Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Southern Hospitality
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
ludomastro
Ok folks, please send me final character sheets. I'll wait until I get them before starting; however, I would like to go live Thursday night if possible.

Please work out among yourselve whether or not your characters know each other.

Any last questions?

Thanee
Jazz

Jazz is a young woman in her mid-twenties. She is of average height with a lithe and slender body. Her long, ash-blonde hair is typically worn in a pony tail, with a few strands framing a pretty face with green eyes, commonly hidden behind stylish green sunglasses. Jazz most often dresses in low-riding jeans, heeled boots, and low-cut crop tops to show off her nice curves and slim waistline. On top she either has a short jeans jacket, or a black, waisted mid-thigh length coat. She usually carries a small, black messenger bag with her, containing the various items she likes to have on hand. Jazz has an outgoing personality and a friendly nature, which goes quite well with her attractive appearance.

Zoë (as she is called outside the shadows) is certainly a person, that is quick to make friends; easygoing, flippant, flighty. She's living her life now and enjoying it greatly. She frequents night clubs and biker bars, sometimes making fun about some arrogant males in a friendly game of pool, where she strips them of everything they have, distracting them with her gorgeous looks further enhanced by her revealing clothes, while showing them how the game is actually played; and she can keep up with the best there. The regulars, who know her well enough, just sit back and chuckle when she rips another guy off, but are quick to lend a hand when things grow out of proportion and he happens to be a bad loser.

But there is another side to her as well, the old Zoë, the perfectionist; silent and focused. Concentrating for hours as she directs her virtual self through the endless realms of the simsense universe, the Matrix. It's like a second home to her and she clearly spends more time immersed in VR than is healthy.

Mostly a Hacker, being quite versed in computers and electronics, Jazz has many other talents hidden behind the surface. She's a pretty good driver, if not a little reckless, and she also has a way with people, able to twist them around her finger or boss them around, as required.
Redjack
Book

Eric DeBois stands just under six feet tall and has a wiry build. His thick brown hair is usually obscured by the hood of his poncho and his face usually covered in several days of stubble. His poncho covers a well worn, heavy duster which most people will discern as an armored jacket. Jeans and work boots generally finish off his clothing selection.

Eric is a quiet, reclusive, brooding sort of person. He arrived on the Atlanta scene about six years ago and keeps mostly to himself. He sometimes speaks with a bit of a Creole accent, other times speaks with just a southern draw. He is obsessed with books and obtaining books. Over the years he has been called Book Worm and The Book, though now most people just refer to him as Book.

The people who might have ran with him in the past know him to be a capable spell slinger and summoner who supports the team. He is not the one to be the first one through the door, but is a sound tactician who comes up with creative solutions to the bizarre problems runner find themselves with. When he chooses, he can be charismatic speaker and effective leader. When he chooses otherwise, he can be abrasive, distant and condescending.

Book & Jazz

In recent months, Book has taken to partnering with Jazz. The odd couple to say the least, book vs chips, mana vs matrix, these two have proven a very effective team on runs that require stripping the veneer of secrecy away. Rumors abound that more than once Jazz has violated a comlink for all it secrets while Book simply read the truth from the minds of those in the know.
Trigger
Belle

Mary Ann speaks in a heavy southern drawl which goes right perfect with her gorgeous southern good looks and curves. She has shoulder length strawberry blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes, which are high quality cybernetics that look just like the real things. She is often seen sporting tight jeans with worn out knees and an even tighter tank top or blouse under a full length white synthleather lined coat.

Belle came onto the shadow scene of Atlanta a couple of years back appearing almost out of the blue dating an established and respectable runner named Slick. She worked many a job with Slick and he helped her get in with all the right people and get the nuyen for some of the numerous augmentations she has. They were starting to get called the Bonnie and Clyde of the 70's when Slick was suddenly killed. Signs point towards it being a corporate hit and Belle seems distraught over it but she has moved on quickly from his death. Too quickly some think.
2bit
Vick

Vick is a 43 year old caucasian human male who's been on the Atlanta shadow scene for just over a year, working as a hired gun. What sets him apart from street samurai and gangers-turned-runners is his ability to play well with others, negotiate a good deal, and lead instead of follow. He thinks like a corporate type.
Physically, he's a healthy guy, nimble, though definitely past his prime. He'd much rather be looking at his enemy down the old iron sights instead of mixing it up in close quarters, and he hates starting a fight on even odds. You don't get to live as long as him without stacking the odds in your favor every time.
Vick is a huge Urban Brawl fan.

