Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Bleeding Edge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Mickey allows Ricks to take the lead here, watching for threats. Ofttimes "friends" came out of the woodworks in this kind of situation. His trigger finger twitched as he watched with his half vacant stare...he almost looked like Ricks when he percieved astrally. He approached as well, but a step back or two from Ricks.
Large Mike

The six guys sitting on the steps, most of them without sleeves, and obviously sporting tattooes, look up. Each one of them has a tiger on them somewhere, in various styles. Some japanese style, some native, and a few in a style you've never seen before.

One of them, an ork with tattoos crawling up his neck and the side of his face, speaks in cityspeak. "Whats the scan, omae?"
Large Mike

The chiphead scrambles to his feet when he hits the ground, and quickly gathers everyone that is both coherent and wearing colors. There's about twenty of them, all said and done, gathered in front of Blitz, most annoyed to have been roused.
Grey
((ooc, I don't know cityspeak very well (though Ricks would), so I'm gunna assume you ment "whats up man"))

"Some friends and I are moving into the area and wanted to throw a block party to intro ourselves, you all down?"
last_of_the_great_mikeys
That fragging block party! How had such an idea gotten set in everyone's minds? This was going to be a security nightmare! Now he'd have to buy meat and stuff! He wanted to kick Ricks...or maybe shoot him! Too bad a mage was so valuable! Well, it was on the table now. Time to play it out.

"Kinda a day off hostilities. ya know? We don't need a war breaking out at a party."
Digital Heroin
Twenty guys, one big fraggin' Trog. Yeah, this could get ugly if he didn't handle it right. He takes a moment to look them over, and he nods to each arrival in turn.

`Guess you're wondering why you've all been called out of your various states of rest and brought in front of one butt ugly Troll, ain't ya?`

Open with a laugh, someone said that once he heard. He smiles for effect, showing just how ugly he is.

`Well I'll tell you what. I'm new 'ere, that's true... but I'm seeing something I don't like. You all wear the colors of the Katos, and that once meant something. Now you fell on tough times, took some hits, but I know that doesn't mean the pride still ain't there.`

He pauses, looking for a glimmer in their eyes, something to tell him some of these slitches are still alive. Then he cracks hand to fist, to see the reaction again.

`Well it seems that you're forgetting what it means to wear colors. This here Trog aims to fix that. You might have noticed, I ain't wearing green an gold.`

He flexes each human torso sized bicep to emphasize the point, a bandana on each arm.

`These here are Bleeding Edge colors, an I wear 'em proud.`

He draws a pointing finger over the crowd.

`Any of you got more pride than to just wear colors out of a box 'cause it makes you feel warm? Any of you still willing to fight for your turf? Because I've got an offer for you, join the Bleeding Edge. Bring your strength together with ours, and we'll bring some pride back to this neibourhood.`

He lets silence stand a moment, and then barks out good and loud, so they can hear it in the streets.

`Have I got anyone with me?`
Large Mike

The Katos mostly just stand there, stunned, staring blankly at Blitz. And then, something comes over them. One of them realizes that his coat may get him killed for the first time since he started wearing it. He takes it off and drops it to the ground.

Everyone looks at him, stunned for a second, but then another takes off his jacket, and then another. A wave of coat removal overcomes the crowd. Finally, there are only three left wearing the coat. They stand together, hard looks in their eyes.

"The three of us ain't goin' no place while we're still warm. We're not gonna stop you from movin' in, but you can pry the coats from our cold, dead bodies."
Large Mike

The bunch with the tiger tattoos look at each other a bit. "Chip? We're a fun-lovin' crew, we'd throw that on the plan and probably bring some firewater."

"What's you'r message anyways, chummers? We ain't never seen the likes of you 'round here."
Digital Heroin
He steps up to the three who stood their ground, for a moment seeming as if he might rend them limb from limb, but then he claps a hand in a respectful gesture to one's shoulder.

`Now that I can respect. You stand by your colors. I ain't here to evict, just here to offer a new direction. I won't claim we can replace your past, but we can make a new future.`

This spoken to all of them, even the ones who dropped their colors. He surveys the room, and considers a long moment.

`Who of you, who no longer wear the green and gold, shall wear the red and grey?`
last_of_the_great_mikeys
With every ounce of patience and diplomacy he can muster Mickey responds, "We're the Bleeding Edge. We've claimed a building on the block (Is it the same block, Large Mike?) and we're having a housewarming. The day of the bash we're willing to have our turf be neutral ground. We're new so we figure everyone will mutually distrust us enough to keep from being at each others' throats. No weapons. We'll supply the food."
Large Mike

Of those that abandoned thier colors, nobody seems to have any kind of interest in wearing new colors. As a matter of fact, they don't seem to have much interest in doing anything other than getting back to whatever they were doing. The three still wearing their colors shake their heads slowly.

