Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rule Questions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
knasser

Well I think one thing is certain - that when Arsenal is released there will be a big increase in sales of reinforced air vent grills in Seattle 2070. grinbig.gif
Syonyde
I'm sorry for any confusion, I was referring to having the stats of a Doberman in a smaller frame. The only weapon I would really be looking to put in there is an SMG at the largest, I'm pretty sure LMGs wouldn't fit. I wasn't looking for a mobile fixed turret on my back, but having my cat guarding a door behind me wouldn't hurt either.

EDIT: The only issue I have is the difference between a small and medium droid. I was using the pay more idea kinda like one would with the different grades of Cyberware you can get (Alpha, Delta, So on) Thinking that if you pay more, you can use lighter and smaller parts but keep the same effectiveness.

About the only things I would have the cat for is to guard my back, and hold my agent program so it can help me fight online.

Wasabi
If the change is only cosmetic and you arent trying to do it to gain an advantage with Infiltration or some other rules-based benefot I doubt many GM's would object.
Kazum
Another Question

Summoning Ghosts: Can any magician/shaman of any tradition summon any kind of ghost for any use?

Or can a normal hermetic mage only summon a fireghost for fighting-purpose and so on ? (Based on the List under "Traditions")
Syonyde
Would multiple Datajacks take up essence, or would it be an added cost for updating the number of jacks? Is that more of a GM defined thing or is there more solid proof in the book I am missing?
Kazum
why would you take more than one datajack?

if you like to plug in more things into your datajack there should be someting like Y-Cables....
Wasabi
QUOTE (Kazum)
Another Question

Summoning Ghosts: Can any magician/shaman of any tradition summon any kind of ghost for any use?

Or can a normal hermetic mage only summon a fireghost for fighting-purpose and so on ? (Based on the List under "Traditions")

Choice of Spirits a mage may summon is determined by tradition.
Demon_Bob
QUOTE (Kazum)
why would you take more than one datajack?

if you like to plug in more things into your datajack there should be someting like Y-Cables....

Na just plug everything into your router (comlink) and then it into your datajack.
Syonyde
I wanted to go for a freaky looking hacker that is paranoid about his connections, so he has a bunch of wires coming out of his head, connected to all his crap. While hooking everything to the commlink will probably be what I do, I'd also like a second Datajack for communications and maitenence.
Moon-Hawk
The big reason to have multiple datajacks is if you want your brain to be talking to two completely separate networks. You could have one that is hooked up to your commlink and PAN, which is connected to the outside world (and thus potentially hackable) and another one connected to something else, maybe an internal commlink, maybe running to a vehicle that you're piloting, or a device or something, and as long as all the wireless is disabled on that network it can't be hacked.
So there is a reason to do it, but in a world where bandwidth is approximated to infinity, you shouldn't need multiple jacks just to talk to multiple devices.
Syonyde
Thank you, Moon-Hawk, that clarifies alot of issues I was having.

How much is Fiber-Optic wire? I don't think I saw a listing in the book.

With Skinlinks, if someone were to knock your gun out of your hand, could you set the gun to Default to Wireless? If so, would you have to hack the user's Commlink to get access to it or hack the gun itself? (Which wouldn't be that hard I suspect)
Kazum
QUOTE (Wasabi)
QUOTE (Kazum @ May 7 2007, 08:39 AM)
Another Question

Choice of Spirits a mage may summon is determined by tradition.

well, of course.

but there is written Combat: Fire
Manipulation: Air (for example)

can such a magician only summon a fire-ghost for combat-purposes or can he also summon an air-ghost?
Leehouse
My understanding is that the way the tradition classifies the various spirits dictates what spells each spirit can interact with to assist the caster, so a hermetic could have any spirit fight/defend them but only the fire spirits will be able to sustain combat spells, or assist with combat spells
Wasabi
QUOTE (Leehouse)
My understanding is that the way the tradition classifies the various spirits dictates what spells each spirit can interact with to assist the caster, so a hermetic could have any spirit fight/defend them but only the fire spirits will be able to sustain combat spells, or assist with combat spells

Exactly!

Its the spell category the spirit is able to assist in the casting of or assist in the teaching of. (both relate to bound spirits only)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012