Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Have Gun Will Travel
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Sicarius
Alright. I now have the following characters

Pete: Ork Combat Decker, Smoke: Phoenix Shaman, Shadow Kat: Infilitrator, Doc Chip: Combat Medic, Martina: Merc

I am still awaiting De Bad Ass's Rigger and some others who have expressed interest.

That being said I thought it appropriate to open the OOC section to give you guys a chance to discuss location to base yourselves. I know both Istanbul and Lisbon are Merc Havens, but am willing to consider whatever options sound good to you guys. Also please use this space to introduce each other, including whatever background information you consider it appropriate for your teammates to use.
Whizbang
Yeah, sorry I've been running slow....work has been bogging my char gen down. Working on Phoenix, a street sam.
JackRipper
I'm open to any locale and if we are an established team then i can reallocate funds to help with a team set up area (for housing, lifestyle type stuff)
DireRadiant
Smokes CS
[ Spoiler ]

Are we generally knowing each other?
Konsaki
"Um... Hi. My name is Shadow Kat and its nice meeting you. Um... Well, where should I start? I used to be on an special infiltration team for Renraku down in CAS. We were formed to test internal security of Renraku facilities, and we were pretty good. My job was to gather intel through espionage and social engineering. We would then sneak in with the team using my information along with the decker's.
Renraku and I had a falling out, due to some sorta doublecrossing on their end, freaking bastards... Anyways, thats pretty much all there is you need to know. I hope we can work well together."

OCC - I dont have any problems with sharing a lifestyle, infact my character is a little poor right now and can only donate 1000. As for where we set our home base, I dont have any preferance.
Callidus
"Callsign's Strife, not my real name of course or even the callsign I've always used. Ain't anonimoty great? Well to a limit anyway, if you've worked as a merc before you may have hear of me as Strife of the Wolf's Dragoons. I've been in the merc business a good while now. I work heavy weapons, fire support and tactics.

In case I grate sometimes it probably a hang over from the army. Yes, I was in the British armed forces, a paratrooper to be precise, and I think the less said about the end of that career the better, but suffice it to say we didn't part under the best of terms. Fell into the merc trade almost by accident and stayed with the Dragoons til recently when we decided to disband for an extended break.

If you fancy a more in depth life story you'll have to buy at least one beer, or hire a decent hacker... hell most of my life story's probably floating around the matrix boards somewhere. Isn't technology great, heh
JackRipper
" I commonly go by Pete or Moscow Pete, yes I am rusko... I mean russian. Like many I was conscript to Soviet Army and I served proudly. I was trained in communication and information systems and if you wonder if I'm just geek..two years Naval infantry and 3 year Spetsnaz should prove otherwise." A shot of vodka goes down between drags on a cigarette. "Also, I do stint with 10,000 daggers and some brushfire conflict in Africa."
Callidus
OOC - Prolly best if we are already a unit, saves time at the beginning and makes more sense seeing as most (or all) of us have plowed resources into the unit. But ultimately it depends if Sicarius wants us to start as new recruits for the story line *8->.

As for home city, of the two havens I'd go with Isbanbul (not that I've got the book and read anything) but more of a gut feeling. But I'll go with the more knowledgeable *8-> Shared lifesytle sounds like a good idea, probably something like an office and warehouse combo might be best. We bunk down in the warehouse with all the gear and plane, and have a briefing room/office type thing to meet employers.... dunno kinda depends how big the unit is...... oh and we ought to start thinking of the unit's name.
DireRadiant
"Smoke, magical support. Former CAS Marine. Recon. Texas, Carib. Went corporate services, Desert Wars, ARES, Renraku, Yamatetsu. Free Spirited... get it? Anyways, got some flight time, otherwise just a riflemen."

"Oh you want specifics. Well, I can do a slight field patch, keep people going, mess with people minds so they can't tell what's up so good, and do a long range knockout. Otherwise whatever the Spirits let me... get it?"

"Need a beer? I can whistle one up nearly anywhere, very handy. Bti harder to get a cold one, but during my time in the Desert I learned to deal with warm ones. You know there are some that are meant to be drunk warm. Crazy euros."
Konsaki
OOC - How about this for our name, BoOM, Band of Obvious Mercenaries. biggrin.gif
Or better yet: Mysteriously Expedient Relocation Courier Service, or MERCS smokin.gif
"We can move anything you might need, when you need it. Data, Equipment, Personnel, Lives, nothing is un-negotiable. If we cant move it, it probably doesnt exist."
Sicarius
Istanbul is the offical location. Lucky you.

