Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Bleeding Edge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
kevyn668
To the stunned silence after Mickey's serenade Sue says, "Well, that wasn't such a chore, now was it?" He slowly takes his hands of Blitz, "No hard feelings, big guy?"

Sue steps away slowly. When the sound of the bike reaches his hears he moves to the side of the window and peeks out.
Grey
Ricks gives Blitz a pat on the shoulder, "That should do it."

He then moves to the windows as well, wanting to check things out.
Buddha72
As you both lean out you can see a small Vespa-like scooter being parked by a slim woman, possibly an Elf. She's wearing a jumpsuit with a long coat, her back is facing you. She has a small backpack with a teddy bear stitched to it like a B horror flick. Above it's head in jagged letters is the phrase "SAVE ME!". She pulls off the helmet and her magenta hair flairs in the light. Her face is covered with a layer of fine white fur. She seems to take a moment to look around.
Fresno Bob
Nick looks out the window at the woman.

"Hey, how could that scooter make that noise?", he wonders out loud. Then, shrugging, he heads outside and approaches the woman, asking "Do you have business with the Bleeding Edge?"
Grey
Ricks can't help but snicker as he heads out behind Nick. "Damn Nick, you sound like our receptionist."

He then turns to the girl, "So whats up? What can you do for me?"
gobogen
Reptile goes out to meet with the newcomer, following Nick and Ricks.
Buddha72
She gives the motley crew pouring out of the building a once over. "Just the people I was looking for. Is there someone in particular I talk to about paying work?" She leans casually back against her scooter, arms folded at her waist. Her eyes are an almost clear blue.
Digital Heroin
Not one to be laid low by anything short of... well, a giant hole in his gut. Blitz soon joins the group gathered by the new chick, not having bothered to remove his bloodied clothes. He gives a nod to Ricks, and claps a hand to Sue's shoulder, a sign he's cool with what had to go down.

`Paying work, like you're looking for cash? What you got to offer?`

He doesn't even hide his assesment of her, nor the grin on his face. Whaat? He's street through and through.
Buddha72
As the team begins to step outside, a sleek black sports car—Westwind Convertible with the top down—roll down the street and stop. The driver is a tall muscular man, with his blonde hair pulled into a loose braid down his back stopping just before his waist. Dressed in a tres-chic suit and designer long coat, he confidently walks across the street to stand just behind the thin elf. His smile sparkles as he takes off his sunglasses and watches the team.

The woman gives as good as she gets in the mental disrobing. She smiles. "Maybe later boy toy but this skirt's working. I need a squat cleared out and the current residents feel the need to bleed instead of moving on."
kevyn668
Sue joins the rest of the group. He grunts a you're welcome back at the big Troll.

After the scene unfolds, Sue moves to a posistion where he can cover Nick and has a clear LOS on the new pair. He crosses his arms over his chest,

"So, you want us to clear out some...what? Squatters? Gangers? Why should we? From the way I hear it told, these guys were just on the recievin' end of that sorta treatment...."

Sue tosses a quick glance Nick's way. "Either way, yer gonna hafta sell one o'the Big Men on yer plan here. I rec'on that might be kinda difficult given the current events and amount on thier plates at the moment."
Buddha72
"Gangers, or wanna-be in this case. I had some people there before that got jumped and thrashed. I thought you might all appreciate some nuyen for easy work. If I'm wrong say so and I'll take my business elsewhere, there's always gangs out there looking for cash to buy better toys and geek their rivals."
Grey
Ricks steps up, him being the socialite, and asks, "How much you lookin' at payin' out?"
gobogen
Reptile stands by, waiting to see what the Bleeding Edge decides to do... If they would not be interested in this deal, than he might decide to try to arrange something with those people personnaly. It seems like a regular type job.. you go there, find the thugs, kick their ass, make sure they don't want to do stupid things ever again, leave, and get your well-earned nuyen. For sure, the Bleeding Edge would be stupid not to accept.
Buddha72
"I'm an easy going woman. He does all the tense things" Gives a nod towards the blonde behind her. "What's your going rate to beat someone down in a way that says I'm not happy? For the record, my unhappiness extends to broken limbs and 1 or 2 deaths out of a group of 8 people, possibly 10."
Fresno Bob
Nick snorts and steps up.

