Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What would you do?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
toturi
QUOTE (Charon)
Just curious :

How the hell can you afford to pay a mage 5000 to wack the troll if this is your second mission, the first one was a failure and you didn't receive payment for this one?

PS : I'm not arguing the fact that the Troll was unprofessional. A Pro wouldn't have agreed to be lowballed in the first place (not by runner who have no better street cred than him and who want him to assume full risks) and would then have sticked to the term he eventually accepted.

But you weren't professional either IMO and in that context he was just about as out of line as you were. You guys deserved each other, basically. wink.gif

QFT.

The original 3 were unprofessional in that they were, IMO, trying to get cannon fodder for cheap, since they were expecting a doublecross.
The troll was unprofessional in that he tried to renegotiate his payment after he agreed on the job (Unless the original job scope was not accurate, then he would be professional in trying to renegotiate the terms while he was holding a winning hand. Although he should have offered to renegotiate for the mage the full share as well.)
DireRadiant
I just want to know this. Is everyone having fun? If so, then it doesnt' matter what you did!
Moon-Hawk
I would just like to add that of all the possible outcomes of this situation, many of them warrant the GM giving a point of Notoriety to one or both parties. A lot of people have mentioned trashing someone reputation, but I just wanted to add that the proper game mechanics of that is increasing their notoriety by 1 point. Things would have to end pretty spectacularly bad to justify more than 1 point, I think.
Lord Ben
QUOTE (DireRadiant)
I just want to know this. Is everyone having fun? If so, then it doesnt' matter what you did!

I just want to know what people would have done IC. What's the Shadowrunnish response? If you guys are the type to let people holding the cards call the shots remind me to not go on runs with you because people who don't know how to recognize go time will be a liability. Sometimes you have to throw down or people will tread on you constantly.

OOC yeah, everyone had fun.
Jack Kain
I think the idea was, he really couldn't afford to pay the mage a full share either. However he'd rather pay the mage a full share for backing him up then pay the troll a full share for backstabing him.
Ben
what you can do is show your discontent by giving the offending PC a good thrashing. I for one loath interparty conflict, but there is one among my fellow players who often tries to doublecross the team, by surrepticiously grabbing credsticks when the others can't see, or asking the GM to have the Johnson give him an agenda of his own. His character is the equivalent of a d&d thief; he actually once captured the objective of a run (a vial of poison, sort of) without letting the others know, and gave it to the Johnson, thus getting for himself a reward intended for 5 players, without sharing of course. I think the others players do not know OOC, and certainly no one detected it IC, so he got away with it... but on his first mission with us we caught him, and we showed we would have none of it by shooting him in the back (with gel rounds), and having a nice chat afterwards with him being stripped and bound (with a troll sitting on him). Obviously it didn't daunt him, for he still does it... but he knows that next time he's caught, he's in for a bullet again... though this time it'll be EX.
The point here is: you can't automatically kill a PC because the player is your friend (or you wouldn't play with him), and you have to keep the game friendly and social. So don't kill the PC at once: beat him up, as a warning, and then go on like "you learn your lesson and paid the price, now let's forget it". Of course, a single warning is what he'll get, after that his body is going to feed the ghouls, and that cool 'ware he has is going to pay us for all that he stole... (I'll admit that I'm annoyed enough at him to eagerly await for an in-game excuse to gut him... but I can't if my character doesn't catch his red-handed)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012