Still waiting on De Bad Ass and his rigger so I know what kind of plane to provide at what cost.

DireRadiant
It's going to be a big pink painted plane.. I just know it.
Konsaki
"This plane can take a beating and still fly, even with only one engine left. Yup, the C-130 Hurcules can haul an assload of cargo into almost any area, landing stip or not."
Whizbang
lol....love that MERCS smile.gif
JackRipper
I'm glad I (my PC ) speaks Arabic.

Skill set
[ Spoiler ]

Also, I know the GM doesnt have the Sprawl Survival Guide, anyone besides me have it? So that there is a way to see if my numbers jive (or if anyone else with it wishes to create our area)
Callidus
Nope no survival guide here *8-< On the plus side I think we just found our translator *8->

Oh and @Sicarius I'm about halfway through the narrative(ish) background, and on hols all week so aiming to have it done tomorrow or weds
Sicarius
sweet.

as for the rest of you, if you haven't given me a background or at the very least 20 questions, hop to it.
Chance359
Sicarius,i submited on friday, i'm guessing you didn't get it. i just resubmitted.
JackRipper
Aye Aye Sir!!! (Havent said that in a few years lol)

Question out to everyone (and GM):
Since this is SR but not exactly SR persay would real names have been dropped?

My thinking is that from my own experiences...merc's try to recruit from the services they know and by word of mouth and, while illegal merc's (in the SR time frame) probably arent concerned with alot of aliases (not to mention as former military there is some trace of you somehere and, the big merc companys would hire much like a regular workforce would to include documentation of who you are)

Also incase someone is without SOTA 2063:

Combat Vest 12 harness spots 190 yen
Load Bearing Harness 8 spots 35 yen
Pistol pouch 1 spot/2 clips pistol or smg 8 yen
Rifle pouch 1 spot/3 clips rifle 11 yen
Shotgun pouch 1 spot/holds 20 shells 8 yen
small pouch 1 spot/ holds .04 cf 12 yen
Large pouch 2 spots/holds .1 cf 30 yen
Small ruck .5 wt/holds .2 cf 110 yen
Large ruck .5 wt/holds .5 cf 140 yen

Another question for the GM:

I understand/accept the AK97 carbine would have certain spec's that down grade its performace (lower damage and range) as well as a smaller magazine for the right feel or balance but, (heres the question finally) wouldnt the magazine while shorter be basically the same as the rifle version?

my question is for what pouches i'd get (I see a stick mag like most smg's being roughly the same dimensions as a pistol in a general sence for the game but the AK mags would be fat like a rifles mag in my thinking)

and yes, I'll be the translator (sort of a niche I had intended from concept)
JackRipper
Istanbul set up:

Questions for the players:

Are we setting up in a place near our mode of transportation, or is the plane going to be at an airstrip?

If we use the airstrip option what type of area and building we looking at? ie an old warehouse, a hotel (small one) we've taken over, large family dwelling, or a tenement.

Just need some input, as we'd discuss this amongst ourselves In Game prior to the storyline starting. (being an established team)

If we have our own airstrip (housing near our plane) then, I'm assuming we'd want it far away from the city proper?

Questions are for certain edges and flaws we can incorporate to the lifestyle.
Konsaki
Are we setting up in a place near our mode of transportation, or is the plane going to be at an airstrip?
Have no idea.

If we use the airstrip option what type of area and building we looking at? ie an old warehouse, a hotel (small one) we've taken over, large family dwelling, or a tenement.
A Warehouse with an office section, living section /w closed off rooms, and a maintenance section should be the best type of building IMO. Just have the front doors go into the office section and the back doors go into the maintenance section.

Just need some input, as we'd discuss this amongst ourselves In Game prior to the storyline starting. (being an established team)
Huh?

If we have our own airstrip (housing near our plane) then, I'm assuming we'd want it far away from the city proper?
Yeah, that would probably be best.

Questions are for certain edges and flaws we can incorporate to the lifestyle.
I dont quite understand what you want with this one...
JackRipper
You'd have to have the Sprawl Survival Guide to understand the edges and flaws.

So, that's one vote for a hangar/warehouse space near an airstrip?

