Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Current Campaign
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
lorechaser
And I'm not sure that police, especially in 2070, have the authority to pull every camera in the county. I think telling a judge "Well, we want to pull all of Aztechnology's security data. Because we think it's possible that maybe someone put on a mask somewhere there" isn't likely to work today, much less in the corp-friendly 2070's....
knasser

@Maddog It would be a shame to ditch the character just because of this. He's still new. But realistically he's in a lot of trouble right now. My suggestion would be get him somewhere "safe". I'd suggest the barrens. Less law, less surveillance, less chance of being hunted down for his crimes.

Now the barrens aren't safe, but you can run a low-levelly gang style game there easily and corp-town is nearby when you want to do a proper Shadowrun. it seems the player isn't daft but he is unfamilliar with the setting and has made mistakes born out of ignorance. There'll be less chance for those sorts of mistakes somewhere away from the more patrolled areas.

Just a suggestion.
2bit
QUOTE (ChicagosFineset)
Aztechnology!  Maybe turn his character into a cyber zombie for his next character to go up against.  Play the aspect up of him loosing his humanity.  His brother see's it and contacts the mage to figgure out what happened to Jace.  Eventually the mage severs the link that keeps jace alive and Jace is set free.

most likely his brother would get sacrificed to perform the soul binding vegm.gif cyber.gif vegm.gif
Butterblume
QUOTE (kzt)
QUOTE (Butterblume @ Nov 3 2006, 02:29 PM)
I'm just wondering, where would you put on the mask, to be sure that you're not recorded putting on that mask? Or at the very least, that no one is able to backtrack visual recordings to a point before you are wearing a mask?

(I'm really curious, because I can't think of a way to reliable beat video surveillance every time)

We typically tried to avoid doing things that would lead to the police subpoenaing every camera record in a 3 county area. smile.gif

That's the way I handle the issue - you can get away with it because no one really cares enough to get you.

Given that car theft still seems to be a problem in SR it's obvious that it isn't a trivial issue to track down someone who steals a car using cameras.  Hence it isn't that hard to avoid getting caught on camera.

Is there a source that it is easy to steal cars? More to the point, when they can't track stolen vehicles, how can they track people?

We tended to do things like borrowing delivery vehicles from a florist parking lot after we have already tampered with their security system (and cameras).  Then, afterward,  having the van return under autopilot and bailing out enroute in an isolated area where we had cached the getaway vehicle.

How did you get to the florist without being recorded by some camera nearby (I don't think there are many florists in the barrens biggrin.gif) ?
Fortune
QUOTE (MadDogMaddux @ Nov 4 2006, 04:31 AM)
Speaking of which, he has a DocWagon contract - if he loses the SIN to which it is attatched, does he lose the contract?

As far as I know, he would not lose the DocWagon™ contract. It is tied to the various samples (DNA, etc) that must be given when the contract is initiated (and the bracelet he would be wearing), not to any particular SIN.
kzt
QUOTE (Butterblume)

How did you get to the florist without being recorded by some camera nearby (I don't think there are many florists in the barrens biggrin.gif) ?

Proper Prior Planning. wink.gif I'm sure we might have gotten seen somewhere, but not able to be tied to the theft. And we brought it back!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012