Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cape Town Races
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
fistandantilus4.0
Went ahead and added links to the IC and OOC threads for Cape Town on the first post of each thread.
Redjack
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
A[n] American Elf Dragon Shaman Hermetic [Uncle Fist]

I thought only shamans had mentor spirits....?
Athanatos
No problem Fist. Actually Redjack any awakened type seems to be able to have a mentor spirit. It may only be a personal Daemon or part of your subconcious, but it isn't restricted to being basically a totem anymore.

Thus my Japanese Elven Shinto Kannuki or whatever that has the DarkGoddess as a primary Patron Kami. It says most wouldn't, but If she's saved your ass, she's saved your ass lol.

Goes with the whole respect and honor the kami thing. biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Kind of thinking about two different characters from the novels with this guy. First is Wolf, with how he interacts with his mentor spirit. In 4th edt, it is Mentor Spirit, not Totem. So yeah, open to anyone. For example, a Hougan that follows Ghede would take Dark King as his Mentor Spirit type.

The other character was the hermetic AmrInd guy from Burning Bright. He was from a shamanic background, but just couldn't fit in. The hermetic path just made mroe sense to him. The whole
I thought only shamans had mentor spirits....?
is actually part of the character and one of his issues. His parents were thrilled that they had a shaman in the family. Kind of like certain families that I have seen that are just thrilled to find out that their son is gay because its "just so trendy". Make sense?
Meriss
Read Drachen's notes again Uncle Fist, nice cool.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Thanks. The first parts just felt sort of cardboard. Happier now that he's got a bit more depth.
Meriss
Um, Uncle Fist, Could you do the same thing for Rave's gear as you're doing for Charlie's (I still have to figure out their commlinks, any thoughts?)
fistandantilus4.0
Well what grade link are you going for? The op end one is 8K. There's another decent one for about 5K as well. And the OS's are cheap with the top of the line being 1,500.
Meriss
For Rave just a cheapie like say the Sensei (My other forum char has one)
For Charlie, I'll show you what I want. System 3-4, Signal 3, Response 3.
Can that be done?
Meriss
Hey Tashio you have your concept yet?
fistandantilus4.0
Pg 319 BBB

Commlink Model/----Response---/----Signal--/---Cost
Metalink---------------------1----------------2----------100
CMT Clip--------------------1----------------3------------300
Sony Emporer-------------2-----------------3---------700
Renraku Sensei------------2-----------------4---------1000
Novatech Airwave --------3------------------3---------1250
Erika Elite-------------------3-----------------4---------2500
Hermes Ikon----------------4---------------3-----------3000
Transys Avalon--------------4---------------4-----------5000
Fairlight Caliban------------4----------------5------------8000

[b]Stock Operating System--/----Firewall--/System--/--Cost--
Vector Xim----------------------------1-----------1----------200
Redcap Nix ---------------------------1-----------2----------400
Reraku Ichi----------------------------2----------2-----------600
Mangadyne Deva ---------------------2----------3-----------800
Iris Orb -------------------------------3-----------3-----------1000
Novatech Navi------------------------3-----------4-----------1500

There, that should be everything you need.
DireRadiant
the [ code ] tag maintains uniform spaces within the tag.

CODE

So if you type     3 spaces they stay three spaces
fistandantilus4.0
Duh *smacks head* It's early, thank you. Hopefully I'll remember that next time. I hate the way the white looks though.
Meriss
Thanks Uncle Fist, I wuv you! love.gif
fistandantilus4.0
*pats Meriss on the head* That'll do boy, that'll do.
Meriss
*wag*
OK Plan B, Rave and Charlies comms done and up, Thanks Again Fist! (Now for Charlies progams)
*sigh*
Redjack
Hey there Fist... Did you tie up Plan B and stick her in the closet? Or did you kick her out the door and make her do some work? <G>
fistandantilus4.0
Actually she hasn't been feeling to well so we spent yesterday running around Dr's offices, getting x-rays and the like.

Don't you feel bad now. wink.gif

She's planning on posting tonight. Just a lot of things going on all at once.
Redjack
Actually I do feel bad, been to the doctor's twice this week myself..... and you could be making this all up and just have her duck-taped up in the closet... wink.gif

(Thanks for the heads up, tell her no rush.)
Meriss
Hope she feels better soon!
Lady Door
Hey guys... I'm here. (Ben had to leave so I managed to gnaw my way out of the duct tape!) But seriously, I'll be back up to my usual posting speed by tonight. Promise. smile.gif
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Redjack)
Actually I do feel bad, been to the doctor's twice this week myself.....