Mark Rodriguez is his real name, but forget Alex ever mentioned it. He's been Vick for the last year. Mark's disappeared. He's also known as Vick the Slick or Vick the Prick (no relation to Belle's Slick).

I have an unnamed Fixer contact that I'd just like to share with someone else; that way we can invent a previous working relationship. Who will spare me theirs?
Cedric Rolfsson
Dean is an average looking Human male. Caucasian background with Nordic coloring, brown-blonde hair and pale blue eyes. He looks to have spent much time in dissolute living but only recently and sports the build of one who understands the importance of taking care of his body.
Shadow
Sundown

Adrian Margolez is a pure blood Spaniard, born in Spain. He hovers at six feet tall, with long strait, dirty brown hair. He is in pretty good shape but he is no fighter. He tends to have a bit of a glassy eyed look to him most days, as if he can see things that are not there.

Sundown has been running the Atlanta shadows for about a year. Before that he was in an Azzie prison for smuggling people out of the country, and guns in. The CAS is also looking at him hard for smuggling so he had to give up his border gig and find a new place. He was in a terrible accident and has a slight limp when he walks.
Shadow
What format do you want the character Alex? I can do just about anything. I prefer .rtf. Can you also shoot me your email so I can send him to you, thanks. Looking forward to playing him.
Redjack
QUOTE (Alex)
would like to go live Thursday night if possible.

Is it still looking good for tonight?
ludomastro
QUOTE (Shadow)
What format do you want the character Alex? I can do just about anything. I prefer .rtf. Can you also shoot me your email so I can send him to you, thanks. Looking forward to playing him.

PM or email is fine. I sent you my email on PM.

@ Redjack

Cedric Rolfsson is out of pocket this weekend and I only have about half of the sheets. I would prefer to have all on board before getting too far into the details; however, I'll get the IC up and have some info out there for those that can start now.

@ All

RL hit me like a hammer today so I'm a bit late getting to the boards.
Trigger
I will get my sheet to you tomorrow...I have it done now, but I have to work in the morning, so I need to get off soon....
ludomastro
Ok, I'll be following up the IC with fixer calls. Please send the sheets in. If they aren't done yet, please post the fixer name here in OOC so I can use that. Please post what your character is doing in IC.

It's time for bed.
Thanee
Nice intro so far. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Alex)
I would prefer to have all on board before getting too far into the details

I understand.

BTW: Eric is coming in without a fixer. He was hoping to get hooked up with Jazz's fixer... biggrin.gif

I'll have bio's for each of his contacts to you tonight.
Shadow
Sheet away! His fixer's name is Savior.
2bit
^^^ character description updated above! ^^^

the name's "Vick".
ludomastro
As of right now, I have sheets for:

Sundown
Book
Vick
Jazz
Dean

Still need sheets for:

Belle
Carron Dalton
ludomastro
I also want to make sure that everyone has Charisma x 3 BP for contacts and 10 skill points for "Active Interests" - active skills that don't mimic game active skills. Billiards/Pool is one example.

I have seen a few sheets that don't have these things.

I also posted a few fixer calls for those that have fixers. Please post your own fixer call if I haven't.

I am assuming that Jazz's fixer has asked for "Book".
Thanee
QUOTE (Alex)
I am assuming that Jazz's fixer has asked for "Book".

Yep, that's fine. Jazz will have informed Cole (whom I need to write some description for still smile.gif) that she has a mage friend who might be interested in accompanying here on some jobs in the near future, when she heard that he has some trouble getting jobs on his own. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
BTW, according to my calender, March 1st in 2070 is a Saturday, which makes the 2nd a Sunday. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
@Alex
[ Spoiler ]
Redjack
@Alex
[ Spoiler ]
ludomastro
QUOTE (Thanee @ Mar 2 2007, 06:13 PM)
BTW, according to my calender, March 1st in 2070 is a Saturday, which makes the 2nd a Sunday. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee

You would be correct except for the calendar adjustement...