(I'm assuming that as an established team, we would start off in a safehouse that we had all agreed on)
Sicarius
Moving Forward: I will be posting momentarily the first IC fiction/posts. I know we are still hammering out some issues but I feel moving forward at this time is important. De Bad Ass' rigger will join us (he is having IRL moments, so I want to be as tolerant as possible. As soon as He can submit a character his character will be allowed to join in.)

The cargo plane will be presumed to exist, but we will await on De bad ass and money totals before hammering out its exact make and model. For the first several posts it shouldn't matter anyway. (IC: we will argue that the Rigger is busy making plane repairs, and can join you as soon as they are made)

The Base:

approximately 6 hours out of Constantinople includes Hanger/Maintainence area for Plane, Runway and tower, warehouse and small (low lifestyle) barracks/office area. no defenses arrangements unless paid for seperately. edges/flaws can be finalized OOC.

So without further ado... Game on.
JackRipper
For reason out of my control/knowledge to correct i cant open spoilers. I can write them that part is easy.

How do you script color red? and the muted grey everyone else is using (cant access that either from my POS computer)
JackRipper
an as far as security the rigger could cover that if enough money for drone was alotted. Also in the Sprawl book (which only i seem to possess) covers security as one of the features that adds to the total.

I can give a breakdown from the points the GM has given.

Area : (hard one here, but going with D as it specifies run down biz district) 1pt

Comforts: Middle (we have real food sometimes) 3pts

Entertainment : Low (we seem to clean alot of weapons) 2 pts

Furnishings: Middle (cause low only fills a small apartment) 3pts

Security: (this is the biggy here...by default its low when home...high gives us p-sentinel drones, guards,cameras etc)........ 2pts (at moment)

Space: Luxury (more rooms than you'll ever need some as large as small apartments...take some space away to cover strip/tower hanger..most logical) 5pts

total at present: 16 (3650 month) +20% per person above the first (we have 5 correct?) equals 6570 month to be split 5 ways.

**an individual may increase certain aspects for himself (say increase the entertainment value for himself) but that person pays the difference (ie increase entertainment 1 puts the total to 17 which means that the person pays an extra 700 a month above)

this is before any edges or flaws

if we put the security at high (4 points) it raises the base cost to 5000 month and inturn our cost to 9000 split 5 ways

hope i havent melted anyones brain with this
DireRadiant
QUOTE (JackRipper)
For reason out of my control/knowledge to correct i cant open spoilers. I can write them that part is easy.

How do you script color red?  and the muted grey everyone else is using (cant access that either from my POS computer)

Sunday, November 1st, 2065 18:00:12 (GMT+2): Constantinople, Turkey
Smoke - Phoenix Shaman
CODE
[color=red]Sunday, November 1st, 2065 18:00:12 (GMT+2): Constantinople, Turkey[/color]
[color=gray]Smoke - Phoenix Shaman[/color]

You can look at the formatting by quoting someone's post. Then you can see the relevant code snippets and copy it.
Konsaki
High Security sounds good. It boosts it up to 1800 per person, but that isnt unpayable and can come out of our job pay right off the top.
Low level of entertainment would be some small trids in each room, maybe a medium trid in the warehouse, but no special speakers or games. Just enough to watch the news or whatever is on the Trid channels. Am I right?

On a side note, did we ever decide on a group name?
JackRipper
we should also look into buying aspects of our lifestyle off when we get the chance. It will lower the monthly costs as well as 'set our base' as our own, mostly free and clear.

Thanks Dire

Konsaki
Well, at 10k a month, it could just be normal upkeep of the place. We could have the deed to the land already, or whoever we are working for has the deed and is letting us stay with just upkeep payments. It's up to the GM.

With all the sandstorms and such, the cameras are going to be replaced/repaired often, walls will need repainted or repaired, and the electric/food/water bill for the place wont be cheap.
Also, what happens if we do own this place (it has to be in someone's name) and then we get tracked back to base for some reason. That person will need a new SIN, along with everyone else, the base is now compromised and we all have to find a new place to live.
Callidus
Think it depends how we want to do pay from missions either it divides up even;y and then everyone pays their share to the bills or we do something like each person gets 1 share, 2 shares go to fuel, ammo, etc, and say 4 shares (or more) to the base either for maintence or upgrades/buying perm bits etc.... dunno *8->

Anyhoo totally failed to put a char description in the IC post, but got a lovely lineup for a second post so it'll probably be in there *8->
Callidus
Hmmmm, not the best description by me, anyhoo Martinia is approx 6'1" tall, very short (almost crew cut) blonde hair. Looks pretty wiry although you've seen her lift a *lot* heavier things they she should be able to. Looks pretty tanned but caucathian, oh and she's about 38 at game start, hence any lad, lass or other comments as I gonna guess she's probably the oldest, if not I'll go back and edit it for those people *8->
Chance359
Sorry for taking so long to get my ass in gear and post. Real life happens.

