Pages: 1, 2
EVLTIM
1 of The Neo-Anarchist's the Guide to Real Life
1 of Prime Runners: A Shadowrun Sourcebook
1 of Tir Na Nog (Shadowrun 7211)
1 of Shadowbeat (Shadowrun, No. 7109)
1 of Underworld Sourcebook
1 of California Free State

Yeababy . Almost there AH . Gotta find Aztlan , Denver , and Harly is back . spin.gif

Kagetenshi
Stiggybaby used to still have some Denvers, got mine from them.

~J
Shadow
Not to step on Fortunes toes...

Linkage
Ancient History
Heh. Once you equal me (dinnae forget the novels, boyo), you must then surpass me...by equalling Adam. Mwa ha ha ha.
Grimtooth
So what books does adam have that the rest don't?

I'm missing the new Sprawl Sites, and that Into the Shadows Graphic novel.

that's it.

Oh and Silver Angel from the 1st edition Game screen. Still haven't been able to find that.

What else is there to get except multiple copies of Denver in the Shadows for all the sector passes?
Ancient History
Adam-san has an official Shadowrun phonecard from Japan, and has recently taken to collecting all the international Shadowrun books, like the France Sourcebook, the German FanPro products, etcetra.

I can't compete. Even with my minis.
Siege
Ye gods, you people frighten me.

The "New" Sprawl Sites? Time to practice my Google-Fu.

-Siege
Grimtooth
Whoops it meant Sprawl Survival Guide.

Sprawl sites is mondo old.

My bad.
Grimtooth
I started thinking about taking up German just so i could read the novels and books not published here.

Miniatures are something i didn't get into. I lost patience after painting all those old D & D minis from eons ago.

Not sure if i'd want the french sourcebook. It would conflict with my OFFICIAL/CANON German Sourcebook grinbig.gif
Hot Wheels
SR books are easy to come by but WW Tribe books aren't. frown.gif. Clans yes. tribes no frown.gif frown.gif
Adam
QUOTE (Grimtooth)
Not sure if i'd want the french sourcebook. It would conflict with my OFFICIAL/CANON German Sourcebook grinbig.gif

Oh, you almost certainly don't. smile.gif

BTW, there is no "Graphic Novel" of Into the Shadows; just a trade paperback and a slightly larger paperback.

I'm currently waiting on one of Japanese SR products to arrive. smile.gif
Grimtooth
Adam

I saw that into the shadows book on ebay billed as a graphic novel. Seller must've misspoke.

Which Japanese product?

Where and how do you get the lists of the products from over seas?
Adam
Which Japanese product?

I'm actually not sure. I just know it was cheap and something I didn't already have. Unfortunately, the Japanese SR core book was around $100US, and I don't have that kind of cash floating around.

Where and how do you get the lists of the products from over seas?

Typically from the publishers websites or by talking to people who live or visit there. Obviously it's easy to get the German products, and with Quebec nearby getting French language products isn't that difficult, either.
Grimtooth
Is SR big in Japan?

Does it have an anime feel to it?
Game2BHappy
I have a Shadowrun DocWagon First Aid kit that I must have picked up at GenCon one year. That one probably only saw one production run. smile.gif
Siege
Does it have a secret compartment for a heavy handgun?

-Siege
Grimtooth
Now that gencon is closer to me i gotta go to both Origins AND Gencon.

I got a press pass from the election. It was for the Brackhaven party. He was a Humanis puke i think.

Bleh. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Personally i voted for the dwarf eco nut.
EVLTIM
Soka for the Linkage Shadow , but I am a little taped out at the time now .frown.gif

I know I still have a ways to go . I only have 4 novels , but I wanted to catch up on my US source stuff first . A lot of this I have been searching for for years .Right time right place for once I am always a step behind .
For instance the last time I saw Guide to real life , my friend reached out and grabed it just as I saw it . frown.gif
The up side is allof it was less than $100 , so I don't have to here to much screaming from the spousal unit .smile.gif
TinkerGnome
QUOTE (EVLTIM @ Oct 23 2003, 01:27 PM)
Soka

If that's in a language other than Japanese, what's it mean? If it's in Japanese...