"What, you want us to beat some squatters, kill a couple, and kick 'em out of their tenements? Sounds easy enough. We got the tech and skill to do something low like that, but as my associate Ricks says, how much nuyen can we expect from you?", he says, hanging his right hand near his Warhawk.
Digital Heroin
`You want us to wipe out some fake gangers, this is payin' work?`

Hell, Blitz'd do it for free, but he's getting wiser in recent days. He eyes the blonde guy, and steps forward, to do a walk around of his ride. Hell, they don't built these things with enough beef. He could probably lift the thing.
Buddha72
The blonde stranger’s smile droops slightly as his eyes glide over the warhawk and trail across Nick resting just below his beltline before crawling up to look him straight in the eyes. You can’t help but realize if he’s sizing you up—the question is whether it’s as only so much meat or a more professional glance. The supermodel turned bodybuilder pushes his overcoat back to pull out his pocket-watch and glance at the time. As the coat was flared open, you see the flash of an SMG. Slipping the watch back into his vest pocket, you think you can almost hear him whisper something—though it could have just been the silk lining of the coat against his calf

"I can pay 2k a head since I need it down within the next 24 hours. That enough for you all?"
Grey
"Make it 2500 a head and you got yerself a deal."
kevyn668
Sue readjusts his position to cover the bodyguard.
Buddha72
The woman eyes the movement. "Take it easy boys and girls, no need to get riled up. I would hate to lose this happy feeling I have." She turns back to the dwarf. "Done. You want separate sticks?' She reaches into her coat pocket and pulls out a business card, flicking it to the ground by the dwarf. "That's the address and the clock starts when you get your cash. You have 24 hours." She gives a big sigh. "Now we've reached the part of the program where I tell you if you screw me over you can kiss it all good bye. So do us all a favor and stick with the agreement. Any questions?"
Grey
"Seperate please. And I ain't got no questions, but the rest may."
kevyn668
"Naw. I get ya."
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Mickey slips out to watch and listen, sizing up the potential employers. 2500 each...this was more than it seemed. If she had that kind of money to throw around this might be something worth checking on. He nods his assent for any who are watching while he looks to see if he recognizes either of them. Extremely unlikely...but it might help him remember their appearance later when he described them to his contacts while he dug for info on them.
JongWK
"Sounds interesting", says Painkiller while exiting the building. He takes a look at Blitz.

"Yo, you might want to watch that. Don't wanna go aroun' bleeding like a loser, right?" wink.gif
Buddha72
"Anyone else? Can you give me a head count so I can get the nuyen ready to go."
gobogen
"Count me in."

Turning to Mickey, Nick and the others: "You Edgers will see that I am worth being part of your gang. Let's blow up these punks!"
Buddha72
"Charming." She digs into her backpack and begins to fish out credsticks. "Last time kiddies, how many in this motley crew?"
Fresno Bob
"Well, let me think. We've got Mother, Tech- wait, no he died. Junkie, Reptile, Painkiller, and Sue. Widow, Mickey, Me, Blitzkrieg, Beast, Diablo, Bishop, Ricks, Kake, Ja-wait, he's dead, too. Buck To-wait, dead. Bruised, Trem-no...dead. Trash and Shaman and Tyler and...no, they're all dead...Oh, and uh, Girl.", Nick says, looking up and ticking off members on his fingers.

"Er, well, that's 16, 'less I forgot anyone."
last_of_the_great_mikeys
"You forgot Yellow!"
Buddha72
"Right, let's do this. I'll throw out 6 credsticks and you all can figure out who's doing the work." She counts out six sticks and tosses them to the ground by the dwarf. "The clock is ticking so good luck." With that she hops on the scooter and it's engine roars to life, sounding just like a high performance crotch rocket. She gives a nod to blonde muscle man and tears off down the street.

The blonde adonis smiles as he walks to the car. With a quiet purr the engine turns over and he glances at Blitz. "A pleasure doing business with you." and drives away.
Fresno Bob
"Fuckers. Who the fuck do they think we are?", Nick says, squatting down to pick up a credstick.

"Well, I'm going. 2k is good for me."
Digital Heroin
`Two kay a 'ead? Fer killing? Sounds like they're funding my hobby...`

Blitz gets a shit eating grin on his ugly old mug.

`Lets get at 'er...`

He heads off to the room he'd claimed, to pick up some gear. Namely the cop car door.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Mickey watches and decides to let others go on this run. Someone had to watch the fort. "I'll stay here this time. My phone is on if you decide you need some support. Don't hesitate to call. Those of you who go, perhaps I could convince you to donate a little to the gang's coffers? After all, we're going to need a few things to set us up right."
Large Mike

Girl leans down and picks up the stick. "I'll bash some heads." Out of the corner of your eye, you see Widow smile approvingly, and adjust the knife at her belt. Kake also bends to pick up a stick, choosing not to explain his actions, judging by his silence. Finally, the hobgoblin that followed from the old neighbourhood steps up to the remaining sticks. "I know that I'm not even really a member or anything yet, but I have no place else to go, so I'll do whatever I need to in order to impress someone enough to hand me colors."

You notice that his english was well above the par set for the Barrens. He gingerly picks up a stick, and hands it to Mickey. "I do this for the glory of the Bleeding Edge."
Digital Heroin
Blitz catches wind of Mickey's call for money for the coffers, and he cranes his neck around.

