it will hopefully be in Emergence, but the real reason is game balance.
Jaid
game balance? are you crazy?

you mean, "they didn't want someone to condemn anyone's character to either an existence of suckitude beyond all comprehension, or to sudden painful death from getting up off of their couch"?

because i assure you, there is absolutely nothing powerful about a techno/magician build until you start tossing around phrases such as 'thousands of karma' or 'massive house rules'.
hobgoblin
thats until we see what unwired have in its back pocket.
FlakJacket
Could we maybe get one of the admins to start a new thread with the release schedule information in it and then sticky it so people don't keep asking?
Mistwalker
To tell the truth, I was rather surprised that there wasn't a sticky with the upcoming products, and guesstimates on the release dates already up.
TheRedRightHand
Well a couple of weeks ago they said that the offical shadowrun site was going to be posting a release schedule on thier site. So maybe they were going to wait for that to go up (but of course it never happened).
Adam
Swamped with BattleTech, and I have visitors this weekend. I've blocked off some time for getting new release info up on srrpg.com this upcoming week.
TheRedRightHand
Sweet. smile.gif
Kyoto Kid
...one would think that a useful sourcebook like the redux of SR Companion/Mr J's BB, would be more towards the front of the bus than second to last.
Blue eyes
Any chance of getting a bit more info about the plotlines in Emergence?

Does it rly mainly focus on matrix/technomancers plot threads ?

I ofc understand the need to have some focus on the latest matrix/tech development since its such a big part of 4th edition. But hopefully we will also see more political and magical oriented plotlines too, since we already had quite alot of focus on tech/matrix in the last plotbook "System Failure".

Heres hoping for more info about the military coup in UCAS, what happend with Sato in Calfree, the armed conflict between Salish and Tsimshian, hopefully an update on Atzlan and the rebels in Yucatan, how the young emperor is doing in Japan and maybe even the emergence of a new race like the windlings ? wink.gif
Synner
Emergence begins to unfold in 2069 when technomancers finally begin to make it into the headlines and creep into public awareness. If you're wondering what took so long, remember that technomancers are very rare and the rest is explained in Emergence. Numerous social, political, and corporate ramifications. plots, and shockwaves result from this emergence and especially the circumstances surrounding it. And then the surprises kick in. ;)

The way it is written makes the unfolding events compatible with most people's campaigns involving technomancers with minimal retconning (ie. TMs are an open secret in the shadows by March 2070).

While Emergence does involve technomancers and the Matrix it is not focused on the Matrix but rather on how society (or societies) and the streets react to events.
Casper
QUOTE (Jaid)
game balance? are you crazy?

you mean, "they didn't want someone to condemn anyone's character to either an existence of suckitude beyond all comprehension, or to sudden painful death from getting up off of their couch"?

because i assure you, there is absolutely nothing powerful about a techno/magician build until you start tossing around phrases such as 'thousands of karma' or 'massive house rules'.

I could build a magician that would not suck and probably be the most dangerous of the group as well. Why, cause when its one on one the mage wins.
lorechaser
Ah, but could you do the same after sinking a couple hundred bp in to making him a Technomancer as well?
Lebo77
QUOTE (Casper)
I could build a magician that would not suck and probably be the most dangerous of the group as well. Why, cause when its one on one the mage wins.

Not unless he goes first and is aware of the threat. If either of these is not true, the sniper wins. nyahnyah.gif
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Lebo77)
QUOTE (Casper @ Oct 9 2006, 02:08 PM)
I could build a magician that would not suck and probably be the most dangerous of the group as well.  Why, cause when its one on one the mage wins.

Not unless he goes first and is aware of the threat. If either of these is not true, the sniper wins. nyahnyah.gif

...*Bang* - the mage is dead

...from a distance of 1.475Km with APDS

...within maximum range of sniper rifle and I believe beyond the range of a detect enemies spell (provided the mage even has one up at the time).

-Jill
knasser
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
QUOTE (Lebo77)
QUOTE (Casper @ Oct 9 2006, 02:08 PM)
I could build a magician that would not suck and probably be the most dangerous of the group as well.  Why, cause when its one on one the mage wins.

...*Bang* - the mage is dead

...within maximum range of sniper rifle and I believe beyond the range of a detect enemies spell (provided the mage even has one up at the time).

-Jill

One of the things that I like about the Shadowrun system is the way that tactics and preparation matter so much more than a particular character build. Thus we avoid all the daft discussions about which sort of character is more powerful than which that other game system communities suffer from so much.
Zen Shooter01
For the love of humanity! For Mom, God, and apple pie...! Do not start another magician vs. street samurai thread! I swear on my mother's teeth, I will skin each and every one of your pets! Blaaaaaagh!

And by the way, a magician is anyone with a Magic attribute. Mages are a subset of that category. Thank you for using the proper nomenclature. smile.gif
WhiskeyMac
So it's safe to say we will see addition of the safehouse edges/flaws system from SSG adapted to SR4? That was one of the coolest things in that book and had me geeking out for about 4 months afterwards.