Doc Chip, male norm, with no distinguishing scars, serveral tattoos, all concealed by long sleeve shirt and pants. Approx 6 feet tall, athletic build, and shaggy brown hair.

Prior member of MET 2000, before that worked in an SK clinic in Orlando. Generally wears darker clothes, with a large amount of pockets.

Heres a pictures:
http://dvdtoile.com/ARTISTES/7/7102.jpg

As the medic, Doc Chip would probably have medical files on everyone, including augmentations and what not. If you'd like to, pm me a list of what you've got.

Since we're all living together, I can throw in the 30K i budgeted for lifestyle for base improvements.
Konsaki
eek.gif Wow, nice doctor.
JackRipper
Sorry, it took so long to post. I was having computer problems. Long story short...old one is in pieces...but the new one, she's a beauty.
Sicarius
you may continue talking amongst yourselves till late tuesday, early wednesday, and I will advance time to the point where Pete can get an uplink going.
Callidus
Okay, so who's our normal frontman/woman? oh and have I ended up being the leader? Just wondering as the titles aren't pointing at anyone being a face or leader type *8->

Oh and anyone got anything else to point out, I can probably think of some more stuff to come up with but I think 3 points enough to start with *8->
DireRadiant
Negotiations? BANG BAng! I know how to negotiate!
Konsaki
I also have a high negotiations skill. Kitoria is an infiltrator that specialized in Social Engineering and espionage, so I guess you can think of her as more of a Stealther and Face put together.

Also, wasnt the sandstorm supposed to last a couple of days or something. The time hacks have it like we never finished eating but have our decker jacking in while stuffing his face...
As for a leader, I'm not sure who would be in charge. Who owns 'MERCS' as a company? Who founded it? Who has been in it the longest?
I know Kitoria is not any of the three, she is probably the newest member due to joining in 2063 or sometime near then.
Sicarius
that's my fault for not updating the time on the post.
Konsaki
Just one thing to note, Shadow Kat doesnt have any Cyberware in her, this is so she can make it past the MAD detectors looking for Cyberware with no problem.
As said in the IC post, she cant speak Dutch or use linguasofts. The closest European language she knows, other than english, is either Spanish or Elvish.
DireRadiant
Denmark... danish, danes.
JackRipper
redlight district!
Sicarius
Things will be a little slow till probably Thursday. Tuesday is driving me crazy. (US election day, and I'm a journalist, so it keeps me busy.)
Callidus
Good call on the airline tickets Jack *8-> hmmm, starting to look like I might have to run a linguasoft on a pocket sec and then through a transducer *8-> Although I'm sure they'll understand we might not have a danish speaker. Will try to get an IC about it up later today....
Konsaki
I will agree that splitting up the group would be a smart idea, but I think we should split up into pairs. 3 groups of 2 people each would be separated enough, but would allow the pair to watch each other's backs.
JackRipper
Another concern is cyberware (I'm no sammie, but my boosted reflexes may cause some concern)
Konsaki
Essence 6 here, so im MAD safe if you discount my weapons.
Callidus
Boosted? Isn't that a chemical treatment, could well be wrong though I know it uses essence though. Guess I'll be having to use my legal SIN, cos they'll have a heart attack over the wires + smartlink etc *8-> Something tells me the airport will be deactivating my cyber before I board the plane *8->

Think pairs would be better, say split into pairs that compliment if poss, so say least combative with most, etc.... dunno and I'll definately write an IC at lunch..... Dawn of War: Dark Crusade ate my evening all together *8->
Callidus
Hmm, 'nother thought.... Anyone know if you can run Linguasofts from thing like pocket secs and then through a datajack? I think you can but not certain and no books atm to check.... anyhoo might be impossible to get a linguasoft in time.... well unless we pick one up from duty free at the airport *8->
Konsaki
I wouldnt see why you couldnt get one from the airport. Linguasofts are legal gear and would be a smart thing to have at an airport.
Someone just stepped off the plane and remembered they left their data chip at home, head over to a vender and buy another one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012