`Consider one of those sticks for the gang. Anyone touches it, they talk to me.`

He's ready to bust heads on general principal.
gobogen
Reptile approaches the pile of credsticks, hesitates, and then turns back to face the others.

"I'm not doing this one for money. I'm doing this for the Bleeding Edge. This is the gang's money and I'm not part of it yet."
Grey
"I'll go, you'll need a little mojo support. Besides, its been a while since I've done anything like this, it should be fun."

Turning to his girls, Ricks says, "You girls stay here with Mickey, I don't want your goods getting messed up. Play nice while I'm gone, eh?"
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Mickey takes the credstick from the hobgoblin, then nods approvingly at all those doing it "for the glory of the gang." 2500 smackers could get the bare bones. Some tools to make repairs on the place, basic furnature, lots of ammo and food...hmmm...looks like they'd need more yet.

"Those not going on this little hunt, let's go through the building and make a list of repairs that need to be done and things we need to get. I want to turn one room into an armoury to store extra weapons in, another into a "war room." We'll need a place for planning sessions. We'll not get caught off guard like that again!Today we get organised! Nick, remember, just 2 dead. The rest live. Make sure that's how it happens." He wanted to go. He really did. However, he had a tendency to lose it in the heat of battle. No, this was a run for cooler heads like Nick, Blitz and Kake.
kevyn668
Looking at the gangers aound him in turn, "Hell, I'm in." Sue turns to Mickey, "You can consider this one on the house, if ya know what I mean."

Sue draws the Preditor and checks the action and the load, "Nick, are we apha team or omega team on this one?"
Fresno Bob
"Bollocks to that, we're team Spinebreakers. Much easier to remember. Let's pack some intimidating shit, too.", Nick says, getting his Armored Jacket on, and taking his Defiance out of his duffel bag. He puts some extra shells into his pockets.

"Here's the plan. We go in, Sue and I cack a guy each, then the rest of you rough em up. After that, we throw them and all their shit out. Sound good? And I want at least half the money going to the gang."
Grey
Ricks speaks up, "Everyone that is going needs to be wearing something that IDs us as friends. If I summon up a spirit to confuse the bad guys, I don't want anyone getting caught up in it."
gobogen
To Nick: "Sounds good, yeah. But if you want me to ONLY rough 'hem, then I would need some gel rounds to put in my baby." The word sounds pretty bad coming out from the mouth of an ork, but at least Reptile here refers to a firearm and not to a person. He takes in his right hand his AK-97 from the left side of his belt, under his jacket. The gun is steel-covered and almost shiny when you look at it. Reptile seems to treat it gently when manipulating it and his eyes glow with excitement.

To the gun: "We're gonna hurt people real soon, don't worry, but we cant kill 'hem. Boss says so." Reptile has waited for this moment a long while and it will be great to feel the boost of adrenaline in his veins again.

To Ricks: "Tell me what to put on for your special friend to recongnize me. I guess I cant wear the colors since I have not earned them yet, but maybe you can tell him that I have a green scaly pattern on my jacket, I dont know a whole lot of people wearing this..."
Fresno Bob
Nick raises his eyebrow and slowly nods.

"Yeah...gel rounds. Good idea, that.", he says, getting some gel rounds for his shotgun out of his bag.
Large Mike

Yellow obviously can't bear to see the two remaining sticks just left there, and decides that she's lived a hard enough life that if anyone is going to deny her her right to earn some money, they can say that from inside a closed coffin.

She steps forward and goes to pick up the stick with her flesh hand, but remembers to learn to start using the oversized hunk of metal grafted onto her other arm. You notice she's already painted 'MONY' on the the knuckles of her cyber-hand.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Mickey picks up the last stick. "The Bleeding Edge coffers have 5000 nuyen in them. When we have settled in, what's left over will be for Bleeding Edge needs as a whole."
Large Mike

Widow seems to mumble something under her breath. (Only those that get a 5 or better on a perception test can hear.)
Grey
"Hey, can we pick up some paint and just paint a red slash on the our backs? That should be good enough, and I'm gunna need some Gel rounds for my Predator. Oh and Mickey, I'll put a ward up around the building when I get back."
JongWK
"I'm in. I'm itching for a fight after being kicked out of our turf."
kevyn668
@ Nick: "Sounds good, omae. I can do intimidating." And with that pulls out the sawed off double barrel shot gun and displays the inscription on its sides :

Warning: Do Not Stand In Front OF

He rests the boomstick on his shoulder and gives the crowd a feral grin.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
QUOTE (Grey)
"Hey, can we pick up some paint and just paint a red slash on the our backs? "

Mickey half smiles at this idea, then remembers he's out of spray paint! He'd not had a chance to get more.

"With an "R" in the circle-slash."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012