QUOTE (Inigo Montoya)
I do not think it means what you think it means.
EVLTIM
QUOTE (TinkerGnome)
QUOTE (EVLTIM @ Oct 23 2003, 01:27 PM)
Soka

If that's in a language other than Japanese, what's it mean? If it's in Japanese...

QUOTE (Inigo Montoya)
I do not think it means what you think it means.

Maybe I brain farted but I always took it as OK / thanx dependeding on cotext of te sentace it is in .
Grimtooth
i always thought it was meant for checking comprehension.

Ie "No elves, soka?"
EVLTIM
QUOTE (Grimtooth)

Ie "No elves, soka?"

Yea like in that context Soka = OK . But I could swear I saw it in Cannon some where used as a thanx . frown.gif
I probably just brain farted .frown.gif
Grimtooth
oh well

7 of one and a half dozen of the other....

soka? grinbig.gif
EVLTIM
QUOTE (Grimtooth)
oh well

7 of one and a half dozen of the other....

soka? grinbig.gif

spin.gif
TinkerGnome
QUOTE (Grimtooth @ Oct 23 2003, 01:45 PM)

Ie  "No elves, soka?"

Yep wink.gif I'm really just giving EVLTIM a hard time over it. Generally (not always), if a phrase ends with "ka" in Japanese, it's a question (the "ka" actually being a spoken question mark). "Soka" generally is a question along the lines of "Is that so?" It's generally used to seek confirmation of something.

"So desu ka." is an ultra common phrase which means "I understand" and is an obvious exception to the "ka" = question thing.

[edit] SR seems to use "so ka" where "so desu ka" is more correct. However, it's quite possible that "so ka" is used that way in the future (or even now, in slang, for all I know). The original use seemed to be more along the lines of "thank you", which is a different world alltogether.[/edit]
Grimtooth
now that we have soka cleared up

What is kanawagaso? or kanawagesu?

Not sure of the spelling.

It was a phrase used several times in the novels and on the 2nd edition contacts sheet for the Elf Poser contact.

TinkerGnome
Heh, an exact spelling would be helpful wink.gif Not something I recognize (my Japanese is mainly from 15 hours worth in college and a little other stuff) wink.gif
Siege
Or it's supposed to be an imagined Sperethiel phrase.

-Siege
Grimtooth
I'll jump in my way back machine when i get home tonite and dig out my 2nd edition contacts book.

Postage will follow
Shadow
Soka is Shadowrun slang from first ed. It means a couple of different things if I remember. Anyone want to show the Geek-Knight Hood, and give us a direct quote from the first ed book?
k1tsune
I've heard "So ka" used by Japanese. Yeah. "So desu ka" is pretty much equivalent to saying "Is that so?" in English. Often "A, so desu ka!" (Oh! Is that so?) and doesn't require a response.
...yeah. I've been studying Japanese for a little over a year and can still only understand about 25% of normal conversation. Especially in anime and stuff. That's way more informal than they normally teach us gaijin weirdos.
EVLTIM
QUOTE (TinkerGnome)
QUOTE (Grimtooth @ Oct 23 2003, 01:45 PM)

Ie  "No elves, soka?"

Yep wink.gif I'm really just giving EVLTIM a hard time over it. Generally (not always), if a phrase ends with "ka" in Japanese, it's a question (the "ka" actually being a spoken question mark). "Soka" generally is a question along the lines of "Is that so?" It's generally used to seek confirmation of something.

"So desu ka." is an ultra common phrase which means "I understand" and is an obvious exception to the "ka" = question thing.

[edit] SR seems to use "so ka" where "so desu ka" is more correct. However, it's quite possible that "so ka" is used that way in the future (or even now, in slang, for all I know). The original use seemed to be more along the lines of "thank you", which is a different world alltogether.[/edit]

Vindication . Yes . rotfl.gif

Adam
Is SR big in Japan?

My understanding is it did well, but 3rd Edition has not been published there.

Does it have an anime feel to it?

Yes. As an example, the linked image is a cover of a "replay" book, which basically describes a Shadowrun session in words. http://www.talkinabout.com/gfx/ext/shadowr...un_replay_1.jpg
Shadow
Bah anime = %90 garbage, %10 greatness.