Also, with the tech books are we finally going to get some common drones and typical things found in a corp enclave or 2070's suburb? I always liked the idea of that robot bartender from The Fifth Element showing up to serve drinks. "You want some more?"
Jaid
QUOTE (Zen Shooter01)
And by the way, a magician is anyone with a Magic attribute. Mages are a subset of that category. Thank you for using the proper nomenclature. smile.gif

actually, magicians are a specific kind of person with a magic attribute. spirits (including many who are not magicians), paranimals (again, many of which are not magicians) and non-mystic adepts are definitely not magicians. mystic adepts are somewhat debateable.
Ancient History
I'm gonna have to go with Zen on this: if it has a Magic attribute, it's a magician.
Blue eyes
Ty for the update Synner smile.gif

Hope some of the past hooks I mentioned will be followed up on in future releases.
Casper
QUOTE (Synner @ Oct 8 2006, 05:06 PM)

Feral Cities - core location book focusing on, well, cities gone feral.

Awakened Haunts - core location book focusing on Awakened sprawls and sites.

so for Feral Cities i foresee Chicago and maybe Milan

Awakened haunts, Prague and what else?
kzt
QUOTE (Casper)
so for Feral Cities i foresee Chicago and maybe Milan

Actually most SR cities are Feral cities by the definition used by Richard J. Norton in his War Naval College Review article, which is where the term was created IIRC.

http://www.nwc.navy.mil/press/Review/2003/...mn/art6-a03.htm

"The putative “feral city” is (or would be) a metropolis with a population of more than a million people in a state the government of which has lost the ability to maintain the rule of law within the city’s boundaries yet remains a functioning actor in the greater international system.4

"In a feral city social services are all but nonexistent, and the vast majority of the city’s occupants have no access to even the most basic health or security assistance. There is no social safety net. Human security is for the most part a matter of individual initiative. Yet a feral city does not descend into complete, random chaos. Some elements, be they criminals, armed resistance groups, clans, tribes, or neighborhood associations, exert various degrees of control over portions of the city. Intercity, city-state, and even international commercial transactions occur, but corruption, avarice, and violence are their hallmarks. A feral city experiences massive levels of disease and creates enough pollution to qualify as an international environmental disaster zone. Most feral cities would suffer from massive urban hypertrophy, covering vast expanses of land. The city’s structures range from once-great buildings symbolic of state power to the meanest shantytowns and slums. Yet even under these conditions, these cities continue to grow, and the majority of occupants do not voluntarily leave.5 "
Kyoto Kid
...sounds like Chicago.

...maybe also Amsterdam & Warsaw
FlakJacket
I would have thought that Nagasaki would have been a shoe in for being one of the two main cities featured in feral cities but after seeing Tokyo, I refuse to use the Neo part, is going to be heavily covered in Corporate Enclaves I'm not so sure. Two cities in the same country that close together just seems a little overkill, although possibly as one of some other cities covered in less detail ala Runner Havens maybe.

QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
...*Bang*  - the mage is dead 

Which is when the detect bullet spell that's linked to a bullet barrier one anchored in one of his rings activates and the APDS round gets stops dead in mid-air. nyahnyah.gif
hobgoblin
thats why you shoot two times wink.gif
unless the barrier stays up after triggering that is.

still, whats the chance of a APDS going thru a bullet barrier?
need to read up on the rules for that...
FlakJacket
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Oct 10 2006, 02:49 AM)
Unless the barrier stays up after triggering that is.

Don't see why not since you've effectively cast and 'paid' the drain for it and its been activated. Should be just like casting it normally and then sustaining it until you let it drop. And if I was in that position I certainly wouldn't be letting it drop until I found some solid cover without a bloody good reason.
hobgoblin
point well made.

i guess i stil have the grimoire 2 system in my head, where a sustainable spell dropped at ones unless there was some sustaining time buildt in.

btw, who decides when it drops, the wearer og the creator?
Jaid
that would have to be one heck of a barrier to stop a bullet fired from a sniper rifle using APDS.
FlakJacket
QUOTE (hobgoblin)
BTW, who decides when it drops, the wearer og the creator?

If you mean as in if the magician was creating these foci and then hiring them out as a service, I'd say it depends on which edition your running. I'd generally say it's up to the magician that cast the spells sinces he's having to sustain it, but with fourth edition I think they introduced something about the foci having to stay in contact with the bearer so that's one way they could break it.

I don't normally use anchoring much even when playing a full magician so my memory of the rules and knowledge of the new system is kinda hazy.
Slithery D
SR4 Street Magic rules are that sustained spells cast in a sustaining focus are sustained until dispelled, deactivated by the caster/foci bonder by touch, or for Force hours if nothing interrupts it.

The average SR4 Physical Barrier spell is good for stopping hold out pistol rounds and not much else except a few extra armor points. If your GM uses a harsh/literal interpretation of the "fail on piercing" rule they are considerably more worthless than an Armor spell.
knasser
QUOTE (Jaid @ Oct 9 2006, 10:06 PM)
that would have to be one heck of a barrier to stop a bullet fired from a sniper rifle using APDS.

Force 15, to be precise, assuming 8P, -7AP and no additional bonus damage.

Ouch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012