Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The UFI's: the unknown freakin' immortals.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
smoking-mirror
enough back on tracks boys....

point is, nowhere in the SR whole material (SB, novel,....aso) we're going to find evidences concerning the IE statut of Domingo Ramos son of Julio Ramos and Chica Senora. null point.

next round...Init !!
MITJA3000+
Personally I find it unlikely that no IE's would have gotten into the corporate game. They're almost as old as some of the wyrms, and there's plenty of wyrms playing in the corps. Plus, being metahumans, the IE's could IMO more easily infiltrate the corporate ranks than the dragons.

And for me personally that's the reason I've been trying to figure out who could be the prime suspect. Like Domingo Ramos.

How about Damien Knight? Isn't his past a bit mysterious too, and him being pals with Dunkie?
Fortune
Well. Leonardo was swimming in Renraku's Corporate pool for a while. Of course, now Loffie has him all locked up working for him, so ...

And then we have Sheila Blatavska/Alachia heading up the Atlantean Foundation ...

Telestrian probably has an IE somewhere around the board room.

Then there's Aina and Ehran hanging out with the Draco Foundation.

I would say that there is enough Corporate activity in the IE camp.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Fortune)
Well. Leonardo was swimming in Renraku's Corporate pool for a while. Of course, now Loffie has him all locked up working for him, so ...

Is there something that makes it clear that this is the case? It's been a while since I read that, but I seem to remember the strong implication being that he was dead.

I know it's been discussed many times, but I don't remember the evidence.

~J
Mortax
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
QUOTE (Dawnshadow @ Dec 12 2006, 03:06 PM)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but most legends about elves have them as "ageless"? Not immortal, but unaging, subject only to the ailments of the spirit (also called depression and melancholy)?

Well Aina is described in DoSW as looking to be in her fifties IIRC

Could part of her looking older be due to the corruption? Alachia is older than her, yet looks younger.
Fortune
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Dec 18 2006, 04:59 AM)
Is there something that makes it clear that this is the case? It's been a while since I read that, but I seem to remember the strong implication being that he was dead.

Not exactly clear ...

It is left up in the air at the end of the Novel, and there have been several hints dropped throughout the sourcebooks since that point to that conclusion.

Mainly though, I just don't think Loffie is that wastful, to just toast Leo when he could use him instead.
Kagetenshi
Well, that depends on whether Lofwyr thinks Leonardo has anything to offer him. Dragons don't seem to operate on the principle of "keep everything just in case you need it", at least where "thing" = "person". Note Hestaby's use of a potential bargaining chip as a light snack.

~J
fistandantilus4.0
There are the references to Sk's grid being "years" ahead of the current tech, being able to do things like montior and report on all of the matrix traffic coming through their grids. IIRC, it was referenced in SoE. Nothing really overt, just little hints of things coming through more advanced then expected, like Renraku before them.
Fortune
There are the references to Sk's grid being "years" ahead of the current tech, being able to do things like montior and report on all of the matrix traffic coming through their grids. IIRC, it was referenced in SoE. Nothing really overt, just little hints of things coming through more advanced then expected, like Renraku before them.

Yeah, there are enough hints scattered around the books for me to feel confident in my opinion.

Besides, Leo being toast is boring.
Kagetenshi
I disagree, personally—I find yet another "let's kidnap and use" scenario boring. Of course, mileage varies.

~J
fistandantilus4.0
you disagree on the fate, or you disagree on how it should have been handled?

I'd like to see an IE or two die off, and I think Leo would be agodo oen to go, as I rather like Aina. Really like to see Alachia go out with a bang as well. But I think up to that point (pre Cresh) he should still be alive. As you say , YMMV.
Kagetenshi
Well, I don't share Fortune's opinion, but what I was saying was that I disagree with the statement "Leo being toast is boring".

~J
Grinder
I'd like to see an IE or two die off, and I think Leo would be agodo oen to go,

Me too. I was really annoyed to read that Leo was in fact Leonardo Da Vinci - that was so fucking obvious and ridicolous it made me nearly puke. Kill, maim, burn him!

Twice.
fistandantilus4.0
I like having a super smart IE, I like the idea of him taking on the persona. Not so sure that I like them being one and the same. I think I prefer the IE super genius being just a bit off his rocker so taht he impersonates people he likes.