I love the idea that people are influenced by other things, and then they take them and make them there own. But I have only seen a handful of anime moveis that are worth the film there printed on. I would hate to see SR go all aime (thankfully it wont).
Kagetenshi
It's true; a lot of people don't realize that there is much, much more anime out there than what shows up in the US, and that for the most part what shows up here is among the best.
I still wish they'd hurry up and bring Memories over here, though. That is a beautiful movie.

~J
Grimtooth
Shadow - I'll pick up that gauntlet if i get the chance tonite. biggrin.gif
TinkerGnome
Some of the best Anime of all time is already here. Berserk is a personal favorite, though I haven't had a chance to check out the domestic version yet. Most of it, however, is garbage. On a non-anime (but still japanese media) note, I've been thinking about running an SR game based loosely around Battle Royale. Imagine, a group of despised metahuman teenagers sent off to an island with the caveat that after x days, one survivor would get to come home (if there was more than one, of course, no one goes home). Murder, blood, mayhem devil.gif
Shadow
You know, theres a north amercian native tradition where people gt exiled to islands after commiting crimes. It hapened in Washington State a few years back when a couple of native youths mugged and/or murdered a pizza delivery guy (can't remember which). One chose exile and got sent to an island for two years, the other chose prison.

It would make an interesting shadow run..... never mind.
smilbandit
The true meaning of So Ka
Grimtooth
Back to the original topic of scoring SR items, did anyone see on ebay the NERPS Inauguration pass?

Keith Richards, 120 years old and still rockin'!

Cool stff
Game2BHappy
Just because someone asked...Pg. 11, SR1: "'So ka,' Ghost whispered to himself in understanding."

pg. 161 under "Glossary of Slang in 2050"
"So ka (jap) I understand. I get it."
smile.gif
snowRaven
Dunno how I compare to AH in shadowrun stuff, but I can't beat adam - I have no foreign material at all

Own all published SR adventures, sourcebooks, gm screens, and rulebooks, except SSG, Rigger 3 revised and Character Dossier - haven't gotten around to them yet - HiTech & LowLife, DMZ, Sprawl Maps, all novels (and a bunch of the trading cards)

I am missing some minis too - the 'new' ral partha 3rd edition set, the museum scale troll, Lofwyr, plastic Feathered Serpent, and the Grenadier Western Dragon, and one or two of partha's blister packs...plus a number of grenadier ones that I decided were too crappy to buy.

Yes, I am a Geek. Oh, and I haven't started collecting Duels yet - hard to find over here in sweden. I have almost no ED stuff though - AH beats me by far there I think wink.gif
Abstruse
I'm 5 books shy of owning all the game books and about a dozen or so away from all the novels. Now if I can just find them all...

Unfortunately, I don't have any of the rare stuff...all I have is my CAS Sector residence pass in my wallet (I lost the 24 hour Aztlan pass long ago)...

Anyone know a good place for finding the weird stuff like the medkit? I've never seen any of the convention goodies on ebay...

The Abstruse One
Buzzed
eek.gif I got my Denver from the Green Bay airport gift shop! It's true. eek.gif
TimeKeeper
I found a near mint UB, SR1 (first print, hard cover), Maria Mercial, VR 1.0, Grimore (1st), PAoNA, NANs (both volumes), and tons of other adventures.
The place was even willing to track down a Denver boxed for me.

All this in Perth, Oz.
Shall I give the name of the place?
and website?
Fortune
Can anyone provide a list of all the official non-English releases for Shadowrun? I don't mean reprints in another language, but original books. smile.gif
Digital Heroin
I belive I still have the contents of the old Denver boxed set in my collection, if not the box itself...
Grimtooth
ok

i dug out my old 2nd edition gm screen last night and pulled out the contacts portion.

The elf poser ended his spiel with "samma wagga kan?"

anyone out there have ideas what this means?
Ancient History
I believe it's a particularly horrible piece of psuedo-Japanese slang, the meaning of which I think to by "Sammy understand?"
Grimtooth
odd piece of language that.

Cityspeak?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012