One of the trio turns to the crowd. "Go do your thing, guys. I think we're done here." They all heed the words of the elven woman with her ears crudely snipped short.

"Enjoy your stay." She stares Blitz down, hard. "The top floor will have no colors in it other than green and gold. Visit, but don't assume you can stay up here. And watch out for the black guy on the third floor. If you got points on your ears, he'll try and make life rough for you. Don't kill him, though. He's the best source of ammo and food that isn't soy in the whole hood."
Large Mike

The guys with the tiger tattoos all look at each other and chuckle a bit. "Yeah, chummer, welcome to the hood. Hope you picked yourself a decent doss. Sure, we'll show, and we'll spread the word. You'll prolly wanna hit up the Nukes and tell 'em. They won't show, but it's all friendly like to ask 'em."
gobogen
As Sue, Painkiller and Nick are walking down a street, three orks get their attention in an alley behind a convenience store. They seem to be discussing about something and you could swear that they exchanged small objects. Two punks go deeper into the darkness, just as the third one walks your way.

He's tall, quite ugly and bald. He's wearing a jacket with a scaly patern on it. An interesting feature is the modification in his eyes which are blood red with a golden crosshair in place of the iris. He's not wearing any colors and you notice the huge two-handed sword sheathed in his back. The sword itself must be almost 6 foot long.

The ork walks straight up to you as he steps out of the alley, standing 10 feet away from you. "Hey there. You're new around here? Well I guess, since I've never seen anyone wearing these colors before.. What brings you here?"
Fresno Bob
Nick regards the newcomer.

"Hey there as well. We're just a gang who got screwed out of our turf. Call ourselves the Bleeding Edge. Just moved in a couple blocks down, y'dig?"
gobogen
"The Bleeding Edge, huh? I might be interested in joining your gang. Was looking for one for a little while now. By the way, the name's Reptile."

He raises his right arm for a handshake and you see that his pinky has been cut off a long time ago.
kevyn668
Sue takes a step back and one more to the left to better cover his new "boss" and to make sure he's out of effective range of that overgrown pig sticker. He keeps his hands loose at his sides just in case...
Grey
Ricks gives the tattooed ganger a nod, "Whats yer name, man? Mine's Ricks."

((Good Rep 2, he may have heard of the disco-dwarf-pimp-daddy))
Fresno Bob
Nick rolls back on his heels.

"You want to join? Sounds cool. Members have been dropping like flies, lately. Like that 90 year old movie, The Warriors. You ever see that? Recent events have reminded me of it.", he says. Then he sticks his hand out.

"My name's Nick. Welcome aboard Beta Team. Or are we Gamma Team? Sue, help me out."
kevyn668
Sue raises his eyebrows, "Uh, I thought we were Bravo Team..." and shrugs. "Anyway, name's Sue" He extends his hand. "How d'you do?"
Large Mike

The one that seems to have been all the talking for the tiger guys introduces himself. "Name's Nick. 's my pleasure."
gobogen
What the hell are they talking about? A prehistoric movie and teams with weird names? At least they know what gang they're part of..
I wonder what kind of leader they got.

"Alright. What do I have to do to join? Is there some sort of initiation? Oh, and are you the leader, Nick?"

I hope he's not.
Fresno Bob
"Well, the Edge is between leader's right now. As for initiation, no, nothing psycho, like the Halloweeners, or the Spiders. We kind of have a leader Pro-Tem right now, and I'm kind of the Second in Command Pro-Tem."
Grey
Ricks gives Nick's hand a good shake. "Right on, brotha. So whats the haps in the part of the hood, eh? Anything we should know about in order to avoid gettin' ourselves into somethin' we ain't ready for?"
gobogen
"I see. Well, I can't wait to meet him and the other members as well. As of now, you tell me what you want me to do... I'm done with my business for today. I would sure like to see the building you claimed yours, but that can wait. And if there is no initiation, what does it take to be allowed to put on the colors of the Bleeding Edge?"
Large Mike

"I's same as anyplace else, omae. Same as anyplace else."
Fresno Bob
"To wear the grey and red? Well, for new members, that takes a probationary period, ending whenever you're accepted, I guess.. Or you could be a friend of a member, like Painkiller there. Or, as was the case with me, just hang out with the gang for a while, and one day they'll hand you a bandana. That was a while ago though. Must've been right about when Promo became leader. See, we were one of the strongest gangs in Woodinville, 'till our leader got popped. So, our new leader sends us to war against another gang, and we came out on top. Lost seven good men, though. Anyway, the day after that, our new leader, Ghost, got cacked going to the store for some smokes. And that same day, another gang gave as an ultimatum. Leave, Join them, or Fight. We were going to fight, but then they showed up with a vertible shitload of guys. Must've been at least a hundred, fifteen awakened. We packed up. Ever since Promo died man, karma's been fucking us in the ear. But enough about that. Now we gotta deal with our new surroundings, and maybe taking back our old holdings. In any case, we've got some exploring around the neighborhood left to do, and you're welcome to come.", Nick says.
gobogen
"Alright, sounds good to me. I'll earn my bandana well. Go on and I'll follow you if what we have to do is exploration. I'm on your side from now on."