And I still think Alachia should finally get killed. Big and spectacularly. Anything worth shooting once is worth emptying a clip into and then blowing up, or some such. Freaking Sirrug should just go eat her.
Fix-it
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Well, that depends on whether Lofwyr thinks Leonardo has anything to offer him. Dragons don't seem to operate on the principle of "keep everything just in case you need it", at least where "thing" = "person". Note Hestaby's use of a potential bargaining chip as a light snack.

~J

I find this strange, actually, as dragons in mythology and fiction always seem to be pack-rats. sitting on thier hoard and sleeping (smaug).

SL James
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Dec 20 2006, 03:48 PM)
Really like to see Alachia go out with a bang as well.

*whimpers*

But... But... She's my favorite IE.

QUOTE (Fix-it)
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Dec 18 2006, 11:29 PM)

~J

I find this strange, actually, as dragons in mythology and fiction always seem to be pack-rats. sitting on thier hoard and sleeping (smaug).

Maybe she was just really hungry. I know that strong bouts of hunger can easily make you do stupid things.
Ancient History
QUOTE (SL James)

*whimpers*

Ghost, that explains so much.

QUOTE (Fix-it)
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Dec 18 2006, 11:29 PM)

~J

Maybe she was just really hungry. I know that strong bouts of hunger can easily make you do stupid things.

Two points here:
1) Dragons are very selective about what they keep. It just so happens they live for a very long time, so even being selective you accumulate a fair amount of crap. Of course, they're very attached to their crap or they wouldn't have kept it around this long to begin with.

2) He had it coming. There were plenty of player characters that would have been delighted for a literal pound of flesh from that prickly-eared prick. Not to mention the little episode with Glasgian and the dragon eggs.

Sides, what does Aithne really care? He can make another one. Probably look just like him.
SL James
QUOTE (Ancient History)
QUOTE (SL James @ Dec 21 2006, 01:40 AM)

*whimpers*

Ghost, that explains so much.

You have no idea how happy this makes me.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Sides, what does Aithne really care? He can make another one. Probably look just like him.

I dunno, he got pretty pissy about the ones Ysgrathe offed.

@James: well she could at least go out with style. But really she's just a megalomaniacal biotch that really needs to get slapped down. I mean she spends so much time plotting taking over the world that she never even sleeps. I mean Tir Na Nog, Atlantean Foundation, Tir Tairngire secret coucil member, really it's only a matter of time until she snaps from the lack of sleep and job stress. Think about how many poor shrinks she must drive to insanity.
Dawnshadow
In some things, there is far greater pleasure in the destruction thereof then the retention.

I expect Hestaby gets the warm fuzzies when she thinks about that snack (assuming as a dragon, she is capable of feeling fuzzy). The memory is probably a far better addition to the hoard.
fistandantilus4.0
I figure she puts her memories into a memory crystal, takes it out and rubs it sometimes when she's feeling down.

Maybe Hestaby should set up Alachia to get killed by Sirrug. After all, she's been getting pretty good at manipulating people. And Alachia is still (well, until the whole "Tir Democracy" deal. Not a fan) involved with the Tir. Can't see her letting go of that easliy. So yeah, Hestaby should make some massive plot to get Sirrug to eat Alachia. Keep the slitch from playing in her back yard.
SL James
I mean Tir Na Nog, Atlantean Foundation, Tir Tairngire secret coucil member,

You know, from re-reading Aztlan, I can't for the life of me figure out how she can be a part of all three and still ask questions she does. IOW, I'm not entirely pleased that Alachia is (supposed to be) Hecate.
Mortax
But really she's just a megalomaniacal biotch that really needs to get slapped down. I mean she spends so much time plotting taking over the world that she never even sleeps. I mean Tir Na Nog, Atlantean Foundation, Tir Tairngire secret coucil member, really it's only a matter of time until she snaps from the lack of sleep and job stress. Think about how many poor shrinks she must drive to insanity.

Don't forget being "The Virgin Queen" and hanging out with the upper ranks of the Nazis.

