Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hi, I want to run an SR4 game over IM.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
emo samurai
The rules will be this:
[ Spoiler ]

Other than that, BBB rules.

We'll meet on Saturdays at 12 noon Midwestern American time. My AIM name is NinjaPhilosopher.
Fortune
QUOTE (emo samurai)
Other than that, BBB rules.

I love this line. biggrin.gif wink.gif
krayola red
Do I dare...?
emo samurai
Yes, yes you do.
krayola red
Hell, I guess what don't kill you only makes you stronger. Let's do it. smile.gif

Dibs on the hacker/technomancer slot. I've been itching to give the new matrix rules a test drive.
emo samurai
Fuck... I'm thinking of having FanGirl play...

Oh well, you have dibs, and I think she could play something else.
krayola red
Actually, she can totally play the haxx0r if she wants to. I was mainly going to focus on the drone control aspect of hacking anyway, until I realized that the core book has like all of two pages on rigging. I think I'll wait until Unwired is released before rolling up a hacker.

What happened to FanGirl anyway? Haven't seen 'er around lately.
emo samurai
What will you play in the meantime? That'll happen in, like, a year, and I'm not waiting a year to start this thing.
krayola red
There's a very loose concept of a gunbunny/face character that's been bouncing around in my mind for awhile. I'll see if I can come up with some numbers.

Incidentally...

Post chargen stat caps are the same as chargen ones, but after chargen, all skill and skill group caps are at 9.

The cap for skills is 9 at chargen with the Aptitude quality for that skill and 12 out of chargen.

Are you sure about this? It skews combat heavily in the favor of the offensive, which makes things a lot more lethal. Plus it means that an adept can potentially throw up to 30 dice for their primary skill, making even the heaviest modifiers negligible.
emo samurai
I didn't think about that...

I'll make the defense pool (1/2) intuition+reaction+dodge, now that you mention it.
krayola red
Izzat for melee or ranged?
emo samurai
Ranged.
krayola red
So if you go full defense, you get 1/2 intuition + reaction + dodge + dodge?
emo samurai
Oh no, you only get + dodge. If you go normal, you get 1/2 Intuition + Reaction.

And non-full defense without cover is supposed to suck, so maybe I'll get rid of this.
krayola red
Don't get rid of it! It's no fun one-shotting grunts who can't even put up a fight.

Anyway, character coming soon. Looks like we're still a few players short of a full roster though. smile.gif
emo samurai
I just started actively recruiting on the main forums. I'm also calling in my friends from college. So we'll be fine. biggrin.gif
Grinder
Ok, if I have the time on sunday (and figure out how AIM works) I'll try to join. It's 7PM here, according to emosamurai.

What's your plan, how long will the game run?
emo samurai
For as long as I can keep it up. I'm thinking long-term character development with a lot of solo adventuring.
krayola red
Sounds tasty.
emo samurai
OOHHHHH yesssss....
Grinder
I'm sorry, I have to pull out. Just got the confirmation that I and a friend are going to see Hatebreed on sunday night. Sorry for that, but if it's possible to join the game on a later date I'm willing to do so. smile.gif
emo samurai
It's probably not starting this Sunday, so go ahead and make a character.
Grinder
Can I get more BP? biggrin.gif

Hm, I'm going for sammie or ki-ad, don't know.

Where do we run, setting-wise?
emo samurai
Seattle, of course.

And as a question for you guys and anybody who posts here in the future, how much of my campaign and character threads did you read?
Grinder
Of course biggrin.gif

emo samurai
NOOOOOO!!!! MY BEAUTIFUL SURPRISES!!!
Grinder
QUOTE (emo samurai)
And as a question for you guys and anybody who posts here in the future, how much of my campaign and character threads did you read?

Not much, only peices of it when I was bored (you posted too much). Power Armor is the only thing I can remember of it. wink.gif
emo samurai
Oh good.
Grinder
No need to get confused. biggrin.gif
krayola red
Not many on my part either.
emo samurai
GOOD. I value those ideas far too much.
krayola red
Update: My original idea has been scrapped, I'm going mage all the way. Go mages! Fireball, boom!
Fortune
I'm still kinda tempted, but noon in the Yankee midwest is like about 4AM here. frown.gif
krayola red
Whoa, where do you live man?
emo samurai
NOOOOOOO!!! DEDICATED PLAYER!!! COME BAAAACK!!!

But seriously, you could just sleep off the fatigue Sunday night. Nothing big happens Sunday, anyway.
krayola red
Hey boss, how do you feel about custom traditions and spells?
emo samurai
Perfectly okay. You tell me what you want a spell to do, and I'll tell you the drain value. That's it.
krayola red
Music to my ears. This new concept is really coming together nicely. smile.gif
emo samurai
I've thought a lot about what I'd like to do while playing a mage.

Not that I'd neglect the other archetypes, of course. biggrin.gif

But seriously, I won't railroad you at all. If you have a big project that has nothing to do with running, I'll help make up rules for completing the big project. I'm VERY flexible plot-wise, and the nature of SR allows for interlocking plotlines.
Fortune
QUOTE (krayola red)

Sydney, Oz. wink.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (emo samurai @ Nov 14 2006, 05:15 PM)
But seriously, you could just sleep off the fatigue Sunday night. Nothing big happens Sunday, anyway.

It'd be about 5 AM Monday morning. Sydney is currently 16 hours ahead of New York (EST), and I believe that the 'midwest' is considered Central Time Zone. wink.gif
krayola red
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (krayola red @ Nov 14 2006, 03:25 PM)

Sydney, Oz. wink.gif

Cool. I went to Australia this past summer, and despite an incident involving a murderous kangaroo, I really liked the place.
emo samurai
How about I move it to noon Saturday?
Grinder
That would make it hard for me to take part. Iirc, I'm 7 hours in front of you, so noon would be middle of the night for me.
emo samurai
No, it'd be 7:00 at night. The end of the game would be 11:00 p.m.
DireRadiant
time zones are useful.
Grinder
QUOTE (emo samurai)
No, it'd be 7:00 at night. The end of the game would be 11:00 p.m.

wobble.gif

Help me: 7:00 pm (that's 19:00 for europeans, btw) - that's when for me?

I hate time zones. Certainly an invention of IEs. sarcastic.gif
emo samurai
If I game at noon, you'd be gaming at 7 pm. You'll be fine.
Grinder
But didn't you want to the start the game at noon originally?

QUOTE (emo samurai @ Nov 15 2006, 12:27 AM)
We'll meet on Sundays at 12 noon Midwestern American time.

Hell, I'm really confused now.
krayola red
The game's still at noon, central time, except it'll happen on Saturday instead of Sunday.

For your time zone, it'll be 7 pm Saturday evening, since you're 7 hours ahead.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012