Reptile lets a smile go through his face. He would have a new family and a new home. He would finally be part of something... whatever what that something is.
Digital Heroin
Blitz takes a half step back. The look in her eyes, the ears chopped like that, there's something dangerous about this woman. He's wounded, she's got backup. Discretion's the better part of wisdom. Or some drek like that. He grunts, and nods, forcing a smile on his now wary face.

`I'll keep my own in check, yous can know dat. Never intend to displace no one.`

He frowns a touch at the rememberance of the man who'd struck a child for associating with another, merely because of his blood.

`You says he's a good resource, I takes you at your word. You know dis area better than I do. He strike another kid in fronna me though, might be that I get angry. Broken arms don't kill.`

While he speaks, something's stirring in his blood. Maybe the loss of blood's got him lightheaded, maybe it's the fact that this elf broad's got grit, but he's finding himself checkin' her out. He shakes it off though, best not be doin' something stupid. He nods his head, and turns towards the door.

`Any of mine come bothering you, send 'em my way and I'll speak to 'em. I'll be out of your way now.`

Hand held to the wound in his gut, Blitz makes his exit, and heads down to the room he'd claimed, to pass out until the guy comes back, Doc or not.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Mickey nods to the speaking Tiger. "Well, we'd not want to snub Grinder by not inviting the Red Hot Nukes. Besides, we need them to put on the fireworks." His lips twitch into a tic-smile and he holds out his hand. "My name's Mickey. So, where would the Nukes be at this time of day?"

After getting the information he turns to Yellow. "Hey, how did you get the name "Yellow,"anyway?" Before she can answer a thought pops into his head. A mix of pop culture and niche culture from 70+ years ago...who knows where he picked it up. Something about a guy who was given a silver arm by a dragon so he could forge lances to kill other dragons...Perhaps Ricks would get it.
Large Mike

Junkie, exhausted and pouring buckets of sweat from his forhead, finally catches up with the crew containing Sue, Painkiller, Nick, and so on. Without any explanation, he grabs Pain by the arm. "Bro, we need you back at base. Blitz's bullet-hole don't look so hot."
Fresno Bob
"Junkie! I haven't seen you in a while, man. What's that? Blitz is in trouble? Down at the old hotel? Lead the way! C'mon guys!", he says, pushing past him, then breaking into a run back to the hotel.
JongWK
(ER face)

"Sue, Nick, when we get back you're helping me with Blitz... the guy's one heavy fragger. Junkie, I'll need you to fetch my medkit."

(/ER face) wink.gif
Grey
Ricks says to Nick, "So where would we find the Nukes? I guess we outta go give em the invite."
kevyn668
Sue turns to Painkiller, "I'll do what I can, but I'm bett'r at puttin bullets inta folks then takin 'em out." And takes off after Nick, "On m'way!"
gobogen
Since he has nothing else to do at that point, Reptile follows them. Maybe he will be able to help too.

"I've a Medkit at my place in case you need one. I can go get it if you want..."
Large Mike

When you finally arive at the hotel, Blitz is *really* starting to hurt. The makeshift bandages around his waist are bled right through. Painkiller cuts the bandages off, revealing that a bullet has totally ripped up Blitz's guts. There's a hole the size of a fist, and that exposed intestines look like dog-meat. There's also a fairly obvious hole where the bullet is still. Easy to find, but a little more difficult to get to.
Fresno Bob
"Fucking hell, Blitz. I told you to be careful. No, you just had to be a tough trog.", he says.

"Hey, Pain...maybe we should knock him out for this. Sue's got some alcohol...but that makes you bleed more, doesn't it. Maybe we could just punch him in the face a bit?"

Then he reaches into his boot and pulls his knife out.

"Here, you need this?"
kevyn668
Sue scrunches up his face when he sees the gaping hole, I know we all got it commin' but when I get my nod, I want to go fast and furious. Not drawn out and left ripped open in front of folks like this...

He shakes his head and lets out a low whislte. "I don't think the flask has enough to put 'im down. We could try knockin' him out."