(Worlds without Ends)
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (SL James)
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Dec 20 2006, 08:12 PM)
I mean Tir Na Nog, Atlantean Foundation, Tir Tairngire secret coucil member,

You know, from re-reading Aztlan, I can't for the life of me figure out how she can be a part of all three and still ask questions she does. IOW, I'm not entirely pleased that Alachia is (supposed to be) Hecate.

Dis-information perhaps. Worlds w/o End has her confirmed as the two Tir's , along w/ the description in the Tir Tiarngire SB. Loose Alliances, and Threats 1 have her confirmed as Hecate along with that little scanned slip from the FASA give away a couple years ago. I personally would like it better if she was jsut the Tir's, or just Sheila and someone else was in the other role, but oh well. just kill her and get it over with IMO.
SL James
Dis-information perhaps. Worlds w/o End has her confirmed as the two Tir's , along w/ the description in the Tir Tiarngire SB. Loose Alliances, and Threats 1 have her confirmed as Hecate along with that little scanned slip from the FASA give away a couple years ago. I personally would like it better if she was jsut the Tir's, or just Sheila and someone else was in the other role, but oh well. just kill her and get it over with IMO.

Could be. Or it could be that since Aztlan was written that Fanpro went another way. Don't know. I care, but I don't know.
fistandantilus4.0
Well at least you care. biggrin.gif

Alachia is named as Hecate in first Threats, and then in that clearance FAS A thingy, so that's FASA inclusive at least. Just because it was in some notes doesn't really make it canon, since it wasn't published, but Fanpro seems to have ran with it.
SL James
Maybe. OTOH, I find it hard to believe she'd post to Shadowland as Miss Tick to chide Elijah for not joining the AF.

Then again, the underlying premise of Aztlan that Jane-in-the-Box could somehow lock a bunch of immortals into the forum is pretty amusing. I can just imagine her sitting at a desk cursing out her terminal because ... uh ... she can't ... um ... do something with it.

God bless Nigel and his Bag of Crazy (it's like a Bag of Holding, but filled only with infinite amounts of crazy).
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (SL James)
Maybe. OTOH, I find it hard to believe she'd post to Shadowland as Miss Tick to chide Elijah for not joining the AF.

I think that was done to confirm that she was in fact one and the same. Were that to happen in game, I'd say she would just blow it of and keep up the act. No reason to confirm it. Oh well.

Then again, the underlying premise of Aztlan that Jane-in-the-Box could somehow lock a bunch of immortals into the forum is pretty amusing.

Really old don't mean really good decker after all. Makes you wonder though, since I doubt that any of them have datajacks, they'd have to be in w/ trodes. So if that's the case, how would she keep them from jacking out, unless it was a UV host.

God bless Nigel and his Bag of Crazy (it's like a Bag of Holding, but filled only with infinite amounts of crazy).

I always like Nigel 'cause he seemed to have a very clear view of the world. Even if his world is a little hard to game in.

Bag of Crazy - 4th age pattern item that collects all the acts of the immortals, makes them into half the important figures in history, sets up their own litte kingdoms for them, dumps it all back out on the ground, then says "have fun!" and runs away.

*pictures running drawstring bag with legs with Harlequin falling out*
SL James
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Dec 21 2006, 08:06 PM)
Then again, the underlying premise of Aztlan that Jane-in-the-Box could somehow lock a bunch of immortals into the forum is pretty amusing.

Really old don't mean really good decker after all. Makes you wonder though, since I doubt that any of them have datajacks, they'd have to be in w/ trodes. So if that's the case, how would she keep them from jacking out, unless it was a UV host.

Exactly. Although I find it weird that they'd wear trodes, either.

*shrugs*
fistandantilus4.0
What would you expect them to do, have a decker jack in and possess them? I could see one or two perhaps. Didn't Dunk 'surf' through riding Jane w/ Dragon speech basically? I doubt they'd trust any decker on a hitcher jack.
Ancient History
Alachia is named as Hecate in first Threats, and then in that clearance FAS A thingy, so that's FASA inclusive at least. Just because it was in some notes doesn't really make it canon, since it wasn't published, but Fanpro seems to have ran with it.

Correction:
In Threats, it is suggested that the poster Hecate is actually Sheila Blatavaska (an obvious alias based on the historical Madame Blatavasky), the head of the Atlantean Foundation and the daughter of a Greek millionaire. Nowhere does it connect her with being an elf, either of the Tírs, or being Alachia.

