Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wetwork
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Butterblume
Don't forget the helmet. And of course the mirrored visor, or the dark sunglasses if you prefer them, to intimidate in a visceral way.
Grinder
Pfff... you don't know "The Top 100 Things I'd Do
If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord"?

'"1. My Legions of Terror will have helmets with clear plexiglass visors, not face-concealing ones."

This is appealing for corps security, to a degree.
Mistwalker
Guards in my game are usually equipped the same, weapons, uniform, biomonitor. With the mage casting his spell as he/she uses a free action to just pull the trigger.

When 5 people shoot at the runners, and only 3 hit, the runners have a hard time figuring out who is the mage.

As others, my players make heavy use of Nano-paste, fashion and makeover spells. They try not to look the same as they normally do when they run.

As in the movie "Heat", they go the non-lethal way when ever possible, but once one opponent has died, they tend to become more lethal, as you get the same time for a single murder, as for 4 of them, for the most part.
Fortune
QUOTE (Mistwalker)
With the mage casting his spell as he/she uses a free action to just pull the trigger.

That's cheesy!
Grinder
And what's wrong with cheesiness? biggrin.gif
Lord Ben
If by hard to tell who's casting the spell you mean 6-force of the spell perception test then it's by the book!
Fortune
QUOTE (Grinder)
And what's wrong with cheesiness?

What would your answer be if a Player suggested that his character use that as a standard tactic?
Cheops
I'd make him roll at -6 or -8 dice (whatever it was for blind fire) and see if they glitch. They'd still have to roll one die if their pool was zero and if they rolled a 1 then they hit one of their buddies.

I might allow a mage casting a direct combat spell to actually shoot at the same time too. Penalties would be as above to both rolls plus the penalties for dual shooting and the weapon would have to be one-handed. If the character thinks they can pull it off more power to them.
Fortune
If you allow the mage to do this, then how many of your other Players get to make what basically amounts to a full attack using only a Free Action, all the while using the rest of their Actions to perform a totally different task?
Grinder
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (Grinder @ Nov 28 2006, 05:55 AM)
And what's wrong with cheesiness?

What would your answer be if a Player suggested that his character use that as a standard tactic?

This:

rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif
redwulf25_ci
QUOTE (WhiskeyMac)
The security guard would be that poorly armed because he's an inside patrol. He expects the outside defenses of an electrified razor wire fence, motion activated lights, gel-ammo equipped autoguns, and high altitude drones to keep all but the most eager out. He's there to make sure that the windows and doors are locked and the hallways are clear at 3 am.

I'm looking at this from the point of veiw of a corporate who KNOWS that the device/formula/secret genetic experiment is almost definitly going to attract a team of Shadowrunners that likely has a minimum of a pistol for each runner and probably a magic user as well. I would want those guarding the project to be able to do something BESIDES call for help that might not come untill after the runners leave with the project. This means I want the guards armed with a minimum of a heavy pistol (probably a submachine gun) and I also want at least one Magician or spirit and probably a few drones guarding my top secrect project. As for gell ammo equiped autoguns, only if I want to interogate a runner. Otherwise real ammo for the autoguns, after all my corporation is allowed to use whatever force nessisary on it's own grounds. If I hired someone stupid enough to accidently trip the autoguns then I just did the genepool a favor.
Fortune
QUOTE (Grinder)
This ...

That's what I figured. biggrin.gif
Grinder
biggrin.gif
Mistwalker
QUOTE (Fortune)
If you allow the mage to do this, then how many of your other Players get to make what basically amounts to a full attack using only a Free Action, all the while using the rest of their Actions to perform a totally different task?

Well, so far, I haven't allowed anyone using this methode to actually hit anything, they automatically miss. This applies to NPC and to Players.
It is the response to "Geek the mage first" rule. As I play my mages somewhat smart, they try and make it as hard as possible to identify them as the mage, simple survival.

But, I do like part of the idea that Cheops suggested. Make them roll dice, just to see if they glitch or critical glitch. No chance of hitting the targets, but a chance of hitting important to them (team mate, prototype), or just plain jamming.

If at all possible, there is one NPC laying down suppressing fire, to make it even harder for the runners to spot the mage.
SL James
QUOTE (Mistwalker)
It is the response to "Geek the mage first" rule. As I play my mages somewhat smart, they try and make it as hard as possible to identify them as the mage, simple survival.

Wow. What a novel idea. I bet no one ever thought of that before.
Butterblume
I take the bet biggrin.gif.
Mistwalker
Can I get some of that too?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012