Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Retaliation
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
blakkie
QUOTE (imperialus @ Nov 15 2006, 05:40 PM)
no, no we havn't.  We used to have a player who would be calous enough to use squeegie kids as fodder but he moved across the country, it hasn't come up yet and I'm not about to suggest it.

Ummmmm, the guy that moved wasn't even playing with us yet when that happened. Yes he was there for the Car-battoir, but that was definately a Group Think. Squeegie Kid Boi sits at my 2 o'clock. nyahnyah.gif He's currently playing the grizzled Orc merc who last session said, and I quote from my notebook: "Buddy comes out of the store and looks at me funny, so I shoot him. *shrug*"

There is plenty of "calous" floating around the table. notworthy.gif
That was kinda my reaction, and I expect part of the reason why the assorted PC's have reacted to this in such a schizophrenic manner.

The true underlying cause is a lack of focus on the tie that binds. Hate.

With a generous helping of greed. Trying to get a big pile of money for these canisters has become the peanut jar to your monkey brain. Even as you sit on a boat with a sticker price that is a couple of orders of magnitude more than the most you've been offered for the canisters so far. But that's OK, it is all very entertaining from where I sit. love.gif And that is what is really important. smokin.gif

QUOTE (kzt)
I'd suggest that you'd be better served by using a mass spectrometer or an optical spectroscope at a lab used to handling corrosive toxic substances.

Are you crazy? None of the PCs have that sort of equipment, or expertise. Do you realize the rates that labs charge? HUNDREDS OF NUYEN! wink.gif See, you just aren't in tune with the kind of penny pinchin' bastards these players tend to be.

@Geekkake, eidolon rotfl.gif love.gif
blakkie
QUOTE (kzt)
I bet nobody had the guts to pull a sample? cool.gif

No, noone has openned the valve to draw a sample. Once the TM ran the text through a Matrix translator (noone has any sort of slavic language) and then a search based on the translation yielded a brief description and a chemical name the length of his arm. Since then they've gotten decidely more nervous. It was funny though that at a few points they've been holed up and describe facing the door wearing the full chem suit, including masks, with a hand on the valve and/or an weapon with an AP round pointed at a canister. "If I go down I'm taking a few hundred thousand with me". rotfl.gif
Penta
I vote that it is in fact something entirely innocuous. Insecticide, because Babelfish trix edition screwed things up.smile.gif
eidolon
Haha!

*scan in long slavic word to Babel-trix*
Results:
1. Xanoprotexenthopropalenaldahyde: a highly corrosive nerve agent of extraordinary deadliness
(players read that far and start freaking out and then decide to sell it, completely forgetting to read further)
2. <slang> Your momma!
imperialus
QUOTE (eidolon)
Haha!

*scan in long slavic word to Babel-trix*
Results:
1. Xanoprotexenthopropalenaldahyde: a highly corrosive nerve agent of extraordinary deadliness
(players read that far and start freaking out and then decide to sell it, completely forgetting to read further)
2. <slang> Your momma!

part of me is really hoping that that is the case. Still though without access to a lab (or homeless people) we kinda have to take it at face value.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012