That's karma at work right there.
Redjack
Karma? I'm not the one with duct-tape.... nyahnyah.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Good ol' duct tape. 1,002 uses. Even karma fears duct tape.
Lady Door
Okay guys, here's the deal. When I posted the IC Cape Town thread, I didn't expect everyone to post so exuberantly and so quickly. I was planning on just getting the news item bit up so that everyone could get a feel for what was going down in Cape Town and then introducing everyone once I got a feel for everyone's character and everyone had turned in their character sheets.
But, you all jumped right in... which is great, but now it leaves me trying to backpedal and make up a lot of "side" story and personalities for contacts I know nothing about. So, here's the deal. We can do one of two things. One, I delete the IC Cape Town thread (actually have Fist3.0 do it) and we start over or Two, you guys give me some time to figure out how to run the game from where you all are.
Sorry if this in any way dminishes the game playing experience for all of you. All I can really say, is that I'm still a bit of a novice GM and please have mercy on my soul.
Also, I really hurt my shoulder the other day (hence the X-rays) so sitting on one position for longer then 30 minutes makes me want to curl into the fetal position and die. So... I promise I'll get the posting done, just let me know what you are all comfortable with and I really hope that I don't lose any of you guys because I suck. frown.gif
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Plan B on pg 3 )
Okay guys, here's the deal. When I posted the IC Cape Town thread, I didn't expect everyone to post so exuberantly and so quickly. I was planning on just getting the news item bit up so that everyone could get a feel for what was going down in Cape Town and then introducing everyone once I got a feel for everyone's character and everyone had turned in their character sheets.
But, you all jumped right in... which is great, but now it leaves me trying to backpedal and make up a lot of "side" story and personalities for contacts I know nothing about. So, here's the deal. We can do one of two things. One, I delete the IC Cape Town thread (actually have Fist3.0 do it) and we start over or Two, you guys give me some time to figure out how to run the game from where you all are.
Sorry if this in any way dminishes the game playing experience for all of you. All I can really say, is that I'm still a bit of a novice GM and please have mercy on my soul.
Also, I really hurt my shoulder the other day (hence the X-rays) so sitting on one position for longer then 30 minutes makes me want to curl into the fetal position and die. So... I promise I'll get the posting done, just let me know what you are all comfortable with and I really hope that I don't lose any of you guys because I suck. 

My personal choice in this scenario would be to reset the game to avoid losing more time in charater wrangling. But that's just me.
DireRadiant
Strangely, either way is fine by me. smile.gif
Lady Door
QUOTE (DireRadiant)
Strangely

??
Redjack
Reset and go.
Meriss
If you feel you need to reset, go for. I would like to know who this Dijimou character is thou.

*Engage GM mode*:
But if you don't want to reset I have a small thought. From where I'm sitting you have a potential Johnson right now, Dijimou. At the very least he's one step in the chain to a Johnson. All you need to do is comm everyone else, send them to a park or other public place, then Rave and Tashio's char can guide the non natives to another location. Dijimou then introduces the now together team to the Johnson or reveals himself to be the Johnson.
*Disengage GM Mode*
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Plan B)
QUOTE (DireRadiant)
Strangely

??

I hadn't made an IC post. So I don't lose anything either way.
Lady Door
Meriss ~ don't worry. You and Dijimou will meet again. Mwahahahahaha...

... I mean, he shows up later... so, yeah. smile.gif
Meriss
LOL! I believe you mean vegm.gif
Lady Door
hehehe.. okay, guys. I'm gonna go ahead and delete CT when Ben gets back on. So look back here tomorrow for your introductions. Sorry to slow ya down. smile.gif
Meriss
NP Plan B.

@All: Going away this weekend, so no net access. Apologies.
fistandantilus4.0
Cape Town IC is deleted as requested

Fear the Gold.

Saved my summoning test below, jsut because it took forever to type out.

[ Spoiler ]
Redjack
Hope that shoulder is healing from the duct-tape.
fistandantilus4.0
No, see , it's the shoulder that needs the duct tape.
Redjack
How are things coming? Think we might have a new IC thread this week-end..? grinbig.gif
Lady Door
Working on it. smile.gif .. Working on it.
*chews through duct tape*
fistandantilus4.0
Hey , we're having trouble getting some of these hosers posting on the existing thread., much less the one that needs re-creating. I'm whipping he as hard as I can ! Honest!
Redjack
So are you saying there's an opening in another game...? cyber.gif
Lady Door
Well, several people seem to have dropped out of the Miami Vice game... we're right to the meet and... *poof* disappeared peoples. *sigh* So...
DireRadiant
Dropouts in forum games?
Redjack
Hmmm.... So what are you telling me Plan B...? biggrin.gif
Lady Door
So, if they're still no-shows by tomorrow night then grab your characters and jump in. smile.gif
fistandantilus4.0
A diff char from this one obviously. wink.gif
Redjack
What is the team short on?
(Reading through the IC right now)
Lady Door
Ummm.. good question. Maybe a tech-related character?
fistandantilus4.0
High tech or out right mage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012