Sue rummages around the room and comes up w/ a broken chair leg. He tuns back to Nick, " 'Ere, you do it. I'll hold 'im down." He hands Nick the chair leg and takes off his jacket, revealing a Seattle Screamers Urban Brawl Jersey and an expanse of muscles. Sue moves into position to hold the monstrous Troll down.
JongWK
Looking at Blitz's troll-sized wound and waiting for his medikit, Painkiller finds himself facing difficult questions.

I could use a couple of tranquilizers, but can I risk killing him? Do I move him to a cleaner place or not? And what the frag's on primetime trid tonight?

"Aw frag, we're doing this the old fashioned way. Blitz, hold your cojones and take this morphine. It will ease the pain.

Let's just hope that there's something else than a goddam' rerun tonight"
Digital Heroin
During the process of everyone debating, Blitz just holds silent, when offered the morphine his expression darkens, and waves it off.

`I lived through it this long, I'll live a little longer...`

His body's staying pure now. Drugs were his father's crutch. He is not his father. He waves off Sue as well; pain is his friend. Pain reminds him he's still alive. He occupies himself while Painkiller goes to work leveling his gaze at Nick. If he makes a swing, hole in his gut or not Blitz's is gonna strip that chairleg from him, and it's gonna take one hell of an effort not to swing it right back.
Fresno Bob
Nick sets the chair leg down and pulls of his motorcycle jacket.

"Blitz...man. This is gonna hurt, but less than getting your stomach carved up while awake.", he says, picking up the leg.

Nick leans in close to Sue and whispers "Make...sure...you hold him the fuck down. He's strong as a fucking dragon."

"Try not to freak out man. I'm trying to help you.", he says to Blitz one last time. Then he swings it at the side of his head, hoping for a knockout landing.
Digital Heroin
An image of his father's striking hand flashes across Blitz's vision as the chairleg careens towards his skull. He growls and tries to wrench an arm free from Sue's grasp to strike out and destroy (Smashing Blow attack) the offending object.
kevyn668
Gritting his teeth and straining against the force of Blitz's strength, "Easy big guy. Don't do anything we might all regret..."
last_of_the_great_mikeys
After dealing with the Tigers Mickey leads Ricks and Yellow back toward the new pad, but down the other side of the street...just in case they bump into someone important. When they finally arrive the noises of what sounds like a fight emanate from the place. He raises his eyes a little, looking at the two again. "We better go see if that involves one of our guys.

He strides into the building, following the noise and holding his big wrench. Dammit, he hadn't had a chance to get new spray cans! How could he mark the scene without them? His eye and lip tic'd nervously at the thought of an unmarked fight location!

When he got into the room and saw a bunch of Edgers holding down Blitz and Nick trying to smash the hulking troll with a chair leg he relaxes, leaning against the wall and calmly states in a voice loud enough for all to hear, "Five Nuyen on Blitz."
Grey
Ricks frowns, trying to figure out what the hell is going on. "What the fuck, Mickey? You guys beat eachother up on a regular basis?"
kevyn668
He's red in the face and the tendons are starting to stick out on his neck now. Sue looks up at the Dwarf Pimp and between grunts he puffs out, "What? You never been 'Jumped In' before?"
gobogen
Reptile, not being introduced to anyone, watches from a distance. He wonders what the hell they are doing... If a troll doesn't want to be hit on the head, however wounded he might be, you should not try to hit him. Looking at Nick, he wonders if the guy is even strong enough to actually knock a troll unconscious, especially a though one like that one.

If I was in his situation, he thought. I wonder what I would do.. would I take the drug? Overall I think he's right about the drug, but I would at least take the hit on the head... the pain must be unbearable.
Grey
Ricks walks over finding the struggle a bit thrilling, then he spots the wound in the trolls gut. "Whoa! That's quite the hole you got there..."

Ricks moves around to where Blitz head is and bends down. He reaches his hand out and puts two fingers behind his ear. For a moment, everyone can't help but notice Ricks, even Blitz would be hard pressed not to stop and gaze at him, for he is the essence of the Seductress. The tip of Ricks fingers glow slightly as the Heal spell takes is effect on Blitz.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Watching Ricks turn on the juice he shakes his head. His ice cold exterior breaks for a moment and he sings out softly while the healing mojo flows, "When I get that feeling I want...sexual healing..."

When he realizes he sang it out loud he winces, his trigger finger twitching. This dwarf was gonna be a bad influence! He had no time or place for humour...he had a war to fight. He had to stay cold and hard, dammit!
Buddha72
The sound of a high performance engine carries in from the street, one of those over worked crotch rockets you see roaring on the highways.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012