Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SCORE LIKE A MOFO
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Talia Invierno
kanawagaso? or kanawagesu?
- Grimtooth

Would that be "konbanwa gesu"? The first is just "good evening", the second translates to a person of humble rank, in some contexts a monster. (Anime likes this second use.) But I'd have to see the context.
"samma wagga kan?"

You were almost spot-on, Ancient History: "samma" from "samurai", "wagga" from "wakarimasu" ("understand"), "kan" from "ka" (the interrogative particle). It's bastardised in much the same way as "speaka you English?" And it's extremely vulgar.
Ancient History
Had a feeling that was the case. Thanks, Tal.
Solidcobra
i swear, if there was a SINGLE WAY to get the books without paying 300% of their market prices here in sweden........
i wouldn't have any .pdf files about shadowrun!
(Don't worry, i have tried to buy the books, i only have rigger 3, sprawl survival and MitS left on my computer, and i'll get them... eventually)
Baphomet
Well, after being away from SR for several years (just about the time of the whole Dunkelzahn for president/assassination thing), I've just started trying to catch up over the past month or so. I was missing all the source books from the above period on, and many of the adventures from even before that (I only had about 10 of the published adventures before).
Well, I now realize coming up on Christmas that this isn't the best time to try and back-fill a collection (several hundred dollars too late wink.gif ), but now I'm only missing SotA2063, Man & Machine (reprinted shortly, hopefully), Sprawl Survival Guide, Character Dossiers, GM Screen 3rd Edition and one or two old, old items, like Prime Runners (don't want to pay $30 for it) and GM Screen 2nd Edition.

I have found a few sites that have the remaining books I need, but I will have to wait until after the new year and hope that they still have them. Not only is Christmas looming, but car insurance, inflated credit card bills (from the newly acquired SR books and a few hundred in vet bills on a new puppy...don't ask...), etc.

Still, happy to be back!!! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012