Later on, Lou Prosperi revealed Hecate was supposed to be Alachia. It does not follow that Alachia == Sheila Blatavaska, many people simply assumed that.
fistandantilus4.0
The other ways to go would be that it's either Aina, or someone else never really revealed. Outside of the FASA clearance notes and Lou P, what do we have to go on?

You're right in the difference though.

There's the assumption that Alachia would be on Dunlie chat room in Atztlan

That she would follow up on Atlantis, with the Foundation

She's obviously someone who knows a shit load about magic because she debated Schwartzkopf in his class, which suggests someone from the 4th age, hence an IE.

The attitude copped in the Elijah post is more like Alachia than Aina (IMO)

I'm just pointing out the pros that lead to my conclusions. Believe me AH, I've learned better than to argue w/ you. smile.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Later on, Lou Prosperi revealed Hecate was supposed to be Alachia. It does not follow that Alachia == Sheila Blatavaska, many people simply assumed that.

No, Lou was quite specific in what he said ...

QUOTE (Lou Prosperi)
On an unrelated note, I saw some discussion about the true identity of Hecate. Though this may have changed at some point after I left FASA, when she was first introduced, the intention was that Hecate (and possibly Sheila Blats(whatever)) was Alachia. I know there are some spots in some books (most notably Tir Tairngire I think) that suggest that this is not the case, but that was the original idea.

Take Care,

Lou Prosperi

The conversation can be found here.
Ancient History
...and possibly Sheila Blats(whatever)

Note key point here.
Fortune
True, but we have confimation that Alachia is Hecate. And I am sure I recall confirmation (or something awefully close) that Hecate is Sheila, therefore it isn't really a stretch to figure that Alachia is Sheila.
Grinder
QUOTE (Fortune)
The conversation can be found here.

Ah,what a great thread. smile.gif
Ancient History
There has never been, to the best of my recollection, any confirmation that Alachia is Sheila. I admit it ain't much of a stretch, but if you accept that Alachia is Sheila, that's at least half of her entry in Threats that's wrong anyway.
Fortune
biggrin.gif

You know that this one issue is pretty much the only thing we have really disagreed on, again and again, over the years.
fistandantilus4.0
Just try asking him what he thinks of Hessler being an IE. dead.gif
Ancient History
Spike baby.
fistandantilus4.0
Oh sure, make it nice and short for Fortune. biggrin.gif

'cause ya' know he's described as an old elf, and that doesn't happen for a couple hundred years, and there's no other precedent for a hundred year old spike baby elf, since all the others were born in the 80's -90's and he seems to have all the sorts of over the top knowledge of an IE. just sayin' is all *ducks*

Grinder
Maybe he's a powerful free spirit instead?
fistandantilus4.0
Doubt it, he works with a free spirit named Merlin
Ancient History
Oh sure, make it nice and short for Fortune. biggrin.gif

'cause ya' know he's described as an old elf, and that doesn't happen for a couple hundred years, and there's no other precedent for a hundred year old spike baby elf, since all the others were born in the 80's -90's and he seems to have all the sorts of over the top knowledge of an IE. just sayin' is all *ducks*

Luther the Elven Nosferatu was several hundred years old. There was the apocryphal mini-Awakening in Bavaria that established a dynastic line of orks. Besides, when was the last time you heard of an IE that looked that old? Or has Ehran just been taking trips to the spa and injecting botox?
fistandantilus4.0
Aina, isn't she noted as looking appx 50 in DoSW?

Nice point on Luther though, haven't read that one in years. This is why I try to avoid debating you, but this one still bugs me.

And Ehran may well be. All that good natural living and non-soy food after all. Cool Oregon air and some nice rain....
Grinder
Doubt it, he works with a free spirit named Merlin

Who said that two free spirits can't work together wink.gif

But yeah, good point.
fistandantilus4.0
Black Madonna he 'charged' Sutherland karma to Merlin for help. I'd think he'd cut him self in on the action if he was a spirit.
Grinder
That's another good point, but people are doing stupid or unselfish actions every day - it's never stated that spirits are immune to this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012