The GM calendar adjustment that is. grinbig.gif

<[Jazz]Krispe Kreme, East Point. That's where we need to be.>
<[Book]Oh hell no. That's pretty low rent...

rotfl.gif
Trigger
Sheet PMed in...Fixers name is Ernesto Ramone btw.
Redjack
QUOTE (Alex @ Mar 2 2007, 11:55 PM)
You would be correct except for the calendar adjustement...

The GM calendar adjustment that is.  grinbig.gif

Seeing as how you posted to the thread again with 3/2/2070 as a Friday, I'm taking this to mean you really are adjusting the calendar. I am adjusting my posting accordingly.
Thanee
Nah, he just copy&pasted that... wink.gif

Just make your dates right, it's not like it's hard or anything. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
ludomastro
QUOTE (Redjack @ Mar 3 2007, 05:28 AM)
Seeing as how you posted to the thread again with 3/2/2070 as  a Friday, I'm taking this to mean you really are adjusting the calendar. I am adjusting my posting accordingly.

I know that I have the calendar feature but it is just easier to take today's date (day really) and change the year to 2070. Guess that I was feeling lazy.... spin.gif

Ok, I'll fix my dates in the future.

@ All

Note for Saturday night. I'll post when I get back. I am taking my wife to the theater tonight - a buddy of mine from work has a lead part. Feel free to post IC chatter as appropriate. If I haven't written your call from the fixer yet, please feel free to post your own.

Also, I now have all character sheets! Thanks!!
Thanee
Did you get Erros' sheet, too?

I was wondering, whether he might have some connection troubles, considering he hasn't posted lately.

Bye
Thanee
ErrosCallidus
Yeah, I'm still here...

My weekend's a day earlier and between running social events and staying sane myself, it has been kind of a hectic couple days.

Connection troubles have been a slight problem, but no more than they usually are.

Full post to come later tonight (tomorrow morning for most of you) @ work for now.
Thanee
Good to hear. smile.gif

Hey, maybe you could sneak in the discription of your character here (see first couple posts on the first page).

Bye
Thanee
ErrosCallidus
Carron Dalton is best described as the opposite of the tanks and vehicles he loves to crew and work on. While not quite thin, without the mass developed by routinely working on heavy equipment and boosting in and out of tight spaces he'd definately be on the lighter side. The next thing people notice about him is how Roman he looks. Even without his usual crew cut, he could be a recruiting poster for Ceasar's Legions, complete with 'aquiline' nose and dark piercing eyes that spear into things and people like a targeting laser. Completely contrasting his eyes and nose is his ready smile and ability to stay calmly professional and slightly non-chalant when things are going to hell around him. Socially he's not the life of the party, but he can hold his own just about anywhere and within a few hours or even minutes is nearly indistinguishable from the 'old-timers.' It's a skill his picked up and subconsiously polished when he was being bounced around posts and units in the Zonies.

While most comfortable wearing a set of fatigues, Carron realizes that tends to stand out even in the shadows and unless he's on a run he'll stick to jeans and a t-shirt or work shirt depending on the project he's currently on. Though he does still wear a UCAS Surplus (supposedly) Fatigue jacket around. (WITHOUT name/rank/unit insignia, just a plain old washed up Camo Jacket that happens to be UCAS mil pattern) Maybe not the smartest thing to do since he still "moves military," but old habits die hard and he sometimes confounds/confuses others without similar military experience. (He tends to call the team leader "sir" regardless of gender and respond with "Hooah!" to some questions/comments.) When questioned about his past and how he came to the shadows so quickly (about three weeks ago or so) he'll just say " Yeah, I used to be UCAS, I'm not anymore and not headed back anytime soon." He likes to hit the Synthahol on the weekends and has been known to get a little too eager in his indulgence. Maybe something about his rapid departure from the military and the UCAS still bothers him.
Thanee
Thanks! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
ludomastro
Ok, we haven't seen Dean or Vick on the IC yet. I know that 2bit (Vick) was hoping to share one of Vick's contacts with someone - Dean perhaps? I will assume that works for both 2bit and Cedric R. I'll post a text message for the fixer: Mr. Yet-to-be-named. Once Dean and Vick get to the KK we'll get down to business.

@All

No, your mind isn't playing tricks on you. I changed the date so as to be in conformance with the real 2070 calendar.
Redjack
QUOTE (Alex)
No, your mind isn't playing tricks on you. I changed the date so as to be in conformance with the real 2070 calendar.

Updated all my posts to reflect correct date.
Thanee
Great! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
ErrosCallidus
Carron's counting bodies (combat capable) and weapons, while also looking for any signs of booby traps/mines/bombs. He's not really sophisticated enough to look for bugs and security systems other than the 'obvious' ones.

the RF scanner is set ID who might be talking to who over a local comm net or VOIP net. It's also scanning for the type of traffic indicative of cops/military watching somebody, or when they are engaging in an operation nearby.

Perception for Carron himself:
INT4+PER3: 7 dice
Perception

For the RF Scan:
Electronic Warefare3+Rating 4 RF Scanner: 7 dice
RF Scan of KK and surroundings
(I think this is right! p.225, 227, 326 BBB)

and I'm pretty sure Invisible Castle hates me... frown.gif oh well

Let me know how much time this takes as he's okay being late a little. The info he's getting is more important to him than being EX-actly on time. IF it takes more than 15 minutes he'll break off and head in.
2bit
I know that 2bit (Vick) was hoping to share one of Vick's contacts with someone - Dean perhaps? I will assume that works for both 2bit and Cedric R. I'll post a text message for the fixer: Mr. Yet-to-be-named.
Ok. Thanks, I really appreciate that Alex. I'll get Vick to the KK asap.

Also, Redjack & Thanee: Atlanta is in the Eastern time zone, not Central. EST instead of CST.
Shadow
Test: Summoning
Dice: 10 Magic (5) + Summoning (5) = 10

Drain: Twice the number of hits from elemental

Desired effect: Summon Air spirit and use 1 service to have him guard me during the meeting.

Roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=904706

Hits: 5 (5 services minus spirits hits)
Cedric Rolfsson
Okay, I've returned, I'll have my final sheet off and I'll catch up to the IC posts here today. Sorry for the timing guys.
Thanee
QUOTE (2bit @ Mar 5 2007, 04:01 PM)
Also, Redjack & Thanee:  Atlanta is in the Eastern time zone, not Central.  EST instead of CST.

I blame whoever I copied it from! grinbig.gif Thanks! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
ludomastro
@ Erros
[ Spoiler ]

@ Shadow
Spirit owes you five services. Resist 2 DV.

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=905286

@All
Sorry for the delay. I ended up working for an extra hour today. Threw the night off.
Redjack
@Alex
[ Spoiler ]
2bit
@Alex
Observing in detail the meeting room
[ Spoiler ]

and the cigar smoker
[ Spoiler ]
Cedric Rolfsson
Alex, let me know how you want me to bleed my character in now, provided the final sheet meets your approval.
Thanee
Just post a quick chat with your fixer and how you arrive there. wink.gif

QUOTE (Alex)
If I haven't written your call from the fixer yet, please feel free to post your own.

Bye
Thanee
ludomastro
@ 2bit

[ Spoiler ]

@ Redjack
[ Spoiler ]
Redjack
@Alex
[ Spoiler ]
Cedric Rolfsson
Alex

[ Spoiler ]

Okay, I'm having trouble linking the rolls in, help.
2bit
Those links work just fine for me.
Tell it to roll a d6 8 times instead of 8d6.

Also:
QUOTE (Alex)
I know that 2bit (Vick) was hoping to share one of Vick's contacts with someone - Dean perhaps? I will assume that works for both 2bit and Cedric R. I'll post a text message for the fixer: Mr. Yet-to-be-named.

I'll take up my fixer as Dean's, Cedric. Let's say for the sake of argument that we have a previous favorable working relationship?
Thanee
QUOTE (Cedric Rolfsson @ Mar 7 2007, 08:15 PM)
Okay, I'm having trouble linking the rolls in, help.

The only trouble you have is your monitor. biggrin.gif

Really, you probably just can't differentiate between the, admittedly, extremely similar colors.

Change the color for the text you link to black when spoilered, like below, and things are fine!

[ Spoiler ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012